So You Think You Can Dance Winner Is…

August 15, 2006 11:11 PM by Joe Blackmon

Dance_final_four

After close to three months of So You Think You Can Dance 2, there are only four dancers left.  Benji Schwimmer, Donyelle Jones, Heidi Groskreutz and Travis Wall have clawed their way to the top.  Last week, the four final dancers performed in every pair combination possible and also gave solo dances.  This week, the live season finale will air on Wednesday, Aug. 16 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET, and the final voting results will be revealed.

Either Benji, Donyelle, Heidi, or Travis will be crowned America’s favorite dancer.  The winner will receive a $100,000 cash prize, a new car and a one-year contract with Celine Dion’s Las Vegas show, "A New Day." Featured guest artists for the So You Think You Can Dance Finale will include Ciara, performing "Get Up" from the "Step Up" movie soundtrack, and Fergie, who will perform "London Bridge."

After last week’s show, all four performers received praise from the judges, but Travis stood out as receiving perhaps the strongest overall praise.  Last year, Nick Lazzarini won the first So You Think You Can Dance.  Will a boy win again?  In addition to Travis, Benji also seems to be a fan favorite.  However, Heidi and Donyelle have their supporters as well and should not be counted out.  Our prediction though is that Travis Wall will take home the title.  Please post your predictions in the comment section below.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for So You Think You Can Dance news.  For other great So You Think You Can Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can Dance.

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

50 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Winner Is…”

1. BenjiandTravisfan Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 7:27 am

I THINK BENJI OR TRAVIS IS GOING TO WIN THE WHOLE THING. I REALLY HOPE IT IS BENJI AND NOT TRAVIS BECAUSE TRAVIS IS SICK IN THE HEAD AFTER WHAT I READ ABOUT HIM. GO BENJI!

2. Nancy (Miami FL) Says:

5. Nancy (Miami FL) Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 8:28 am

According to DIALIDOL

BENJI is by far the WINNNNNNER

6. Bobby Rude Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 9:07 am

It’ll be Travis. But, what are you talking about with him being “sick in the head”?

7. Elle Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 9:19 am

I agree that it will be Travis. Both he and Benji are really talented. I don’t understand the “sick in the heard” comment either.

8. jamie Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 10:38 am

i dont cre who wins, i just luv the show!!!

9. Dallas Fan Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 11:01 am

Travis is my vote because I think he would be perfect for the Celine Dion performance. However, Benji and Heidi and show stoppers and I wish there was some venue out there where their particular talent could be showcased. They are fun and exciting to watch. I personally would not buy a ticket to see a live Tour of So You Think…finalist, but I would certainly tune in if TV shows went that direction. I love watching Variety Shows featuring the singing and dancing. Maybe they could be the next Sonny and Cher or Donnie & Marie. I guess I am dating myself! Can’t wait for tonight….

10. Dallas Fan Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 11:03 am

11. Dallas Fan Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 11:03 am

12. SweetGirl Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 1:28 pm

HEY what do you mean “Sick in the head” ????
    Can you please explain cause i am really confused……..

13. Gigi Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 4:14 pm

Benji should totally win. He’s way better than all of the others!

14. ciara Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 5:50 pm

I think that Travis should win because he can do lots of different kinds of dances well. Celine would be lucky to have him in her show. Travis gets my vote. And why does someone think he’s sick in the head?

15. ciara Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 5:52 pm

16. ciara Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 5:52 pm

17. ciara Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 5:53 pm

18. Anonymous Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 9:00 pm

Benji Won

19. mary Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 10:39 pm

congrats, Benji, awesome dancer and person,,,,,,,,was a great season,,

20. ana Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 10:45 pm

I THINK BENJI WON! freck man they just aired it.. who won cause i didn’t get a chance to see it. lol please?

21. K.C. Ivy Says:
    August 16th, 2006 at 11:42 pm

HEIDI!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! I AM SO PISSED HEIDI DIDN’T WIN!!!!!! This reminds me of the quote about Ginger Rogers: “She did everything Fred Astaire did…only backwards and in high heels.” Heidi performed with an excellence unsurpassed by any of the dancers on whom tv wasted its minutes showing. MORE HEIDI!!!! If I had a dance show or a movie, I would instantly cast Heidi. She is phenomenal!!! I AM SO PISSED!!!!

22. dummy Says:

soo who won?!!??

26. michael Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 2:57 am

soo who won?!!??

27. ogeatmenow@yahoo.com Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 7:37 am

Before revealing the results of the viewer vote, each of the six remaining … Cat tells Benji and Ivan that one of them has the lowest total of votes and …
    http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2006/08/so_you_think_yo_2.html – 89k – benji comes in next to last 2 weeks ago then wins .no way .heidi won I know this won’t stay posted take those cells with redial away from the female teenie boppers

28. ogeatmenow@yahoo.com Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 7:40 am

29. ogeatmenow@yahoo.com Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 7:41 am

30. ogeatmenow@yahoo.com Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 7:42 am

31. ogeatmenow@yahoo.com Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 7:42 am

32. oginvu@yahoo.com Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 7:46 am

i agree all the cells with redial must be taken away from THE LITTLE GIRLS heide the winner

33. oginvu@yahoo.com Says:

August 17th, 2006 at 7:57 am

HEIDI THE WINNER

43. Jennifer Says:
    August 17th, 2006 at 5:18 pm

BENJI WON.

ogeatmenow@yahoo.com
    on the last results show, Cat didn’t say that Benji had the 2nd lowest amount of votes – she said that TRAVIS definitely didn’t have the lowest amount of votes, and thus left Benji & Ivan. She was looking for the one w/ the lowest amount of votes – it wasn’t Benji, it was IVAN. She NEVER said Benji had the 2nd lowest amount of votes, for all we know, he could have had the most votes and was in the “bottom 2″ because they wanted to create suspense. In fact, Cat even said at the beginning of the results show after Heidi was safe that it didn’t necessarily mean Heidi had the most votes, it just meant she didn’t have the LEAST amount of votes. I hope i’ve explained it well enough for you to understand.. – -”

44. Sandra Peters Says:
    August 19th, 2006 at 12:51 am

Benji never did come in second. Cat said one of the two (Ivan or Benji) had the lowest votes. She also said Traves didn’t have the highest. Benji was never in the bottom during the whole contest. Travis was in the bottom constently.

45. Sandra Peters Says:
    August 19th, 2006 at 12:58 am

Benji was the only dancer that was never had to dance for his life. He was never voted in the bottom group. If you look at the fox poll Benji was way ahead of Travis all the way. They just tried to push Travis at the end because Mia wanted him in her show.

46. Mee Says:
    August 19th, 2006 at 7:57 pm

In my opinion – and many maannyy people i know- Travis Wall should have easily been the winner.
    As a dancer myself, i know travis shouldve won. One of the substitute teachers at my studio is good friends with Travis. She talks about him -even brags- about him, and how the show is nothing to him- that he is outstanding in real life. Also, the show is not callled So You Think You Can Perform. Benji can PERFORM. Im not saying he cant dance, though Travis is a much better DANCER. hense the show title- So You Think You Can Dance.

47. Sandra Peters Says:
    August 19th, 2006 at 11:33 pm

I guess the voters did not think Travis was better or they would have voted for him. I don’t think Travis at any time was ahead in this contest.

48. Anonymous Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 3:40 pm

what the heck did whoever read about travis?

49. ilovethisshow Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 4:05 pm

THIS SHOW IS THE BEST! I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL AMERICAN IDOL STARTS BECAUSE THATS MY FAVORITE SHOW AND SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. SO HAPPY BENJI WON AND WHY IS TRAVIS SICK IN THE HEAD!

50. Madouri Says:
    October 22nd, 2007 at 8:33 am

I have been watching but I was able to see who the winner was – Travis or Benji. The show was stopped abruptly on my television. Could you kindly inform me of the winner. this was the best show in a long while. I enjoyed every minute of it. All the dancers are so talented and entertaining. I am from Trinidad and I look forward for another season.

Comments