Howie Gordon – Big Brother All Stars Loses The Star Of The Show

August 20, 2006 08:36 PM by Joe Blackmon

Howie_gordon_photoHurricane Howie has left the house.  The star of Big Brother All Stars is gone.  In what has to be considered one of the most unlikely series of events ever on Big Brother, Chicken George won a head of household competition, and then took out the houseguest who had been nicer to him than anyone else in the house.  While the other houseguests initially ignored Chicken George and plotted to make him an early evictee, Howie Gordon took time to teach Chicken George the ways of the force.

The surprise eviction of Howie Gordon is sending shockwaves through Big Brother fandom.  Many Howie fans are upset over the way that Howie exited the game.  On the Thursday episode of Big Brother, it looked like either Erika Landin or James Rhine was on their way home.  Even with the prospect of one of them winning veto, many would have figured that with Chicken George as HOH that Howie would have been the last person in the house at risk for nomination.  In fact when Chicken George won HOH, Howie was the first one to rush over and give him a congratulatory hug.

However, when Veto King James took himself off the block, Chicken George took out his friend with a lightsaber to the back.  If Dr. Will or even Danielle had been the one to take out Howie, then most would not have been surprised, but Howie had trained Chicken George to be a Jedi and even allowed him to ride him down the slippery slide.  Chicken George taking our Hurricane Howie will go down as one of the most surprising backstabs in all of Big Brother history.

The other reason Howie fans are in a stir is that because Howie’s eviction happened on a double eviction week his departure seemed rushed and sudden.  Julie Chen had a brief conversation with Howie and didn’t even air goodbye messages from the other houseguests to Howie.  It seemed to be an unfitting end to one of Big Brother’s most popular houseguests.  Since the houseguests didn’t have a chance to tape goodbyes to Howie, we invite all Big Brother fans to post their goodbye messages to Howie in the comment section below.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Big Brother All Stars news.  For other great Big Brother All Stars news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother All Stars and SirLinksALot: Howie Gordon.

Topics: Big Brother |

30 Responses to “Howie Gordon – Big Brother All Stars Loses The Star Of The Show”

1. Mike C Says:
    August 20th, 2006 at 9:20 pm

Howie sure went out w/a bang! Glad he had a few chose words for Boogie. Boogie’s head has gotten bigger than usual the last couple of weeks. Sorry to see you leave Howie but at least Janie’s still there to battle it out.
    Janie must win HOH this week or she will be trouble again!

2. Waldo Says:
    August 20th, 2006 at 9:45 pm

I am so sick of watching Mike Boogie. He is just a boring old Will wannabe.

3. anney Says:
    August 20th, 2006 at 10:52 pm

I can’t believe this…chill town strikes again! James, Janelle and chill town need to go! The only “real” person left if chicken George. Hopefully Geoege will take it all in the end!

4. julia Says:
    August 20th, 2006 at 11:23 pm

So, so sorry to see Howie leave! He was Janelle’s beefcake! I wanted those 2 in the end. Erika, James and Dani make me so tired. JAmes whines about absolutely everything, while Dani thinks she is running the house, while it is actually running her! Go CT & Jani!!! The BB house is sooooo quiet without Howie. George is surely not a friend, and he will be sorry he turned on his Jedi Master!

5. Kathy Says:
    August 20th, 2006 at 11:34 pm

It’s a sad day when someone like Chicken George turns on the only person in the house who’s been nice to him from the start and stabs him in the back. What a chump!

I’ve been a CG fan all along, hoping he’d win the big bucks to help his family. But he showed his true colors tonight, and I hope he’s the next person to go to the sequester house so that Howie can go busto on him. CG will deserve the worst Howie can dish out.

6. howie fan Says:
    August 20th, 2006 at 11:43 pm

Howie – you are the greatest!!!
    The show is not the same without
    you!!!
    Janie loves you!!!
    I will stiop watching after Janie
    is gone!!!
    you made it so fun!!
    Thank-you for being you dont ever change

7. Blah Says:
    August 20th, 2006 at 11:56 pm

I am actually really happy that Howie got evicted.

8. David K. Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 12:04 am

Howie…why didn’t you say something when George asked you to put in your 2 cents. You should’ve railed against Chilltown right then & there and told CG who his real allies are.

What George did wasn’t right. He took out the one person that had genuinely liked him all along. George should’ve realized Erica was untrustworthy when Boogie revealed he knew George was planning to put up Will. Which of course meant Erica spilled the beans even after she promised George she would zip it. Right there, George should’ve realized who to put up. Not Howie!!!!

You’ll be missed Howie.

9. Shelley Smith Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 12:11 am

No more whinny Howie. Yeah! At least ‘Chill Town’ doesn’t pretend that they are not evil and diabolical. Howie and Janelle lied and conived, and were then offended when someone did the same to them…go figure!
    GO JAMES!!!!

10. Brenden H. Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 12:36 am

Howie was one of the greatest. Loyal to his team and solid all around. What will Janie do without him? I hope James gets back-doored, that whinny baby.The game just won’t be the same now.Chicken G. turned out to be Darth Vader that lowlife.

11. Loyal Big brother 6 fan Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 12:56 am

George isn’t a chicken anymore he has turned out to be Darth vader. He turned to the dark side of the force. Right infront of the Jedi. How could somebody be treated so well and be turned against.

I would rather watch BBUK or BB Australia this BB USA is such a joke. All our favorites are getting voted out and we have NO SAY!!!!!!

12. Dellane Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 1:08 am

The star of the show? Are we watching the same show? I didn’t see Season 6 – I may well have liked Howie a lot more if I had – but it’s clearly been Will who is leading the house strategy wise and Janelle who is the competition queen. Other that remain loyal to the alliance he entered the house with, what exactly did Howie due to warrant him a longer stay in the house? He didn’t win anything, was the poorest diplomat of all the All-Stars, and had a “strategy” that consisted of agreeing with what Kaysar and/or Janelle told him was the plan. I remember a recent BB show in which he said in the Diary Room that if he didn’t step it up soon, he deserved to go. He was right…and I’m quite glad he – and his sexist comments – are gone.

13. snozzers Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 5:04 am

howie was the show. especially on the feeds.

14. Anonymous Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 6:59 am

I kind of lost a lot of respect for Howie after watching the show tonight. I doubt any of the house guest were thrilled to be evicted. Kaysar and Jase were both backed doored, but although jase had a bit of temper tantrum before nomination, he did not get into someone’s face or toss their hat off their head. A thirty something year old man, should no better than to behave that way (That equally goes for Mike Boogie as well.)
    Was howie cheated, yea most likely he was, but so was Jase, so was Kaysar and for that matter so was Diane, but at the end of the day, they had enough class to act like adults and realized that this is only JUST A GAME after all.
    I was, am and will always be a SOV fan but even so, I don’t condone Howie’s actions one bit, nor was I impressed with Mike boogie either. However, I suddenly (and surprisingly) am quiet fond of WILL. He was the only one in the house (Next to Janey) who impressed me last night. Good grief, I think the good doctor is begining to hypnotize me just as he has his fellow house guest: How the heck did that happen????
    OH and one more thing, although I liked Howie a lot last season as well as this season, he was not the star of the show. I’m not just saying that becase he has not won a single comp since he has been there either; I’m basing my information on C.B.S BIG BROTHER web site poll for most popular house guest; if you go by that then Kaysar was the star of the show with Janey in 2cd place and Doctor Will in 3rd. according to that poll Howie is in 5th place. NOT a bad spot, but hardly the STAR of the show.

15. Tiger lily Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 7:00 am

16. Kerry Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 9:22 am

I will miss Howie, he made the show fun to watch – if only he could have stepped it up in the competitions and helped his girl out! I don’t think what Howie did was that bad, after the way Booger practically put a gun to CG’s head and threatened him in front of everyone I can understand Howie’s anger. I am not mad at CG because he is playing for his family, and after the way he was spoken too I think he felt backed into a corner. I only hope now that Janie can somehow pull off a miracle and make it to the end – if anyone can do it she can :)

17. GEE Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 10:01 am

Sorry Howie Fans,
    He had to go, all he did was hide behind Janie, she liked it that way because it boosted her confidence.
    Howie didn’t leave the house with class, but that shouldn’t surprise anyone since his emotional maturity was that of a 7th grader. Every time you turned around he was in the jack shack. He needs to grow up before he can truly be anyones beefcake.

18. Anonymous Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 10:05 am

If James goes home this week. I think Jani can make it to the final 4 with my CT along with Dani if she can learn to play nice with Janie. Go ! Dr. Will , Luv, Luv. Luv Ya !!

19. GOOD RIDDANCE HOWIE Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 1:49 pm

I HOPE WILL GOES OUT THE DOOR SOON. WHAT AN EGOTISTICAL SON OF A BEACH! I CAN’T STAND HIM OR MIKE!

20. Mary Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 5:34 pm

The fun is over. Once Jannelle is out, the silence from all the T.V.’s turning off will be deafening. Thanks for the great T.V. Howie.

21. Dan D Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 6:52 pm

howie is dumb no1 wants a idiot on the show and big brother six is goin soon any ways bcuz janelle is next bye bye bb6 ur terrible

22. Dan D Says:
    August 21st, 2006 at 6:54 pm

Will and Boggie best players in BB history Dr will never leave cuz he iis so good so all u haters its not going to happen boggie is smart and chiken george is a man now he grew some newtons and did what every 1 wanted now only if he stabbed janelle in the bakc that would be great

23. Kim Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 12:00 am

Its just a game…but I can so appreciate Howie giving Boogie the ‘truthful’ gears. Boogie is funny…but he’s as tacky as they come.
    Go Janie!

24. Donnie Ray Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 7:34 am

Goodbye Howie and good riddance! The only thing he has ever done is to hide behind Janelle’s skirt. Alas, he will probably never mature.

25. Libby Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 9:56 am

Me miss Big Boy already :-(

26. JJ Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 9:04 pm

Howie is great, I was glad he told off little boogie. I didn’t see it as lacking class. I saw it as a pure and sincere reaction, which Boogie has probably never had in his whole life!

27. Really Dellane Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 11:53 pm

Howie may have been the show to some folks, but he was off putting to me and a lot of others (the HouseCalls lady, for ex.) ..and while I don’t actually get the feeds, I do read the transcripts on two different forums. However, assuming it’s a mod who renamed himself Dellane and renamed my username on my last post “Loyal Big Brother 6 fan”, very good catch on my use of phony email addies/names. I don’t know how this will come across in print, but I’m sincere in saying that. I wanted to participate in the discussion – and I’ve been respectful in my posts – but I don’t want to post my actual email publicly, not because I’m hiding behind the internet but because I’ve a very good reason in doing so. If there was a way to register my actual email but not have it displayed, I’d have gone that route instead. If that’s against board rules, though, please go ahead and delete all my posts. That would be an action I completely understand…unlike say a 30-year old (?) guy’s rant on TV over a game that he knows is won by manipulation. As I said before, I didn’t go in with any Howie bias; I didn’t have a clue as to who he was before turning on the show this year. I just don’t see that he contributed anything meaningful to the game.

28. Dellane Says:
    August 22nd, 2006 at 11:59 pm

I’ve just learned that when you’ve just come back from work and are really tired, you really shouldn’t post anything on an internet forum. My whole spiel in the last bit was based on me completely misreading who posted what. No mod caught anything; I was just stupidly reading the person listed on top as the one who the message was posted by instead of the name below. My apoligies to Loyal Big Brother 6 fan and snozzers. I don’t agree with your BB All-Stars opinions, but you clearly have a much better grasp of how to use this forum! Going off to lurk now…

29. Leslie Says:
    August 25th, 2006 at 12:46 pm

I just want to know if anyone out there can tell me the deal with Howie. I always thought he was great (handsome, physically fit, funny) – until he kept on and on with the whole gay thing. Watching him caress Will and others made me wonder if he really is in the closet. I’ve been on his website and see no mention of a girlfriend.
    Is he bi – fullblown gay or what??
    Confused!