Rock Star Supernova Results – Storm Large Eliminated

September 06, 2006 08:21 PM by Joe Blackmon

Storm_large_eliminatedFor the results show, Supernova selects Magni to perform the original song “It’s All Love” with them.  Brooke Burke informs the rock singers that whoever gets the encore for tonight will win a Honda Element SC.  Gilby Clarke tells viewers that Dave Navarro and his new band The Panic Channel will be joining the Rock Star Supernova tour.  Jason Newsted selects Toby Rand to perform an encore of his original song “Throw It Away.”  Toby Rand dedicates his performance to The Crocodile Hunter

Brooke Burke announces that they had record breaking numbers last night and only a handful of votes determined who wound up in the bottom three.  At some point during the voting, all five rock singers fell into the bottom three.  The rock singers who ultimately wound up in the bottom three are Storm Large, Dilana, and Lukas Rossi.

Storm Large performs “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd.  Dilana performs “I Want You To Want Me” by Cheap Trick.  Lukas Rossi performs his original song “Headspin.”  Gilby Clarke tells Storm Large, “I like that you changed up your performances last night from the Bowie tune to your original tune.  We had asked you to bring something different and you did.  I thought it was great, but you know this multiple trip to the bottom three, I know with the numbers, it certainly ain’t a good thing.”  Gilby Clarke tells Dilana, “You’ve been the one to watch in this competition, but once again with that aside, you know being in the bottom three that’s a rough one.”  Gilby Clarke tells Lukas Rossi “Your first time in the bottom three, but tonight is your night.  You can go sit back down with your buddies.”

Tommy Lee says he can’t do the elimination and hands it over to Jason Newsted.  Jason says “This week Storm you’re going to go home and sleep in your own bed.  That’s it baby.  I love you, and you’re awesome.”  Storm Large tells the audience “You will see me again.”

Storm Large is the second controversial elimination for Supernova in a row.  Just like with Ryan Star last week, Storm Large did not give the worst performance on the results show.  In fact, Storm’s performance was so moving that it brought Jason Newsted to tears during her performance.  Supernova evidently once again ignored the result’s show performances and made their decision based on who they felt had done the best in overall performances to date in the competition.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Rock Star: Supernova news.  For other great Rock Star: Supernova news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Rock Star: Supernova.

Topics: Rock Star |

36 Responses to “Rock Star Supernova Results – Storm Large Eliminated”

1. CF from Maryland Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 8:59 pm

Does Supernova even know WHAT they want, let alone who they want?? They all complimented Ryan the night they sent him home. Last night, they stressed how important it was for their new lead singer to be able to bring something extra to the band when it comes to songwriting ability. They praised Storm’s original song, and Gilby especially noted Dilana’s weakness as a songwriter compared to everyone else — Dilana even commented in the Webisode that she took the gig because she thought the competition only involved singing. Then, tonight, Storm gets the boot and Dilana stays ??? !!!. I’ve been voting for Toby from the very beginning, but I still think that Ryan and Storm should have out-lasted Dilana. I just can’t believe that Supernova is even entertaining the possibility of choosing Dilana. That would be like having a rock/punk version of Wednesday Addams fronting the band! (But then again, Lukas is still there, and he’s sort of a rock/punk version of Eddie Munster !!) Maybe there is a theme or plan in their minds ! Go Toby — you’re the only reason I’d buy Supernova’s CD !

2. joey Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 9:46 pm

Well, i don’t think the bottom 3 performance alone is supposed to determine who goes home. It’s a chance to represent yourself to the band with a song you have chosen, instead of one that was basically chosen for you, but it’s never been about the B3 performance alone. i also wish dilana had gone home instead, storm is my favorite.

3. Rick Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:05 pm

Anyone else notice when Gilby looked at Lukas Pukass and said “First time in the bottom 3″ Someone must be losing their mind because this was in fact Lukas’s SECOND time in the Bottom 3. It was also Dilana, and Storm’s second time as well. I am kinda glad Storm was let go, that means she can have creative control on the kind of album she wants to make, and doesn’t have to be strapped strapped down by Supernova’s vision.

4. Julia Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:24 pm

well, i like storm a lot… i used to like dilana but well, i don\’t now… her voice is kind of froggy that i don\\\’t understand… storm was good last night and tonight… and dilana? lacks imagination… but well, what happened? now, my bet is with toby or magni… i would have liked storm and ryan to be in the top 4…

5. Melissa Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:36 pm

I also can’t believe that Lukas is still there, please do they really want that image fronting their band. He certainly can’t sing at all, I know rockers are supposed to sound hard core and scream out their song but come on his voice just sounds like he has a really bad sore throat. Anyone can scream out words in a raspy voice. He should have been gone a long time ago, I truely do not see what Supernova sees in him. And please, last week when he sang that Killers song, they gave him so much praise. I really hated what he done with that song, sounded terrible to me just like his version of the Bon Jovi song this week. If they would just get rid of him already I’d be happy. Storm was so much better than him. Maybe she is not what they are looking for but she should have outlasted him, at least she could sing.

6. Joe Blow Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:43 pm

BITE ME!!!

7. Marsha Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 10:59 pm

I can’t believe Storm was eliminated. I don’t think I will be able to watch the show anymore.

8. GEORGE Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 11:03 pm

I AM HOPING THE EITHER TOBY OR MAGNI TAKE THIS OUT AS THEY HAVE BY FAR BEEN THE BEST ALLROUNDERS ON THIS SHOW.

9. Matt Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 11:30 pm

I think Storm was next in line to go although she is good. I know that now it is between Toby and Lukas and tonights show where Toby got the encore was all staged for Lukas to take the prize next week, i believe that is the best choice because Lukas has by a long shot the best vocal range and he kicks ass.

10. nic Says:
    September 6th, 2006 at 11:45 pm

i thought ryan was the best of the rockers and the one that suited supernova the most.

lukas will definitely bring something different to the band – punk and goth. is that what they want? strange choice if u ask me.

magni is hilarious.

toby is…well..i dont know..

dilana…im getting sick of her voice…very 1 dimensional…joan jett-like…

final 4 shoudve been ryan, magni, toby, zayra

hahaahah

11. Rock Star Supernova News Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 12:02 am

Rock Star Supernova Recap 9-6-06 Storm Large Voted off

Ah, Wednesday night blogs are always so hard. The closer we get to Rock Star: Supernova choosing their new lead singer, the tougher the competition gets. And as we get to know more about the Rocker contestants, we feel closer to them, and were sad to s…

12. Rock Star Supernova News Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 12:06 am

Rock Star Supernova Recap 9-6-06 Storm Large Voted off

13. Anonymous Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 12:39 am

Posted by: joey | September 06, 2006 at 10:46 PM

Sorry to break the news to you Joey…but you are wrong. This WAS Lukas’ FIRST time in bottom 3…
    it was Dilana’s SECOND time in b3…and Storm has been in b3 atleast 3 times. Whatever the case is…the only one i like at of the 3 mentioned above is Storm. Dang it…SN has horrible taste!

14. sandra Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 12:59 am

i don’t like dilana. really!
    I don’t like her voice, her style and she looks dirty.
    I am here for MAGNI.
    Go baby!!!!!

15. JJ Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 1:14 am

Yes Lucas has a raspy voice and is sometimes incoherent lyrics wise but as Jason keeps pointing out he has the ability to open his vocal cords. The few times he has (Creep, Champagne Supernova) it sounded phenominal. His original song sounded great too.

The dual vocals and the punk/goth look may help SN in the long run over monotone Dilana, Toby and Magni who’d make the band sound too generic and be career kryptonite.

Prediction: Dilana leaves next (she gave too much too early, now she’s out of steam and decorum)followed by Magni (Iceland’s #2 best export after B’jork). Toby may win alas because of his feel-good vibe but Lukas is the true rock star.

16. Travman Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 2:07 am

Personally I think Supernova is scared that someone like Storm Large would have stolen their show. So i’m a Storm fan ,EVS. However these guys would never really give up the spotlight for a “reality show winner”. They clearly have the respect for good talent, but would never actually give a chance to a solid performer. I mean, come on, if they did that there would never be a season 3. The funny thing is we all buy into these reality shows as being real. Reality is not a consideration for anyone on this or any other reality show. Come on people, THEY HAVE WRITERS!! They will vote off obvious talent because of the bottom line. Yep money honey. Supernova is bought and paid for. They are selling you on them. On their “musical genius”. More like some recording company’s marketing genius. It is irritating to me that they ignore the viewers vote and choose themselves. Why waste our time with voting in the first place. Tommy did not like his script but lucky for him good old Jason read it for him. It makes you wonder what will happen next week? Who cares. I’m with the stellar contestants that work hard and put up with this crap. Tommy, Jason and Gilby, sorry guys I just changed the channel. Rock on Magni, Toby, Storm, Zyra, Ryan. I will look for your albums in the future. Oh and Dave, get a better gig man, your way above this.

17. Newsted's Kramer-esque hair Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 5:44 am

I have heard people mention that Lukas brings a punk/goth image to the band like that is a selling point. I ask what/who is the main demographic for this band? It seems they have four distinct demo’s represented in the final 4 and now we just wait to see what Supernova wants.

My problem is I don’t think the band was put together for the right reasons. I really believe these three think they are more relevant than they are. Do you think a kid who is into emo, goth, punk, metal etc, is going to get hyped up for these three + 1? No way. Just who is going to the Motley Crue/Aerosmith concerts Tommy Lee HAD to mention? I would bet my bottom dollar it is people who listened to them in the eighties and is trying to recapture that moment in time, not kids in high school. My own opinion is they are doing this for the quick payout and will take the lead singer that will maximize the shortrun.

18. Xander Davis Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 8:29 am

In the beginning to the middle of the season, I thought it was all Dilana. With her big mouth, puts her in the absolute bottom. Storm should be in the final 4. Anyway, it’s the Toby show now. Pending a total breakdown or an extreme unwinding boring performance for next week, he’ll win this thing. He will win if he puts on the same show as this week, with the same intensity. Lukas, oddly enough, is well liked by the band. That puts him in contention for the crown. He will have to blast it next week to be the chosen one. Magni is probably the most well rounded musician, but unless he puts on a spectacular performance next week, he won’t make it. Dilana may be irrepairable. She may have won some fans back with her sympathy calf tear, but I think it is a little to late for her to win this thing.
    Prediction:Toby
    He has the songwriting skills and the performance skills. Women love him, but he has just enough testosterone to even appeal to men. He kind of like a Billy Idol. His style is a lot like his and bringing a punk element to mix with the hair metal, heavy metal, and hard rock influences of Tommy, Jason, and the Gilbmeister will be refreshing and they may be able to put together a rock radio hit. The song Gilby and Toby were working on in the Webisode could be a hit. The other songs, even the one last night, I couldn’t hear it being played on the radio.
    -Xander

19. Anonymous Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 11:59 am

Super Nova does not want to appear sexsist so no matter how crappy Dilana performs,she will still make it to the final 2.
    Storm is nice to look at,but I think her talent is a little over-rated

20. JC Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 5:19 pm

STORM is terrible!!! You people out there must listen to Beyonce or Brittany Spears, this is a ROCK BAND! Storm is not a pro but a garage band wanna B. She has absolutely no stage presence at all. Dilano or Lucas will win but they are all wanna Bs on this show. Dilano will make an album with Supercrappa then she and Supercrappa will B just another trivia question! There are so many talented pro’s out there that blow all these losers away! I sure don’t know what the screening process is???????????

21. Anonymous Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 5:38 pm

“I CAN’T BELIEVE STORM IS GONE IS SUPERNOVA SERIOUS IN THINKING THAT LUCAS SHOULD AVE GOTTEN THE EARLY REPRIEVE IF ANY THING THE FINAL TWO SHOULD OF BEEN DILANA AND LUCAS. MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT SUPERNOVA ARE DELIBERATELY SAVING LUCAS CAUSE HE IS THE ONE THEY WANT. I THINK HE IS A TOOL WHO HAS OCCASIONAL MOMENT WHEN HE ACTUALLY CAN PRODUCE A DECENT NOTE BUT IF HE THINKS OR EVEN SUPERNOVA THINK HE WILL LAST ON TOUR WHILE STRAINING HIS VOICE LIKE THAT THEY ARE DREAMING.
    SUPERNOVA YOU SHOULD REALLY LISTEN TO THE FANS REMEMBER WE ARE THE ONE THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL.’

People who use all caps are still not right in the head…

22. Anonymous Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 5:55 pm

Sorry JC but I can believe Storm is gone,she is average at best. It will either be Dilana or Lucas

23. JC Says:
    September 7th, 2006 at 6:18 pm

The only reason Storm lasted so long, was because she was Jason Newsteads groupie, she really does blow literaly!

24. Fabi Says:
    September 8th, 2006 at 8:15 am

Nic, it was only Storm’s 2nd time in the b3, not 3rd. Her 1st trip to the b3 was last week.

Now, I don’t get it…. She was outstanding this week and they seemed to be wanting Dilana gone and she stays over Storm?
    Yeah, I still don’t get it

25. Shellie Says:
    September 8th, 2006 at 6:25 pm

I agree, it’s like they are not really with it anymore. Preoccupied or lost interest – ever since the Las Vegas weekend. It must have gone to their heads!

I love to see Dilana perform but she’s really excellent by herself, she probably doesn’t need Supernova to make it. With the right manager I think she’ll really do great things. Toby is also a very good performer and I think could go far on his own with a good band to back him up.
    So I wonder if maybe Magni isn’t the best one for the position as front man? He’s really quite good. Seems most likeable, too.
    Lucas? HORRIBLE! Not only can’t sing a note (has to force screech it all) but is soooo smarmy and disgusting! As I said before: fingernails on a chalkboard.
    YIKES!
    Does Navaro even own a shirt??? Seems like he’s probably a very nice person, though.

26. PINA Says:
    September 8th, 2006 at 11:25 pm

STORM is GOR/geous and very
    original and talented.
    Hooray for her making it to
    mainstream TV show.
    I do not think thAT the judges
    I acted in plays with Storm in
    San Francisco. She is multi- talented: she can act, sing, model..probably more versitile in that respect than any other super nova player. It means ABSOLUTELY nothing to get kicked off a TV show. Not a damn thing. Storm did great and will do as she pleases.. she is her own entity. I think the judges were quite hard on her at times and she took their bullshit.
    I would of told them…..
    too much integrity!!!
    CIAO !!!

27. JC Says:
    September 9th, 2006 at 9:16 am

WHO are you people? You have no sense about Rock-N-Roll and performing??? Storm was a poor garage band wanna B. She emulated what she saw other performers do, but had no natural stage presence persona AT ALL! At least Dilano and Lucas know how to move on stage, they aern’t great but Supernova isn’t either!

28. CF Says:
    September 9th, 2006 at 12:18 pm

Lukas “knows how to move on stage” ????? !!!! Come on ! Compared to what Toby can do while he’s performing, Lukas looks more like he’s having a seizure ! His garbled words even reinforce the seizure comparison ! Rock/goth “Eddie Munster” needs to go home !

29. Anonymous Says:
    September 9th, 2006 at 3:29 pm

Storm is boring.

30. mymo Says:
    September 10th, 2006 at 3:27 am

Storm was once a dude…and her stage show reinforced that statement.

31. JC Says:
    September 10th, 2006 at 10:50 am

Dilano or Lucas will front Supernova. They will make one CD then disappear, only to be a trivia quetion just like TLs other musical dead end seperations from his bread & butter Motley Crue!!!

32. tge Says:
    September 12th, 2006 at 2:20 pm

Storm was once a dude…and her stage show reinforced that statement.

wat does this mean?

33. JC Says:
    September 12th, 2006 at 4:02 pm

TGE it means she moves on stage like a dude-poser-singer, she jumps and stomps and her moves are as rigid as a statue.

34. Mustafa Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 4:14 am

STORM IS SO MUCH BETTER OFF ALONE. SUPERNOVA PROVED TO BE A PIECE OF S**T, SINCE THE SO CALLED LEGENDS ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO PICK A FRONT MAN WHICH MOST PEOPLE CAN’T UNDERSTAND WHILE SINGING ANYWAY. EVEN BRITNEY SPEARS WOULD BE BETTER THEN LUKAS FOR THE STUPID BAND. STORM LARGE HAS AN INCREDIBLE TALENT, AND PEOPLE SHOULD SEE HER PERFORMANCES ON YOUTUBE.COM WITH HER OLD BAND STORM INC. AND YOU’LL BE SURPRISED. I AM SELLING THE TICKETS I PURCHASED FOR THE SUPERNOVA TOUR, AND WILL HAVE MORE FUN ON THE NIGHT OF THEIR CONCERT BY SITTING ON MY TOILET :)

35. pukass lukass Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 9:59 pm

Lukas was a horrible choice TL said “as soon as I SAW him, i knew he would be good for band”. they based it all on looks, thinking the teenie’s will buy them. one CD wonder, if even that. ugh. i am disgusted by their choice. i knew it was fake when he continually “was not in the bottom 3″ puuuuleeez! he & zyra should form a duo, all the dogs in the world would be barking, ugh lukass was the worst possible choice out of the final 5!

36. repair bad credit Says:
    September 26th, 2007 at 2:17 pm

http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-second-mortgage.php – bad credit second mortgage
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-college-student-loan.php – bad credit college student loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-mortgage-lenders.php – bad credit mortgage lenders
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-auto-financing.php – bad credit auto financing
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-student-private-loan.php – bad credit student private loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-buy-car.php – bad credit buy car
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-fast-cash-loan.php – bad credit fast cash loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-report-repair.php – bad credit report repair
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-instant-loan.php – bad credit instant loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-cash-loan.php – bad credit cash loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-auto-refinance.php – bad credit auto refinance
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-equity-loan.php – bad credit equity loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-mortgage-financing.php – bad credit mortgage financing
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-signature-loan.php – bad credit signature loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-car-financing.php – bad credit car financing
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-auto-financing-loan.php – bad credit auto financing loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-home-improvement-loan.php – bad credit home improvement loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-home-refinancing.php – bad credit home refinancing
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-mortgage-company.php – bad credit mortgage company
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-consolidation-loan.php – bad credit consolidation loan
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-business-credit-cards.php – bad credit business credit cards
    http://www.2badcredit.info/bad-credit-card-debt.php – bad credit card debt