Rock Star Supernova Winner Is Lukas Rossi

September 13, 2006 08:10 PM by Joe Blackmon

Lukas_rossi_winsTo kick off the Rock Star Supernova finale, Brooke Burke announces that at some point during the voting Lukas Rossi, Toby Rand, and Magni all fell into the bottom two.  The rock singers who ultimately wound up in the bottom two are Magni and Toby Rand.  Magni performs “Fire” by Jimi Hendrix.  Toby Rand performs “White Wedding” by Billy Idol.

Gilby Clarke tells Magni, “Man, It’s been a great ride, but one of our questions has always been you’re such a talented musician and you play so well with the band and even with a song like fire, I don’t know if you’re even really fronting the band as much as you’re part of the band.  So with all that being considered, Magni you’re the next to go.”  Magni says “Thank you to everybody who ever voted for me.”

Brooke Burke calls the final three to the stage and gives them each a chance to plead their case to Supernova.  Lukas Rossi says “All the success that these guys have had.  They could be mean guys if they wanted, you know.  They’ve done a lot in their lives.  They could be egocentric but getting to know them they’re amazing guys, and it would be my honor to lead them on a world tour.”  Dilana says “I think this band needs someone that is 1000% dedicated to representing great guys, great music.  I want to rock the world with you guys.  And Lukas is amazing, Toby is incredible, but I’m the one.”  Toby Rand says “The energy I’ve brought to this stage wouldn’t even come near the energy that I can put on a stage when I’ve had a few beers before a show, and also I’m tallest.”

Lukas Rossi performs “Bittersweet Symphony” by The Verve.  Dilana performs “Zombie” by The Cranberries.  Toby Rand performs “Somebody Told Me” by The Killers.  Jason Newsted tells Toby Rand, “Your vocal ability has never been in question.  You have this range more than any other person that has competed here that cuts through no matter how loud the guitar gets, your voice still cuts through.  That’s awesome.  Earch performance, another notch, another notch, another notch, you know what I mean, everybody’s been able to see it, been visible, just like that, absolutely, no question about it.  You are going to be the next one to go home from this competition.”  Toby Rand says “Thank you so much, I’ve had the best time ever.”

The final two are Lukas Rossi and Dilana.  Dave Navarro says “It kind of looks like you’re about to perform at a Goth wedding.”  Brooke Burke reveals that Lukas Rossi and Dilana were also the two with the highest number of viewer votes.  Tommy Lee says “Lukas, your look, your energy, your vocals, the way you move, everything has been really, really amazing for us.”  Tommy Lee says “Dilana, yeah, you are enchanting, your voice is unbelievable.  I mean who doesn’t love you, who doesn’t love both of you guys.”

Tommy Lee says “As any good band would do, they would listen to their fans, and this person I’m talking about had the highest number of votes last night, and so obviously we agree with our public.  Lukas, you’re our boy, welcome.”  Dave Navarro invites Dilana to also come on the tour, and Gilby Clarke offers to help Dilana write and produce a record.  To close out the show, Lukas Rossi performs “Be Yourself” with Supernova.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Rock Star: Supernova news.  For other great Rock Star: Supernova news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Rock Star: Supernova.

Topics: Rock Star |

162 Responses to “Rock Star Supernova Winner Is Lukas Rossi”

1. Carla from Maryland Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 8:19 pm

So, Supernova chose a super freak who sings like his jaw is locked and moves around stage like he’s staggering and tripping over his own feet. Well, considering their choice of lead singer, this band also picked the PERFECT name. A supernova is “a stellar explosion that produces an extremely bright object made of plasma that declines to invisibility over weeks or months.” The band name will end up being prophetic; i.e. the band will make one CD, do one tour, and then will actually seem to achieve invisibility in a matter of months!

2. julie Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 8:53 pm

What a mistake!! Toby Rand had the voice, the energy, the showmanship, and all the girls votes. He would have been all that Supernova needed to make a new super band instead of the crazy efeminate Goth Lukas!! EVS -Toby I’ll buy your album but not the Supernova album. Maybe if the voting time took into account the time difference in Australia you would have been in!! Their loss is Australia’s gain!!

3. Denise Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 8:54 pm

I knew Lucas was the one from the first show! Great pick Supernova!

4. Jenna Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 8:55 pm

But he didn’t get the highest vote last night. Dilana did. She was the only rock star not in the bottom three, ERGO…someone’s math is messed up ;-). Or they are lying :-). Ah well.

5. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 8:57 pm

Just because at some point last night Dilana was not in the bottom two, did not mean that she had the most votes! LUKAS RULES!

6. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 8:57 pm

That was the worst choice they could have made!

7. Sandra Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 8:59 pm

Lukas Rossi is the best, we Canadians rock, first JD Fortune with INXS and now Lukas with Supernova, he will do great, he is a true performer and a true star.

8. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:04 pm

Lukas ? Are you kidding me?
    “Mush Mouth” from Fast Albert is easier to listen to.
    Toby had the pure rock energy, but maybe too much playboy.
    Magni was as solid vocally as anyone could hope for and the 2nd guitar would fatten up the sound.
    Dilana – pure talent, freaky and perhaps unstable, but talented.
    My picks were 1-4 Toby, Magni, Dilana, then Lucas first to go. But, I’m no Tommy Lee. BTW- a judge ordered them to change the name Supernova- while the show was taping tonight!

9. Dan Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:06 pm

They actually think this guy can front a rock band? What a wast of time. I can wait for Dilana’s cd to come out. If I went to one of the concerts I would go to watch her and Dave then leave the place.

10. french mccain Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:08 pm

well the band is all about looks and not musical talent or originality. id say “pukas” was perfect to front the band to look pretty. toby obviously would have made them sound better and probably made them look old and washed up like they are so i say perfect choice.

11. Dan Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:08 pm

Dave Navarro jumped on the chance to ask her to come on the tour because he new that most people would not come in the States just to see Stupidnova.

12. Jonny Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:09 pm

Dilana should have won,Lukas sings horrible but has good stage presence.Toby would have been a better shoice if they wanted a male singer.

13. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:10 pm

Absolutely the right choice for this particular band and the type of music they want to make!

14. Ray Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:10 pm

Supernova realized Dilana was too big and too good for them and would show them up, so they picked Lucas. Dilana will be bigger than Supernova. I am glad she didn’t win, I only want to see Dilana!

15. me Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:10 pm

The world has spoken..the right person is fronting this band. :)

16. Bleh Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:10 pm

Let’s ask the next logical question — who will remember this band in late December/early January to purchase tickets? I know I won’t remember them. Very few bands are memorable in this corporate driven environment. These guys are doomed from the beginning with the added pressure of a “reality show winner” fronting the band!

17. AD Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:11 pm

Looks like Janet Charlton was correct!! (Does Dave have any comments on her prediction now?)

It is Lucas … yuck…. couldn’t those guys have chosen better… ????

I must say that Supernova very conveniently said that they chose Lucas because he got the highest number of votes… what crap… you’re telling me that all along the’ve been going with the number of votes!!!

Dilana was the best choice… she would have brought something different to the band… Lucas — he makes my “head spin” —

Dilana — I will track your career and rest assured I will purchase your records as and when you release them… you’re gonna burn the charts!!

Well… it was a good season… the rockers, the house band (the lead guitarist is awesome)… they entertained…

Supernova… well they got their moments of publicity… but unfortunately I beleive it ends here (if you’ve heard the few tracks that Supernova put out during the show… you’ll get the drift!!!) … They seem to have a hectic schedule next year and when I look at the list of places where they are playing it seems like they are going on some sales campaign… they say they are sold out… let’s see how many tickets will be up for sale now that they have chosen Lucas!!!

A sad ending to a fantastic story!

18. Carmen Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:13 pm

Dilana, dilema more like it….I couldn’t stand another moment of her screeching voice!!! She is a superbaby and she wanted to throw another temper tantrum when Lukas was announced the winner!!!

Too bad suckers, Lukas is the Winner!!!!

G~O Lukas!!

19. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:13 pm

Dilana – would have been a nightmare working with these guys! She has her place and she is talented but not fronting SuperNova!

Toby – is great! Great orignal and lots of energy. Too Pop-Rock for SuperNova. He will have a great solo career

Magni – didn’t feel the commitment or the want to be in the band.

Lucas – just freaky enough to work! Great musical talent and performer. He blends in well as one of four people. With the egos of the other 3 you can’t have someone that will outshine them.

20. TJ Allen Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:14 pm

I agree with Carla from Maryland, I will give them 6 months. Maybe Dilana could have helped them. I won’t buy their music, but I will buy that CD Dilana puts out. Go girl, you will do great!

21. Ron Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:17 pm

Lucas is a rock star!!!!

The others are wanna be

22. Jimmy Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:17 pm

Good call about Navarro grabbing Dilana for the tour!
    That was the only good thing about tonight. I feel like my time has been wasted. Lukas? I wanted him to go home 4 weeks ago, way before Ryan Starr.

23. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:18 pm

I can’t wait to see Lucas writing with these guys…he has good instincts

24. Traci Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:21 pm

I would have never put Lukas with this group of guys but they are looking for new and fresh and they got it. I think Lukas can sing anything they throw at him. I really wanted Toby to win but I do think Lukas will be great.

25. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:22 pm

Toby is awesome…not necessarily right for SuperNova but the exposure will make him one of the most …if not THE most….successful rockers who didn’t win.

26. Michael Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:23 pm

All you people who are slamming Lukas obviously do not know music or art in general. If you don’t like him that’s one thing but hate is ugly. There’s no room for hate in this and all you people who hate; Sucks to be you. He is the most original performer that I have seen in a long time. All of them were good in their own way but Lukas has a very original sound.

27. Dan Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:27 pm

I know the sounds of grunting and flailing of arms and overacting when you dont have any talent when I see it. All you have to do is close your eyes and listen to this guy sing. Ive heard better singing from guys that have had too much to drink at bars and acted about the same as he does on stage.

28. Cidonie and Christine Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:27 pm

SUPERCOGERS WITH A DRUNK OUT THE FRONT TOO BAD YOU COULDN’T SEE TALENT OF TOBY WHEN IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. WE WOULDN’T BUY SUPERCOGERS CD, OR TICKETS TO THE SHOW BECAUSE THEY WILL BE RETIRED BY THEM AND LUKUS IN A REHAB. LOOKING FORWARD TO TOBY’S CD “THROWING IT ALL AWAY” BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY DID.

29. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:32 pm

Im sure the term hate here is not the same as how you hate someone that sleeps with your wife or like if someone just broke into your house and trashed it and threw paint and dog poop all over your walls. I think its hate like I hate the taste of this soda or I hate your tie. ………or I hate Lucas.

30. Dan Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:33 pm

31. Steve-n-d-Philippines Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:37 pm

YEAH!!!! Lukas was always the one and to say otherwise is just BS. Facts: Supernova has mostly heavy metal roots (at least Jason is pure) They needed a front person with the same fortitued and presence. Toby, great chick magnet -but I think these guys are beyond that now. Dilana, Wild voice -but lacks real personality that is her own. She is AWESOME when she is Dilana but when she was playing the ROCKSTAR she really seemed uneasy. Lukas, PURE ROCKER face it he had the life the great vocals and his lyrics are real and not poppy. He was always the guy and yes I called it from the beginning! Lukas You Are They One!!!!

Just a shame your from Canada -just kidding -well sort of… Great choice and I’ll be waiting for the album and tour.. Nice to see my era of MotleyMetalicRoses meet Rossi!!!!

32. Traci Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:38 pm

33. Gina Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:40 pm

Got to be joking, no way, I do not beleive it.There were plenty of other contestants with much more musical and showmanship qualities.Supernova has just shot themselves in the foot.

34. Jus Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:42 pm

It was obvious all along that StupidNova were going to choose Lukas. I do like Lucas – but on actual talent Toby was the best by far. Aussies are the first to bag their own,but not this bloke. He rocked and Supernonva strung all of us along to think that he was becoming the favourite. Tommy wanted Lukas from the start – so voting was always going to be a waste of time.
    I think Dilana and Iceman had fantastic voices and will do great things anyway. Especially Toby!!!!
    This was a far better show than the INXS one – but very disappointing to see te final result.

35. Damian Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:42 pm

Ryan was the best songwriter in the competion — his CD and tour will do well; Toby’s original as well as Dilanna’s were great tunes and I’m sure their careers will take off. Storm had too much class for the band and her voice was too good to waste on ‘nova’s pathetic tunes. Toby and Magni performed great together and should consider working together on a CD. The Supernova songs were second rate at best and totally forgettable; how Gilby was critical of Dilanna’s lyrics is a bit sad because her song blew away all three ‘nova songs that were aired. Ryan, Dilanna, Toby … see you on the charts, can’t wait for the CD’s.

36. rockerchic Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:50 pm

I don’t think Dilana’s Ctl-Alt-Delete song would of impressed anybody! Go LUKAS I am sooooooooooo proud of you! Can’t wait to see you on tour. WOOT!

37. Daryl Pinnington Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:52 pm

Dilana should have won as she has been in the top all through out the show, how wants to see Lukas

38. Chantel Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:53 pm

So awesome to see another Canadian win this show! Go Canada!!!
    Way to go Lucas…You Rock!!! I have been voting for you since the beginning!

39. Sandy Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:56 pm

I agree that Dilana should have gotten lead singer. Yep, someone’s math was messed up. I will also be in the crowd seeing Dilana in person and buying all her music. I also agree she will be much bigger than Supernova. I think they did not pick her because she was female. Gee, what a novel idea! Lukas is so cocky so maybe they all deserve to be performing together. I sure won’t be buying any of their music. You go Dilana!

40. Pamala Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:58 pm

Just wanted to say I was really hoping Toby or Dilana would have won….even Magni but Lukas???? Why? Guess they thought he was the person that wasn’t as developed as a musician; somebody they could mold into what they wanted and not to overshadow the other 3….Oh, well. I was going to buy tickets, but I’ll wait to see the others on their own. I enjoyed the show all season, but this was the biggest letdown of them all. Why do you think Dave wants to help Dilana with her CD?? Cuz she’s great and is amazing…he knows great talent. The other three obviously don’t or they are getting to old and deaf and can’t hear how terrible that voice is! Oh well! They’ll make one CD or two and then be done.

41. Kathi Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:58 pm

I wanted Toby to win. I liked Magni, but it didn’t seem like his heart was in it. Dilana? Um… she was interesting but no, I didn’t see her fronting the band. Lukas….was just too odd for my tastes. But whatever.

42. syd Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 9:59 pm

Doesn’t matter. We’ll never hear anything about this band again.

43. Kevin Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:00 pm

I would have went to a concert if they had picked anyone but Lucas. I really cant stand to hear him sing. Dilana should of won. Not one of my friends liked Lucas. We are all old like the members of the band 40 something. What a bummer.

44. steve-n-d-Philippines Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:01 pm

Grrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Lukas Smokin Vocals! Stop cryin about TLee and he liked Rossi -hell yeah he liked him he knows talent!!!!!

45. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:10 pm

I have tickets and now wish I never bought them. I really figured Toby would get it….what a waste

46. Oliva Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:11 pm

I really thought Toby would have been the one. I was totally blown away when they let him go. I even did a t-shirt in Toby’s honor with his famous “EVS” on it and added it to my shop. ( http://www.cafepress.com/funkyolive?pid4759446 )

Lucas, or Puke-as, as he’s known as in my circle of friends reminds me of that annoying comedian Bobcat Goldthwait when he sings. He screams and I can’t understand him!

They shoulda picked Toby! He had it all!

47. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:13 pm

So Lucas wasn’t my first choice, but OK. Its a far cry from the fry cook he used to be. Its nice to see the little guy win sometimes. Besides, what the giys need now is someone to distract the audience from Gilby’s uncanny resemblence to Steve Perry. Gee, with all the money they make, his stylist should have said something. If he has any friends…SHAME ON THEM fro letting him appear on TV week after week looking like that.! Good LUCK LUCAS!!! Way To Go!!!

48. Robert Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:17 pm

I agree that this band will not go far. sometimes its better to come in second with a bunch of egos. Tommy will go back to Motley Crue and Jason will go back to Metalicca. Good thing Navarro is talented and willing to help out the real winner in Dilana.I live in Vegas but no way will I spend 200 bucks to see them New Years Eve.

49. xman Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:24 pm

You all need cheeze with the wine..Good on ya Lukas

50. pamdem Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:28 pm

Lucas was my pick from day one…and I’m a 57 yr old from southern indiana…not a dye-hard rock fan…just a fan of talent. no more from where it comes. he was always the standout.

51. steve-n-d-Philippines Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:29 pm

Keep cryin it wont change a thing -oh yeah except sell CD’s. I shutter to educat you anti-Nova fans but I feel compelled. First your reteric only fuels sales -ask KISS, Pink Floyd, or should I dare Led Zepplin… People want the different and difficult to understand superficialy. Your fueling the sales because people want to know why you feel so strongly against something. Example, DaVinchi Code bought by christians and catholics because they want to know why it’s bad. Stop cryin or they start buying! LUKAS ROCKS!!!!

52. Anonymous Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:34 pm

Lukas was a good choice…Dilana wouldve been a good one too

53. MT Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:46 pm

Magni is a good overall talent and did a great job especially on the LIVE covers; he should do well on his own. Toby’s original was great and the covers in the last few weeks were much better then his earlier covers but not right for this band. Dilana has a great voice for original tunes, but some of the covers were very hard to listen to. Lucas is definitely the right choice for this band, he knew it and so did supernova and supernova fans that are in touch with the previous work and sound of these guys. I look forward to the CD and tour. LUCAS ROCKS……..

54. Tania Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Haven’t seen the show yet (aussie) on 11.45 wa time. Just had a sneek look. Shouldn’t have.
    Lukas’s eyebrows annoyed the crap out of me. Bad luck Toby, you are a rock star, Rand. All the best to Magni too.

55. nice1jill Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:02 pm

I think it’s awesome that Lukas got the part! I’ve been keeping an eye on him since the start of the season. Toby’s my sis’ pick and I hope he continues his career! Dilana, I was absolutely rooting as well from the start, but I’m still reeling from the interview clinic- I hope you learn and grow from it- We’ll be seeing you rise as a solo artist~ Hasta Luego~

56. nice1jill Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:03 pm

P.S.Magni- Your Family in Iceland loves you, and the best part of this journey… you were able to scream to the world how much you love them as well. ciao~

57. Freefinger Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:24 pm

To whomever posted on “September 13, 2006 at 10:22 PM” telling us that Lukas was original.. You should go out of your house and look at an album by the band “Orgy”.. He stole his little looks off of them, then put on a shirt and wanna be star glasses (that look like Vic Beckham’s glasses for god sakes), his voice, hey, I don’t know if you’ve ever been to many shows, but I heard that unpleasant voice before… And his shaking and bent over stance.. God, they spat on “Rubber neck” this is as bad…

Lukas as an attitude problem, he does not prepare for writing clinics, he thinks he’s the one and only great one out there plus he’s got this holier than thou attitude = bad choice…

I would’ve never had put a woman to even front that band… Way too many scandals that would’ve popped out within the first year… Dilana will be fine, believe me, she’ll probably get more sales off her second album than Supernova.. wait .. .whatever the band name will be (see “judge sides with original Supernova band” in Google)…

I think anyone who predict a quick downfall for them are right on the money. Sales will drop in ticket sales… I’m Canadian, but I don’t have that flag in front of my eyes when I’m listening and watching a show like this one. Who cares were they are from? Just get the best one your vote, this attitude makes me sick “I’M Canadian I’ll vote for a Canadian!!!” – F.. stupid if you ask me…

Fortune was the best choice for INXS, he had exactly what they needed, the drive, the skills, the talent, Lukas looks like he should front an Hospital for the clinically insane, they humanitized him for the last 5 weeks, his daddy won’t talk to him, boo hoo, you’re over 18, call him if you want to make amends or write a letter to Casey Kasem a get Wind beneath my wings to play out for him, don’t use it on a show, it’s a freaking plea for votes without saying it, at least Magny had the balls to say it “VOTE FOR ME!”…

This show, I would’ve placed by bet on either Magny or Toby… They seem to have the way better talents and drive… As soon as they said G’bye to Toby I knew it was over… I knew Lukas was going to win. And all I can say is this; at least I won’t be spending money on a bad Montreal show or bad Cd this year.

I’ll just wait till’ Magny brings his boys from Iceland over for some real recording time, Toby to get his signing bonus with a label, and listen to Dilana’s album before buying it (Hey if Gilby and Navarro will help her out that could be not that great… I would’ve responded “Hey you can come on my show and audition!”… Gilby was in GnR, but was also in a pop band called Candy, – ouch… also anyone ever heard of his great solo career? no? Guess not, even he never heard those words together: “Gilby – Solo – Great career”… He was also fired by Axl.. not good on a resume..

“WHO FIRED YOU??? heu.. will call you…”

He’s probably big in some remote country!…

Navarro was in great bands, but Jane was fronted by a hell of a performer and Navarro doesn’t shine when he’s on stage with that guy, he actually disappears, then RHCPeppers sent him back when they saw that he just was not creating anything good for them; and Panic channel.. God.. good thing they are plugging the album everywhere ’cause it sounds like a band who just won a middle school contest with lots’ a money thrown in for the recording..) – You should go and see their site, they have this video on how they chose the album name, made me laugh for about 30 minutes, they seem to think they are great minds and that is such a cool title – wow…! Even the singer fought hard not to get that “One” title printed on it…

In closing, I think they went for a good choice, they’ll never amount to greatness, this will turn out to be a side project for Newsted, (Who’ll probably quit in a year or so because of the bad songwriting or not enough strength in the music – from what they showed us..) Tommy will probably go back to his Solo things, and Gilby .. well he’ll probably have a new solo album called “Shot of whiskey” since the rest of his albums have such great names…

“Hangover”, “Booze”, “Rubber”, “Pawnshop Guitars”.. Wow.. Must’ve took him a whole second to find those gems…

Free for all, FreeFinger to Supernova jr.!

58. Staycee Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:31 pm

Puke-as?? PEEE-EWEE!!! I Agree.. His eyebrows annoyed me too but the worst of it is it sounds like someone is shaking him while he sings! What is he trying to do? Channel Katharine Hepburn in On Golden Pond? He’ll never last on a tour singing night after night. Don’t waste your money going to see them.

59. DiAnna Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:37 pm

He was my start from the beginning. Gooooooo Lukie!!! We all luv ya and are so proud of you up here! Another Canuck takes it with talent and style!

I know he will kick a##! For all the haters… it’s a real shame you feel the need to carry on like that. It was a contest. He was the best person for the job. Now celebrate already!

As for the others.. Magni is awesome.. and will do well. Toby is brilliant and we will be hearing him on the radio very soon. Drama-Dilana.. needs to sort out her personal issues.. and then focus on her talent. She was her own worst enemy and ruined it for herself by not winning. I hope she lets her talents win over .. so she can have a great career..and stop being so selfish already.

Grrrraaaaawwwww … lol… LUKAS!!

60. RockON Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:40 pm

What a bunch of sore losers, I’m sure your favourite performers in this public, made and edited for tv, audition would be impressed.:/

It was ALWATS Tommy’s, Gilby’s, and Jason’s right to make the final decision on who THEY wanted to front THEIR band, get over it already and prove by your support that they made the wrong choice.

Calling the winner all kind of names because you disagree with SN’s decision just reflects poorly on yourself.

61. susan Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:47 pm

it is very sad that dilana did not get picked. she was the best singer she is great and anyone of them but Lukas would of been better and all my friends think so and no body that i know voted for him i dont get it

62. Kim Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:49 pm

Lukas winning makes no sense. Jason has had issues with his vocals since day one and they haven’t changed. Gilby doesn’t like how he turns his back on the audience, plus Lukas avoids the audience and forgets his lyrics. I can’t remember him ever going into the audience. He also has had less encore’s than the other three. Picking a winner from votes alone is dumb because you can vote as many times as you want so you are not getting a true number. I was really disappointed.
    The upside is that a didn’t buy any concert tickets.

63. mike Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:53 pm

How is Lukas a real rock star, cause he wears make up and acts like a little prima donna? How in the hell will he be able to keep his voice up during the upcomming tour,it sounds like he’s killing his vocal cords the way he fake sings…

64. Lisa Says:
    September 13th, 2006 at 11:57 pm

Lukas Rocks!!!
    The only choice – Just awesome.
    Way to go for Supernova to go with this unique talent with unparallelled stage presence.
    Yes…. Lukas.
    Now that will be a band to watch!

65. mike Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:00 am

“unique talent with unparallelled stage presence”

Are you crazy? This guy has no stage presence at all, remember he got bashed by the band for always turning his back to the crowd. I do see where you think he has alot of talent though, I mean I could never put on make up as good as he does…

66. Georgie Girl Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:07 am

Guess what people? It’s their band and they can pick who they want. Get over it.

I for one knew Lukas would win with his first performance. He was always the One.

67. Thwarte Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:30 am

Why did the Gargling Skunk Boy – Pukus make it? Mmm, Just think of the type of music these wasteoids have doing lately…nothing great thats for damn sure. I agree the “NovaSoup” tracks were boring, corny and predictable… Unfortunately Skunky Boy was the only voice that kind of held a candle to their putrid offerings. They might even be better off to scrap the songs and start them over.

Toby’s original was the only song that captivated me and was actually entertaining…but really, if you think about it, you know their tracks are going to be far from high-strung and uplifting. They are Kings of Skid-land for crying out loud. Leave the upbeat stuff for Toby, he is well on his way.

Ultimately I was supremely annoyed with pukas’ gargling skunk routine, I know he can do better, sometimes he is just about to nail a song, and suddenly he takes a swift dump into gargle-land. He will disgrace Canadian Rock Singers unless he works his rear off and learns how to really sing.

Its amusing how his mr. magoo act, complete with glazed look and wacked out moves/costume seemed to put the spell on Tommy and the numbnuts who voted for him. Tommy was laughing his ass off when Puke was in the bottom 3 and having a literal seizure while doing spin-head. Buddy is already destined to be the “jester” of this group.

Anyhow, don’t blow this oppourtunity “Rosco,” there were some very talented people who could have easily taken your place.

68. M Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:31 am

Lukas Rocks…. stop the bashing.

He has recorded, written, produced and played with his own band, the incredibly popular Cleavage, as well as co-written, sung and gigged with various Canadian bands, including Papa Roach, I Mother, Tea Party, Edwin and Big Wreck. He also took on the impressive opportunity of working with producer and Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson, as well as and Jay and John Levine from the Philosopher Kings and Prozac.

He also worked and wrote with producer Dave Tyson (Alana Miles & Amanda Marshall) in Los Angeles. After that, he recorded demos with producer Gavin Brown (Billy Talent, Three Days Grace), leading to the formation of the band Rise Electric.

He is clearly the best choice.

Lukas Rocks

69. M Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:38 am

One word “Rockstar” “Check Please”

70. Marty_B Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:43 am

I couldn’t remember where I had heard or seen Lukas before, but now I remember…
    When I was younger, I pushed our pet poodle in the electric fence, and it looked and sounded just like Lukas did throughout the whole show!!

What a waste of my time watching this show! I agree with most of the above comments: Toby did have the energy, Dilana the original and amazing voice, and Magni the intensity! Lukas – or Pukas, which I like now – looked like a kid with a bee in his pants, trying to catch his god-awful voice – which, btw, sounds like the moaning of a kicked dog! – with his flailing toothpicks he calls arms!!
    And the make-up!! GAWD! Don’t get me started on this! My grandma doesn’t even wear as much as him!

From the start, my pick was Magni. He had the look, the voice, the intensity, and the want! The only flaw in his game was always being a 10 every week! Everyone else started at 5 or 6, and then reached 10 – except for Pukas, who started at -1 and finished at 2 (and I’m being generous, here, folks)! SuperNova noticed more the struggles and the rises of the others, instead of focusing on Magni’s constant greatness! Magni, you rock big time, dude!
    I was thinking of buying SuperNova’s CD when it comes out, depending on who they chose to front them… Now I feel more like going to the store when it comes out, and smashing all of them.

I liked how dude said SuperNova chose their name right, describing what an actual supernova is.. and I think he’s right! By January ’07, no one will remember SuperNova!

Sorry guys… I actually had hope for you, but you shot those hopes when you shown me your decision-making skills!

Anyone ever play the PS2 game “Guitar Hero”? Well, in the game, they have tips for rock stars, and one of those tips stays in my head, “Anyone insisting on wearing a white belt, kick them out of the band!” Watch the final episode, and you’ll see!

I may be Canadian, but I ain’t proud to say Pukas won this damn thing!!

71. Ebonie Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:52 am

To all u people who think that lukas has the most “original” sound on Supernova, you must be deaf if you think that lukas had a good voice let alone the voice for Supernova. Hope they like it when they don’t sell ANYTHING!!!!!! And don’t try to argue with me because everyone know i’m right

72. Ebonie Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 1:07 am

Hope you so called “Supernova’s” are reading these comments than you’ll know that you SUCK!!! By overall vote we have voted you the WORST if you actually can say rockband ever!!!!

Hope you like it at the bottom of the charts because theres gonna be no one can be lower than you!!!

Lukas, man i mean if thats what you call singing than you obviously havn’t listened to any REAL singers i mean you are worser than crap!!!!

Toby was AWESOME, too bad that you didn’t see that!!! So because of your poor decision-making skills sya good-bye to the stage say hello to a retirement home!!!!

If i had the choice of buying your CD and dying, I choose to die because they’re the same listening to your CD and dieing because you die when you hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toby will go to the top!! From platnim, to titanium and i’m betting URANIUM!!!! Hope you meet Toby again so you can say hello to a real rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!

73. Archibald Elevated Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 1:08 am

Although I did’t care for Lucas’ voice, you definately could tell he was trying hard, albeit annoying. Also Magni and Dilana was trying hard as well. The thing that mystified me, is that for some reason Toby seemed way tooo laid back on the final performance of Karma Police and his original, almost disinterested, as if he knew the outcome already. Its too bad he didn’t go nuts like Magni on DP’s Hush, I think he should have shown more seriousness and desire on the last performance.

Although maybe he knew Suped-Nova wasn’t for him.

74. christine Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 1:44 am

everyone who has a prob with lukas can go f@#$k them selves he f@#$%$#g awsome so shut the f@$#k up lukas rocks man

75. Razor Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 2:00 am

I can’t believe Lukas won.
    He’s not good enough; his song and singing really need improvement. He did do well, I just think Toby was better. Doesn’t matter because Lukas may do a few concerts with Supernova maybe one album then you’ll never hear from them again.

76. Tuesday Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 2:06 am

Man, so much anger right here.

I think that everyone who didn’t think that Lukas would win or even have a chance is kidding themselves! They were always going to go for the safe choice with a “gravelly” metal singer.

Toby is hot, but probably not hardcore enough. Dilana is missing a few screws in her head, and Magni is a bit too blah.

Anyway, its SuperNova’s own dumb fault if it doesn’t work out, so stop ya bitchin!

77. Kristie Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 2:10 am

Well its all over again..Awww Toby i was so sure you were going to win my man but even tho it was not to be on this trip you will find your fame, of that i am sure so EVS to you baby your still No.1 to me and my best friend Wend …Well done Lucas you are awesome, loved you since day one man and i hope you have every success with your new band SN..Your so talented and original anyone that says they dont like you is secretly lying i reckon haha..Congrats to Dilana and Magni also for making the final four and i am sure you will all have full and rich fabulous musical lives ahead of you..Cheers to you >>>

78. Brian Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 2:15 am

I oni had two rockers in my mind Magni and Lukas,and i do think Magni is more talented than Lukas but hes jus too plain.Lukas may not be the best singer but he is good enough to front supernova.If u tel me bout Dilana?oh please shes got no attitude,even Storm Large is alot better than her and Toby was great but guess hes jus not the right one for the bad.So Lukas was a good choice by Supernova atleast in my point of view.Goodluck guys and of course to Lukas Rossi

79. kl Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 2:28 am

Geez all of you are so serious. The music business is just that “a business” NOT “reality”. Supernova aka TBA??? made the choice with Lukas, so they can sell themselves to as many possible markets as they can (8 to 68). Not because is good, bad, cool, pukas or other wise. If you ever get the chance to push the solo button on a mixing board, I dare you listen to the voices Axl, Vince, James or many other “successful” vocalist,past or present. Not so pretty, but darn we love’em. Talent is NOT what sells “Popular” music. Marketing does. Some of it’s luck and timing and the belief that Lukas or any of us for that matter has just as much chance to go down in rock history as Ozzie or Dylan. Are they great vocalist??? The music industry is far from filing bankrupcy, they count on the fact that you get sucked into the machine and will tell your friends in the math class, who-you-think-they-think you-should-think-who-cares-who they-think is cool. I personally think Toby is the better entertainer. Dilana is good but a bad gamble for this task. I guess we should have the faith and not the hate. The losers could be the winners for the industry who will make $$$ either way. And we have all been entertained. Which is what we pay for. Now I sound too serious…Gggeeezzz – peace

80. pwning Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 3:19 am

Lukas will be a great skeet catcher for Tommy!! I’m so excited!!

81. Dan Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 3:50 am

I’m from Australia and I’m glad that Lukas won…

…because he was sh!t and those gay have-beens are sh!t and they’ll make an awesomely sh!t band.

He has the most disgusting voice I have ever heard, it sounds like a cross between a run over cat and a chain smoking camel. He is NOT original, just sh!t all round with his emoness looks and lack of personality/encores/memorable performances.

Go Dilana, Magni, Storm but especially home boy Toby. Can’t wait till you come back to Australia and make better music than that loser band that doesn’t even have a proper name.

82. CF Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 4:18 am

Supernova knew they could count on the hype of the show to sell a CD that hasn’t even been recorded yet, to sell tickets to a concert for a band that hadn’t even been formed yet, and thus to suck money from “fans” who weren’t really fans yet — and who might never be fans now that Lukas is the final piece of the Supernova puzzle. They think they are more relevant and more popular than they are yet. They take fans of the show for granted by assuming that everyone will now jump on the Supernova bandwagon — and money machine — without questioning their own taste or their own preferences. I’ve invested nothing in them yet but a couple of hours a week of my time, and that’s all I’ll ever have invested in them. Let’s hope that their CD & tour sales give them a true “reality” experience. Music fans are not blind or deaf — Supernova just became the new William Hung of the music business. Think he’s still selling records? Seen him anywhere lately? Nuff said.

83. Vauxholl Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 4:45 am

by looking at the number of fans supporting lukas, dilana, toby, magni, ryan & storm; this goes to show that rockstar:supernova really did a great job in getting talented people to be in the show. we may not agree with the final choice, but we all enjoyed the show. :)

can’t wait to see the next rockstar.

84. Renee Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 5:06 am

Go Lukas !!

I would have voted for William Hung before Dilana…
    The look on her face was PRICELESS – I would have LOVED to have been with Ryan when Lukas won.
    Eat your words Drama Dilana!!!

85. marelle Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 5:50 am

i am not happy with the choice and i guess fame will not last too long.. i already forgot …”supernova” who are they?” never heard of them. and by the way, i looked at all of the bios of the contetants, no mention on lukas’ love life or relationships. does anyone know differently? just curious.

86. vendaval Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 6:57 am

it’s not about winning or losing the game…it’s what happened afterwards.

Who cares that Lukas won? We all know Magi, Toby, Dilana, Storm and Ryan will sell better anyway. If any of them one, they would’ve been stuck in a band that doesn’t even make good music (as far as i’ve read in the comments here…no one has liked any of SuperNova’s songs yet…including me).

I don’t like Lukas, and I’m happy he won. I would rather have my favorites going solo instead of singing for a mediocre band.

87. Mal Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 6:58 am

I had planned on going to the concert, and if I do go…only to watch Dilana, then leave. Toby would have been a better choice, if they wanted a male to front, Magni too..but Lukas ???.. No one I know voted for Lukas (Pukas). His voice will not hold out for more than a few songs, and SN has already commented on that, it’s too forced and raspy.

The crowd at the show obviously were rooting for Dilana, the screaming and signs were for her..
    Also, it seems to me that if you put Lukas in the bottom three, somehow the comment top vote getter doesn’t make sense..It doesn’t add up. Dilana should have won..

I agree with a previous comment that it was set-up. Dilana was on top, but they decided to do a little bad PR show on her..However, I heard a few of the other’s..Lukas included, comment on the other performers, in particular he chose to dish on Dilana, but they didn’t make a big deal of it like they chose to do to her. Actually, Lukas didn’t have to open his mouth, the camera liked to pan on him after other performances, and he always showed a scowl, or looked bored. Unlike the others that chose to support by standing, singing along, or clapping.

I’ll definitely buy Dilana’s CD, Toby’s, and Magni’s, they’ll go far. Sorry SN, or whatever the bands name will be..You’ll dissappear in a few, after your selection tonite..

I will say IMO, the talent this year was far superior than last years Rockstar.

88. OI Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 7:36 am

Toby should have won, but like many have said he is not right for the band even though he is clearly the best singer/performer and best stage presence. Lukas has such a cliche look and persona its really sad. Original? yeah right, he’s every goth you see on the street just with a slightly better voice. totally concieted and arrogant. And there was no way dilana was going to win, how long until the three of them passed her around?
    Look forward to seeing what Toby does hope he dosnt sell out and do crap Pop stuff. If you see him tell him i want my school tie back that my friend gave to him up on stage 7 years ago at Wild Bill’s in Melbourne, signed, and framed…im sure itll be worth something on ebay.

89. Heidi Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 7:43 am

I will never watch these shows again. Last year and this year the rumors were that the bands had ALREADY chosen their singers and the show was just for publicity. Looks like it was true.

90. Denise Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 8:18 am

Come on! We all knew they would’nt pick a chick to front their band even though Dilana was the best. They picked freak boy instead.

91. m Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 8:35 am

Disappointing… very disappointing!!

92. m Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 8:36 am

Disappointing… very disappointing!!

93. Jubileee Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 8:43 am

I’m OVERJOYED with the Lukas win. He is a wonderful performer, very captivating. Great job Luke! I’ll follow him on his musical journey, where ever it may take him.

94. Altrock4u Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 8:51 am

Finally!!!! The best singer WINS!! Lukas is capitvating, riviting, creative, unique and a intense singer whose voice reaches down and grabs your soul!!

It is sad that just because you prefered another Rocker, that you can not recognize that Lukas was always the best choice for SN.

The bashing is childish!!! Did none of you actually listen to the closing SN songs? Come on Lukas sounded awesome with them and they look “right” together. Not to mention that Lukas is a fabulious song writer himself. Headspin was the best original. Deep, moving and catchy. Go listen to some of his other songs Tired and Crave me come to mind but Riddled and many others are also notable.

As Dave said Lukas has one foot in rock today and another in the future. I just bought tour tickets and anxious await the CD A HAY HAY HAY A HO HO HO THIS WAS THE WAY TO GO!!!!

95. eve Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 9:00 am

Some of these comments I have viewed are pretty narrow minded. I have really enjoyed watching Rock Star: Supernova!!-? There was so much talent exposed and therefore (in my opinion) it would be a difficult choice to make. Obviously Lucas has what they are looking for in their newly formed band. Nobody is a loser here! Go, Lucas!!

96. Gary Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 9:11 am

The best thing that could have happened to Dilana is that she wasn’t the winner. From a few of us true rockers who have actually been to concerts that began with seeing the Beatles, here’s my BOLD prediction. She will be the next true SUPERSTAR of the industry. There has NEVER been a female rocker that has the stage presence and command that she has. She is a combination of Grace Slick, Tina Turner and Stevie Nicks all rolled into one. The energy she exudes has not been seen since the likes of Michael Jackson.
    Recording companies will be beating down her door, if they haven’t started already. SUPERNOVA absolutely blew it. They had a chance to be a part of her fame and to be along for the ride, and to reclaim notoriety that they have long ago lost as individuals. They alone are nothing but old retreads in a industry that has been waiting for the long awaited return of the rock world. BOLD prediction: SUPERNOVA, or whatever their new name will be, will be a bust. Congratulations to Dilana, your career has now begun. You will be the next superstar of our time.

97. Carla from Maryland Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 9:38 am

I really tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt on Tuesday night. But all I know is that every time I watched Lukas perform “You Make My Head Spin,” all I could do was look at him and think “you make my stomach turn !!!! “

98. ZK Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 9:49 am

Let me start by offering a Canadian apology. I, too, am embarrassed that this troll, Pukas, is representing my country. Please don’t hold it against us!

That said, I feel that SN made the best choice for them. Let’s face it, these are 3 guys who are used to playing second-fiddle to their lead singers. I can see why they want to be the stars of the show now. Hiring a mediocre singer will enable the spotlight to remain on them.

Had they gone with Dilana, she would have outshone all of them, and become the superstar she is already on her way to being.

Personally, I will buy anything that Toby, Magni or Dilana put out. They were clearly the rockstars of this show.

Now…let me point out the obvious. Ms Janet Charlton was right – these guys already picked Pukas wayyyyyy ahead of time. Let’s examine the evidence;

a) Lukas opened for Jason Newsted’s last band. Obviously Jason liked what he heard (in that mediocre way) and had talked his pals into the goth-troll before the show even started.
    b) The way Dilana was edited, to stop her from taking the highest number of votes.
    c) Janet Charlton’s TWO spoilers about Lukas already being picked.
    d) INXS admitted, long after the show, that they knew JD was the one, when they saw him audition.

It isn’t rocket science to figure out. Again, I don’t think Dave Navarro is a liar, I simply don’t think they told him….and of course they won’t admit it, it ruins the entire premise of the show. If people realize this is already a done deal, they won’t call in and vote. You don’t need to be a marketing genius to figure out how that would affect the sponsors and ultimately, the ratings.

I suppose, at the end of the day, these guys feel they are doing the work of angels, by exposing young talent to the world. And that may be a valid reason to continue the show……but I tell you this, I will not vote again. There’s simply no point.

99. Carla from Maryland Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 10:03 am

ZK, Agree with everything you said – including plans to buy CDs of the other finalists. Show is only hype — no base in “reality” at all. Just another money machine.

Oh, by the way, nothing at all against Canadians ! I’m a “mature” — don’t want to say old — rock fan. Have been a fan of many Canadian rockers, especially Bryan Adams.

Peace !

100. kel Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 10:10 am

I dont think lukas was the worst pick
    but i dont think he was the best
    all i do know is that i dont think i could stand to watch him perform
    he’s not a natural performer
    his voice is ok ….performance sux
    doesnt everyone dream of going to a concert and getting some sort of interaction from the band?
    I know I do.the only one that really gave that to the viewers was toby. he seemed like he wanted to make it special for us…i think it has already gone to lukas’s head and dilana’s. but the pick could have been worse….they could have picked some of the no brain losers that left messages on this site

101. sj Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 10:18 am

I think that it was a tough choice between Lukas,Tody and Delina. Magni was talented but a family man.Lukas is talented and more sensitive(artistic persona) than Toby.I think Lukas has depth that will be explored and expanded. Toby is great but is not layered enough–too much what you see is what you get Aussie. And unfortunately,I don’t think a group of guys are ever going to let a woman front the band! I agree with the person who mentioned Chris Daughtery from Idol–too bad he didn’t wait to audition for Rock Star- it would have been a better fit for him musically. (Idol sucks and is for teeny-boppers!) Can’t say I’d buy a ticket to their(Supernova) concert but it is an interesting show to watch.

102. Lyn Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 10:28 am

It’s really sad that skunk-boy won. I agree with most of the above comments about the band and the singers, Supernova’s music isnt all that good anyways, but with Dilana fronting I would have gone to the show just to watch her and see what she does. I am kinda glad she didnt win, as this way it looks as if she will have way more options (recording wise) and be able to grow bigger and better. Toby and Magni will do great on their own too… I mainly didnt want to see Skunky win because I never liked his self-rightous attitude and something about his forehead/face is really irritating to look at! I have no further interest now in listening to Supernova, and walked away after Lukas started singing the first band’s song after the selection..

103. David Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 10:46 am

Lukas is very talented and will fit in well with the band. Dilana on the other hand would have out performed the band. I will pay to see and hear Dilana but not Lukas. Dilana has a hopeful career ahead of her. I wish them all success.

104. Diana Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 11:52 am

Would have bought the CD if anyone but Lukas won it but I think I’ll save my money for Dilana’s CD instead.

105. Michelle Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:11 pm

Major disappointment, though not a surprise. Tommy obviously had a hard on for Lukas the whole show. What a loss. They could have been fun (Toby),relevant(Dilana), or just plain good (Magni), but instead they’re pathetically lame. Two hours of Skunky Smurf onstage? No thanks!

Toby, Magni and Dilana are all better off doing their own music – the Supernova songs suck! Is this really the best those three can conjure up? Someone from Metallica is in this band? What a sad, corporate rock monstrosity it all turned out to be.

I’ll check the papers for Dilana, Storm, Magni and Toby gigs, but Supernova (or whatever they’ll call themselves now – Punk Skunk Skank?) can kick rocks.

106. Everything Sux Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:31 pm

Skunk Boy sux,
    The Tattoo’d woman stank,
    Toby was gay,
    Mangni was an asshole,
    Stupornova is a bunch of washed up has beens that nobody’s going to care about.
    Bring on Survivor

107. MelissaB Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:36 pm

I don’t know if anyone else caught it last night, but before they announced the winner for SuperNova, there was an advertisment for Survivor with shots of Lukas singing that godawful “Headspin” song–am I the only one who thinks the show was rigged?!

108. kerrilp Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:42 pm

I can’t believe that people are calling Lucas a “rocker”. What a joke. This guy should never be fronting a rock band. Now if an alternative band like the cure or someone was looking for a front man, Lucas would be perfect. This “band” is doomed to failure. But I guess “supernova” probably knows that anyway. What a waste of time watching this crappy show.

109. A TO THE B Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:44 pm

I THINK ALL U PEOPLE DOGGING LUKAS ARE A BUNCH OF IDOITS HE’S THE MAN!

110. MelissaB Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:54 pm

You make my head spin
    You make my head spin
    Why? Why?

Why SuperNova Why?

111. sobriety tester Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 12:58 pm

I just woke up… Skunky won?

What!!! What the hell happened?

Did he actually started to sing and dance in the last show and basically blew everyone away? Because I heard him scream (badly at that) and saw him jiggle his arms like a man who is being electrocuted, but sing or perform? Didn’t see that once this year!

In Canada they showed a “Canadian hopefuls” for the show a week before everything started, and all I remember is that the people choosing the singers were fat-short-hair-tie-gimping-suits that were pissed at one guy (Who would’ve made little Skunky piss his shorts just by looking at him) because he went out to party one night… Hell the guy was probably the best one for this band, voice was raunchy yet great, and he was not chosen because he went out to party the night before? Are we auditioning for ROCKstar or Canadian Idol?

That guy would’ve even beaten Toby in stage performance, Magny in Stage presence, and Dilana in all-round freaky looks!

Guess we’ve been fooled. As for Lukas opening for Newsted last band, damn, if I would’ve know that before, I would’ve switched channels on this last show and watch the “24 Hours Grass Growing Channel” at least it would’ve entertained me to the extent that I was looking for.

I say this because it wasn’t completely wasted time. Now I’m not sure ’bout the talent we saw compared to last year, I would not have downloaded one song (‘xcept Toby’s and Magni’s originals), but last year, performers were born every night, JD, Marty, Jordis, Mig, Suzie, Tara, and Ty (even if he played the race card when they said “no thanks” and actually lost all credibility he still had some very good moments), all of them had almost perfect performances every time on the stage… This year, Storm and Ryan had reasonable moments within the show; Dilana tripped twice, Toby and Magny once each, but at the end were way better and performed too well for this band. As far as Lukas goes, I would’ve shot my tv if I hadn’t paid so much for it every time he was on stage… ‘specialy that Bon Jovi cover, for Christ sakes what the hell was that… Marty Casey got me humming a freaking Brit Spears song… Skunky had me going to my therapist ’cause I thought I had shot a blood vessel and could only hear screeching sounds, for them to have said “GREAT PERFORMANCE!” should’ve told us right there who was going to win…

If I had been in the crowd that night I would’ve screamed “SHUT THE FU** UP!” while he was screeching…

But like so many on this post, I think it was best for the rest of the rockers to have been booted out, with those three as-been (I really hoped for way better heavy riffs from Newsted and Lee than the so-safe music I heard from them in this show). Clark was has floated his was to stardom by riding the coat-tails of GnR fame. Remember, he never actually was there when the great songs were created, and 90% of the members just walked out of the band, he was the one who got kicked out, check out his original songs; they could be the best thing out there since Rick Ashley! Oh… Sorry Ashley actually has a No. 1 hit. Sorry Gilby didn’t mean to make you look half talented.

I’m sorry to all watching the show, and this on behalf of all Canadians, we didn’t mean it, but I guess we forgot to wash Skunky’s face before the auditions were in town. That would’ve made him run back to his daddy and make him stay in his room putting on his little make-up back on (ps. To Freefinger, I love the “Write a letter to Casey Kasem!”, made me laugh, that was great!) …

Well, I’ll be saving up my dimes to buy a great album and rock show in the near future; too bad Supernova ain’t on that list…

112. sobriety tester Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 1:01 pm

Hey I forgot,

I guess Lukas stole the show, I heard on the radio that he was so great he actually made the Radio Host vomit with his little retard moves…

113. sobriety tester Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 1:05 pm

message for “A TO THE B”… Go buy a rap album. With a name like that you must’ve liked Skunky… A TO THE B!MOUAHAHAHAHAH!

C to the D – Out!

114. A TO THE B Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 1:48 pm

I GOT PLENTY OF RAP ALBUMS AND BY THE WAY WHAT KIND OF SOBRIETY TEST ARE U PACKIN?

115. gc Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 3:19 pm

What a shame to see old washed up rockers living in a state of dillusion that they actually think anybody remembered them in the first place. Most of us had to look up on their bios to see who they were, with the exception of Tommy, who’s only remembered frm his love boat cruise with Pamela. They each made a splash in music in their own rights, but give me a break, it was 10 to 20 years ago. They had the chance of their lifetimes to relive their youths by letting Dilana take them to super stardom. What a ride it would have been for them. She is destined for stardom. Supernova, or whatever name they take, will go down in flames. Their new music was awful, and absolutely no originality. Delana’s “Supersoul” will be a hit, whenever it’s released. SN album will be a super dud and embarassmsent to all, and they again will fade again into oblivion. I predict this will go down in rock history as one of the stupidest decisions of all time in them not having picked Delana. She on the other hand would have got stuck with a crummy band that would have only dragged her down. She ended up being the lucky one. Poor Skunkboy.

116. Anonymous Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 3:49 pm

Can someone explain Gilby’s statement to Magni? I just don’t get it, and I have always thought that Magni is awesome… so what is up with the comment on not wanting to front the band, but wanting to be in the band?? Help please, someone explain!!!

117. A TO THE B Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 3:53 pm

SOBRIETY TESTER YOUR THE BIGGEST IDOIT OF THEM ALL

118. ZK Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 4:03 pm

I HAVE to add more comments….

I am just floored to learn that it was Dave Navarro himself, who accidentally leaked the spoiler, that Pukas would win!

Janet Charlton has said that she was told by a certain-late-night-talk-show-host (Jimmy Kimmel?) that Dave confirmed it.

WOW that is pretty serious. Dave is an executive producer on the show…to have him be the leak is delicious!

I was 98% sure of my comments before, and I thought it was pretty obvious, but now I’m vindicated.

Burnett productions, Stupernova, Dave et all better hope like hell that Dilana, Toby, Magni, etc… don’t decide to sue over this!

Too funny that they take their audience for fools! What a bunch of losers!

119. Mare Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 4:46 pm

I have sat here for the past 10 minutes reading all posts about Lukas winning, and it seems like the majority agrees with me. The finale was a total bust last night. I have watched all summer for a total letdown! I personally wanted Dilana, but knew they wouldn’t pick her. I even would have taken Magni or Toby, but i NEVER thought it would be Lukas. My husband and I have been talking about getting tickets to see them until we found out the winner. There is no way we will pay to see him front the band. We will wait until Dilana goes on tour by herself. We are all about punk rock, but Lucas sucks.

120. JJ Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 6:07 pm

Well I read through all the comments and I’m appaulled by alot of you. Do you honestly think the majority of the contestants came on this show wholeheartedly to front SN? IT’S ABOUT EXPOSURE!The Final 8 were phenominal and likely to all have some margin of success.

Toby wasn’t that great ’til Ryan left and he in effect became the new darkhorse. Magni always seemed like he wasn’t all there (homesick, not feeling the crappy SN sound). Dilana’s great but she’s no Amy Lee, she doesn’t appeal to many demographics: young, old, male,female.

Lucas was in the B3 only once and like an earlier post mentioned has numerous experiences with several artists. Yes Toby would attract teenage girls but when they outgrow him what happens to SN? Longeivity=Lucas nuff said!

121. AVA Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 6:08 pm

Toby had to lose.. he would have made them look and sound by comparison like the old worn out codgers that they are.

122. Carla from Maryland Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 7:13 pm

To ZK –

Here’s some more evidence that the whole “competition” was just hype to introduce a lead singer who already had the job from the beginning. I watched Tommy Lee the other morning on the LIVE Regis & Kelly show (believe me, I only watched because he was on it !!! ). Anyway, toward the end of his appearance, he was going on and on about all of the excitement with the show and the band and that the studio audience that morning had kept crowding around him and trying to find out who Supernova “had picked.” PAST TENSE !!!! And this was before Tuesday’s performances, before Tuesday night’s voting, before last night’s final eliminations and lead singer announcement! Quite a slip of the tongue I would say.

123. Anonymous Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 7:34 pm

“I do like Lukas but I wonder if they ever considered Chris Daughtry. He would have been perfect.”

Oh BARF! I`m actually glad Dilana didn`t win because she would`ve been strapped down to those hasbeens and that would have sucked. And how come there hasn`t been any mention(and I`m talking to the writer for this site) about how, by law, Supernova has to change their name and can`t go on tour or make a profit using the name Supernova because they stole it from another band? Huh? Where`s the big fancy artical for that?

124. gun16 Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 10:38 pm

Phew i thought it was just me. Being from aussie and having to rely on torrents to get my supernova fix i was compelled to watch the show each week. just like when i got hooked on idol just because of chris daughtry. i was amazed that there was a handful of awesome rock singers. Toby was def my fav and felt he had all the momentum. Dilana isnt my cup of tea but damn she could sing and had fantastic precense. Magni is an incredibly talented muscician as highlighted each week on the webisodes. Leave me with with lukas i kinda like the guy but im thinking thats me holding on to when korn was good in the 90′s and all a little to johnathan davis for mine. supernovas originals shocked me they were crap all bar the one used for the vocal clinic which was the only one with some rock edge. i fear this is another mish mash much like like the incredibly vocal talent of weiland with velvet revolver and cornells with audioslave. but either way i cant see them doing great. gilby is such a cool nice guy and reckon him and toby could form quite a good pop/rock band. personally i dont see how newstead can play bass with tlee after having lars…. but anyway there songs arent technical at all. so anyways good luck to all of the final 4 i reckon everyone could give it a good go and hope the saturation doesnt stop them from fulfilling thier dreams. till then “uh oh uh oh oh oh oh”

125. Shellie Says:
    September 14th, 2006 at 11:32 pm

Well, gang it’s over. Fingernails-on-a-Chalkboard won, as I was afraid he would. I felt they had chosen him as The One a long time ago.
    But there’s always a silver lining and in this case it was getting to know Dilana. I’ll be out here looking for her music and I’m still glad I watched all summer, it was a good show. Heck, I even enjoyed the House Band!
    I was impressed with both Magni and Toby and wouldn’t have been disappointed if they’d won.
    Leave it to Gilby to not pass up the chance to make a buck by backing Dilana! I guess maybe he recognized talent when he saw it, right?
    Best to all of you assorted fans out there, see you next Rockstar season!

126. ZK Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 8:32 am

Carla;

I watched Entertainment Tonight Canada last night, and Tommy was going on about how much fun “the boys” are gonna have on tour. I had suspected, from the beginning, that no matter how talented Storm, Dilana, whoever was, that they would never pick a woman.

They want a buddy who will attract more girls for them, to satisfy their aging egos. Pathetic.

127. gc Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 9:41 am

In the decaying music industry over the last 15 years, the only true bright, creative soul (PURE ROCK MUSIC THAT IS), is still Lenny Kravitz. Hey Lenny, if you’re listening, grab Dilana and that house band for her, and let her open for you. You will have the most kick-ass concert for the true rock world, a sell out at every performance. Though Dilana may not be everyone’s cup of tea personally (she could lose the piercings-she doesn’t neeed the gimmicks), there is no doubt those who watched the show tuned in to see her perform–pure talent and energy. My wife and I would have definitely gone to see her perform, even if she had been stuck with the Super(has been)nova egotists, and will wait for her first album. It will be a chart topper.
    I can just hear it now, all the phone calls the last couple of days at the Ticketron outlets across the country, cancelling their requests for tickets now that she is not the winner. Even more so now that Skunkboy is.

128. NO SALE Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 3:15 pm

Was this a Reality show?
    NO – and almost everyone knows that it was an informercial at best and a lie in reality. Word to all you entertainment types you need to heed the words of the Great PT Barnum:

You can fool some of the people all of the time; you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can never fool all of the people all of the time.

Perception is Reality and the simple reality is in the numbers.

The numbers are: hits songs NONE; ticket sales VERY WEAK to NONEXISTENT; musical talent LOW to POOR; lead performer talent and experience ZIP; chance to make money NADA; second album NO CHANCE IN HELL. Nobody will part with their money for a group that is perceived as a bunch of losers. Now that’s a REALITY.

With the way CBS mucked up this process the only outcome for the band is DOOM.

TO SUPERNOVA –
    I AIN’T BUYING WHAT YOUR SELLING, DO YOU FEEL ME?

129. Laure Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 3:50 pm

Dilana was expressive, arty, a great singer, songwriter and performer – too good for this band. They caught her making derogatory statements about some of the others (as if Lukas wouldn’t; see him sitting there looking so egotistical) on purpose, I think. Fantastically original.

130. Anonymous Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 5:52 pm

“SOBRIETY TESTER YOUR THE BIGGEST IDOIT OF THEM ALL”

Yes, and, like all people who use all caps, YOU are not right in the head. YO DAWG!

131. Anonymous Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 5:57 pm

“You make my head spin
    You make my head spin
    Why? Why?

Why SuperNova Why?

Must be they were just overwhelmed by those “deeply moving” lyrics. Scuze me while I go puke.”

I couldn`t agree more.

132. Anonymous Says:
    September 15th, 2006 at 7:20 pm

LUCAS ROX YALLZ U PEEPS DAT DISS N BASS R JUS JELUS OV DA SUPAH STAR LUCAS I LUV U BBY

133. MiniLee Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 9:58 am

MiniLee says I gots the cash now and da gig and ualls can just pound a pud.

134. Anonymous Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 2:53 pm

^wut?

135. MiniLee Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 1:01 am

One more thing I want you Burnett people to stop posting that you like me It’s getting in the way of my real fans posting. So just stop-it.

136. guns n roses fan Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 10:49 am

toby should won !! lucas isn’t a good rocker!! he is like the rasmus’ singer.. i hate him!!

137. adele Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 11:45 am

i dontlike it that you people are so mean….i liked all of them i wanted toby to win coz im aussie and i think he is wonderful but then lukas was good too and prob more suited for them…i wish them luck…be happy people…there are other things in life!

138. Anonymous Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 6:34 pm

yes because we are all happy little people that live in a happy little world (that is completly fair) and we should all love everybody and we should be nice and not be mean and we should put up with crap because it is the nice thing to do because we are lovely people who all live lovely lives in a nice little world.

139. Anonymous Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 6:41 pm

“U heard me, I am MiniLee and you people be dissing and pissing me and calling me Pukas that not b nice. I am and will always be a ROCK STAR even if I am Canadian.

One more thing I want you Burnett people to stop posting that you like me It’s getting in the way of my real fans posting. So just stop-it”

I have no idea who you are but you sound like a complete idiot. What the hell is “pound a pud”? Really. And what fans are you talking about. Are you supposed to be Tommy Lee or Lukas because your really confusing me. And what are these “Burnett people” you speak of oh mighty one.

140. Solange (from São Paulo/ Brazil) Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 7:57 pm

Carmen is correct.
    Dilana’s star is much bigger than the 3 Super Novas together.
    She’s awesome and her place under the sun is assured !

141. Candice Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 10:16 pm

Lukas is effin’ AWESOME!!!
    Dilana n Toby were great…but The BEST man WON!!

142. KC Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 1:53 pm

We were all set to buy tickets when they came to Everett, WA. But not even Dave and bringing in Dilana and other past rockstar singers would make me waste money to see Pukas. You’ve lost fans in WA, good job super duds. What a waste of a good summer show.

143. A TO THE B Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 3:51 pm

YO DAWG! I USE ALL CAPS SO ALL YOU IDIOTS CAN HEAR WHAT I”M SAYIN- WORD TO YOUR MUTHER

144. Anonymous Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 5:43 pm

^ Don`t give a sh*t.

*bleeped because this blog sucks

145. Mandy Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 9:01 pm

I GOT UR BACK LUKAS WITH ALL MY LOVE GOOD LUCK AND YALL ROCK

146. bigred143 Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 2:08 pm

Just got done reading an interview with Pukas after he “won”. He’s such a conceited a**hole. He believes his own hype. I actually think Dilana got the better end of the deal. And yes, I think the band of boys picked Pukas only because he will help them in their picking up of underage girls on tour. And once their little tour is over, then the band will break up too. Leaving Mr. Rossi out on his butt.
    Meanwhile, Dilana can be doing her solo thing with an album out and everything. She can have anyone back her and do her thing, her own way.

I was hoping Tobi or Magni would win… any one but Pukas. He’s nothing but eye candy for the 12-year-olds. Anyone remember Billy Idol??? Pukas is trying to be his long lost love child… I’ve noticed him doing many of the same moves. He’s been watching too much classic MTV.

Dilana’s career will outlive them all.

147. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 5:47 pm

“I THINK LUKAS IS GONNA KISS ASS BUT IF HE DOESNT WE DONT KNOW THAT KNOW GIVE HIM TIME HE MUST HAVE BEEN WHAT SUPERNOVA WAS LOOKING OFR IF THEY PICKED HIM AND I THINK THEY DID THE RIGHT THING BY PICKING HIM BECAUSE TOBY WAS TOO MUCH OF A PRETTY BOY AND DILLANA IS A SLUT WAITING TO RUN THE GUYZ DOWN IN THE DIRT!!!
    I GOT UR BACK LUKAS WITH ALL MY LOVE GOOD LUCK AND YALL ROCK”

Wait, who`s ass is he gonna kiss. And btw, using all caps makes it hard for anyone to take you seriously. It makes you seem like a dumbass teenybopper who ignored all of her grammar lessons.

148. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:22 pm

F UC K U LUCAS DISSARZ! I H8 U BECUZ LUCAS IS A HOTTIE AND HE IS SOOOOO CUTE YOU FU CK I NG SK A NKZ. U BIT CH ES R JUST JELUS BECUZ UR CRAZY B IT CH DYLANA LOST. LOOOZERZ!!!!!1
    HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!!!!

149. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:25 pm

U GIEZ SUCK B IT CHEZ LOZRZ LUCAS SI WAAAAAAAAAAY HOTER TEN U RS S KA NKS SL UTZ BITC HES LUCAS WILL BEET UR IBALZ IN BECUZ UR ULGY

150. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:28 pm

HA HAAAAA BI CHES U GIEZ CENT STOP ME BECUZ IM ON TEH ITNERWEBS N U ONLY HAS TO SAPCE IN BEWEEN CUZZES TO GTE DEM IN AN ILLL CEEEP PTOSIN 4EVURRRR

151. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:29 pm

SUK ITZ LUZURZ

152. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:30 pm

HA HA

153. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:33 pm

U CINT STPO ME!!!!!!1

154. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:34 pm

NOT IVEN WTHI UR ROBT THNIG E

155. please stop Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:36 pm

A certain thing should be stopped, therefore as for me announcing this useless message, it chooses the poor human ground, the other method to occupy your time when it should find.

156. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 7:38 pm

Just the female dog considerably there is you, it is not possible to stop me from the fact that you play around the foolish people and sexual intercourse should be left to me,

157. hooray Says:
    September 21st, 2006 at 6:32 pm

i was stoked that lukas won i could not be happier! his awesome!
    Supernova u better come to australia or alot of people will be very disappointed!

158. Anonymous Says:
    September 21st, 2006 at 11:37 pm

Didn`t you hear? It’s not “Supernova” any more. It’s “Rockstar:Supernova”

See:

159. Mike Says:
    September 22nd, 2006 at 11:13 pm

Lukas is a hero..
    Headspin was epic..
    He has way more ability than any of the others (expect maybe ryan star). This was clearly shown by the way he changed up lithium, livin on a prayer, and headspin!!

160. Sanjay Says:
    September 30th, 2006 at 9:01 pm

I have seen all her performace, Dilana is best SuperNova could have. Lucus and other were not even near. She was definitely steps ahead of all other finalist.

161. Taylor Says:
    July 13th, 2007 at 11:49 am

Lukas is a wonderful singer. All you haters can just shut up and leave him alone. Goodness, you people who hate him have no musical taste whatsoever. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go and look at some stuff about Harry Potter and the order of the pheonix that I just saw last night.

162. chanti Says:
    October 11th, 2007 at 7:03 am

I think Lukas Rossi Rocks!!!
    Finally someone who really knows how to rock n roll and be as sexy as he is at the same time!
    His original was the best, also remembered. His style is absolutly his own, Point being…hes not a wannabe, says it how it is. Lukas my boy, YOU ROCK and dont stop, because i think this is just the beginning!

Comments