Ryan Star To Release Album

September 15, 2006 11:01 PM by Joe Blackmon

After Ryan Star gained a great deal of buzz and became a fan favorite on a popular reality-based television program featuring top musicians from around the world , Stone Crow/ KOCH Records are officially releasing Songs From the Eye of An Elephant,  a stripped down collection of outtakes and demos highlighting Ryan Star’s pure talent. The album is being rush-released for a September 19th in-store date.

Earlier this year, the New York City indie rocker was a MySpace Featured Artist in March and in May, music industry bible Billboard Magazine stated, “Ryan Star is absolutely incredible,” adding “[he is] a shining presence awaiting his close-up.”

Months before he even contemplated being on a reality show, Star was selling out shows in the Northeast (his latest was with up-and-coming UK star Corinne Bailey Rae at Bowery Ball Room in NYC) and riding the wave to national recognition when a friend in the industry put him on the list to audition for the show. On a whim, Star continued through several rounds of auditions with over 25,000 people until he was selected for the final cast. At first Star rejected the offer because his career was already breaking organically, but later accepted after realizing the global exposure would catalyst his growth. He is now planning a global tour to perform for all his new fans.

Over the past few years, Star has toured the country with major acts like Bon Jovi, KISS, Chevelle and Third Eye Blind. He has had notable appearances such as opening for Avril Lavigne, Gavin DeGraw, and headlining a Pre-Election Night Party for Mayor Bloomberg. He has also worked with top producers such as Greg Wattenberg (Five for Fighting) and Tim Palmer (U2, Pearl Jam).

Songs From the Eye of An Elephant highlights the pure talent of Ryan Star. Although it started as a gift to fans supporting his live shows in the Lower East Side of New York City, KOCH will now officially release the album with major distribution.

For more information, please visit Ryan’s official website www.ryanstar.tv and his MySpace myspace.com/rstar.

Topics: Rock Star |

11 Responses to “Ryan Star To Release Album”

1. Anonymous Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 10:02 am

I think he missed his chance he should call the album “I can scream”

Or if he had a hair on his ass the name should be BOHICA

2. Marie Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 11:13 am

Bleh. I would never buy a CD of his. Especially after his snotty remarks to Supernova after being kicked off the show.

3. Anonymous Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 2:55 pm

yawn…

4. Audrey Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 5:10 pm

Who cares? Blew it big time Ryan.

5. Anonymous Says:
    September 16th, 2006 at 8:32 pm

LghG”iVRbdfggYftf7mn()*A&h90978′}|pN[kFTETGVhnJBf#$rErFGfbnm>,..

6. Anonymous Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 5:15 pm

I agree with Pukas quote above.

LghG”iVRbdfggYftf7mn()*A&h90978′}|pN[kFTETGVhnJBf#$rErFGfbnm>,..

In 2 weeks the answer will be Rayn Who?

7. Anonymous Says:
    September 17th, 2006 at 6:24 pm

Hey, don`t diss Rayn. I like Rayn. Though I do think Ryan sucks.

8. Rhonda Says:
    September 20th, 2006 at 11:36 pm

I purchased the above album and it is Fantastic! Well worth the $ W/ 20 songs, I only have found 1 or 2 that I don’t really care for and a few of them get stuck in my head and I am left singing them all day long!
    Ryan is a true talent w/ a lot to offer the Music World! I feel lucky to be among those that got to know him through this process called Reality TV!

9. Anonymous Says:
    September 21st, 2006 at 5:40 pm

Well good-golly-gee to you!

10. Anonymous Says:
    September 21st, 2006 at 10:03 pm

His CD is incredible… i have been telling everyone to listen to it… I LOVE IT!!!!!

11. littlemissbubblebutt Says:
    September 22nd, 2006 at 5:39 pm

OMGGGG!!!! RYANS CD WUZ HOTTTZ W/ 3 T BECUSE HES JUST AS HOTTT!!!1 YEH HES DA GRETEST MAN IN DA WOLRD AND IF U DONT BI IT U WILL MISS OUT AND TAT WOOULD SUX. U MEAN PPLZ R MEAN. JUS CUZ U DONS LIEK HIM DUZNT MEAN U SHULD MAKE FUN OF HIMM!111 BI THE CD. I LUVS IT!!!!11

Comments