Amazing Race 10 – A Surprise Early Elimination

September 17, 2006 10:34 PM by Joe Blackmon

Bilal_saeedThe Amazing Race 10 begins in Seattle, Washington.  The twelve teams race to the airport to catch a flight to their first destination of Beijing, China.  The twelve teams include a mixture of the same type of teams that have appeared in past editions on Amazing Race such as a bickering couple, a dating couple, and a gay couple.  Three of the more unique teams for this edition of Amazing race are an Indian-American married couple, Muslim best friends, and an amputee partnered with a clinical prosthetist.

The first roadblock challenges one team member to eat fish eyes.  After eating the fish eyes, teams race to find the Meridian Gate.  In a surprise twist, the last team to reach the Meridian Gate is eliminated even though it isn’t a pit stop.  Unfortunately, the last team is the Muslim best friends team of Bilal & Sa’eed.  The first detour is a choice between labor or leisure.  In labor, teams have to pave a sidewalk.  In leisure, teams take part in a Chinese relaxation exercise.

After completing the detour, teams race to the pit stop of Juyongguan, which is one of the gateways to the Great Wall of China.  At Juyongguan, teams have to rope climb the Great Wall of China.  The climbing challenge proves to be particular difficult for Sarah, who has an artificial leg, but she shows determination and succeeds.

The first team to the pit stop is Tyler & James, and they win $20,000 for finishing first.  Duke & Lauren arrive in second place, Peter & Sarah arrive in third place, Dustin & Kandice arrive in fourth place, Rob & Kimberly arrive in fifth place, Kellie & Jamie arrive in sixth place, Erwin & Godwin arrive in seventh place, Tom & Terry arrive in eighth place, Lyn & Karlyn arrive in ninth place, and David & Mary arrive in tenth place.  The last place team is Vipul & Arti, the Indian-American couple.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Amazing Race news.  For other great Amazing Race news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Amazing Race.

Topics: Amazing Race |

8 Responses to “Amazing Race 10 – A Surprise Early Elimination”

1. James Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 8:28 am

I like th elooks of this season. The teams appear to have some very distinct personalities, should make for a great race.

2. Marie Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 10:20 am

I was glad the Muslim dudes got eliminated. What was the deal with him refusing to shake that woman’s hand after shaking the Indian-American guy’s hand? Women aren’t worthy of shaking their hands? What a jerkstore.

At the beginning amputee chick says she hopes people won’t just see her disability. But then she uses her fake leg to get handicapped status so she and her boyfriend can get on/off the planes first. And when they get off the plane she starts RUNNNING with her bionic leg! She turns it on when she thinks it’ll get them ahead, but then demands you don’t see her as disabled.

3. david Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 1:49 pm

I was glad to see the muslims go too. When they were repeating “allah is great” I just kept thinking that the terrorists from 9/11 repeated the same thing.

4. Penny Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 5:19 pm

Dislike

Erikkka’s team-I’m so sick of the boring Alpha Male team winning.

The beauty queens-*the model guys are hot.* is that you, Double Ds?

Cheerleaders-The only time that they didn’t annoy me is when the gay guys beat them at the detour.

Rob/Kimberly-Damn, they cloned FLO/Jonathan.

5. molly Says:
    September 18th, 2006 at 11:41 pm

I was really sad to see the Indian couple eliminated. They seemed like a nice couple. When they were lost they didn’t even bicker at each other unlike most of the couples on this show.

I’m also sick of seeing the alpha male teams always win. Maybe they will get too cocky and end up losing.

I hope a two female team ends up winning this season. Although I doubt it will be the cheerleaders they’re too dumb.

6. Anonymous Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 12:12 pm

The Indian couple were very nice. When I also heard them shouting “Allah is great” I was thinking…oh God not another attack

7. Sarah Says:
    September 19th, 2006 at 6:15 pm

Sure, Peter and Sarah seemed pretty annoying, but you can’t knock her for getting on the plane first. I have a disability, and I am the first one on the plane, but the last one off. I don’t think they showed if they got off the plane first. She probably needed to get on the plane first so she could get comfortable (maybe she had to take her prosthesis off or something) without having to worry about hords of people getting on the plane at the same time. I know I always get on first so I can get comfortable and the flight attendants can help me before EVERYONE else gets on. Like I said, I then have to wait until EVERYONE is off before I deboard the plane.

8. Kari Says:
    September 20th, 2006 at 7:53 am

Just a feedback to the comment of ‘Allah is great’. I’m a Muslim too and I am not agree with the terrorist. Hate them for bringing such a bad perspective to the rest of Muslims.

Saying those things such as – ‘Allah is great’ or ‘Praise to Allah’ is actually some usual habit of some Muslims. It’s pretty similar when people say ‘You’re rock’, ‘Damn you’, ‘What the..’. But it’s just in an appreciate manner. Hope you don’t hate them for that.

—-

About ‘What was the deal with him refusing to shake that woman’s hand after shaking the Indian-American guy’s hand? Women aren’t worthy of shaking their hands?’. Actually it is because “women are so much worthy, and to appreciate the women”. Not because looking down, but because looking up.

It might be a little complicated but similarly to Japanese culture. they don’t even shake hands with both gender, but bow is a show of appreciation. Hope you can see it that way.

Comments