Celebrity Duets Results – Jai Rodriguez And Cheech Marin Eliminated

September 22, 2006 09:45 PM by Joe Blackmon

Cheech_marin_eliminatedAfter a recap of the top five Celebrity Duets performance show, the finalist perform a group sing of “Hit Me With Your Best Shot.”  Host Wayne Brady asks the judges who they think are going to the finale.  Marie Osmond predicts Lucy Lawless, Jai Rodriguez, and Alfonso Ribeiro.  Little Richard predicts Alfonso Ribeiro, Jai Rodriguez, and Hal Sparks.  David Foster agrees with Mari Osmond and predicts Lucy Lawless, Jai Rodriguez, and Alfonso Ribeiro.

Alfonso Ribeiro sings “Ain’t Nobody” with Chaka Khan.  Cheech Marin sings “Roof Garden” with Al Jarreau.  Hal Sparks sings “I Wanna Rock” with Dee Snider.  Lucy Lawless sings “Should’ve Known Better” with Richard Marx.  Jai Rodriguez sings “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” with Patti LaBelle.

After the results show performances, the five finalists wait on stage to hear who will make the final three. Wayne Brady reveals that Cheech Marin and Jai Rodriguez are going home.  The final three are Alfonso Ribeiro, Hal Sparks, and Lucy Lawless.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Celebrity Duets news.  For other great Celebrity Duets news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Celebrity Duets.

Topics: Celebrity Duets |

10 Responses to “Celebrity Duets Results – Jai Rodriguez And Cheech Marin Eliminated”

1. Anonymous Says:
    September 22nd, 2006 at 11:40 pm

I can not believe that Jai got voted off! I don’t even want to watch the show anymore. He was the best sounding singer on the show. I have a feeling that David Foster is going to offer him a record deal. Can you believe that last note that he hit!?

2. VinnyFree Says:
    September 23rd, 2006 at 12:14 am

I can’t believe this!!! Jai nailed that song …and was in fine voice last night! Should be Alfonsa and Jai …with Lucy in the mix (she is never gonna win this, anyway)…could this have been some sorta gay back-lash? I am a straight man …who knows good performances when I hear em ..Jai was the real deal!

3. Steve Says:
    September 23rd, 2006 at 12:24 am

Jai got screwed, may have been anti-gay backlash I don’t know. But the fact that the worthless hack and his off key screaming Hal Sparks is on, and Jai is off is pretty shocking. Maybe if Jai did the ‘over the rainbow’ number last night, instead of tonight he may’ve been safe.

4. Anonymous Says:
    September 23rd, 2006 at 11:46 am

it was sad to see jai get voted off. He did such an outstanding job.

5. jairocksamericaisstupid Says:
    September 23rd, 2006 at 3:30 pm

I CAN NOT BELIEVE JAI GOT VOTED OFF! MY MOM AND I FROM THE START SAID HE WAS GOING TO WIN THE WHOLE SHOW, BUT AMERICA LET HIM DOWN. I AGREE WITH AMERICA FOR CHEECH TO GO, BUT NOT JAI. JAI ROCKS! I KNOW HE IS GOING TO DO GREAT, PROBABLY EVEN GOING TO GET A RECORD DEAL. HAL SPARKS STINKS! I WAS HOPING HE WOULD BE OFF WEEKS AGO. HAL LOOKS LIKE A KID THAT I KNOW, BUT THE KID IS IN 6TH GRADE. ALFONSO IS GOING TO WIN THE WHOLE THING NOW, YOU KNOW FOR SURE. IF HAL SPARKS WINS THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH AMERICA. I WISH ALL THE SHOWS THAT LET AMERICA VOTE WOULD CHANGE TO LET THE JUDGES DECIDE WHOS LEAVING BECAUSE JAI WOULD OF NOT LEFT!

6. Britney Says:
    September 23rd, 2006 at 7:41 pm

ok stop complaining you ahd the chance to vote as well…so if you did not vote…then dont complain…although he was good…not everyone may have thought that

7. E Hancock Says:
    September 23rd, 2006 at 11:31 pm

I was sad to see Jai go. I think what put him in danger was his performance of Lady Marmalade. I am not sure that was a good choice for him, even tho him and Patti kicked ass on both songs. I hope Jai and Marie do a duet with David Foster. It would rock!

8. sienna Says:
    September 25th, 2006 at 3:19 pm

I must say i agree with all of you in that it’s a disgrace jai was voted off. I can only come up with three reasons why this happened:
    1)as some of u say…it could be that anti-gay backlash, or
    2)people thought he was so safe that they didnt want to waste votes on someone they “knew” was going to win,and decided to vote for crap like Hal Sparks, or
    3)People just didnt like jai’s rendition of “Lady Marmalade”.
    I must say that his singing of “over the rainbow” is the best version i have heard in a long time…maybe even moreso than how Katherine McPhee sang it on american idol. If he had sung that song for judgement and saved Lady Marmalade for results night, i think things wouldve been brighter for him. But guys…it’s over,and as much as ppl are shocked to see one of the best go, we just have to put it behind us…life does go on kids.
    I’ve always been rooting for alfonso and jai, and now that jai’s gone, alfonso has absolutely no competition whatsoever. So basically, this competition is over…the show’s basically over.
    Vote for carlton!

9. FRANK Says:
    October 6th, 2006 at 12:28 pm

Jai being voted off is a reflection of how much the judges are untalented and ubnknowing. I know of so many others like myself who will refuse to watch that show ever again. Ja, by far, is still number 1 in America’s heart and still and forever the best singer on that show or any show that could ever air. Shame on all of you who voted him off.

10. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says:
    October 10th, 2007 at 2:31 pm

it was sad to see jai get voted off. He did such an outstanding job.

Comments