Ghost Hunters Live On Halloween Night

October 31, 2006 12:01 AM by Joe Blackmon

Ghosthunters_1On Halloween night, SCI FI Channel will embark on a never-before-attempted, live, 6-hour ‘Ghost Hunters’ investigation! ‘Ghost Hunters Live’ (11 PM-5 AM), an unprecedented television event, will wrap up SCI FI’s 13 Days of Halloween marathon.

Jason, Grant and the ‘Ghost Hunters’ team revisit the notoriously haunted Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado for a live, 6-hour, Halloween-night investigation! Stephen King took up residence at the Stanley while writing his best-selling novel The Shining and the spooky goings on at the hotel reportedly served as the inspiration for his best-selling tome. Viewers will be sent on the ultimate Halloween adventure, joining the ‘Ghost Hunters’ in real-time as they investigate the infamously haunted hotel. Also joining the investigation is a special guest from ‘ECW’ (Extreme Championship Wrestling); ghost hunting novice CM Punk!

The ‘Ghost Hunters’ originally investigated the Stanley in February 2006 and were met with a flurry of unexplainable occurrences including a hotel room that was a veritable hotbed of paranormal activity. Continually intrigued by the locale, our ‘Ghost Hunters’ will return to the Stanley for the show’s first-ever live investigation, spending more time exploring some of the hotel’s most notorious hot spots and enlisting viewers to help expand their search for spirits.

In addition to the live broadcast, viewers can interact with the ‘Ghost Hunters’ via polling, SMS messaging and SCIFI.COM, logging suggestions for rooms to investigate and screening an online video feed. One unprecedented interactive addition to the live telecast is the SCI FI.COM "panic button" which will enable viewers to email the control room and alert the ‘Ghost Hunters’ to any paranormal occurrences observed on the online feed.

Topics: Ghost Hunters |

11 Responses to “Ghost Hunters Live On Halloween Night”

1. sally Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 11:10 am

I watched most of the beginning of the show, and fell asleep. I woke up at 3:30 am, and it was off the air. What happened? I wished they hadn’t talked so much, and just sat more quietly to listen. A ghost couldn’t get a word in edgewise. I can’t wait to see if anything happened. Sally

2. Moonthunder Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 1:03 pm

I had planned on watching it entirely but for some reason right at around 2:15 Central time the whole channel went down. I have satelite and it claimed that the sci fi channel wasn’t yet purchased. ALL of the rest of my channels worked just fine. So what was up with that?! I waited for a long time for it to come back up and when it still wasn’t back up nearly an hour and a half later I gave up and went to bed. The channel works perfectly today!!! I was VERY disappointed!

3. samantha Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 2:04 pm

i fellasleep twice during it but i just love that kind of stuff i know i wish i would’ve taped it but i wish they wou7ld have that one on tape i will purchase it . thanks samantha

4. Steve Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 3:27 pm

Anybody ever hear of TiVo? I missed about the first hour due to lack of useful brain cells, apparantly, but got the rest of it on the machine. Now, where to find five+ hours of time to browse through looking for good stuff? I mean, really, The STANLEY! What a very impressive end of season THAT was!

5. Alex :TAPS: Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 5:15 pm

I was planing on watching IT The whole NIGHT but I dint I just watched it like 2hours and Fell asleep.. If anyone saw the whole show tell things that were awsome ..

6. pat Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 8:27 pm

It was a bore…And they did some tie-in with an idiot ECW wrestler…

7. Lisa Says:
    November 1st, 2006 at 9:17 pm

I missed it, will it run again sometime?

8. Glen Says:
    November 7th, 2006 at 1:37 pm

I love this kind of stuff i hope they do it again.I had the same problem i lost my signal :( but i’ll be there this week to see what happen.

9. Nicole Weaver Says:
    November 9th, 2006 at 4:30 pm

I stayed there the weekend before Halloween when the Shining Ball was going on. I experienced a lot , but I didnt get a chance to watch the show!! Is it going to air again soon??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Thanks

10. CHARLES H,VANPATTEN III Says:
    October 31st, 2007 at 11:01 pm

I LOVE GHOAST HUNTERS . IVE EVEN SIGNED UP FOR A PARANORMAL MEETUP HERE IN SPARKS , NV. TO HOPE TO UNDERSTAND THIS FEILD OF SIENCE.

CHARLES H, VANPATTENIII

11. Jon Klempke Says:
    November 1st, 2007 at 1:55 am

Hey that was so cool and i love your show’s and i wish i could do this with u guy’s some time.Thank you

Comments