Armed & Famous Reality Series To Star Celebrities As Cops

December 15, 2006 12:04 AM by Joe Reality

Armed_famousARMED & FAMOUS, a new reality series that turns celebrities into crime fighters, will follow five brave stars through the Police Academy and onto patrol in Muncie, Indiana.  ARMED & FAMOUS will premiere on Wednesday, Jan. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) followed by a special original broadcast on Thursday, Jan. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  ARMED & FAMOUS moves to its regular time period, Wednesdays
(8:00 – 9:00 PM, ET/PT) on Jan. 17.

ARMED & FAMOUS features actor Erik Estrada ("CHiPs"), singer and author La Toya Jackson, television personality Jack Osbourne ("The Osbournes"), professional skateboarder Jason "Wee-Man" AcuÃa ("Jackass") and former WWE champion wrestler, Trish Stratus.

The series follows the five stars as they become sworn police officers in the Midwestern town of Muncie, Indiana — a city of nearly 70,000 residents located 60 miles northeast of Indianapolis. It’s also home to Ball State University.

Done with the full cooperation of the Muncie Police Department, the celebrities will undergo police training to become reserve police officers in the Muncie Police Department. They’ll learn everything from firearms to hand-to-hand combat, and even learn what it’s like to be on the receiving end of a taser shock as a part of the process to be certified to carry stun guns. Upon completion of their training, they’ll be issued badges and guns, partnered with veteran officers and immediately hit the streets of Muncie.  The five celebrities will protect and serve on the busiest shift of the night, 6 PM to 2 AM, responding to emergency calls, helping victims and making arrests.

ARMED & FAMOUS is produced by Emmy Award winner Tom Forman ("Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"), Jeffrey Kramer ("Ally McBeal") and Michael Braverman ("Jesse Ventura’s America") for Tom Forman Prods. and Good TV, Inc.

Topics: Armed and Famous |

9 Responses to “Armed & Famous Reality Series To Star Celebrities As Cops”

1. Armed and Famous Says:
    January 2nd, 2007 at 4:15 am

This is deffinately going to be an interesting show. I was born and am currently living in Muncie, Indiana and have seen the celebrities around. Luckily I have no been pulled over yet.

2. Marcus30 Says:
    January 3rd, 2007 at 2:10 am

Talk about willpower, do these celebrities have what it takes to be real policemen/policewomen? I mean its hard to imagine La Toya Jackson in training doing hand to hand combat and be on the receiving end of a taser. I laugh my ass off seeing this happen to these celebs. Hehehe.

3. Jamie, Staffs Says:
    January 10th, 2007 at 6:38 am

I cannot wait to see this show. La Toya is my favourite celebrity! http://www.churchoflatoya.com

4. LyndseyO Says:
    January 10th, 2007 at 9:53 pm

God.. it was so good.. so funny.. But very eye opening. I’ve lived in Muncie all of my life(21 years) and I never, once, thought about the actual dangers here… I’m glad this happened.

5. Lawrence Says:
    January 13th, 2007 at 3:34 am

Actually for me it was fun seeing this bunch of celebrities doing patrol and arresting bad people. This is new for me, I only see celebrities doing some crazy stuff on other reality shows. No offense to Mr.Wee-man but I don’t really think somebody will believe that he is an officer, just like the lady arrested for shop lifting. Good thing is that he had his partner with him.

6. Nancy Says:
    January 13th, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Can’t believe Jackson is allowed to wear her hair down while on duty. I’m retired law enforcement and any female on the force had to have her hair pulled back or wear it short as hair is an excellent take-down tactic (even for the bad guys). Show is not realistic.

7. Martin Says:
    January 15th, 2007 at 2:26 am

I like Trish Stratus. I only see this badass sexy babe in the WWE ring and sexy magazines, I wonder if she will also slam the bad guys on the car hood like what she did on her hardcore matches in WWE? I want to see her banging heads, shooting someone with a taser, and doing her signature move against the bad guys.

8. Bubba Says:
    February 1st, 2007 at 4:46 pm

I really love the show especially La Toya I think her and her sister Janet are the finest women in america. I cant wait to see the show I hope CBS dosn’t pullit off air.

9. Shelly Says:
    February 10th, 2007 at 7:08 pm

I have never liked reality shows. But Armed and Famous is totaly differant. It takes celebraties and puts them in real life police situations (after proper training). I feel this show is entitled to greater respect than any other reality show in the history of reality shows.

Comments