Rachel Zevita, An Opera Singer On American Idol 6

January 25, 2007 02:30 AM by Joe Reality

Rachel_zevitaRachel Zevita is an eighteen year old from New York, New York.  Rachel
goes to school for Opera, and she said if they found out that she was
at the American Idol auditions that she might get kicked out and lose
her scholarship.

In her New York audition, Rachel Zevita first sang “Eternal Life” by Jeff Buckley.  Carol Bayer Sager said she liked it and requested another song.  For her second song, Rachel sang “Get Here (If You Can).”  Then Randy Jackson requested a little Opera, so for her third song, Rachel sang Opera.

Simon Cowell said “Well, this is all a bit of a guessing game now, Rachel.  We’ve heard three different songs, who do you want to be?”  Rachel replied “American Idol,I can sing anything, every week you guys pick a different theme, I can sing anything.”  Simon clarified that he wasn’t criticizing but wanted to know who she would like to be.  Rachel said “I would like to be me, and me, I’m a singer, songwriter, and a rock star.”

Carol, Randy, and Paula all said yes to Rachel going to Hollywood, and Simon Cowell just said “You’re all coming to Hollywood.”  After her audition, Rachel offered this message, “The South has had a lockdown on American Idol.  This year it’s New York.  We need some life, we need some color, some excitement, it’s me.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

23 Responses to “Rachel Zevita, An Opera Singer On American Idol 6”

1. simon Says:
    January 27th, 2007 at 8:20 pm

i love that rachel zevita girl..she has the best voice and very innocent and beautiful

2. charlie Says:
    January 28th, 2007 at 3:06 pm

who cares about rachel zevita when there is someone as good looking and as talented as jenry bejarano..i love him..i really want to be able to contact him in sum way..or jus talk to him some how..he is gorgeous..an i am soooo wanting him to win..but i want him to marry me 2..im the right age as well :P woo…any one no a way i can get in touch??

3. Jennifer Greenland Says:
    February 2nd, 2007 at 9:46 pm

rachel zevita ??? Shes got a unique voice and is a BRILLIANT singer…wheres her CD? IM THERE!!!!!!!!!! THE BEST version of GET HERE i have ever heard!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Xeno Says:
    February 7th, 2007 at 8:10 am

I love her!

5. Anonymous Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 9:35 pm

where’d she go

6. Rob Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 9:58 pm

What happen to Rachel Zevita….she was #1 does anybody Know?

7. joe sixpack Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 10:00 pm

what happened to rachel…did she go to h’wood? she is sensational!

8. joe sixpack Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 10:02 pm

cont…..of all the contestants rachel was the only one with a unique voice…..she could have won it all….where the hell did she go?

9. joesixpack Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 10:05 pm

i have picked every winner, every year idol has been on…..if not from the audition stage…then at the 24 stage….Rachel….it was you.

10. joesixpack Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 10:14 pm

and in conclusion…..i will be looking for youre cd…..rachel IS a SUPERSTAR. unique….janis joplin type….a once in a lifetime VOICE. go rachel go!!!!!!!

11. Tim Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 9:57 am

She was by far my favorite. I loved her attitude. Her unwavering confidence (not arrogance) was impressive. Unfortunately, she seems to be missing. She probably dropped out quietly to avoid losing her opera scholarship. Very sad. I would have loved to see that little girl stomp all of the competition.

12. Yelarie Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:02 am

I don’t remember seeing Rachel Zevita on last night’s Hollywood week Idol. Where is she? I was looking forward to hearing her.

13. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 3:22 pm

Rachel rules!!

14. Catalyst Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 11:06 am

I picked Rachel Zevita as my absolute FAVORITE of every contestant we saw in the auditions. If it were announced right now that she were making a CD I would pre-order it right now without ever hearing anything more. I thought she was 5 times better than anyone who tried out. So they could have at least told us why she wasn’t in hollywood. I hope we don’t lose track of you Rachel, we want to hear you sing, whether its pop or opera.

15. joe plasmid Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 2:47 pm

Rachel….what happened??? You were my choice to win it all!!! Someone has to know..

16. Bill Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 10:59 pm

I was a little surprised about the judges reaction to her. I picked her as a sure finalist.

17. JimiE Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 3:42 pm

where did she go, if any 1 has any information on her , let me know,
    She was by far the most gifted original singer there,What happen???

18. dave Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 2:28 pm

there hasn’t been a day since she auditioned in new york that i haven’t thoughtwhat happened with her….she is the absolute BEST…i try to find her on internet or magazines or tv or radio but nothing….it’s like she disapeared and she is soooo damn good…

19. Anonymous Says:
    February 20th, 2007 at 7:54 pm

I would also like to know what happened to her. We didn’t see her get eliminated. Maybe she DID drop out on her own. A shame, though. I believe she was/is quite good. She and Sarah Krueger (who sang “Over The Rainbow”) were the two biggest unpleasant surprises for me. I thought both were great (Sarah’s voice, I believe, was beautiful.)

20. Natalie Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 2:14 pm

Hopefully Rachel Zevita has a record deal already cause this season sucks a$$!!!

21. Dario Says:
    February 27th, 2007 at 10:13 pm

Sadly Rachel got eliminated in the 1st week of auditions in Hollywood, she hasnt explained why but said she has theories. I dont think she has a record deal but has a mysapce page and has promised to post music on there as soon as some legal copyright technicalities get sorted out. I think she is fantastic and hope she will answer my frined request dang-it, im all the way in London so cant buy a CD, I hope I can download some stuff…

22. Donia Says:
    July 8th, 2007 at 5:10 am

Does anyone know the name of the opera that she is singing?! I need to know. And I can’t believe she got off. Arg!

23. Donia Says: