Is Chris Sligh The Curly Haired Favorite To Win American Idol 6?

January 30, 2007 11:25 PM by Joe Reality

Chris_slighBefore this season of American Idol started airing, Randy Jackson hinted
in a media conference call that the eventual winner may be
someone that auditioned in Birmingham, but maybe not from Birmingham.
Randy Jackson also predicted to Entertainment Weekly that the winner
would be “someone with curly hair.”  Could Randy Jackson have been
talking about Chris Sligh?

Paula Abdul also talked about a curly haired contestant to the NY Post.  She described him as a guy resembling Penn Jillette.  If you add Randy Jackson’s statement about curly hair and someone who auditioned in Birmingham but not from Birmingham to Paula Abdul describing someone resembling Penn Jillette, then it starts to add up to look a lot like twenty-eight year old Chris Sligh from Greenville, South Carolina.

In addition to bearing a resemblance to Penn Jillette, Chris Sligh also displayed a sense of humor like the famous magician.  Before his audition, Chris told the cameras, “Some people tell me that I look like Jack Osbourne, some people say that I look like Jack Black, but when I look in the mirror every morning, it’s not those people that I see, it’s Christina Aguilera that I see in the mirror, and I think that’s who my body looks most like.”

Of course Chris Sligh’s best line came when Randy Jackson asked him why he was there.  Chris said “I really want to make David Hasselhoff cry,” referring to how David Hasselhoff cried when Taylor Hicks won American Idol 5

For his Birmingham audition, Chris Sligh sang “Kiss From A Rose” by Seal.  After his audition, Paula Abdul stood up, applauded, and told Chris that she liked him very much.  Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell agreed and quickly put Chris through to Hollywood.  Given the reaction of the judges, our guess is that Chris Sligh is indeed the curly haired favorite to win American Idol 6 that Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul have been talking about.

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
American Idol news.  For
other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

18 Responses to “Is Chris Sligh The Curly Haired Favorite To Win American Idol 6?”

1. connie Says:
    January 31st, 2007 at 6:48 am

I got to agree, this guy was soooo cool and..a merry heart does good like a medicine..and everyone need to smile..rock on Chris!

2. connie Says:
    January 31st, 2007 at 6:48 am

3. Ash Says:
    January 31st, 2007 at 10:13 pm

I thought Chris was a breath of fresh air. He IS what America wants someone REAL. He has a great sence of humor and i am looking forward to seeing him on American Idol again! He looks like the guy off grandmas boy haha loved him!

4. Beth wadsworth Says:
    February 1st, 2007 at 6:56 pm

I have know Chris Sligh for 7 years. My son Tim Wadsworth played the drums for Chris’s first band “The Chris Sligh Band”.Tim played with Chris for a short time after the band’s name got changed to “Half Past Forever”.I have enjoyed his great singing voice over the years while my son played with him, and knew he would be discovered one day and make it to the top.He is a nice guy who is REAL,what you see is what you get,he’s not Phoney.

5. erez Says:
    February 3rd, 2007 at 2:43 pm

i know its hard to compare but he has the most unique voice ive heard since thom yorke…i lovved his audition

6. Erwin Draft Says:
    February 5th, 2007 at 5:09 am

I couldn’t be more agree.. i think he is goin to be the next american idol.. juz like when i first saw taylor audition, n walahh he is the american idol..

7. Alex Says:
    February 5th, 2007 at 12:10 pm

This guy made me actually laugh! And not as a result from how crazy or ridiculous they were.. but because of his pure wit!
    I like him a lot!! He better keep up that personality in the Top 24!

8. P.E.E. Says:
    February 6th, 2007 at 12:42 am

SUndance, Sarah Krueger, Sanjaya and this slammy-curly Christina will get to the final!

9. michelle Says:
    February 8th, 2007 at 1:41 pm

Chris sang at my brother’s wedding this past June, and he is really popular in Greenville. We are all behind him!!

10. Teen models Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 4:19 am

Look a teen models http://auto.ptic.in.ua/model.html

11. Laura Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:48 am

I LOVE HIM, HE IS WONDERFUL, HE MADE ME LAUGH, AND WOW, CAN HE SING,?! JUST LIKE LAST YEAR CHRIS DAUGHTRY WAS MY PICK, SO THIS YEAR I HAVE ANOTHER CHRIS PICK!!!! I HOPE HE WINS.

12. boredom Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 9:07 am

Sundance is awful. He won’t make it to the final. He’ll be one of the first people voted out by the public along with that guy who thinks he can beatbox his way to a victory.

13. Hale Says:
    February 24th, 2007 at 1:04 am

C’mon not a phoney? Then why did Sligh cower to Cowell? Thursday night Chris sucked up to Simon so hard he lost my vote. What a wimp!

14. Lillian Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:19 pm

Chris Sligh has a real good voice , he has a voice like Roy Ordison only a lot better and should sing one of his med. to fast songs.Then he might have a change to win.

15. kathy Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:26 pm

I like Chris’s style and his vocals. I would like to hear him tackle Roy Oberson or Van Morrison. They are not pleasing to look at but they bring melody to our hearts.

16. kathy Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:37 pm

Elvis P. was scared of Roy O. knocking him off the charts. Do you think that Chris can top that?

17. Pez Says:
    March 15th, 2007 at 1:48 am

I think the whole thing is a train wreck. Every one of the contestants on Rock Star and Pussycat Dolls sing much better than this season’s Idol offerings. So, my vote is for Sanjaya. He’s the only choice to see this season to its proper end and send a real statement that better talent is needed.

18. Chris Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 5:47 pm

I think that Chris should sing “What about me?”. I think it would fit his persona: vulnerable, yet strong. What do you think?

Comments