Is Baylie Brown A City Girl Or A Country Girl?

February 07, 2007 01:35 AM by Joe Reality

Baylie_brownBaylie Brown’s background segment started off like the typical country
girl background segment that viewers have seen time and time again on
American Idol.  However, Baylie’s background segment had a twist in
that she was really a city girl trapped in a really small town.
Baylie’s Mom Lynn Dal offered this opinion, “Baylie is a country girl,
because she obviously lives out in the country, lives around horses,
but then her style is not country at all.”  Baylie also revealed,
“Sometimes horses scare me.  Every time I walk up to them I’m scared
they are just going to come and eat me or something.”

For the American Idol San Antonio auditions, sixteen year old Baylie Brown from Krum, Texas sang “Stronger” by Faith Hill.  After Randy Jackson quizzed Baylie about life on the ranch, Simon Cowell said “I think Baylie, you are one of these girls who is probably born to be a pop star basically.  You look great, your personality’s fantastic, your voice isn’t great at the moment, I’m sure it will be in two or three years time.  Having said that, you are commercial with a capital ‘c.’  I mean just a record label’s dream.”  All three judges voted Baylie through to Hollywood.

After American Idol had convinced us that Baylie was a city girl trapped in the country, we did some research into her background.  Reality TV Magazine located Baylie Brown’s website, which reveals that she has quite an impressive background in music.  Even though Simon Cowell saw Baylie as a pop star, Baylie’s website says she “is a country girl through and through.”  Baylie’s website also reveals that she performs for many rodeos (which must be terrifying for her considering her fear of being eaten by horses).

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

18 Responses to “Is Baylie Brown A City Girl Or A Country Girl?”

1. Anonymous Says:
    February 7th, 2007 at 9:00 am

not another Kellie Pickler! “horses might eat me or something ahhh”. Well, stay away from them!

2. Anonymous Says:
    February 7th, 2007 at 3:26 pm

I have a bad feeling about this Kellie-clone girl…Already, I can see her making it to the Top 12 and having A.I. fans diss her far worse than Kellie from last season.
    Kellie is the better singer, from what I’ve heard of Baylie so far, though.

3. Anonymous Says:
    February 7th, 2007 at 10:27 pm

I agree, Kellie Pickler is a better singer plus Baylie looks like a copycat of her.

4. Nick Says:
    February 9th, 2007 at 4:20 am

I will help you out with the whole city or country girl. Krum Texas is a small town, but it’s still in DFW. Krum is in Denton County. Denton is the historic and collegiate part of DFW (U.North Texas and Texas Womans U.). Its not like this girl lives out in the sticks, but she doesn’t live in downtown Dallas either. I live in Denton myself, its also known as Horse Country, USA. But dont let this title fool you, many towns around here are some of the richest places you will see. Large ranches are everywhere, with horse’s that sell for millions and ranches that go for 20 times that. Deion Sanders has a house here that is 48,000 Sq. Ft. Thats bigger than a football field.

5. lornayoung Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:42 pm

she has blue contacts,a bad nose job,hair extensions,teeth veneers tons of makeup sounds like Hollywood to me.(average singer)

6. Lindsey Nickole Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 7:55 pm

I have sang with Baylie more than 5 times. sweet girl, voice leaves a little to be desired but I think she’s great really. just so whoever commented above me knows…HER EYES ARE BEAUTIFUL, THAT’S JUST THE WAY HER NOSE IS, PRETTY SURE SHE HAS REAL TEETH AND HER HAIR HAS ALWAYS BEEN GORGEOUS!

7. Sarah C. Says:
    February 17th, 2007 at 9:12 pm

She’s Awesome.I sure she’ll have a great career.

8. maegan Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 8:21 pm

Baylie is the best singer in the world and next year she will brow everyone away.

9. lindsey Nickole Says:
    February 22nd, 2007 at 5:20 pm

ok…maybe not the best singer in the WORLD! ok…definately not the best….but she’s ok. very beautiful and nice…

10. Katie Says:
    February 25th, 2007 at 4:05 pm

She isn’t fake, and she looks just like father if you bothered to watch her segment. They have the same nose.

11. krystie Says:
    March 5th, 2007 at 5:05 pm

Let me help you out some too. For one thing I know where she lives and when American Idol aired, she claimed she lived on a ranch. She lives on 3 acres right outside of town. Now when has 3 acres been considered a ranch? I guess my family’s 1500 acres is a ponderosa then! She is not a country girl at all!!!

12. Breanne Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:06 pm

OMG SHE REMINDS ME SOO MUCH OF JESSICA BIEL!!!!!!

13. brian Says:
    March 16th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

baylie is the cuttest girl i’ve ever seen…i just am wondering from some people that posted above…what is so bad about her nose???and…fake teeth???where did u get that idea?!?!she seems so nice, has a great voice, and is so beautifull!i was so upset when she was sent home…she better try out again next year…she’ll do great!good luck baylie!

14. Anonymous Says:
    March 18th, 2007 at 7:44 pm

I go to high school with Baylie. Yes, Krum is a small town and it can be hick sometimes. I.E. people ride their horses to Sonic on occasion. Krum is about 30 minutes south of Ft. Worth. Everybody knows everybody here. There are about 350 kids in our high school. 80 kids in our junior class. We’re a small town through and through but ask anyone here and we hate being called hicks. Sure, we’ve all grown up around Wranglers, boots, horses and dip but we shatter the stereotype of country folk/hick. Our town is based around small town morals and basketball. Want some southern hospitality, come here. Krum is exploding with it. Say the name Baylie Brown and we all know she’s got a large amount of talent in a city that can’t hold her. Everybody has their roots, and hers are in Krum. Baylie’s not going to be like the generations living in Krum that never leave, she’ll go to livein a city. But you never forget where you’re from.Baylie has a rodeo arena in her back yard where her dad and his friends rope on a nightly basis. No, she doesn’t live on a ranch but in Krum, it is considered one.
    Baylie doesn’t wear colored contacts, the only dental work she’s had is braces, she’s never had a nose job and her hair is that color naturally.
    Baylie isn’t a Kellie Pickler impersonater, she’s her own artist. She sings country songs but also has an amazing pop voice too. She has a cd out. Purchase it and you’ll see.
    Baylie is quite possibly the sweetest girl in our high school. That illuminous smile never leaves her face and lights up any room. Baylie brightens your day. At every pep rally, she sing the National Anthem, leaving student in faculty speechless with goosebumps. Everyone in this town is behind her 100%. We all cried when she did, and we all laughed at Simon’s comments about Krum. No, there aren’t more cows than people here. Surprisingly, however, Krum is a booming town. We’ve had to frantically expand schools to accomodate the growing amount of people.
    With the arising fame of Baylie comes endless amounts of unwanted chatter. We’re not trying to give Krum a bad name, rather give Baylie a good one. Afterall, that’s what southern hospitality is right?

15. Anonymous Says:
    June 24th, 2007 at 3:24 pm

BAYLIE ALREADY HAS AN ALBUM OUT CALLED BIG TROUBLE YOU STUPID RETARDS

16. iqkeodn onbf Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 5:21 am

eiaqgwrfj imstknga kazfq qnedrait fvedwgap bpoxzce knofwtmd

17. bjtczonk awjnqp Says:
    August 2nd, 2007 at 5:21 am

ukvsfhd hupa kmfpur vkbfyh prim sjrgla libfewms http://www.lutdgonwe.kbhsrc.com

18. Nice site! But your design is not good Says: