Jeff Foxworthy To Host Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader

February 11, 2007 12:15 AM by Joe Reality

Laughs might outnumber correct answers when comedian Jeff Foxworthy
enrolls as host of the new FOX quiz show ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th
GRADER? Classes commence with half-hour preview premieres Tuesday, Feb.
27 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, Feb. 28 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT),
and full one-hour episodes airing after AMERICAN IDOL on Thursdays,
March 1 and 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The show will lead off the night
on Thursdays, March 15 and 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Foxworthy will be at the head of the class as this atypical game show measures adults’ lack of knowledge – as revealed by how much they’ve forgotten since grammar school. Grownups will again find themselves in a classroom setting, revisiting their youth, as they tackle subjects they’ve already been taught, ranging from art to geography and math to social studies. In ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?, however, the players are not alone and there is a way for contestants to “cheat” in this classroom. The adults will have the opportunity to get some help – in the form of elementary advice from real grade-schoolers who have hit the books.

“Jeff Foxworthy’s humor is an ideal complement to this family-friendly format,” said Executive Producer Mark Burnett. “I’m delighted that Jeff has agreed to come on board.”

Foxworthy, who has succeeded in the worlds of television and film, is the largest-selling comedy-recording artist in history. A multiple Grammy Award nominee and the bestselling author of more than 20 books, Foxworthy has also starred in all three “Blue Collar Comedy” tour movies. The 2006 soundtrack to Foxworthy’s “Blue Collar Comedy Tour: One for the Road” is nominated for a Grammy Award.

Mark Burnett Productions produces ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? in association with Zoo Productions. Burnett, Roy Bank, Barry Poznick and John Stevens serve as executive producers.

Topics: Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? |

6 Responses to “Jeff Foxworthy To Host Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader”

1. Katie Barry Says:
    February 27th, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Hi, I am a High School Junior at Fairhaven High School in Fairhaven Massachusetts. I watched your show tonight (Feb. 27) and I would like to inform you that I disagree with one of your answers. When you asked “What US president was impeached” and answered Andrew Johnson. I wanted to start by first saying yes, Andrew Johnson was impeached by NOT as a president, he was only impeached in the House of Representatives and then escaped the actual conviction by one vote in the Senate, therefore saving him from being impeached. I was just wondering if that was what you meant, and if so, could you please clarify that because I watch your show and answer the questions as well and it was bothering me that it said he had been impeached. I just wanted to point that out. Thank you! =)

2. M J-Francois Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 5:47 pm

I would like to enter my dad to be a contestant on, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader. I would also like any documents or information that could help me get him on. I was wondering if you can e-mail me all the documents, forms, names, addresses, phone numbers, ALL information necessary to apply.

MJF

3. dch Says:
    April 6th, 2007 at 10:54 am

OK… my mom and dad are both smarter than a fifth grader (me) so can u tell me how 2 enter the show? We could really use 100,000 dollars, so email watevah i need 2 enter them.

-dch

4. Sophia Pecci Says:
    April 10th, 2007 at 11:22 am

My family has had a black cloud above us since my Poppy died five years ago. We may lose our home but not because Mommy doesn’t do everything she can. I know my Mommy can win on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?, can you tell me how she can get on? Please help we could really use the winnings. Sophie : )

5. Sophie Says:
    April 10th, 2007 at 11:23 am

My email is Ponyboy178@gmail.com

6. Donna Doxtator Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 11:02 pm

How is your show “Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader” teelvised? On tonight’s episode (7/19) with the contestant Clay, I had to back up the tape to see if I was seeing properly. Clay had just finished answering a ques. with the aid of Marki. As she stepped down, Jeff turned to speak to Clay’s family in the audience. It was this shot that showed Kyle already up there as the next helper. When Jeff finished talking to the family, the podium was empty and Clay just then picked Kyle as the next helper. How did this happen?
    Donna
    P.S. I love the show and tape it each week so I won’t miss it. I’m 71 years old.

Comments