American Idol Top 40 Revealed

February 13, 2007 09:52 PM by Joe Reality

Idol_roomoneWhile cutting the usually stretched out American Idol Hollywood week
down to just one episode sounded like a good idea, the end result was a
fast paced show that saw many great performers cut with little to no
explanation.  While some of the contestants cut were actually being
shown on air for the first time, many surprising cuts were sentimental
favorites from the auditions rounds.

Some of the shocking eliminations of contestants featured in the audition episodes were Canadian born Jory Steinberg, once homeless Perla Meneses, Army Reservist Rachel Jenkins, Navy Intelligence Specialist Jarrod Fowler, second chance girl Ashley Carr, Rocky wannabe Porcelana Patino, best friend Amanda Coluccio, half of bother/sister duo Shyamali Malakar, returning Hollywood contestant Brian Miller, unsupported by parents Sarah Burgess, and also unsupported by parents Matt Sato.

However, the two most shocking eliminations of the night had to be city girl in the country Baylie Brown and Fidel Castro look-a-like Sean Michel.  Baylie impressed the judges in the solo auditions, but they quickly cut her when she forgot her words in the group auditions.  On the other hand, Sean Michel’s group audition wasn’t even shown.  All viewers know is Simon Cowell’s reaction saying it wasn’t exciting, and Sean talking about his throat being dry.

The episode moved so fast it was hard to keep track of who was staying and who was going.  In the end, the remaining sixty or so contestants were divided into three rooms.  Rooms one and two were told that they were moving forward to the top forty, while room three was cut.  We’re working up a list of the identities of the top forty which we will add to this post.  If you recognized anyone in the top two rooms, please post below.

Update: Contestants that we think we have identified in the two rooms moving on to the top forty so far are Chris Sligh, Thomas Daniels, Sundance Head, Antonella Barba, Sanjaya Malakar, Gina Glocksen, Matthew Buckstein, Blake Lewis, Rudy Cardenas, Melinda Doolittle, Paul Kim, Tami Gosnell, Anna Kearns, Brandon Rogers, Chris Richardson, Philip Stacy, Jordin Sparks, Nicholas Pedro, and Tom Lowe.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

28 Responses to “American Idol Top 40 Revealed”

1. Sue Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 10:43 pm

I was disappointed to see Baylie Brown eliminated in this round. She has good potential. Too bad that she forgot her lyrics. That’s what killed her chance. TRY again next year.

2. denise Says:
    February 13th, 2007 at 11:20 pm

did the opera girl make it? the show went so fast

3. Donna Lane Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:03 am

I don’t like anyone so far. I have yet to see anyone with the talent of a Carrie Underwood or a Kellie Pickler. Hopefully, someone I like soon will emerge or I may have to stop watching this season.

4. rk Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:04 am

What happened to Rachel Zevita the girl who can sing anything (Opera girl) I was looking forward to seeing her, I liked her eternal life song.

5. Donna Lane Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:07 am

And what’s with all the fat people going through? The last thing I want to watch is a whole show of Mandissas and Rubens.

6. Michelle Roe Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:11 am

They should give Baylie Brown a second chance , I have every season said who would win and she is in the top 3, what are they thinking. People may not watch. I have all my girls who love to sing and to see her taken off @?@#@#@#@#What a poor example , MIchelle & Family Canada BC

7. noname Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:13 am

Glad to see snobby Amanda go home…buh-bye! Hopefully Gina Glocksen goes next. These people don’t do themselves any favors if they get to the top 24 if half the country thinks they are beeotches…hello Brenna Gethers!

8. Sarah Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:59 am

Chris Sligh’s groups performance was AWESOME. I think they were all excellent.

9. Sarah Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:02 am

Does anyone know if Ebony Jointer, (the Car hop)made it through? I was suprised not to see more of her tonight.

10. Julia Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:42 am

Could someone tell me please what they said about Taylor Hicks at the opening of Idols. I only heard his name.
    Thanks

11. ME MYSELF AND I Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:23 am

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY that horrid Shakira wannabe got kicked off. She was totally annoying and way too full of herself. can you imagine a whole season of her yapping on endlessly like Mikahla???? As for Bailey, she deserved to get kicked off for not knowing her lyrics. How hard is it to remember a simple song like that? Is she doesn’t take this seriously she doesn’t deserve to be there. Sundance sucked tonight, why was he YELLING his song? Chill dude! That beatbox guy with the crazy punk hair is kinda growing on me, at least he’s not BORING.

12. Liz Finn-Arnold Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:28 am

Like you, I scanned the room for recognizable faces. You recognized more of them than I did. But I believe that Alaina Alexander (the girl who was going to quit in L.A.) and Haley Scarnato (the girl in the sexy black dress during auditions) also made it through.

It would be nice if Idol gave us a complete list of the top 40 at the end of the episode.

13. Steve Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:43 am

Saw on another site that the opera girl, Rachel Zevita, did not make it(she was in the 2nd line of the night and was gone then).

14. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:19 am

I hope the snobby girl with the black hair that was in the
    group with the Shakira wannabe gets booted if she hasn’t already.
    I think I saw her in the first room near the climax of the show.
    She comes off as a total asshole.

Baylie got eliminated? Hunh…
    I think she deserves another chance. Her first Hollywood performance was great.

15. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:20 am

And Rachel Zevita didn’t make it?!
    Aw, that’s a shame, although we didn’t see her performance, so I don’t know whether she deserved to go or not.

16. Packrat Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:32 pm

Jimmy McNeal from Waxahatchie Texas made it. Go Jimmy!

17. Mary Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

What happened to Sarah Krueger? Did she make it through to the next round or is she gone?

18. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 3:30 pm

I think Sarah got eliminated in the first round…sorry if you’re a fan of hers.
    They should’ve made this episode AT LEAST an hour and a half long. It seemed a bit rushed.

19. tony Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 4:31 pm

What happened to the girl from Madison. Wi?

20. Matt Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 5:18 pm

I really liked Lakisha Jones and Tatiana McConnico. I know during the deliberation for the final cut the girls loved Tatianna, and I think I saw Lakisha in a yes room. If anyone knows anything more, lemme know.

21. Matt Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 5:45 pm

No wait, I’m pretty sure I saw Tatianna in room 2 walking in at the same time as Tami Gosnell

22. May Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 6:04 pm

I gotta let you know right now:
    The producers of my show (I aint gonna tell you what show it is)are working on an episode that makes fun of Melinda Doolittle, Jason Sundance Head, Antonella Barba, Gina Glocksen and Anna Kearns.
    Here’s there reasons:
    Melinda- She’s a fag;F*** it! I don’t F****** care. She’s a transfit (That’s what Pumkin called New York on Flavor of Love)that’s all I think of her at this Point.
    Jason- He’s a fat ass F****** alien. He’s a ho!
    Antonella- She’s F****** like Michelle of “Top Model”! Antonella’s gay!
    Gina- She is a F****** B*tch! She’s snobby! She’s a skank as well.
    Anna-She’s a giant! I bet cha she won’t make it to the top 24.

23. idol Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:02 pm

^Above Comment^

…?

Anyway, does anyone from the East Coast who made the Top 24?

24. stupididol Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:04 pm

…Sorry, I meant does anyone from the East coast know who made the Top 24 yet?

25. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:52 pm

Who’s the girl that sang “Whipping Post” in the auditions? Did she make it?

26. Anonymous Says:
    February 25th, 2007 at 10:35 am

I was so mad to see that Sanjaya’s sister didn’t make it because I thought she was really good. Even though I think Sanjaya is better I thought she should of made it to the top 24. I was really made that Antonella made it through because I don’t like her and she is so mean to all the other contestants. I hope we will say bye-bye to her soon.

27. Mike Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 2:54 am

I wish Sanjaya will go home this week his not deserve to be in the competition.

28. May Says:
    March 14th, 2007 at 6:17 pm

The producers of my show (SNL) would like to appollogize to Gina Glocksen for their threat to poke fun at her. They say she’s a good singer. OK.

Comments