American Idol Top Twenty Four Reveals Several New Faces

February 14, 2007 10:07 PM by Joe Reality

Americanidol6_toptwentyfourThe American Idol Top Twenty-Four episode opened with forty contestants nervously waiting to find out their fates.  As is tradition with the show, the contestants rode an elevator up to sit in a chair in front of the three American Idol judges to find out if they had made the top twenty-four.

As is also tradition, the judges mercilessly toyed with the contestants and tried to make the ones that had made it through think that they had been eliminated.  The contestants that actually got eliminated were Anna Kearns, Bernard Williams, Eric Davis, Tami Gosnell, Jimmy McNeal, Errick Johnson, Thomas Lowe, Olivia Quiba-Hurst, Tatiana McConnico, Monique Vieras, Jerome Chism, Joelle James, Matthew Buckstein, Princess Johnson, Marisa Rhodes, and Thomas Daniels.

The contestants that made it through to the top twenty-four were Sanjaya Malakar, Alaina Alexander, Melinda Doolittle, Brandon Rogers, Gina Glocksen, Haley Scarnato, Phil Stacy, Chris Sligh, Blake Lewis, Rudy Cardenas, A.J. Tabaldo, Stephanie Edwards, Leslie Hunt, Nicholas Pedro, Chris Richardson, Sabrina Sloan, Lakisha Jones, Paul Kim, Jordin Sparks, Nicole Tranquillo, Jared Cotter, Amy Krebs, Antonella Barba, and Sundance Head.

While there were several familiar faces among the top twenty-four contestants, the most shocking thing was that there were also several new faces that had not been featured during the audition episodes.  It will be interesting to see if the contestants that are being introduced to America for the first time will be able to catch up in building a fan following or if they will be the first eliminated.

Reality TV Magazine is your source for American Idol news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

45 Responses to “American Idol Top Twenty Four Reveals Several New Faces”

1. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:15 pm

W O W !! Antonella Barba in? and that other girl out?? Screwed UP!

Antonella crumbled her words in the groups and they said the other girl ‘was the best we’ve heard tonight’.

Who’d she do?

2. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:15 pm

So Antonella and Gina made it…
    Not good.
    I see some unworthies in the group. Vote For the Worst is probably pleased.
    Still, there’s Chris, Paul Kim, Melinda, and Jordin that made it!
    Happy!
    As for Sundance, I’m undecided. He did so good in his audition, yet really sucked in most of the Hollywood songs. We’ll see how he does.

3. Donna Lane Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:19 pm

Is that the TOP 24 or an ad for Weight Watchers? Too many fat people in the group. This has got to be the most boring group I’ve ever seen. And almost all are fat ugly monsters. I think I will skip this year- none of these people interest me.

4. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:29 pm

I can already imagine someone bashing Chris Sligh on an Idol message board (or this column here…wait, Donna Lane already basically has. Oops.) when he makes the Top 12, and pissing off many fans in the process.

5. Sarah C. Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:40 pm

I’m shocked! What happened to the car hops? I can’t believe some of the people they put through.
    At least Chris Sligh is still around for entertainment!

6. WHAT A BUNCH OF POSERS Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

What happened to Sean Michel???? Ya know the Castro guy? Didn’t even see him perform. Why do people just disappear into thin air like that? And I HATED that black guy that walked in with Sundance…really, what an as*hole.

Why did Simon let the Justin Timberlake clone though? I thought he was looking for ORIGINALITY.

7. A Fan Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:57 pm

What Happened To Jimmy McNeal?…Did He do really bad or what? i thought he was gonna go on to win

8. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:15 pm

Lakisha go gurl i hope you make it all the way. But Im mad that Antonella made it i think that other gurl should have made it. and sundance better step it up i think the other guy should have made it but i guess.

9. bill Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:38 pm

what happened to the opera girl from NYC? This show sucks

10. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:50 pm

AI doesn’t look for “true” talent, but a little puppet they can use to get more money, a.k.a. a product.

11. Monty Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 12:04 am

I can’t believe that they got rid of Tami Gosnell, Anna Kearns, and Tatianna. What is up with this 24? the good thing is that I don’t see a clear winner yet. This means that the competition should be tough. Everyone should bring their “A” game. Let’s hope that it happens.

12. Tessa Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 12:27 am

Go Nicole!

13. Psychic Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 1:08 am

I’m telling you right now the beatbox guy will WIN. He’s the only one out of this lot that is doing anything ORIGINAL. He’s not the best singer I ever heard but he’s different and that’s what it’s all about. Melinda Doolittle and Beatbox boy will be top 2. The others are all forgetable….

14. Booooooooo! Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 1:12 am

Wow. So Sundance Head, who has already established himself as a one trick pony who chokes under any strain, gets a pass, while Thomas Daniels, a classic soul singer with notable tone, control, and style, and oh, by the way, he’s black, gets the boot??? And they make a point to showcase this in the final head to head elimination?? So they’re TRYING to make themselves out as racist? KMA AmeriKKKan Idol.

15. DISAPPOINTED Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 1:31 am

what happened to that girl Ebony on the rollerskates. I don’t think they showed her at all! I thought she was the best!

16. myspace blogger Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 2:17 am

My readers can not stand this Antonella girl. She apparently has alot of enemies. My readers actually have a petition going to benefit “Baylie” because this Antonella girl forgot her words and was not let go. She can’t even sing and is pretty much a backstabber from what I have seen on her friends myspace pages. I will post everything the week she goes on so people don’t vote for her. Really, this year is totally rigged if they kepted her!Things will catch up to her,Also, people are upset with the whole Anna Kerns thing…Why did Anotonella(or whatever her name is) kept and Anna kicked off? Geeze?

17. Conner Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 2:32 am

Nicole was AWESOME!!!! why haven’t they show more of her? I think her 30 seconds were better then most of the others

18. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:24 am

Yeah, “the opera girl from NYC” (Rachel Zevita)..what did happen to her?? And what about that young lady from the first episode who sang “Over The Rainbow” (perhaps even better that Katherine McPhee actually did it)??

19. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:26 am

20. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:27 am

21. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:29 am

Yeah…what happened to Ebony (one of the three “roller skate” girls)? Last I saw, she was regarded as one of the best. I liked her a lot, also. Between Sundance and Thomas Daniels…I thought Thomas had the better voice…definitely. Maybe it was just as well. I don’t know if his attitude was right for AI. But he is the better vocalist. And Marisa, I believe, should have stayed over Antonella.

22. David M Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:31 am

Rachel Zevita & Sarah Kruger were soo robbed..i mean they didnt even get 1 second of air time..and why in the world did they CUT Tami Gosnell i mean she was a real stand out..and why in the world Is Anteonella ( is it me or is she just forgeting the words to every song she sings) Alina and Sundance still there..and to think they cut bailey for screwing up once..when these ppl just keep screwing it up for themselves yet they keep getting trough..I Want Rachel Sean Tami & Sarah Back

23. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:52 am

(Re: the 2/15 posting, 7:29 AM) I couldn’t agree more. I REALLY thought I’d be seeing Sarah Kruger in the competition.

24. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 8:27 am

Who was the girl that sang “Whipping Post” in the auditions? Did she make it?

25. WINNIE Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 9:14 am

THIS IS THE WORST BUNCH OF SINGERS. THEY WERE MUCH TOO HASTY THIS YEAR AND LET MANY OF THE GOOD ONES GO. WHAT THAT BIG FAT OLD LADY IS DOING IN THE BUNCH IS BEYOND MY REALM OF REASONING…SURELY THEY DONT CONSIDER HER “MARKETABLE”, AS SIMON SAID BAYLIE WAS. SUNDANCE?? THAT WITCH ANTONINELLA OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS CAN GO TO THE DEVIL. BRING BAYLIE BACK.

26. WINNIE Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 9:14 am

27. WINNIE Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 9:16 am

28. annie Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 9:32 am

I wonder what the contestants will do to distinguish themselves. Right now, most of them look and sound like three or four stereotypes of past performers. I mean, the heavy people with good voices, the anorexic looking girls, the experienced (older) men, the kids.
    Will they be different enough to really care who wins?

29. Shawnta Sharpe Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 11:20 am

BRING BAYLIE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Shawnta Sharpe Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 11:20 am

BRING BAYLIE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Kevin Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 4:15 pm

Why Bring Baylie back? Who knows if she can sing, she sang like 2 words since she forgot the song. Also Antonella Barba was better than her trained friend. The trained friend forgot lyrics during the group performances as well. She had to go.

32. Jonathon Yoon Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 6:46 pm

Go Antonella!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. NJE Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:12 pm

I know it’s early, but I have a prediction for the results of this season. Here it goes:

Top 24 (in no particular order):
    Jared Cotter
    A.J. Tabaldo
    Amy Krebs
    Antonella Barba (since no one seems to like her)

Top 20 (again, no particular order):

12)Jordin Sparks
    11)Chris Richardson
    10)Alaina Alexander
    9)Lakisha Jones
    8)Blake Lively
    7)Gina Glocksen
    6)Leslie Hunt (she was in the commercials but they didn’t show her audition)
    5)Paul Kim
    4)Sundance Head (this season’s shocker)
    3)Sanjaya Malakar
    2)Melinda Doolittle
    1)Chris Sligh

34. Amy Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 12:10 am

hmmm. Antonella Barba? Didn’t she and her friend say “God likes good people? and that’s why Baylie didn’t make it” that is just the wrong thing to say – what that means is you are leaving in Round 1. I can’t believe she made it and so many others didn’t. She must really have something something that we didn’t see.

35. TOO MANY FUGLY PEOPLE THIS YEAR Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 1:08 am

These people are all UGLY. None of the guys are remotely attractive and none of the girls are all that. How boring. No gorgeous girls like year’s past (Carrie, Kat, Kelly, ect) and no hot guys (Ace, Constantine,). Why the heck did they let all the good looking people with voices go? That Asian guy can’t sing for sh*t and he doesn’t change his underwear…EWWWWWWWWWWW.

36. mil Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 11:36 am

Not that looks are important…but Rudy Cardenas is cute. I think they just picked a group of people with the same kind of look so that’s why nobody stands out.

37. Sarah C. Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 12:38 pm

The Whipping post girl did not make it through. Her name is Tami gosnell.

38. Sarah C. Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 12:40 pm

The roller skater is Ebony Jointer and the only reason I can think of that she disapeared is perhaps because she was a member of the Lingerie Football Team and they didn’t think that fit the image of AI?

39. barb cast Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Why is everyone so negative. Saying people are fat, ugly, that is absolutely ignorant. First of all its a contest that a million people try out for. They pick who they pick. The racist comment from Psychic is the most racist comment I have heard, mentioning the KKK. Your an idiot. Grow up. You know what they say: If you dont like it, dont watch it.

40. barb cast Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 9:47 pm

sorry it was not Psychic it was Boooooo. Go figure.

41. Anonymous Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 10:03 pm

Mil:
    Thanks for the reply regarding Tami. I’m sorry she didn’t make it.

42. Anonymous Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 10:07 pm

I mean…”Sarah C.”….thanks for the info on Tami Gosnell.

43. Anonymous Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 10:10 pm

I trust it will be a good competition. But I will miss people like Sarah Krueger, Ebony, Tami Gosnell, and Rachel Zevita. I really thought they were good. Thomas Daniels, I believe, outsang Sundance; but I like Sundance’s attitude better. We’ll see (yet, already starting out on a bit of a sad note for me).

44. NJE Says:
    February 17th, 2007 at 8:21 pm

In my prediction, I made a mistake.
    For some reason, I called Blake Lewis Blake “Lively” (from Accepted, and is a girl). Sorry!

45. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says:
    October 10th, 2007 at 2:32 pm

So Antonella and Gina made it…
    Not good.