Should American Idol Bring Back Baylie Brown?

February 14, 2007 12:38 AM by Joe Reality

Bayliebrown_cutWhile there were a lot of unexplained cuts of audition round favorites
due to the short nature of the American Idol Hollywood week show, there
is one contestant in particular whose cut actually was explained that
has American Idol fans in an uproar.  During her Hollywood week solo
audition, sixteen year old Baylie Brown sang “Stronger” by Faith Hill,
a performance which won congratulations from the judges.

During the group auditions, Baylie Brown wound up in a group with best friends Antonella Barba and Amanda Coluccio who had trouble deciding on a song.  After they finally selected a song, Amanda left to go hang out with some boys, and the group cut its practice short.  During the group performance, the lack of practice cost Baylie Brown, and she forgot her words.  After the American Idol judges cut Baylie, she tearfully told the cameras, “And I probably worked the hardest out of both of them, I’m not even lying.  I didn’t stay up and flirt with guys, and I tried to learn my song.”

Immediately after the show, requests started appearing on the official American Idol message boards to bring Baylie Brown back.  Many posters seemed to feel that Baylie Brown didn’t get a fair shake with her group and that the judges should have kept her around based on her solo performance.

Outraged American Idol viewers who want Baylie Brown back might have a friend in American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe.  During a recent media conference call, Nigel Lythgoe revealed that his favorite had been cut from the competition.  Lythgoe said “There is one young lady in Hollywood who I would have said would have been in the top five this year that got cut purely and simply because she couldn’t remember her lyrics in a group.  She just “Ma, Ma, Ma,” for the whole of the song.  It broke my heart.  But they have to have reasons to cut you, and that was the reason that this young lady will disappear off the show.”

When asked to reveal who his favorite was, Lythgoe replied “I can’t name my favorite.  It is a girl; I’ve got to be honest with you.  Hopefully, she’ll come back next year.  I certainly don’t want to compromise her with anybody else if she comes back in further years.  ‘Wasn’t that Nigel’s favorite?  If she gets through It’ll be she gets through because she’s Nigel’s favorite.’  So I wouldn’t do that.”

When Baylie Brown was mentioned and Lythgoe was asked if his favorite contestant was from Texas, Lythgoe said “Hmm.  I really hope that – please trust me when I say that I don’t want to say anything regarding an individual, or name somebody, because it could affect them in the competition should they return.”

Based on Lythgoe’s earlier statement when he talks about someone returning to the competition, it sounds like he is talking about in future years of the competition.  However, there is always the possibility that someone might return this year due to the disqualification of another contestant.  So should American Idol bring back Baylie Brown?  Post your opinion below.

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
American Idol news.  For
other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

99 Responses to “Should American Idol Bring Back Baylie Brown?”

1. Sarah Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:56 am

I hated to see Baylie go, I do of course understand why. These contestants are expected to act like professionals, and they have to remember lyrics. I think they should give her another chance maybe during the wild card week.
    I think she will be successful anyway. She has a lot of talent!

2. Donna Lane Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:54 am

Have you lost your mind?!? NO!!! The only reason they should bring her back is if she wants to drive the bus to take them to the Idol set. Her obvious imitating of superstar Carrie Underwood made me sick to my stomach! How DARE she think she could EVER be anything like Carrie Underwood!! She made me want to throw up. I didn’t like her attitude and it made me wonder if she has Christ in her heart. The people who were cut tonight never should have made it to Hollywood in the first place. I think if that Matt Satos made it to the TOP 24, I would have to shoot myself in the head. Having to watch him prance around like a girl, I could barely keep the TV on. What was that red thing on his nose when he first auditioned? It was gross to look at it.

I just pray that Sundance Head and Chris Sigh are cut tomorrow. One fatbutt retard like Taylor Ick winning is already one too many. His album being a huge FLOP proves what a huge mistake that was. His sales are embarrassing!

But no, the fake blonde Baylie should not be allowed to sing again. In fact, she should be told never to sing again, PERIOD. She was awful!!

3. sharlene Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:38 am

I thought she was great!!! How the cowboy from last years threesome got through over her is beyond me?! Nothing wrong with a second chance…

4. azmus Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 3:41 am

ofcourse bring her back! it is unfair when a real talent is denied!

5. Jhan Stevens Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 5:04 am

The release of Bailey was an outrage, and that’s why they did it. This is tv folks–they need RATINGS. They do idiotic things. If their objective is to get the best 12 singers, then Bailey MUST BE WELCOMED BACK TO COMPETE FAIRLY. The whole group thing is a farce in the first place–how many times have we seen this by now? Only in the past, they HAVE let people through based on their individual performances even when their group performances were weakened by obviously inferior and less talented grouop members (which reminds me, how in the world did the other two in Bailey’s group get through?? arg!! OUTRAGE!!)

6. K Lane Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 5:38 am

It isn’t only Bailey, but this audition round seemed terribly unfair to other participants as well. I have absolutely no confidence that only the better singers were retained. Requiring someone to sing a song with which they are not familiar, with something they do not know, and with only a short time to prepare will not produce consistent and reliable results. What are the show disigners thinking about anyway? This time they have their heads where the sun don’t shine. This is by far my favorite TV show, but this is/was the worst, most unfair, episode yet.

7. Toocherie Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 7:03 am

Baylie should not come back this year. Part of being in entertainment is being able to “go with the flow” and learn lyrics or dance steps or what have you–often in a short amount of time. That is what this part of the competition was about–can the contestant stand the pressure? Baylie, at 16, is obviously too young at this point. Whether there was a group practice or not she could have stayed up by herself and memorized the lyrics. She cannot blame her teammates for forgetting her own lyrics. She has no one to blame but herself. But she does have a good voice and I think she should try again next year. (On a catty note, I was really glad when the one girl of the “best friends” got cut–she was obnoxious!)

8. C Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 8:43 am

It was VERY clear that Bailey was ‘screwed’ from the getgo when she hooked up with the two bimbos.

She’s nice .. they’re not. They totally sabotaged her chance …. bashing every move she made .. and arguing so much.

It was very clear why Bailey messed up …. she needs to be given a chance without vindictive bimbos screwing her.

9. Diane Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 8:47 am

From the moment I heard Baylie sing I thought she is going to the top. Unfortunatly the poor girl did forget her words but with her talent she deserves another chance and if you google Baylie Brown it seems like she already has an album. Which I will be buying today…

10. Diane Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 8:49 am

11. Stephanie Brooks Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 9:18 am

Yes, please bring Baylie back! Yes, she forgot (or didn’t learn) her words but someone with talent such as hers should be given a second chance! Please, please, please bring her back to AI (if there is a disqualification, etc). I am confident if it doesn’t work out for her this season, we will see her again. She’s so talented! I would also buy her album if it came out today! Love that girl!

12. MURPH Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 9:36 am

I THINK IT STINKS THAT BAILEY WAS CUT AND ONE OF THE OTHER GIRLS IN HER GROUP MADE THE LAST CUT. COMPARED TO HER, BOTH THOSE GIRLS WERE AWFUL. SHE NOT ONLY GOT A RAW DEAL FROM THOSE 2 BUT ALSO FROM THE JUDGES.
    B R I N G B A I L E Y B A C K

13. Ryno Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 9:41 am

Yes bring her back. She has a real talent and cool, unique sounding voice. So far this season she seems to be in a league of her own, compared to the rest of the talent.

14. algae Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:16 am

bring her back! she was great. one of the few standouts! the whole abbreviated manner in which many were cut was ridiculous. how can you get a sense of what anyone is capable of? these aren’t professionals who can spin on a dime and be perfect everytime, and that’s the whole point of the show: to see people develop and grow, but you have to at least give the talented ones a chance in the first place.

15. tony tone Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:40 am

no no no , she does not belong back, this is a competition and there are rules, the rules was do not forget your lines. she definitely she be gone, she did not know a line when it was her time to sing in the group.
    she can come back next year and try it again. bye bye bailey honestlty you did not do what you needed to do to go to the next round.
    next year when she matures, she might be able to come back, the other girls were not the reason she lost, so it was not unfair. she forgot her lyrics, so she got the boot that is fair

16. Yelarie Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:51 am

I think they should give her another shot. At least she WAS trying, unlike her ‘groupmate’ Amanda (who I am happy to see got the boot!). I understand that they need to remember lyrics, and do their best, and I can imagine how embarassed she was, but some of the ones they let through are so much worse than her. I don’t understand how they think sometimes. Oh yea, as someone else mentioned..they just do it for ratings.

17. Dan Orris Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:00 am

Baylie is talented. You can’t argue that point if you are being rational. The judges warned all the contestants before they started not to forget the words, and every year there are people sent home for that reason. For whatever reason, Baylie forgot the words. It’s that simple. I don’t understand why Amanda didn’t go right then and there as well because she clearly didn’t know all the words. At 16 years of age, Baylie will be back, and hopefully will have learned a lesson. As for this year, she committed the sin and they were justified in sending her home. I’ll look forward to seeing her next year.

18. Taegekwe Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:30 am

The rules were “do not forget your lines”. I really thought Bailey was good also, but if they brought Bailey back, the other’s that were dropped for forgetting their lines, should also be given another chance.

19. Taegekwe Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:33 am

20. julie howard Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:02 pm

I agree Bailey got a VERY RAW DEAL!! those two girls she got stuck with did her no good at all. I say bring Bailey back and give her a second chance! I think we could all be surprised at what she could accomplish from this show. As far as her trying to be like Carrie Underwood, there will NEVER be another Carrie Underwood. Bailey can set her own course and be her own person if given the right opportunity!

21. Amye Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:17 pm

No. She’s only 16. Time enough later. The reason Hollywood week is so hard is to see if the contestants have what it takes. If Bailey can’t learn an easy song like that or realize the need that she had to practice her lines instead of sleeping the night away, then she’s not ready. Being 16, she needs more maturity. Wait until she’s 18. She’s got plenty of time.

22. Trace Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Oh please… she was such a Pickler-Underwood carbon copy. there was nothing unique or unusual about her at all. she was pretty – that’s it! It really ticked me off when earlier in the audition rounds, they cut a few promising people because they were not unique. they sang great – but was missing that X-factor. but they put through bailey blonde with praise that she is commercial, that she looks like so and so. basically cookie-cutter pop star. where is the justice in that? keep her gone! i for one am quite sick of the blue-eyed, platinum blonde, white girl with the soulful voice pop singer.

23. mikko Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 12:29 pm

i agree! i am quite sick of the country-warblers on this show. let her go try out on nashville stars. this is suppose to be POP music, not rock, not country. i would prefer to hear someone rap on than to bear another country superstar wannabe. at least rap has a bit more POPularity than country.

24. timmy Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:17 pm

she was good. but get real. she MESSED up. she forgot the words. as a singing professsional, that is a definite no-no. this is american idol. you gotta shine when it’s your time. ha.

25. timmy Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:18 pm

26. AmericanIdol6.Com Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:27 pm

It is television, plain and simple. I personally think the whole thing was staged, I think they told her at 16 she wouldn’t make it all the way and they made a deal with her to drop her early as the big surprise so they can bring her back next year. Compelling drama, because EVERYONE will remember the little blond from Texas next year.

27. M Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 1:56 pm

I’m not a huge country fan, but I thought Bailey was great! I honestly thought we’d be seeing a lot of Baylie this season. BOOOOO to Randy, Paula, and Simon.

28. Valerie Fowler Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Yes, bring Bailey back. She is very good, If not great. I really thought she would be in the top 10. I was shocked that she did not go through to the next round and so was the rest of my family watching.

29. sanyc Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Idol should trade out Amanda C. for Baylie. Amanda is nasty and will get cut in the next round. Baylie can make top 5 and get a record deal. The show is about selling cd’s and endorsements, Baylie can do that Amanda can’t.

30. Snowman Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:25 pm

BRING HER BACK. She is awesome and cutting her is a huge mistake

31. Anonymous Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:25 pm

TO TRACE:

black much?

32. Jodi Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:53 pm

I think Baylie Brown should get another chance.

33. deb Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Although Baylie was good and the producers want us to feel sorry for her, she knew the rules – Don’t forget the words. While the team she was with couldn’t pick out a song right away, she could have spent her own time learning her words and put more into herself than the group. If you are out on the web you will see that she has been promoted since she was 13 and made an album. She has plenty of time to either come back to American Idol or do something else.

34. hypocritesuck Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 3:17 pm

” I didn’t like her attitude and it made me wonder if she has Christ in her heart”. Wow, Donna Lane. You question whether she has Christ in her heart, then follow through with insulting, mean spirited bile about her and other contestants? It’s pretty obvious that Christ is not in YOUR heart…..unless I missed the part of the New Testament where Jesus calls people “Ick” and “Fat Butt”….I’m sure that there but for the Grace of God go you, since you are clearly a much much more talented singer than any of them, right?

35. Bob Williford Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 3:22 pm

Just go buy her album. It’s in the Wal-Mart called “Makeup tears smeared my face.”

36. jboss Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 3:48 pm

My boss loves AI. And my boss loved Bailey Brown. So, I’m all for bringing her back… for the sake of my boss.

37. AJ Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 4:51 pm

Baylie’s voice had depth, a distinct quality way beyond her years. As a concert promoter, I would hire her. I could see her as a Christian artist. She would be a star . . .

38. Jon E Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 5:34 pm

Bring Baylie Brown Back!

Baylie did screw up by getting together the two bimbos, but this is an individual contest and I don’t care for the group thing. Give her the chance to fail on her own.

39. Jennifer Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Baylie Brown should be called back by American Idol. The girls she was grouped with were unkind. First, they couldn’t decide on a song. Then, the one cut practice short to flirt with the guys. And lastly, Baylie asked to practice her part and the girls denied her that chance. Not fair! American Idol needs to review the tapes and bring her back! If they don’t I’m afraid they are making a HUGE mistake.

40. Jennifer Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 6:39 pm

41. Makaehla Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 6:45 pm

I’m a HUGE fan of Baylie Brown! If the judges don’t bring her back this year, I refuse to watch American Idol this season. The two girls were extremely selfish. Baylie deserves a second chance! She’s cute and the girl can sing! The judges gave other’s second and third chances, Baylie is MORE than deserving of another chance! BRING BAYLIE BACK THIS SEASON!

42. Stephanie Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 6:50 pm

I am a fan of Baylie Brown! She should be brought back to American Idol this season. I think the two girls were so mean to Baylie because they were thinking only of themselves. Baylie was not rude in any way. While they argued Baylie quietly waited for decisions to be made. She was easy to please and seemed to be a genuine girl. Baylie Brown is a good person and God loves her! That is why people are outraged by Baylie’s cut and you’re not hearing anything good about Amanda (one of the girls in Baylie’s group). AMERICAN IDOL, PLEASE BRING BAYLIE BACK THIS SEASON!

43. P. Spears Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 7:12 pm

Baylie was really good and I had hoped to see
    her move on to the finals… Simon, Randy, &
    Paula should realize that noteveyone in the US
    likes screaming pop music.. I am surprised that
    Carrie Underwood or Kellie Pickler, (even though they are both wonderful) got past the judges who seem to HATE country music..

Baylie got with the wrong group, who wasn’t serious about anything but having fun with guys
    and got ousted…Bless her heart, it’s not fair. She is so good… I hope she gets noticed by someone big in the music business and goes to the top. She wasn’t judged on her own accord and the other girls messed her up.
    STICK IN THERE BAYLIE AND GO FAR..

44. JEWEL Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 7:22 pm

I THINK THE JUDGES ARE RUSHING THINGS THIS YEAR AND NOT GIVING THE CONTESTANTS A CHANCE
    TO SHINE ON THEIR OWN…
    WONDER HOW THEY WOULD LIKE IT IF THEIR RATINGS STARTING DROPPING.
    I WORE THE SKIN OFF MY FINGERS VOTING FOR TAYLOR AND KELLIE LAST YEAR AND CARRIE THE YEAR BEFORE BUT I MAY START WATCHING SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD….

BAYLIE GOT A RAW DEAL….

45. Rita Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 8:15 pm

If Baylie had the conviction to do so, she could have learned the words to the song in spite of the two bimbos she ended up with. Her two partners were very mean spirited and I’m sure they were very intimidated by Baylie’s voice so they weren’t willing to help her learn the song. I don’t believe it would be fair to bring Baylie back this year. She already has a CD out and with the AI exposure, I’m certain she will do okay on her own.

46. kadjonwill Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 10:18 pm

I was just horrified that Antonella made it through to the top 24. I was hoping she’d wind up with the “god likes good people” trash out on her butt.

Of COURSE they should bring back Baylie!! She did NOT get a fair shot. The sooner Antonella gets elimated the better!!!!

47. Jacqueline Rose Says:
    February 14th, 2007 at 11:05 pm

BRING BACK BAILEY BROWN!!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS AN AMAZING VOICE & I DO NOT THINK SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT, I TRULY BELIEVE SHE HAS POTENTIAL TO GO SO FAR. SO PLEASE BRING HER BACK. SHE FOUGHT HARD FOR THIS & SHE DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE. I WAS SO MAD WHEN THEY CUT HER. BAILEY YOU HAVE MY VOTE & GOD BLESS YOU, GOD WILL MAKE THE WAY IF IT WAS MEANT TO BE. PLEASE BRING HER BACK.

48. Sasha Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 12:18 am

I absolutly love Baylie Brown! She was hands down the best singer on the show.I can garuntee she will make it farther than anyone on there now.

49. Emily Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 1:27 am

Yes, bring Baylie back…she’s great, and who cares if she is blonde??? She is still awesome. I think its hilarious how one of these posts says that American Idol is only about pop music, and it shouldnt be country or rock….HAHA….have you any sense? Lastly, I think its crap how these little girls from New Jersey say “God likes good people”…

50. Trace Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 6:19 am

TO racist Snowman:

it just so happens i am not black. but that has nothing to do with my dislike for baylie. i have nothing against country music eiter. in fact i own several CDs. my problem is the show pushing it as a pop contest but keeps shifting from that. so get yourself an education before you decide you want to be superior. and if i were black… what in the h*ll does that have to do with anything we are discussing here? its moronic statements like yours that just makes the internet not a fun place.

51. Cathy Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 12:36 pm

I think Baylie is good enough to get a contract with or without American Idol. I think it was a bad shake for her to be put in with the two best friends when one of them went off to flirt with boys instead of staying to practice. I’d like to see her come back. If there’s any voting, she has my vote to bring her back. If she doesn’t make it back on AI she shouldn’t give up. She will be a star one day. Country Music would love to have her.

52. Deb Nykamp Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 12:50 pm

There were other people who forgot the words and they made it through – one of the “best friends” I think – I forget her name. That is not fair. If they have a rule, they should have it for everybody. Bring Bailie back!!

53. Mark Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Yes they should bring Baylie back. She never had a chance with those two so called friends bickering and their catty behavior. Young Baylie is more talented than both of them and one of them made the final 24?

54. Lady LKB Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

No!!!! Bring Back SEAN MICHEL!
    That man can sing!

55. ash Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 3:30 pm

They need to bring her back. I know she forgot her words but if memory serves me correct, Carrie also didn’t know all the words to her song when she was at this stage in the competition and now look at her. I think Baylie deserves a second chance, she is obviously already a fan favorite. It was disappointing to see her go.

56. Glenio Alexandre Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 3:36 pm

Are you drunk? She deserves another chance!!!

57. hi Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 7:01 pm

outraged doesnt even begin to describe how i felt when baylee got cut. i would’ve voted for her until i lost my voice. everyone i talked to wanted her to win so she could have very easily. kick out somebody like sundance head. he messed up lots and it wasnt baylees fault!!!!!!!1

58. Anonymous Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 8:11 pm

Yes! Bring her back! I loved her. Simon tells it how it is and even he saide she is commercial with a capital C.

59. Melbelle Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 1:35 am

DOES ANYONE REALIZE THAT STUPID AMANDA FORGOT HER WORDS TOO??

How come amanda made it through to the next round (I know she didn’t make it passed that day later on) but still, Antonella is the only one that remembered her words, so if they were playing by the ‘rules’ how come they both made it through?!?!?!?!?! But not Baylie?

Baylie was the only one with the strength in her voice. yes she forgot her words, so there is always next year. but still, pissed about amanda..

60. Eileen Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 11:02 am

Baylie is a fantastic singer and I think she got a raw deal…Simon said she was great at her audition.I think she deserves another chance because of the other 2 girls she got stuck with.

61. Linda Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 4:59 pm

Absolutely, they should bring Baylie Brown back. First off, being paired with 2 best friends was the wrong thing to do. She has the girl nextdoor quality, so sweet – like Carrie Underwood – and I think she’s adorable. I watched an interview on the Morning Show with Mike and Juliet (I think that’s the name of it) and they are buying her a ticket to come and sing LIVE on their show. She got snowed in the other day, so didn’t appear, but she’ll be on there. I hope she gets lots of attention and doesn’t need to go to IDOL next year. There was a guy who forgot his words and he got through – I can’t think of his name. Not fair.

62. chloe Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 5:27 pm

she was my favourite, please bring her back

63. Kandy Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 7:39 pm

Bailey, at least, was someone memorable. Pretty much, all of your contestants this year only earn a stifled yawn. I miss American Idol of years gone past when contestants stood out in the beginning of the show. Now, they are all “wanna-be’s” and have faces and voices and personalities, that frankly, I really don’t care about. Is this truly your top 24? During every other season, by this time in the competition, I had already chosen my favorite competitor. Now, I couldn’t even tell one from the other if they were all in a police line-up. Ho-hum…ho-drum…this will truly prove to be a pretty boring year. So far, I’m not impressed. Oh, well…..

64. kellie Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 7:53 pm

she was my favorite…i say give her another chance!! :)

65. kellie Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 7:55 pm

she was my favorite…i looked forward to watching idol because of her…she had a unique voice…i say give her another chance!! :)

66. Lynn Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 8:01 pm

I think Bailey Brown was great!! I think they should bring her back. Go Bailey!!!

67. Unkie Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 8:22 pm

Being a former Recording engineer for RCA records NY, Baylie has a big “C” factor, and will go far. Secondly I’m from Antonella’s area and had the opertunity to judge her in local talent shows. She’s VERY good. Amanda on the other hand is the bad one and I think Antonella should break free. If you really look at the videos while off stage, you will see that Antonella was stunned as many of us were. No one should compare Baylie to Ms Pickler or Ms Underwood. All 3 are unique in their own right. Baylie will bounce back I have no dought. If I were still in the Recording business, I would snap her up in a heart beat. She’s that good.

Ernie

68. Lark Says:
    February 16th, 2007 at 8:25 pm

Heck yes! Baylie was the best contestant on that show! She deserves another shot! It was really a shame that she had to go, because even though she blanked out, she has /amazing/ talent. It just doesn’t seem right to watch her walk away from the show. And Baylie was, no doubt, my favorite contestant. She was the only one I could remember and just seemed to be miles ahead of the other contestants.

B.R.I.N.G. B.A.Y.L.I.E. B.A.C.K.

69. Brownie Derbie Says:
    February 17th, 2007 at 3:11 am

a pretty girl, but she came across as a phoney, the very opposite of the real and genuinely likeable Kellie Picklar and Carrie Underwood. She reminded me of the pretty girl in high school who was in reality mean and fake. If she can’t remember lyrics to an easy song she’s just not ready for AmIdol. It was then really classless to then slam her partners as slutty, as they made her forget the words, the incompetant always blame others, and it made me like her much less.

70. Shane Says:
    February 17th, 2007 at 9:13 am

I was really disappointed that Baylie was cut, she was my favorite through audtion week. I told my wife that maybe they would bring her back for a wild card. Hopefully they give her that chance and she makes the best of it!

71. Swizzle Says:
    February 17th, 2007 at 10:36 am

Oh gosh, Baylie was the best out of any of the contestants. I don’t watch AI much anymore, but I know an awesome singer when I see one. When my friend told me the news over MSN, I couldn’t believe it.

To me, if Baylie came back as a wild card, the show could be a lot more successful.

72. Jazzin Says:
    February 17th, 2007 at 2:40 pm

Bailey is a real talent. It is understandable that she was cut because she didn’t sing enought to be judged. It’s a real shame. I felt for her. With that said, yes, she forgot her words, but give a break. Her previous performances were very good, showing her potential. After all, her team-mates took undue, precious time deciding on a song, while other contendors were using that time to practice. Bailey should definately be given a 2nd chance and be brought back as the wild-card contestant. This would make the competition much more exciting. If all else fails, Bailey should not let this discourage her from trying again next year. Her time for success is coming. Keep your head up, Bailey and display perserverance. You have alot of good years ahead of you.

73. Abby Says:
    February 17th, 2007 at 2:58 pm

Why don’t they do an early vote? Since the producer doesn’t want to be blamed for bringing her back why don’t they let America vote on whether she deserves another chance? The group auditions are silly anyways, after all this is a solo competition, not a group deal. Baylie deserves another chance; she was by far the best female vocalist!!! BRING BAYLE BACK! LET AMERICA VOTE!

74. amanda Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 1:26 am

i have heard baylie sing ever since we were in the 3rd grade. She is really good and i think they shouldnt have cut her from the show. i was really mad at what happened. She is a really sweet girl who has a voice of an angel and i have known her for years i just think that it is wrong that one of my friends who has a beautiful voice got cut when she could have won maybe even have gotten a record deal. BRING MY FRIEND BACK!!!!! BRING BAYLIE BACK!!!! YOU GO BAYLIE!!!!!

75. NC Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 9:14 am

They shouldnt have cut Joelle James either. Guess they are cutting cute blondes with great voices.

76. louise Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 10:38 am

we cant believe baylie has been dumped due to the silliness of two stupid best friends who ended up tag teaming her at the end. she was in the wrong group and at the age of 16 was very vunreable. they picked her for their group because they knew she could sing and it ended up being her final curtain. bring her back, get rid of antonella

77. idolfreak Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 3:54 pm

At this point, I seriously doubt that Baylie or any of the good yet eliminated (read: Sean, Rachel, Ebony) will come back in a wildcard show… :(
    At least Amanda got eliminated, and I don’t think that Antonella is as bad as some of you make her out to be.
    Sunshine got too many free passes…if he does bad on the first live show, I suspect an early elimination or, worse, a Vote for the Worse favorite…

78. Anonymous Says:
    February 18th, 2007 at 4:03 pm

Oh, and by the way, Donna Lane, I’m honestly sick of your stupid comments. You’ve been around since Idol 5 (for all I know, even earier too) insulting pretty much everyone on the show (ESPECIALLY Elliot Yamin). Now it looks like Sunshine and Chris are your latest targets, mainly because they aren’t in great shape.
    GET A LIFE. Seriously.

79. Paige Says:
    February 19th, 2007 at 12:33 am

YES!!! I do think she should be brought back. She is AWSOME and totally got screwed over by those two girls. She has the talent to be the next American Idol, and that’s what this show is about. I think that she has what it takes and should have a second chance!!!

80. peter cawaing Says:
    February 19th, 2007 at 1:28 am

Bring her back or I won’t watch the show this season.

81. paul Says:
    February 19th, 2007 at 7:23 pm

does anyone know the name of the song that Bailey and her group sang?

82. Katie Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 12:23 am

Baylie brown was my favorite part of that show! Now that she’s gone, I don’t watch much bc there’s not much to look forward to. After hearing her audition, I listened to Faith Hill’s song, “Stronger” and liked Baylie better. BRING HER BACK!

83. Priscilla Says:
    February 22nd, 2007 at 3:02 pm

I think it was “This Old Heart of Mine” by The Isley Brothers.

84. Tommy Says:
    February 22nd, 2007 at 3:38 pm

GET A CLUE! BRING BACK BAYLIE. SHE C- A – N SING! UNLIKE NINETY PERCENT OF THOSE WHO GOT THROUGH.

85. iLOVEBAYLIE Says:
    February 25th, 2007 at 10:31 am

I am so mad! what happened to her. I knew she forgot the lyrics, but I thought she was better then some of the contestants that made it to the top 24. Baylie Brown rocks and i was hoping she was going to make it far in this comp., but when the judges said no to her I was so mad. I think she should come back next year and just join a group that is nice not one that is going to be jerks to you if you don’t make it and they do. I hate Antonella and her best friend because of how mean they were to Baylie, that she didn’t make it. I like Baylie more then some of the contestants that are on the show this year.

86. Manny Says:
    March 1st, 2007 at 6:01 pm

Bringing Back Bailey as a wildcard contestant would be a marketing gold mine for the sponsors and the program itself. Think of the revenue posibilities. it would nurture our “American” sense for fair play. It would play out as a “cinderalla story”. Think!!!

87. Judy Says:
    March 2nd, 2007 at 1:36 pm

Baylie Brown was my favorite of everyone who auditioned.

I am so upset that those two “best friends” $cr3wed her like they did! They knew what they were doing! They chose that song because Antonella said she didn’t know the lyrics to any of the other ones. Then they wouldn’t help Bailey practice her lyrics.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JiYvS8STLPk It’s all at this video.

Amanda was running around with they boys, denied it when Baylie mentioned it to her, but then SI showed a clip where she WAS hanging around the boys instead of rehearsing.

Then Amanda had the nerve to say that Baylie got cut because “God loves (or likes) good people”!

BAYLIE BROWN SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK BECAUSE THE AMERICAN PUBLIC LOVES HER, and that has nothing to do with whether or not Nigel Lythgoe likes her.

I hope some other producer sees all the support for Baylie and grabs her before American Idol has a chance to get her and make money from her. She deserves to have success with someone else, if AI can’t grab her right now!

88. Joaquin-Argentina Says:
    March 2nd, 2007 at 10:18 pm

Here in argentina are passing the program where she passed to hollywood. It’s a bit late here hehe. I like Baylie the first time I listened her. She will have a very good carrer in the future if she continue trying because she has all what a singer star want it to have. Nice voice, nice body, NICE EYES, beautiful face and only 16 or 17 years old!!!.
    Baylie for me you will be the next american idol or what you want to be if you continue insisting in this career that I think you like so much.
    Sorry for my english it’s a bit confused I think i’m learning

joa_1234@hotmail.com

89. Lindsey Nickole Says:
    March 4th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

Ok first of all, I know Baylie and have sang with her over 5 times in Wylie, Texas! Second of all….even though she’s a sweet girl and has a nice voice….she did mess up and the show made a decision to let her go. SO BE IT! I’ve been through a lot of unfair competitions. I’ve auditioned for AI and also for Nashville Star, both of which were complete rip-offs! It’s a TV show…not a talent search. ANYBODY can make it in show business today and that’s what makes it so hard for the REAL SOMEbody’s to make it! Baylie will have no trouble at all because of her exposure, however the rest of us will have “big trouble” (the name of her cd FYI) getting that much exposure. I’ve been singing for over 10 years and I’ve yet to come across anything about entertainment that is COMPLETELY fair. It SUCKS plain and simple. But I’m still trying and waiting for my spotlight to shine someday. :)
    ~Lindsey Nickole~

90. Terri Says:
    March 5th, 2007 at 8:44 pm

I think she should definitely be given a second chance. Some of the folks that made it through in the past have forgotten their words. Gosh, Clay Aiken forgot his words in the finals…..I think 5 rounds from the last show.
    As far as “rules”….. the number one rule is to sing and present well…..which she did!
    I would much rather watch and listen to Baylie than Antonella…or Citronella as we like to call her.

91. Blina Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 8:51 pm

Ok, this is what I have to say.
    Baylie was pretty and peppy, and actually I rather liked her voice. It was distinctive in my opinion.
    I really thought that she was going to be in the top 5. Although, I didn’t really want her to be the next ‘American Idol, I really did want to see her gain success and notoriety’ I thought she would have been a great and easy marketable pop or country singer. Plus, she didn’t seem NEARLY as smug as Antonella Barba and Amanda. I would have rather Baylie than either of those girls. So, I would totally want Baylie back if we could swap her for Antonella!!! eheheh I feel sorry for Baylie, I hope she comes back next season!

92. Grace Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:01 pm

My goodness Donna Lane, have you no kindness in your heart or are you just in a loss of words to express yourself… seriously, be a bit nicer. It makes you look hated and unlikable…. It’s strange in my opinion that you’d wonder about her faith when it seems that all you do is stab at peoples flaws. You seem like a sad person. Sorry, I’m only trying to help you… and I’m not being sarcastic, I just want us all to not cause suicides… ok?!

93. don landrum Says:
    March 12th, 2007 at 7:53 am

I stopped watching this year because of the Bailey Brown crap!!! My wife is through with it also.

94. Calie Says:
    March 13th, 2007 at 7:10 pm

I attend high school with Baylie and we were all heart broken when she was kicked off, but we knew the reason.
    For years, Baylie has been singing in various venues trying to put her name out there and this years American Idol gave her a chance. For those of you who don’t know, she has actually already released a cd. It came out a few years back but is a good albumn. Baylie is quite possibly the sweetest girl I know and to see her break down crying on television was horrible. Do I think American Idol should have brought her back? No. I think she should try out next year as she has a new found experience. This was such a great oppertunity for Baylie, just Google her name and you’ll see that. The only thing I wish though, is that people would forget the fact she forgot her lines on television. At a basketball game, some person from the vistiting team asked if she was the girl that forgot her lines on national television. Baylie is most definatly not trying to copy Carrie Underwood. Baylie is her own person and singer.
    And the whole town of Krum has a strong dislike for Antonella Barber. :)

95. Sara Beth Says:
    April 2nd, 2007 at 2:46 pm

I like baylie from one opry singer to another I have been on the same stage with Baylie, she is very talented. I was surprise that happen to her as well. I can’t believe some people they even put through. It makes me think if I should even try out next year. If I do I hope Baylie is there so we can be in the same group. Love ya Baylie, Sara Beth

96. Crystal Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 10:15 am

I definately think that bailey would have made it to the top 5 at least !!! I loved her and encourage her to return next year .. And For all the people on here who dont like anyone on american idol.. maybe they just shouldnt watch the show then.

97. Baylie .T Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 10:59 am

It breaks my heart to see Baylie go,she’s definetly got an incredible singing voice,very talented,much better than Antonella.The judges should have considered her based on her solo performances.She’s really awesome and cool,even if she forgot her words,i mean,so what! She should get a seond chance. Well i’m hoping that she would audition next year,she could be the next AMERICAN IDOL!!

98. toxnick Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 11:25 am

She deserves to stay and keep goin in American Idol, honestly if its based on her voice. She is truly a gift. You cant deny it. Well, from what I look, she isn’t fake, and she isn’t trying to be fake either. She looks all good, she’s real. But yeah, its a bad luck she forgoot the words and had to get cut off so early. If not, she wouldve gone to Top 12 I BET!
    Go baylie! I hope she comes back next year!!

99. Shelly Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:26 pm

DON”T BLAME BAYLIE BROWN FOR HER GETTING CUT OFF!! I’ve read some of your guys’ posts and you’re blaming it on Baylie. Blame it on the judges and Antonella Barba and Amanda Coluccio. The judges should get repicked. Simon is an old fart and has ABSOLUTELY no taste in music whatsoever! And Amanda went to flirt with boys, and Baylie actually stayed there and tried to learn her song. NONE OF THIS IS BAYLIE BROWN”S FAULT!!!! The judges should get a taste in music, and randy needs to know that the world doesn’t revolve around the word dogg. “You know man, dat was good, dogg” that’s all he said!!! Paula never shows her real feelings. She always says someone is good, even though inside she thinks they suck. Baylie could have won this thing if we had judges with brains, and no Antonella and Amanda, because both Antonella and Amanda are worse than Baylie, they can’t sing, and put absolutely no effort into their singing career!

Comments