Which Of The American Idol Top Twelve Girls Will Shine?

February 21, 2007 06:18 AM by Joe Reality

After a somewhat disappointing first performance show by the American Idol Top Twelve boys, will the American Idol Top Twelve girls fare any better?  It will likely be difficult for them to do any worse.  Which of the American Idol girls will shine in their first performance as part of the American Idol semi-finals?

Several of the top twelve girls were barely seen during the early auditions, so it’s hard to predict how they will do.  Will either Amy Krebs, Leslie Hunt, Nicole Tranquillo, Sabrina Sloan, or Stephanie Edwards overcome their lack of screen time and emerge as the frontrunner?

Melinda Doolittle seems to have a good shot at  becoming a favorite among the girls in the competition.  Will a likable personality combined with years of experience in the music industry prove to be a winning combination?  Or will the next kiss she gets from Simon Cowell be a kiss goodbye?

Alaina Alexander was close to giving up on her musical dreams, when American Idol gave her a chance to showcase her talent in front of America.  Will Alaina finally realize her dreams?  Or will she once again be forced to reconsider her career path?

Antonella Barba is one of the most searched for among the American Idol girls on the Internet.  But are people searching because she’s their favorite or because they are just looking for pictures of her.  Will Antonella be rising to the top in the voting as well?  Or will she soon be reunited with her friend Amanda?

Gina Glocksen was a favorite on American Idol last season, but she did not make it to the top twenty-four.  Now that they judges have put her through, will America vote for her?  Or will her Idol experience once again prove to be short-lived?

During her first audition, the judges all agreed that Haley Scarnato could sing, but Simon Cowell worried if she was unique enough.  Will a great voice be enough to win over America or will viewers forget to vote?

Jordin Sparks is the youngest among the girls, but she really impressed the judges with her initial audition.  Will she live up to the early hype?

Lakisha Jones is a sentimental favorite.  Many viewers will want to see her do well both for her own benefit and the benefit of her daugther.  While the fact that she’s very likable will help her, it will be up to her voice to take her to the top of the competition.  Can Lakisha become the next American Idol?

The Top 12 female singers will perform Wednesday, Feb. 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. At the end of the show, the phone lines will again open for two hours and American Idol viewers will vote for their favorite female contestant(s) from Wednesday’s episode.  Post your predictions below.

Topics: American Idol |

9 Responses to “Which Of The American Idol Top Twelve Girls Will Shine?”

1. Melinda,Alaina,andLakisha Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 7:53 am

I think Melinda, Alaina, and Lakisha are going to shine because they have amazing viices and they are really talented. Oh yay and Haley Scarnato because she is so amazing. The rest of the girls I never heard sing, so I will just have to find out tonight.

2. Craig Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 8:01 am

Melinda, Haley, Lakisha and Gina are the best ones in my book. The rest have better replacements cut in Hollywood…

3. Sarah Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 1:29 pm

I think lakisha will do well, I just hope Gina and Antonelle go home!

4. Jamie Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 2:24 pm

The best singer is Sabrina Slone
    she has the It Factor……..

5. rufus reddick Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 3:00 pm

Hi, I live in Savannah, Ga and I hope and pray Stephanie Edwards does well because I will not vote for her just because she is from Savannah, I want the best voice to represent American Idol, that will be who I support, so good luck Stephanie.

6. donna lane Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 7:32 pm

I have emailed FOX DEMANDING that Antonella Barba be released from this competition IMMEDIATELY!!! I am OUTRAGED at these photos of her! Childen watch this show! The American Idol should be a role model for our kids! Someone like superstar Carrie Underwood! I am tired of these low-lifes appearing on this show who should not be on it! These PHOTOS ARE DISGUSTING!! She is grinding other girls and making obscene gestures!! HOW DARE SHE get on the same stage where a good Christian like Carrie Underwood or Kellie Pickler once sang! It is a tragedy! I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT! I WANT HER GONE! If she is not BOOTED THIS WEEK, I will start a boycott of this show! If she thinks that kind of behavior is indicative of what the American Idol should be, she is badly mistaken! What if she won and our children thought of her as a role model and saw these pictures- they might think this sort of thing is appropriate. Someone has to take a moral stand here! Get back to morality, America! I am going to send a strongly worded email about this to FOX. I just can’t sit back and watch this happen. I’ll be strong where others are weak. Christ has left this in my hands and I will fail Him.

7. Jimmy Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 8:16 pm

After becoming overly emotional over Katharine last year, I felt this year could not get me like it did last year. But then I found my favorite (so far). She’s naturally pretty without make-up, has a pretty figure and long legs, and a decent voice. She seems humble and a little shy. With what little I saw of her, Antonella Barba got my interest. I was pleasantly surprised to see fellow Kat fans take an interest in her too. Then to my horror the embarrassing photos come out, and then the bashers and haters come out. Antonella is being called the same names Kat got called (skank and ho being amongst the milder). It would be a shame if she would have to leave the show before her fans could get to know her more. Oh and by the way, when I was Antonella’s age, I drank booze lots of times, gave the middle finger when I was angry, and various other things that I don’t do now. I don’t care about Antonella’s past. I just hope she sings well enough to go far on this show.

8. stopthemadness Says:
    February 21st, 2007 at 9:37 pm

I hope the girls did (or are doing) well, because this season will be deemed the suckiest in terms of talent already if they don’t bring it tonight.
    Personally, I’m rooting for Lakisha and Melinda. I also have an eye on lesser-seen contestants, like Nicole and Leslie.

9. VtFarmboy Says:
    February 27th, 2007 at 8:04 am

I guess i dont get it. Whats all this flap about Antonella Barba. Atleast the girl can sing which is more than we could say about Brittney Spears or some of these other pop princesses. It is a clear case of watch out what you do because someday you might regret it. How quickly the american public forgets the likes of madonna or others who have come before. I would like to point out to people like ruffus reddick who left other comments about role models and chistianity somthing. Please read and understand your bible. Jesus left nobody out. He even took the time to talk to prostitutes and other “unclean” people. SO if your going to start the stoning of Ms Barba make sure you are the one with no sin in your life!

Comments