American Idol Guys Prove They Have Talent

February 27, 2007 09:47 PM by Joe Reality

Sundance_kidRyan Seacrest kicked off the top ten guys American Idol performance
show by congratulating Jennifer Hudson on her Oscar win.  But Jennifer
Hudson turned out to not be the only winner tonight, as the top ten
American Idol guys rebounded from last week and actually proved that
they are a talented bunch.

In an intro segment, Phil Stacy dedicated his performance to Navy Band Southeast.  Phil Stacey sang “Missing You.”  Randy Jackson said “That was hot, Philman.”  Paula Abdul said “I can hear you right now on the radio.”  Simon Cowell said “I think you have a completely unoriginal voice.”

Jared Cotter dedicated his performance to his mom and dad.  Jared sang “Let’s Get It On.”  Randy Jackson said “I loved that whole face move.”  Paula Abdul said “You’re a good looking guy, you really are.”  Simon Cowell said “It did remind me though of the Love Boat.  I’m kind of imagining if they had a cabaret singer on the Love Boat, I think we would have seen something similar to that, because it was a bit corny in parts.”

A.J. Tabaldo dedicated his performance to his mom and dad.  A.J. Tabaldo sang “Feeling Good.”  Randy Jackson said “It was so much better than last week.”  Paula Abdul said “I love seeing the change and you expanding in different areas.”  Simon Cowell said “I have to say that was actually nearly very good.”

Sanjaya Malakar dedicated his performance to his grandfather.  Sanjaya Malakar sang “Stepping Out.”  Randy Jackson said “It was like a bad high school talent show.”  Paula Abdul said “I think it would be great to pick songs that celebrate your youth.”  Simon Cowell said “It was like some ghastly lunch, where after lunch your parents have asked the children to dress up and sing.”

Chris Sligh dedicated his performance to his wife.  Chris Sligh sang “Trouble.”  Randy Jackson said “It shows that you’ve got that big voice.”  Paula Abdul said “I liked you to.”  Simon Cowell said “Chris, the reason we put you through to this round is actually we thought you were a very good singer, and tonight you were a very good singer.”

Nick Pedro dedicated his performance to his girlfriend.  Nick Pedro sang “You Give Me Fever.”  Randy Jackson said “It was kind of nice, dude.”  Paula Abdul said “I love the tone of your voice.”  Simon Cowell said “I thought it was good.  I think that when you’re going to attempt to pull a song like that off it’s as much about charisma, and I felt you lacked charisma on it.”

Blake Lewis dedicated his performance to his parents.  Blake Lewis sang “Virtual Insanity.”  Randy Jackson said “I like you, man.”  Paula Abdul said “You’re smart with this, you’re making smart choices.”  Simon Cowell said “Other than the middle section of the song, I actually didn’t see any originally from you this time.  I actually saw a copycat performance.”

Brandon Rogers dedicated his performance to his grandmother.  Brandon Rogers sang “Time After Time.”  Randy Jackson said “It was kind of boring for me actually.”  Paula Abdul said “I felt your heart, you don’t have to over sing.”  Simon Cowell said “You have got to come out here Brandon when you’re as talented as you are and do what four or five of these girls did last week and make a wow impact.”

Chris Richardson dedicated his performance to his grandmother.  Chris Richardson sang “Geek In The Pink.”  Randy Jackson said “Chris is in it to win it tonight.”  Paula Abdul said “I love that you dedicated that song to,does your grandmother know what Geek In The Pink is.”  Simon Cowell said “For me, best tonight by a mile.”

Sundance Head dedicated his performance to his son.  Sundance Head sang “Mustang Sally.”  Randy Jackson said “Welcome back, Sundance.”  Paula Abdul said “I didn’t know you had range like that.”  Simon Cowell said “I’m glad that we’ve got the Sundance back that we really, really like.”

It’s tough to predict which two guys will be going home on Thursday, because all the guys improved from last week.  Based on tonight’s performance, it would likely be Sanjaya Malakar and Brandon Rogers.  However, they both have been very popular contestants among the viewers, and popularity plays into the voting.  Our prediction is that it will be Nick Pedro and A.J. Tabaldo going home, based on a popularity vote.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

35 Responses to “American Idol Guys Prove They Have Talent”

1. Tyler Says:
    February 27th, 2007 at 10:07 pm

wtf is everybody against Sanjaya for? he’s very talented and will perform very well once he gets out of that shyness stage. he can sing and i don’t wanna hear no one else say he sucks cause he is AWESOME!!! i think, A.J. Tabaldo and Jared Cotter are gonna go home. so shut the hell up about Sanjaya and start ragging on people that actually don’t sound good.

2. ronnie smith Says:
    February 27th, 2007 at 10:18 pm

i like sundance and chris r and brandon chris s and jared coher and phil stacy all others will be voitted off. thanks.

3. Sarah Says:
    February 27th, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Good show tonight. Blake, Chris and Sundance were awesome. Sanjaya wasn’t good at all. He will probably go home.

4. Wade Andre Says:
    February 27th, 2007 at 11:29 pm

On tonight’s episode, they had major news flashes across the screen that may have affected the voting. Don’t know how to control that but hope you guys are taking that into consideration. Love you guys!
    w

5. Donna Lane Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 12:40 am

First, all these dedications and no one dedicated to Jesus or God- something I assure you that Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler or Jennifer Hudson would have thought of- and it just so happens they are the only talents to come out of this show- what does that tell you?

Phil Stacey is just sooooo UGLY. I think people have been voting on him because of his monster looks- they feel sorry for him- just like some people vote on the no-talent fat ones like Sundance Pighead or Chris Sligh. I’m also tired of seeing his fat wife getting screentime. I was outraged to hear him dedicate his song to the Navy and then hear him sing “I ain’t missing you!” What a stupid thing to do! If you are going to try to play the sympathy card when you can’t sing, then he should at least sing “God Bless America” or something if he is going to invoke our great men serving. We should be supporting our troops in this time of war and we should be making a total sweep of that whole area while we are at it. God is on our side on this one.

Sanjaya- I’m sure people think he is good in India or wherever he is from- but this is America and I don’t think he understands American music- this is the problem with letting people from other countries compete. I’m not completely sure he even speaks English.

Blake- he has some feminine qualities that put me off. The last thing we need is another Clay Aiken in this contest. Get rid of the earrings and act like a man.

Jarred- “Let’s get it on” is a totally inappropriate song for this show. Children watch this show, it’s a Christian show and sex songs should not be allowed. I was horrified having to hear this smut coming out of the TV.

Nick- just AWFUL. He can’t sing- a huge bore and snooze attack. He’ll be gone this week, thank Goodness.

Chris R- he reminds me of Elliot Yawnmin, although obviously much better looking and a much better voice. Now here’s a real man.

Brandon- I don’t like men singing girl songs. In the Bible, it’s a sin to act like a woman and I consider men singing girl songs the same thing. He was awful, not a note in tune, completely off-key. Let the girls sing the girl songs, Brandon.

I keep forgetting the Mexican guys’s name- he wasn’t bad but don’t they have their own Idol over there to compete on?

The two fatsos are terrible- Chris S and Sundance- I want them gone. Being American Idol, you are supposed to be a role model and these two are obese and teach a wrong lesson for our children. No one should be voting for these two cows.

6. terri Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 3:20 am

For someone who speaks of christian values, I thought your comments were pretty hipocritical. In this day and age you should know that judging someone for their appearance is not acceptable!! You had very little good comments about anyone!! Could you do any better?

7. Andrea Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 3:23 am

I so agree with you!!

Chris S and Sundance should go prancing home!

8. James Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 6:59 am

Can’t muster any enthusiasm for anyone this season — what a change from last year!

They really should have included a rocker or two and some country people to stir things up.

Everyone CAN sing, but it’s oh-so-boring. Who really cares who the winner is? ZZZZZZZZZZZ!

9. frecklepants Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 7:37 am

Can’t someone put a muzzle on that hypocritical “Chris-chun” DonnaLane? You need to re-read your bible, honey. Your hateful attempts at biting commentary come of as the words of a bitter loser, and very, very unChristian.

I was glad to see Sundance do what he does well – rockin’ blues. I like him but he did sound pretty awful last week – big imrovement this week. Chris Sligh has got a wonderful voice and I think he’ll go far. Sanjay – I’m sorry nothing personal against the kid – he just does not do it for me – maybe it’s the swishy, Michael Jacksonish persona. I suspect he’ll get voted off. Yeah, Phil may not be the best looking guy but as a veteran myself, I admire the class and aplomb with which he takes criticism from the judges. Those are the qualities of a true military man, and show military bearing.

Perhaps boot camp might do fatass DonnaLane some good?

10. mar Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 8:17 am

thats so bad. AJ is a great performer. pls pray vote for him AMERICA!!!

11. Sarah Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 8:52 am

I really don’t think Donna Lane is a Christian. I think she is probably someone trying to lead people away from Christianity. Don’t let her comments affect how you think of Christians, she doesn’t represent us.

12. Idol Usa Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 10:43 am

I think Phil Stacy who dedicated his performance to Navy Band Southeast will get into the finals.

13. Steven Joseph Rotolo Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 11:39 am

I saw the show last night, and I have to admit that the boys improved very much from the previous week. But then, the previous week was so atrocious, the only way was up.

I liked the gay boy, A.J., very much. I closed my eyes when he sang and the song simply took on a life of its own. He is very good. I also like the Justin Timberlake clone, Chris Richardson. He really can sing that type of music, but I think that he’s gonna go home during the Abba week (I can’t see him singing Mamma Mia).

I also liked the curly haired fat dude, Chris Sligh. Good voice. But can he sing country? And the New Yorker dude, Nick Pedro, was very good with his smokey voiced rendition of Fever.

The rest can go home. Please send the Indian kid home, Sanjaya. He is way too young and is being pummeled by the judges. “You’re nothing but a stinky turd wearing a hat,” is what Simon Cowell said. “I wanted to double up on the Gin after hearing you sing, burp,” is what Paula said. “Dawg! yo! Dawg! yo yo! Dawg! ouch! puke! Dawg!” is what Randy said.

14. Teresa Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Donna Lane, you are a complete and total joke. Also very ignorant.

15. Donna Lane Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 1:54 pm

I am very hurt by the constant badgering I am enduring by the readers of Reality Tv Magazine.

Why does it bother you so much that I believe in Jesus? Why is it that only Christians are called intolerant when someone like me is mocked and persecuted by Godless heathens? I have a heavy cross to bear; the sins of those who would not accept Jesus as our savior and the insults that come with such vitriol.

I want to reiterate my position: The homosexuals and Godless foreigners (like the Indian boy who probably worships a cow, and the Mexican boy who is into voodoo or santeria) who are participating in the American Idol show must be voted off. This is a Christian nation that follows the ten commandments and sodomy and idolatry are not to be tolerated. Not in reality tv or anywhere else… Praise Jesus

16. Not A Cecille Fan Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 2:11 pm

Donna Lame, you’re on the wrong website hon, why don’t you try FoxNews.com I’m sure you’ll feel right at home there!

17. Sabrina Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

Donna lane, You don’t even deserve comment. you’re biggoted, ignorent, stupid. I glad your hurt by the comments of others. You should treat others as you would like to be treated

18. Niki Hollander Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 2:30 pm

WHO ARE THE HOMOSEXUALS IN AMERICAN IDOL?

How does this Donna Lane know who the homosexuals are? I didn’t see any. Well, maybe the Geek in the Pink guy was a homosexual, but he was good. Besides, how can you tell who is a homosexual? I don’t care if they are homosexuals. I think that Simon Cowell is a homosexual. Paula Abdul is a drunk. But I still like her. I wish she didn’t drink before the show. Is Randy a homosexual?

How does this woman Donna Lane know these things? I am completely clueless.

19. Read Your Bible, Donna Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 3:16 pm

I am not bothered in the slightest that you “believe in Jesus” – I also believe in him. If you can go back and re-read your first post, Donna, do you SERIOUSLY believe our Lord would say those kinds of things about any of His children??? Call them “fat”, “ugly”, “stupid” and worse? What Bible are you reading??? You are not the only Christian on this board, just the only bigmouthed, hateful one who makes everyone else look bad. Opinions are fine, but hateful personal attacks coming from someone who “claims” to be a good Christian? And you WONDER why people think you are a foolish, deluded, hypocritical jackass? Good Lord, woman, open your bible and read the New Testament carefully….try to UNDERSTAND what it says…I bet if you crossed paths with Jesus today, you wouldn’t recognize him, but you’d insult the “long haired hippie freak Jew who needs to take a bath!”.

Here are some lyrics for you to digest, Donna:

Jesus was a capricorn
    He ate organic food
    He believed in love and peace
    And never wore no shoes

Long hair, beard and sandles
    And a funky bunch of friends
    Reckon we’d just nail him up
    If he came down again

cause everybodys gotta have somebody to look down on
    Who they can feel better than at any time they please
    Someone doin somethin dirty decent folks can frown on
    If you cant find nobody else, then help yourself to me

Eggheads cussing rednecks cussing
    Hippies for their hair
    Others laugh at straights who laugh at
    Freaks who laugh at squares

Some folks hate the whites
    Who hate the blacks who hate the klan
    Most of us hate anything that
    We dont understand

You are an embarrassment Donna, and I think you have serious mental issues if you cannot grasp that what you post is the opposite of what our Lord stood for. Go away.

20. Sabrina Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 3:19 pm

couln’t have said it better myself.

21. Anonymous Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 3:30 pm

The boys were awesome last night. Lets start out with Phil Stacey. i did not like him last nigh and I think he is in danger, but will stay. Jared Cotter is in danger. Aj Talabado wasn’t great, so he will be going home. Sanjaya Malakar? I have no clue what has happened to him because he was so great with his audition and hollywood week. So he can say good-bye to this comp. because he was terrible and what was that hat he was wearing? Chris Sligh I thought he did good, but I don’t want him to go home! Nick Pedro is from my state and I love him so much. He is a amazing singer. Blake Lewis fantastic, Incredible last night. I really think he will go far. Brandon Rodgers did not like him at all last night. Chris Richardson was my favorite of the night. He is a amazing singer. He reminds me of Elliott from last year. DOES ANYONE THINK CHRIS R. LOOKS LIKE ELLIOTT, SINGS LIKE ELLIOTT, AND DANCES LIKE ELLIOTT? Sundance came back this week and was awesome. Well it looks like Aj, Phil, Jared or Sanjaya are going home.

22. insanity Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 3:40 pm

Dear Donna Lane,

If you are not faking this personality to piss us all off and you truly mean what you say, then you have some serious issues. Actually, I think you have issues anyway to waste your life on this site (you’ve been around since at least Season 5, dissing Elliott Yamin). All of the contestants on the show (even Chris.R, who incidentally appears to be your male favorite) could beat you out in dignity. Sure, they are not the best singers the show has had, but they do deal with all the crap their haters say on the Internet. I have to give them points for that. Try to get a life, Donna Lane, and a new hobby besides bashing Idol contestants, like basket weaving.

P.S: Read Your Bible, Donna, you are awesome, and go Chris Sligh and Blake!

23. Sarah Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 4:13 pm

Donna Lane- Fake Christian. Chris Sligh, who you call fatso, is a praise and worship leader. I bet when you go into church on Sunday you are all sweet and smiley. Your a poser.
    People reprimanding you for the hurtful, un-Christ-like things you say, is not comparable to the cross that Christ bore to save a sinner like you.

24. Anonymous Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 6:27 pm

I have to agree thatthe guys were better, over all, this week. Sundance came back 100%. Blake was great (I thought). Sanjaya may have a problem, unfortunately. I thought Brandon might have done a little better….Jared, too. Phil was OK….A.J., not bad. Chris R. should make it to the next round. Nick was OK, though I know he can be even better. Chris S., I felt, did quite well. We’ll see…there have been some surprises. Simon seemd to have written Taylor off several times, and he weathered the storm. The girls will be interesting. I know the performances can vary from week to week, or based on the category they have to sing within. But as of now, Stephanie, Melinda, Sabrina, and LaKisha have all been phenomenal…with Jordin just a little under them. And besides Haley (and her only possibly, I feel), I don’t feel any of the others can even compete with the first four listed. Jordin might give a good try, but the first four are in a class quite by themselves.

25. Teresa Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Donna Lane, it does not bother me that you are a Christian. I, too am a follower of Christ. Your harsh,judegmental words do not reflect the life or Word of Jesus. Read about Him in the New Testament. Your words do not glorify the One you claim to love.

26. Donna Lane Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 9:40 pm

I am Donna Lane and that second post signed Donna Lane is NOT ME. Every year, someone comes along and posts something and signs it my name after I post. But it doesn’t matter anymore because after this, ANY post that has my name will not be me. They let that horrid tramp sing and I said I would boycott if they let that Barba slut stay and they did and I am out of here! I will not stand by to see our children be exposed to this kind of sinful example- go back to morality, save our children! I will no longer watch this show out of protest and I encourage all true Christians to do the same. I will still follow superstars Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler in their careers- Carrie’s genius is nothing short of amazing. And you evil people who keep signing my name, you’re going STRAIGHT TO HELL and I’ll be one of the ones booting you down there when you reach the pearly gates, so you’ll get yours! Our God is a vengeful God and I will remind Him of it when your time is up. This is my last post! I will NOT wallow in this SIN!

27. Chris Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 9:58 pm

FYI, during last year’s AI, Donna Lane posted the same crappy comments and was always claiming that someone impersonated her. psycho bitch! I asked her then and ask her now – of all the people in the world, who would be desperate enough to impersonate something so vile and revolting!

28. May Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 10:34 pm

The guys arent that bad! I still hate Sundance…..NO MATTER WHAT!!!
    My prediction: Sundance and Chris S. will be sent home!!
    GUYS THAT NEED TO BE IN THE FINALS:
    Sanjaya Malakar
    Blake Lewis
    Jared Cotter
    Phil Stacey
    AJ T.
    Chris Richardson
    I really think you all should give Sanjaya a lot more time. I want him to be at least in the top 10. OK? Just let him pick a song his age. That’s all.

29. good riddance Says:
    March 1st, 2007 at 7:35 am

Wow – it is comforting to know that our Lord is taking advice directly from Donna! When He gets tired of deciding who to allow into Heaven, He allows her to be the one to decide. Amazing what one can learn online!

Think maybe she got bitten during one of her snake-handling sessions and it has affected her brains? Maybe her God is a vengeful God, by my Lord is a loving one.

At any rate, at this stage in the game they are all so good that it is hard to project who will stay or go, but I think Sanjaya’s weak performance (and I’ll have to agree with Simon – kinda creepy) might not bode well for him. I think Sundance could do well (he’s got the fan base and a really likeable personality) but he needs to carefully choose his songs – he is no balladeer but I have to admit out of all of them, he’s the one whose CD I’d buy.

30. NJE Says:
    March 1st, 2007 at 10:52 am

The guys definitely improved this week. I think that now, the competition has begun!!

This week’s ranking:
    Worst)Jared Cotter
    9)Brandon Rogers
    8)Chris Richardson (I really didn’t think he was that good)
    7)Sanjaya Malakar (I thought he was OK)
    6)A.J. Tabaldo
    5)Nick Pedro
    4)Phil Stacey
    3)Blake Lewis
    2)Chris Sligh
    Best)Sundance Head

31. Anonymous Says:
    March 1st, 2007 at 2:51 pm

I actually am so upset that I said Sanjaya is going home. I meant to say Aj and Jared, but it came out Sanjaya for some reason.

32. babytocute Says:
    March 1st, 2007 at 5:03 pm

Sundances baby is to cute! Congrats Sundance!

33. zoberg Says:
    March 2nd, 2007 at 4:49 am

I thought Jesus says:
    “LOVE YOUR ENEMIES”

That should sum it up. Treat everyone with love and respect. ESPECIALLY your enemies! So, if you’re a follower of Jesus, then you MUST LOVE all American Idol Contestants!

…..by the way, the ‘fake’ Donna Lane and the ‘real’ Donna Lane sounds like the same person.

34. Tyler Says:
    March 2nd, 2007 at 7:01 pm

well i agree w/ all you people SCREW THAT BITCH DONNA!!! what the heck is someone who watches all of the American Idol episodes doing basing all guy contestents??? let me correct her.

Sanjaya- GREAT SINGER!!! my personal fav. cause he’s a great brother and can really sing. although i’ll admit he did suck last week.

Phil- he’s a great person to be an Idol cause he’s fighting for our country and sings songs where he is trying to send a message i think.

Chris S.- another great singer!!! he’s got a good humor to him and a nice personality, and a nice voice to match and that goes a long way on American Idol.

Sundance- he’s a better Christian than you Donna bitch!!! he is a good singer again and not leaving soon. he has an adorable son who inspires him to sing really awesome and who cares if he’s kinda chubby???

Blake- having an earring doesn’t make you gay so shove that comment up your ass. he’s proved he’s got talent at beatboxing AND singing these past few weeks.

Brandon- he’s done more w/ his life than any other idol contestant so far. he’s got experience and a likeable personality.

Chris R.- well first off you stupid prick I’M A FRIEND OF ELLIOTT’S so you think he sucks so bad then HOW COME HE CAME IN THIRD OVER 100,000 people??? and Chris is like Elliott which is good and i like his whole way of singing and personality too.

35. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says: