Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader Premieres Tonight

February 27, 2007 12:03 AM by Joe Reality

Class is in session with a new quiz show from Mark Burnett, hosted by
Jeff Foxworthy. Unlike the typical game show that measures
intelligence, ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? tests adults’ lack of
knowledge – as revealed by how much they’ve forgotten since elementary
school.

Grownups will again find themselves in a classroom setting, revisiting their youth, as they tackle subjects they’ve already been taught, ranging from art to geography and math to social studies. However, the players are not alone. There is a way for contestants to “cheat” in this classroom.

The adults will have the opportunity to get some help from real grade-schoolers, who will offer what they think is the correct a-n-s-w-e-r on the series premiere of ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER? Tuesday, Feb. 27 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Topics: Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? |

22 Responses to “Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader Premieres Tonight”

1. Fox Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 1:46 am

This was bad. 6 questions on the whole show. Gee, talk about slow.

2. colleen Says:
    February 28th, 2007 at 12:47 pm

are the kids on this show given the answers to the questions or do they have to guess also

3. mike Says:
    March 1st, 2007 at 11:30 am

Howard Stern’s been doing this show for 10 years…….. what a ripoff!!!

4. malibubarbi Says:
    March 2nd, 2007 at 12:31 am

How do I sign my Mother up for this show? She never got out of the 5th grade.

5. Kelley Says:
    March 5th, 2007 at 12:05 am

HI.My name is kelley and I am 12
    as everyone would say how do you enter.I am trying to get my mom on she is really smart she is a nurse and was a straight “A” student when she was young.I am trying to enter my mom but I am not sure how just send me a message.
    but… “are you smarter then a 5th grader?” seems like a combination of a middle school question. not must 5th graders know the answers to the questions.I myself did not know the answer to the question:
    on the element table what does NA stand for?
    I thought it was natural gas or some thing like it but the correct answer was
    sodium my mom told me.
    so I thought if my mom entered she would win for sure^_^

6. Jonathan Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 8:10 pm

How do I sign up for this show. I could win hands down.

7. cheryl Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 10:24 pm

hi my name is cheryl and i was just thinking how would 4th graders know how many cups are in 5 and 1/2 gallons i didnt even know that and im a freshman and how do you sign someone up for it because i think my dad would be perfect for that show

8. B Says:
    March 16th, 2007 at 5:03 pm

How do you audition for Are You Smarter that a 5th Grader?

9. Sparkles Says:
    March 20th, 2007 at 8:01 pm

How do you sign up to be in the show? and is there website where you can take an ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER quiz?

10. Howard Rulzzzzz Says:
    April 2nd, 2007 at 10:05 pm

This idea was stolen from the Howard Stern Show

11. Beth Gegas Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 2:47 pm

How do you sign up for the show? Do you have to be a certian age to be on it?

12. kristen vanderveen Says:
    May 3rd, 2007 at 8:08 pm

how do you sign up as a contestant on the show Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

13. bonnie Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 5:27 pm

HI how do I sign up for the show?

thanks bonnie

14. t Says:
    July 23rd, 2007 at 9:17 pm

k i need to no how to sign up for are you smarter then a 5th grader

15. tiana Says:
    July 23rd, 2007 at 9:22 pm

how do u enter plzz tell me how i want my mom to enter

16. bailey Says:
    October 3rd, 2007 at 5:37 am

im 11 and in yr 5 i dont even know half of these qustions by the way how do you sign up my mum bye bye

17. bailey Says:
    October 3rd, 2007 at 5:46 am

hey
    im 11 and in yr 5 and i cant even answer half of these qustions and how do you sign up my mum wants to know bye bye

18. maddison lakes entrance hey catey babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u rox my Says:
    October 3rd, 2007 at 6:03 am

hey u all

i really want to get onto the show coz i am like a straight A student and i will flog all those parents out there and i am the best in my class. like who didnt know that hehe lol bye!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. gregg Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 1:14 pm

i know u get this question alot but im getting tierd of looking why wont you just put a form for people that one to be in the show fill out the forms on the coumputer????how do you get on the show?????????????????????????????????????

20. Diyana Says:
    October 31st, 2007 at 5:43 am

Hi,
    Can you please tell me how can I sign my husband up to be in the show ‘Are you smarter than a 5th grader?’
    Thank you.

21. deepak dhankhar Says:
    November 10th, 2007 at 5:28 am

please send me information about how to enter in the are you smarter than a fifth grader competition

22. Melissa Okrzesik Says:
    November 15th, 2007 at 10:55 pm

hi, im melissa and im 11 years old. my dad is EXTREMLY smart and we are running kinda low on money so we decided he could sign up for 5th grader. the only problem is, i don’t know how to register. if you know please please please tell me.

Comments