American Idol Guys Have One Of The Worst Nights In Idol History

March 06, 2007 09:20 PM by Joe Reality

Phil_stacey_hatBefore each of the top eight guys performed, they revealed some secret
about themselves.  In his intro segment, Blake Lewis revealed that he
does character acting and introduced a character called Jimmy Walker
Blue.  Blake Lewis sang “All Mixed Up.”  Randy Jackson said “That was
hot, dude.  I didn’t even recognize the song, but I loved it, whatever
it was.”  Paula Abdul said “I didn’t know the song either, but what’s
great is I was interested.”  Simon Cowell said “You’re individual,
you’re making it current, so you will 100% be here next week.”

In his intro segment, Sanjaya Malakar showed that he could hula dance.  Sanjaya Malakar sang “Waiting On The World To Change.”  Randy Jackson said “When we first saw him there was something special about him, but he hasn’t returned to form since then.”  Paula Abdul said “I just want you to kind of raise your game.”  Simon Cowell said “The good news is that it wasn’t as ghastly as last week, so there’s a positive.”

In his intro segment, Sundance Head said he was thin in real life and just wore a fat suit while on TV.  Sundance Head sang “Jeremy.”  Randy Jackson said “That was kind of hot right there, man, I like that.”  Paula Abdul said “You really pulled it out on this one tonight, you did really, really well.”  Simon Cowell said “I think you went from being actually very good last week to what I would call a very generic bar singer.”

In his intro segment, Chris Richardson revealed that he use to be chunky but lost forty pounds.  Chris Richardson sang “Tonight I Wanna Cry.”  Randy Jackson said “This kid is in it to win it.”  Paula Abdul said “You just adapted well, and you picked a great song.”  Simon Cowell said “It’s not the best vocal we’ve heard, it was cutesy.”

In his intro segment, Jared Cotter revealed that he played college basketball.  Jared Cotter sang “If You Really Love Me.”  Randy Jackson said “You gave a solid performance.”  Paula Abdul said “I think you need to work on coloring up the way you sing.”  Simon Cowell said “It wasn’t very original, I think that’s what Paula was attempting to say.”

In his intro segment, Brandon Rogers revealed that he is a classical piano player.  Brandon Rogers sang “I Just Want To Celebrate.”  Randy Jackson said “It was a solid performance.”  Paula Abdul said “I think it was pretty phenomenal.”  Simon Cowell said “I don’t think that you represented yourself well in this stage of the competition.”

In his intro segment, Phil Stacey revealed that he hasn’t always been bald.  Phil Stacey sang “I Need You.”  Randy Jackson said “I don’t know if this was your best performance, but it was alright.”  Paula Abdul said “Odd choice of song for me.”  Simon Cowell said “Phil, I didn’t get it at all.  I genuinely didn’t get that.”

In his intro segment, Chris Sligh revealed that he had short hair at one time.  Chris Sligh sang “Wanna Be Loved.”  Randy Jackson said “I think you get the vocal prize of the night.”  Paula Abdul said “For me, this was just like middle of the road.”  Simon Cowell said “I think the good news for you is that you’ve done enough to definitely make it to the finals.”

All in all it was one of the worst performance nights ever on American Idol.  When Ryan Seacrest asked the judges how many guys deserved to be in the top twelve, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul said four and Simon Cowell said three and a half.  The judges were actually being generous, because we would have only put Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, and Chris Richardson in the top twelve based on tonight’s performances.

Which two guys will be eliminated?  While many might be tempted to pick Sanjaya Malakar and Sundance Head, they actually weren’t that bad in comparison to some of their previous performances.  If they were able to make it through in the past, they should be able to make it through again.  Even though they were not the worst singers tonight, we predict that Brandon Rogers and Jared Cotter will be eliminated, but Phil Stacey could be at risk as well.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

38 Responses to “American Idol Guys Have One Of The Worst Nights In Idol History”

1. notthatoptimistic Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:35 pm

Geez, Simon only complimented two of them (well, at least they’re my favorites, Chris.S. and Blake), and said only three and a half deserve to be in the top 12…
    Wow…I miss Elliott, Taylor, and Chris Daughtry. Most of the boys remaining in the top 8 males might be almost as bad as the ones in Season 3. If Chris S. and Blake weren’t here, I’d automatically declare a girl to win this year (and even now, it’s very likely one will).

Let the bashing begin!

2. Leo Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 10:06 pm

I think Chris S., Sundance, Blake, Chris R., Jared and Phil should be in the Top 12 and I think Sanjaya and probably Brandon would go home.

3. Tyler Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

i just voted 140 ir so times 4 Sanjaya. HA!!! he was the best. Chris S. and Chris R. were good too, along w/ Phil Stacey.

4. Tim Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 10:37 pm

Blake, Chris R and Chris S are locked up for the final 12. Blake & Chris R are my favorites! The rest of the boys can go home.

5. Donna Lane Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 10:59 pm

I think another non-American will go. If you notice, all four guys who have been eliminated so far have been foreigners. America right now is in a “war on terror.” It’s only logical we will support those from our country in this time. I suggest that we allow President Bush to come on and give a speech on one of the results shows. He could talk about not giving up and what it means to be a winner and how we should not back back. This show has always been patriotic- it should continue to support Bush and our men over “Seas.” If we have to attack Iran and Syria to keep them from meddling in Iraq, then I am all for it. Failure is not an option here, people.

I like Chris Richardson, who I think will emerge a superstar and I like Blake Lewis, although I wish he would drop some of the effiminate mannerisms. I also like Brandon Rogers. These three are my favorites and deserve to move on. The rest are TERRIBLE.

Slobdance Blimphead is awful. This modern day Quasimodo can’t sing anything on key. He is a dreadful performer, a worse singer, and he should not be allowed to move on.

Some have said Chris Sligh is religious. In the Bible, gluttony is a major sin and most fat people are going straight to hell, which is why I could not support that Orca that called itself Mandisa last year. If they loved Jesus, they would lose weight. Look at superstar Carrie Underwood. Chris sets a poor example for our youth besides the fact that he can’t sing. Hunky Chris Richardson said he lost 40 pounds. That, to me, is a sign of real Christian.

Phil Stacey does not need a hat, he needs a bag over his face. Just when I have finally gotten image of that no-talent gargoyle Elliot Yawnmin, here comes another monster. Elliot may have fixed his crocodile teeth, but not his face and his terrible singing which was so awful AI would not sign him to a record contract even though he got to number 3 on the “pity” vote. Let’s not make the same mistake and vote on someone just because they are ugly.

I think Sanjaya is awful and he is creepy looking. He also looks like he “smells funny.” That is because people from India I think bathe in the “river” instead of the shower. Since we have seen a pattern of the foeigners being cut, I think he will be the next to go, which will not be a bad thing because he can’t sing, I don’t think he has ever sang a note in tune.

I only care about Chris, Blake and the Brandon. The rest of these no-talent losers can be taken off the show, for all I care.

6. Sarah Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 11:14 pm

Donna, glad you are here to pass judgement for God. I am sure he appreciates it. By the way, I thought you were leaving for good because of your high morals and principles?
    Sundance really bombed tonight. Sunjaya just isn’t very good. Chris Sligh is good, but his performance was off tonight. Blake rocks!

7. White Owl Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

I have to disagree and partly agree.The first guys show was the WORST! but yea none of the shows have been that great.
    Blake Lewis and Chris Sligh were the best way to open and close the show BRAVO!!!!!.
    the worst Sanjaya and Phil I still can’t believe he sang a Leanne Rimes song EEK!

I hope Sanjaya goes he’s a bad singer but I will say he seems like a sweet guy.I also hope Phil does also.

8. Alex Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 12:48 am

Bleh.. I’ve not been interested in any of the guys performances this year.. except for Chris Richardson..

9. Amye Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 9:14 am

Heck, I’ll take Scott Savol and John Stevens back over 90% of these guys. They could sing & perform most of the time. I’d even take Constantine, at least he performed. I’d only take two of this group to the finals: Blake & Chris S.

10. NJE Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 9:55 am

Donna Lane, I am sick & tired of you! How come I got an article taken off this website, even though it was just a ranking of the night, but you haven’t after all your “Sundance Fathead” and “Chris Sigh” comments? Are you sleeping with Joe Reality or something?

This week’s ranking:
    Worst)Sanjaya Malakar (sorry kid, but it’s time to go)
    7)Jared Cotter
    6)Phil Stacey (only because the beginning was weird)
    5)Brandon Rogers
    4)Sundance Head (I thought it was great)
    3)Chris Richardson
    2)Blake Lewis
    Best)Chris Sligh

11. Donna Lane Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 9:58 am

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. ” (Leviticus 20:13)

I wanted to share the above with all of you. I saw the bit about the Indian boy/girl doing the Hula. It was grotesque. His infernal smile was splattered all over his face as he emulated the sexual dance of a polynesian woman. This is America. Maybe in India boys give their backsides to men, but here in this country we burn the gays at the stake.

12. Carrie Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:50 am

Donna Lane, what’s with all the racist comments?? If you’re so close with God and can pass judgment for Him why would you even say such stereotypical, racist things?? At least those people on the show had the guts to go try out and put themselves out there like that…what do you do but sit around and pretend to be some sort of Christian and make comments about people that are more talented than you because you’re obviously jealous…wow some Christian you are…

13. Donna Lane Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:53 am

Impersonating someone is a CRIME and is against the LAW- I am certainly not anti-gay and to portray me as thus is monstrous and evil I have many gay friends. It is true, I have criticized Clay Aiken for what I feel is not coming clean about his past and what I feel is using Jesus to do it. I have said many times in the past it is not about his being gay but what I feel is not being truthful about it, which are two different things.

I am tired of you signing my name to things.

14. Steven Joseph Rotolo Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:06 am

Since when did this forum become “Focus on the Family”?

Actually, only one person here is turning what ought to be an American Idol forum into a conservative, homophobic, xenophobic, jingoistic, racist bastion of intolerance. Donna Lane, please do not post anything else here anymore.

I am tired of hearing all these wicked pernicious women spew bile and vitriol all over the news. From Ann Coulter’s anti-gay remarks to this forum’s Donna Lane’s racist, homophobic, anti-foreigners, intolerant remarks. We don’t need this.

If this is what being Christian is all about, I will turn pagan.

Now on to American Idol’s talk:
    I liked Chris Sligh the best. I also liked Chris Richardson, Blake, and Sanjaya. My guess is that Phil and Jared are going home on Thursday. They were bland, boring, and kinda embarrassing.

15. Tom Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:08 am

Man Donna, I thought you were just kidding with your original post and it was a funny snarky post, but now I can see you are serious.

Are you the lady from Jesus Camp? You are sceeery like that lady and group of people.

16. Jericho Wellander Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:39 am

I didn’t like that many of the guys last night.

Chris Richardson was great singing “Geek in the Pink,” but last night he sang a song that would showcase a person’s voice, and his voice is too thin and small compared to the pipes of the other Chris.

Chris Sligh was good, but sang a sucky song. And Blake would’ve been great if he didn’t do that annoying beatbox crap.

I like Sanjaya despite his Hula thing which was kinda creepy, don’t you guys think? Oh, and btw, who is this Donna Lane bitch that keeps on saying stupid things about foreigners and the war on terror and the anti-gay stuff? What crawled up her ass? I thought this was an American Idol website, not some kind of Jesus Camp sequel. I really get annoyed with all these Jesus freaks who think they have been annointed as judges and enforcers of twisted demented morality… “Abomination”? Pleeeez… Donna Lane, you’re the one going to hell.

17. Mary Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 12:02 pm

brandon rogers ans sansaya are leaving the show. :)

18. Mary Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 12:05 pm

The bitch who is using a religion is a fake Cristian…. Those people use the religion to create more hate toward that religion… She if is a she is a fake Bitch…..:(

19. Donna Lane Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 12:23 pm

It is a SIN against GOD to use the awful names you are calling me. I speak the truth of our savior and if you don’t repent and accept him as the redemptor you will perish in the fiery lakes of hell, you and all the sodomites and foreigners that you love.

20. Read Your Bible, Donna Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Donna Exposed!!!!http://www.sethbarnes.com/blogphotos/sethbarnes/www/church_lady.jpg

I really thought (hoped) that this judgemental, hypocritical moron would keep her word and go away. How about that long haired, greasy foreign Jew who runs around with thieves and prostitutes, Donna? Oh yeah, you may not know him….his name is Jesus.

Anyway….I’m sorry, but Sanjaya just sucked badly. I do like Phil (I have a soft spot for military personnel being a veteran myself) but I think his poor song choices are going to come back to bite him. I like Sundance and will buy anything he records after Idol (I’m a lover of blues rock which seems to be his forte’) but in all honesty, I think the final guys are going to be the Chris’s and Brandon. I believe Chris S. has the strongest voice, overall.

PS Anyone but have to chuckle when Paula gives people singing advice? She has a weak, barely in-key voice that was only tolerable after many hours of studio dubbing and mixing…but she is nice….

21. kcluva Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 1:43 pm

phil is great. so what his beginning sucked the rest of the song was the best part of the night. sanjaya is hideous. i miss kelly clarkson. (ps-mandisa was one of the most talented voices to ever be on prime time television, luckily we have lakisha this season…hopefully she’ll make it farther)

22. Donna Lane Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 2:15 pm

The person who is following me and signing my name and email to posts I didn’t do, this is a WARNING… Stop or I will sue this website for allowing WHORES and Godless anti-American foreigners and sodomites to compete in American Idol.
    I am DONE. This is my last post. You will not have Donna Lane anymore to kick around and impersonate!!!

23. Read Your Bible, Donna Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Really???? You PROMISE this time that this is your last post? Wahoo!!!! Bubbbye and good riddance, you nutcase. I will pray for your twisted soul and black heart, Donna.

I’d like to be a fly on the wall when the attorney wets his pants laughing when DL the psycho approaches him about how she wants to sue this website for blah blah blah blah….

I think Sanjaya and Phil will be out next week, just my guess. I think by now that AI’s history has shown that not winning the top prize does not mean that one can’t start a successful career off this experience. I think that no matter who gets kicked off, we won’t hear the last of any of them.

24. Read Your Bible, Donna Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 2:32 pm

25. STUPID Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 2:48 pm

ARE YOU GUY’S SO CRAZY? PHIL STACEY AND EITHER BRANDON RODGRERS OR JARED COTTER ARE GOING HOME BECAUSE THEY COMPLETELY STUNK! I DID NOT REALLY CARE FOR BLAKE LAST NIGHT, BUT HE WILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK. SANJAYA MALAKAR. THE BEST PERFORMANCE HE EVER DONE. SUNDANCE HEAD. HE WILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK, BUT I DID NOT LIKE THIS WEEK FOR HIM. CHRIS RICHARDSON. I HAVE TO SAY THIS WAS HIS WORST WEEK YET, BUT HE WILL STILL BE AROUND. JARED COTTER WAS OKAY, BUT I THINK HE IS ONE OF THE ONES GOING. BRANDON RODGERS WAS OKAY. PHIL STACEY WAS JUST PLAN HORRIBLE. BUT I HAVE A FEELING HE WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK. CHRIS SLIGH WAS SO THE BEST OF THE NIGHT. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH, AND I THINK HE IS THE FUNNIEST THIS SEASON. SANJAYA’S HAIR, JUST FREAKED ME OUT LAST NIGHT. HE LOOKED LIKE A GIRL. AND IT WAS KINDA OF SCARY THAT HE HULA’S

26. frecklepants Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 3:01 pm

When Sanjaya said “I think people will be surprised to know I hula dance….” both my son and I simulaneously yelled “No we aren’t!” (lmao!) As Simon said, “dreadful”.

27. Steven Joseph Rotolo Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 3:12 pm

Why is everyone so homophobic in this website? We have this witch Donna Lane quoting scripture about sodomites and now this Mother/Son team disparaging Sanjaya because he is not the typical macho schmuck jock. People, why the hate? Why is everyone here so hateful?

28. frecklepant Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 3:21 pm

No hate whatsoever, Steven, and no homophobia either. Just a spontaneous statement made by both my son and I simultaneously. I just happen to think Sanjaya is a sucky singer – end of story.

29. Steven Joseph Rotolo Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 3:27 pm

Oh no no no no no no no… NO!!!

I think that Sanjaya is a very good singer, he just doesn’t have a very good voice coach to guide him through these rounds. His voice is smokey and strong… he is stronger than Chris Richardson, but Chris R makes the most of his thin weak voice. Except last night. He shouldn’t have sung such a bare bones song because we could see that he is a weak singer. A good looking performer perhaps, but not a stong voice.

Sanjaya has a more robust voice than Chris R, but he doesn’t make the most of it. He is undersinging all the time, and you could tell last night when he hit those high notes and sang with force at the end of his performance. If he sang like that all the time, he would be someone that could go high in this competition.

He will stay on, I think, because he is very popular. I think that Jared and Phil are on their way out.

30. Anonymous Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Donna Lane, you have no life and no soul. Please go away.

Blake and Sligh were the best. Personally, the latter, in my not so humble opinion, was better than than what Paula, Simon, and some online critics believed. Come on, you can tell he tried his best, and I’m not saying that because I’m a fan of his. Oh well, he’ll be here next week.

Best part of the show: Ryan saying that he’ll make an important announcement on Thursday’s results show. Why? Perhaps the announcement will be about how only four boys will be in the top 12!

…Nah, it’ll probably be about Idol Camp. Bah.

31. kcluva Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 4:13 pm

phil was not horrible last night! and frecklepants: everyone has the same lady coaching them, sanjaya is talentless. richardsons voice is not weak or thin his voice just has character. im sick of people who should not make it as far as they do(i.e. nikki mckibbin, john stevens, jasmine trias, chicken little, ect) making it in the finals…

32. frecklepants Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Kcluva, I’m the one (frecklepants) who thinks Sanjaya is a lousy singer….the poster’s name is BELOW their post :) I don’t hate any of the contestants, their singing just may not be my cup of tea. I really think Phil is talented but have a suspicion that he may not make the finals.

33. Julie Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 6:00 pm

Chris Richardson and Blake were really good last night. As for who goes home this week…my guess is Phil and Sanjaya.

34. kcluva Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 6:01 pm

oh hahaha i see. well then that was meant for rotolo. sorry frecklepants.

35. kcluva Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 6:02 pm

i guess when i see people supporting sanjaya i go a little crazy and dont look close enough…haha

36. Steven Joseph Rotolo Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 9:02 am

why do people hate Sanjaya so much? He really is not that bad. As to the coaching thingy-thing-thing, I stand by it. Sanjaya needs a better voice coach, and Chris Richardson (don’t get me wrong, I like the boy, and I think he is making it to the final 12) he has a weak thin voice, it may have character, but it is weak and thin… Sanjaya’s voice is smokey and more robust, but he doesn’t have the technique to make the most of it.

Please, stop the hate. Don’t beat up on the kid as if he was a serial murderer… He’s just an inexperienced 17 year old with a great voice and an unrealized potential. Please, no more hate.

37. Dawn Says:
    March 23rd, 2007 at 3:14 am

The American Idol website just deactivated my account just because I said the voting needed to be changed… and that Sanjaya needed to go home and get a vocal coach because his voice is too weak…Goes to show you never know where the brushover lies

38. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says:
    October 11th, 2007 at 9:57 am

Geez, Simon only complimented two of them (well, at least they’re my favorites

Comments