Which American Idol Guys Will Make The Top Twelve Finalists?

March 06, 2007 06:30 AM by Joe Reality

Ai6_top16The Top Eight guys (Jared Cotter, Sundance Head, Blake Lewis, Sanjaya
Malakar
, Chris Richardson, Brandon Rogers, Chris Sligh, Phil Stacey)
will take the stage once again, singing for America on Tuesday, March 6
(8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT)

The next cut on American Idol is one of the hardest.  Contestants who reach the top twenty-four semi-finalists receive moderate fame from American Idol, but most are forgotten within a couple of months.  However, contestants who reach the top twelve finalists receive enough fame that they can likely make careers out of their appearance, even if they never land a record deal.

Among the eight remaining American Idol guys, there are only two that are likely sure things for making the next round of the competition.  Blake Lewis and Chris Sligh seem to have the combination of both talent and popularity that will almost certainly propel them to the top twelve.  Even if they were to have off nights, the judges would remind viewers of their previous performances and they would still make it through.

Even though it will likely surprise a lot of viewers, Sundance Head and Sanjaya Malakar are also good bets to make the top twelve.  As long as they show up, it seems like their fan base is capable of keeping them around.

Chris Richardson hasn’t built up the fan following of some of the other contestants, but he has the advantage of being someone who should progress in the competition based on talent.  It will be interesting to see if more of Chris’ background and personality will come out in future shows.  Chris has the potential to be a darkhorse contestant like fellow Virginian Elliott Yamin was last year.  However, Chris has to have another show-stopping performance to make the next round, because an average performance won’t be good enough at this point.

If Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, Sundance Head, Sanjaya Malakar, and Chris Richardson all make the top six guys, then there is only one spot left to go to either Brandon Rogers, Jared Cotter, and Phil Stacey.  Brandon Rogers was an early favorite, but Phil Stacey has been the most consistent, and Jared Cotter has been coming on strong lately.  Whichever one has the best night will likely make the top six guys, but two of them could make it if Chris Richardson falters.  Post your predictions below about which six guys you think will make the top twelve.

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
American Idol news.  For
other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

27 Responses to “Which American Idol Guys Will Make The Top Twelve Finalists?”

1. Anonymous Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 8:34 am

i THINK THE TOP 6 GUYS ARE BLAKE LEWIS, SUNDANCE HEAD, CHIRS RICHARDSON, CHRIS SLIGH, PHIL STACEY, AND SANJAYA MALAKAR. JARED COTTER AND BRANDON RODGERS ARE LEAVING US.

2. Anonymous Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:12 am

people are voting sundance and sanjaya in for fun or because they liked them from earlier rounds. chris sligh and blake lewis are also in. i think we can probably stick a fork in brandon rogers. and phil stacey seems like a sure thing. so id say its between chris richardson and jared cotter. vote jared foos!

3. kcluva Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 10:30 am

sanjaya and sundance blow

4. Anonymous Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 10:40 am

likely that brandon and chris R will be out. it would be a shame to loose jared at this point and chris R as well but I dont see sanjaya or sundance leaving even though the 3 top picks for leaving in my book are sundance, sanjaya and brandon.

5. bob Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 11:04 am

i think that sanjaya is an absolute joke.. the guys has no talent. For me chris sligh, Chris R, Jared Cotter, and Blake are safe. Cuz there the ones with someting to offer. Sundance is kind of a joke and brandon has tons of talent.. If brandon delivers on friday he’ll definetly be safe.

6. idolcrazy Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 11:17 am

The fact that you don’t have a link for Jared Cotter speaks for itself.
    Unless he brings the performance of a lifetime, or if he’s very, very lucky (a.k.a: not the first boy to sing), he’s gone. Not even a good performance can prevent elimination if you’re little known, as evidenced by A.J.’s elimination.

My male picks: Blake, Chris. S., Chris R., Sundance (may or may not be fair), Phil, and Sanjaya (definitely will not be fair unless he also gives the performance of his life).

Jared and Brandon, we barely knew ye.

7. DEBBIE NAZARETH Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 1:10 pm

THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR WATCHING THE SHOW/ I REALLY ONLY LIKE THE TWO AMERICANS- CHRIS RICHARDSON AND BLAKE LEWIS/ I HOPE THE TWO FAT ONES AND THE UGLY ONE DO NOT MAKE IT//

8. Jac Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 1:27 pm

ok am I losing my mind??
    SANJAYA IS AWFUL, not to mention highly unattractive with a slightly creepy Michael Jackson feel to him. WHO IS VOTING FOR HIM?? If he makes it to the top 12 I just might die.
    Brandon is a really good singer… why dont people see that?? Jared is pretty bad, comparable to Alaina -cute but just not meant to sing.
    CHRIS R. is so unique and good. I love his little trade mark look to the side dance he does at the mic. Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, Phil Stacey -duh, they are all awesome. I dont know how I feel about SUNDANCE…I liked his original tryout a lot. If he did stuff like that I wouldnt mind him being around.
    JUST GET RID OF SANJAYA PLEASE…it brings me pain to watch him.

9. Chris Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 2:38 pm

There is only one of the men that I truely hope to win. That is Blake Lewis, he is amazing, very talented, and the way he can sing and beat w/ the scatting, not many people can do that. That sounded better than a machine could ever do it. However, the top six that I think of the men are going to make it is…

BLAKE LEWIS :: Because of his talent, voice, and amazing ability, the scatting and beatboxing is amazing.

CHRIS SLIGH :: Because of his humer, and his voice is so soft and soothing, but yet, has the ability to sing the big songs.

SUNDANCE HEAD :: Because of that amazing perfomance last week, as long as he does another one like that, he is safe.

CHRIS RICHARDSON :: Because he is a cool guy, and he finds a way to make any song his own, with the way he dances and sing the song.

PHIL STACEY :: Because he is very talented, not my favorite, but he is definately good enough for the top 12.

JARED COTTER :: Because his voice doesn’t sound bad, and he isn’t boring what so ever. And I just think he will make it.

I think that Brandon is talented, but he will probably be going home this week, which does make me sad, but i didn’t think he was going to win the whole thing anyways, he didn’t have a chance.

Sanjaya is a nice guy, but he is funny looking, horrible dresser, and he is just a trocious when he sings, and I will never vote for him, and he is not suitable for this compitition, sorry!

10. idolfaninky Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 2:39 pm

Blake is the most unique of the bunch so he should move on … Phil surprised me and deserves to move on based on his consistently strong performances. Chris ‘Sly’ needs to bring back that personality and he’d be unbeatable. Everyone else seems like an ‘also ran.’

11. Anonymous Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 3:21 pm

Debbie Nazareth, re-read your post, and realize how conceited and blunt you sound.

Don’t become the next Donna Lane.

12. MN Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 5:11 pm

This is how America will probably vote:

1.Sundance
    2.Blake
    3.Chris S
    4.Phil Stacy
    5.Sanjaya
    6.Chris
    7.Brandon
    8.Jarred

13. Tyler Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 6:03 pm

TOP 6 guys: Chris Sligh
    Sundance Head
    Blake Lewis
    Phil Stacey
    Sanjaya Malakar(my fav. he’s AWESOME and u go 2 hell if u think he’s gay! just cuz of long hair. i would know, i got long hair and girls LOVE IT!!! jealous stupid people!!!)
    either Brandon Rogers or Chris Richardson based on performences.
    Jared is too unpopular and bad singing. srry Jared

14. Moe Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 6:17 pm

Bye to Brandon and either Chris R or Jared. Hope Chris R leaves, he’s a fag

15. Anonymous Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 7:25 pm

um i hope chris s and sundance make it and i REALLY hope Sanjay does

16. Sarah Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Blake Lewis and Chris Sligh are the best Guys.

DEBBIE NAZARETH http://lakishajones.net

17. May Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 8:27 pm

Sanjaya has to be in the top 12. He is the best out of all 8 boys.
    Jared,Phil,Blake and Chris R could be good enough for the top 12.
    So it’ll be down to Chris S, Sundance and Brandon. PLEASE! Whatever you all do, get rid of Sundance! I have never, never, never, never, never, never, never, ever liked him. I believe he is here just to be on TV. I saw him appear on GAC when I was 5! He was famialar! Sundance can not sing! You all hear me! If you get rid of Sundance then you can do whatever you wanna do with Chris Sligh and Brandon.

18. Ashley Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 9:44 pm

Sanjaya needs to go! His orginal try out was amazing, once he got on the show he just sucked. Chris Richardson is the bomb and I love his voice. AND HE IS NOT A FAG! His voice is different and makes me want to dance! Blake Lewis as well is a great singer! I love when he breaks out into his beat boxing. Those two guys HAVE TO STAY!
    My friends wants to say that She liked Sundance in the beginning, but for some reason she lost intrest in him. At this point she doesnt know who is going to go home.

19. Sarah Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 11:17 pm

DEBBIE NAZARETH, AKA Donna Lane, aka Donna Mills

20. MEL Says:
    March 6th, 2007 at 11:23 pm

Based on tonight’s performances I feel the best of the guys are: CHRIS S.; CHRIS R. and BLAKE. Don’t really care about any of the rest of them. Liked Phil S. before but he did not impress at all tonight! Also, Sanjaya still being in the competition is a joke! All in all the guys were VERY weak tonight and disappointing. What is up with Sundance and all the hype? I just don’t get it. This guy has not impressed me at all even from the beginning. I think Jared and Brandon will be leaving this week even though Sanjaya should go before them.

21. concerned reader Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 6:33 am

Sarah, this is a comment board, not endless advertising for stupid Idol contestant sites- they should force you to pay an AD rate the way you prance around trying to get people to go there. I’m sure I speak for the other readers when I say no one wants to see your face around here again.

22. kcluva Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 1:29 pm

wait…there are people that actually think sanjaya is talented? it will be very sad tomorrow when two talented contestants get voted off and the joke that is sanjaya malakar makes it to the top 12. it happens every year. a ridiculously horrible person with little (or in this case no) talent makes it to the finals because of a large fan base. i see people saying jared will go, and i have to agree he might not make it…but the sad thing is that jared can sing circles around sanjaya. maybe we can try and get it right this season and have a truly talented person win the competition and represent well. hicks was fun, but daughtry who finished fourth place last season has outsold him by a mile already. its proof that the person with the most votes isnt always the best. it’s too bad, but we’ll see what happens. hopefully sanjaya will go soon…

23. Nancy Drew Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 4:00 pm

i reallly reallly like brandon but…. well hes gone i voted for him tons of timews but i didnt want my phone to get in trouble so anyway… ii hope SUNDANCE AND SINJAYA go homE OMG hey are soooo anyying blake lewis and chris richardson are my faves they r sooo cute thier last week performances were like the only oens i willl ever rememebr !!!! love them screw them welll exceot for chris slye i like him tooo but other than that i wont rmember any one else so my top 6 are

1 . Blake hoteeeeee
    2. Chris R. HOTEEEEE
    3. Chris slye FUNNY
    4. BRandon R. CUTIEEE
    5. JARED wierdo…
    6. i cant remeber the other one i think its oh .. PHil — BALDEEE

24. Mike M Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 8:09 pm

Sanjaya is truly wretched. He would be wonderful if he were in a high school play, but on this stage he is out of his league. He knows it, why doesn’t everyone else?

Chris Sligh is the best singer of the guys and is entertaining. Blake is unique and multidimensional. I have to say Jared should be the other guy out with Sanjaya. Sanjaya NEEDS to go. See ya later buddy!

25. Ricky Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 12:22 am

Blake and Chris R are the only ones who deserve to be in the top 12. However, I have a feeling Chris S. will make it far like top4 because he’s from Birmingham.

26. Anonymous Says:
    March 14th, 2007 at 6:58 pm

By the way, people don’t think Sanjaya is gay because of his hair. There are MANY other reasons – to name a few, he is a hula dancer, he talks like a girl, and he is way too feminine. I don’t care that if he is gay – I think it’s cool! His sister probably doesn’t care either.

27. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says: