American Idol Girls Once Again Show Up the Boys

March 07, 2007 09:29 PM by Joe Reality

Melinda_woman_performanceIn introducing the American Idol top eight girls performance show, Ryan
Seacrest looked around and noticed that Paula Abdul was missing and
said that they would find her.  Later when talking to the judges, Ryan
Seacrest pointed to Paula Abdul and said “we were worried.”  Simon
Cowell told Seacrest, “She was under the desk,” and Randy Jackson added
“She had to get something for me.”  Seacrest then reminded Randy that
it was a family show.

Of course, maybe Paula went in hiding after last night’s disappointing guys performance show, but fortunately the girls gave plenty of reason for everyone to come out of hiding.  In her intro segment, Jordin Sparks revealed that there was a time in her live when she wanted to play football.  Jordin Sparks sang “Heartbreaker.”  Randy Jackson said “Way to start out the night.”  Paula Abdul said “I just think each week you’re getting better and better and better.”  Simon Cowell said “I thought it was bit manic, a bit shrieky in the middle.”

In her intro segment, Sabrina Sloan revealed that she hosted her high school news show.  Sabrina Sloan sang “Don’t Let Go.”  Randy Jackson said “It’s another good solid performance.”  Paula Abdul said “You can sing, sing, sing.”  Simon Cowell said “For me, it was a little bit robotic.”

In her intro segment, Antonella Barba revealed that she has played the violin since she was four years old.  Antonella Barba sang “Put Your Records On.”  Randy Jackson said “It’s kust another ok performance for me.”  Paula Abdul said “I think it was the right song choice for you and where you stand right now with your range.”  Simon Cowell said “You’ve gone as far as you can go Antonella.”

In her intro segment, Haley Scarnato revealed that she used to be a gymnast before her body started giving out.  Haley Scarnato sang “If My Heart Had Wings.”  Randy Jackson said “It’s ok, I wasn’t jumping up and down.”  Paula Abdul said “May not have been our favorite song, but you sang it well.”  Simon Cowell said “I thought it was like some terrible, ghastly high school musical performance.”

In her intro segment, Stephanie Edwards revealed that she use to be very shy.  Stephanie Edwards sang “Sweet Thing.”  Randy Jackson said “I’ll give you an ‘A” for a valiant effort.”  Paula Abdul said “I thought you were darn near flawless.”  Simon Cowell said “For me, you have 100% done enough to sing your way into the final twelve next week.”

In her intro segment, Lakisha Jones revealed that she is terrified of animals.  Lakisha Jones sang “I Have Nothing.”  Randy Jackson said “Another great performance by the great Lakisha.”  Paula Abdul said “You’ve already made us love you.  You don’t have to run anywhere.  You’re going to stay right here, and you’re going to work on being the next Idol.”  Simon Cowell said “What we haven’t seen tonight, but you brought: passion, talent, believability, and of course the yo factor.”

In her intro segment, Gina Glocksen revealed her lucky charms.  Gina Glocksen sang “Call Me When You’re Sober.”  Randy Jackson said “This is who I always thought that you were.”  Paula Abdul said “This is more or less who I imagined you to be.”  Simon Cowell said “I think you tended to scream the song, but actually I really, really hope you make it through next week.”

In her intro segment, Melinda Doolittle revealed some of her quirky habits.  Melinda Doolittle sang “I’m A Woman.”  Randy Jackson said “The hottest one of the night, you deserve it.”  Paula Abdul said “You are so phenomenal, you are so likable.”  Simon Cowell said “You little tiger.  I thought we had a pussycat.  I loved that.”

For the second week in a row, Melinda Doolittle hands down stole the show.  She’s probably the closest thing to a guaranteed top twelve finalist in the history of American Idol.  Lakisha Jones isn’t far behind and will also be joining her for certain.  Besides Melinda and Lakisha being sure things, it’s very tough to call who will be staying and who will be going among the girls.

We also think Gina Glocksen has a good chance of staying because she’s both an excellent singer and different.  Despite the less that stellar feedback from the judges, Antonella Barba also has a good chance because not only will her fans vote for her, but she has the support of the vote for the worst contingent.

The girls who are likely most at risk are Stephanie Edwards, Jordin Sparks, Sabrina Sloan, and Haley Scarnato.  Even though they are not the two worst singers, we are going to predict that Jordin Sparks and Sabrina Sloan will be eliminated.  Unfortunately for them, they went in the dreaded two opening spots, and we’re afraid that after Melinda Doolittle’s spectacular last performance that viewers are going to forget to vote for them.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

31 Responses to “American Idol Girls Once Again Show Up the Boys”

1. theidolgirlsbeatoutmostoftheboysbyamile...atleast Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:05 pm

Ideal top 12 for me:
    Girls: All of them but Haley and Antonella
    Boys: Both Chrises (although Sligh is better), Blake Lewis (probably going to be the guy who makes it the farthest), and anyone in the fourth spot except Phil, Sanjaya, and Sundance.

…however, I doubt this set-up will happen.

Tonight:
    Best: Melinda and LaKisha
    Notable: Stephanie and Gina
    Not Good at All:Antonella and Haley
    Everyone Else: Better than the guys, thank God
    Who SHOULD go:…Antonella and Haley!
    Who WILL go: Anybody’s guess, but Melinda, LaKisha, and Antonella are pretty much shoo-ins for the top 12. One of them (guess who?)is not on singing voice.

2. Anonymous Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:08 pm

I think Haley Scarnato is definitely going home.

3. Anonymous Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:11 pm

Antonella has played with something rather than a violin. It’s time for her to go people!

4. Sarah Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:28 pm

Lakisha is awesome!http://lakishajones.net

5. sha Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

wow…melinda was amazing, i think she definatly has a chance of winning the title. and the whole “paula being under the desk getting randy something” was pretty funny. there has been a lot of sexual references on the show lately. remember jared cotter last week anyone? and paula commenting on his performance. yea lets keep it a family show people. but funny nonetheless. i think antonella should definatly be going home. the only reason she’s stayed this long is because of the pictures. haley has a great voice but her song choices can sometimes be well…cheesy. i think she will be going home too along with antonella. but then agaon, this IS american idol and no one is really safe or gone for sure. but i think one thing is for sure this season, it’s a ladies year. the guys haven’t really stepped it up at all. the only ones worth being in the top 12 are Blake, Sundance(he needs to pick better songs though), Chris Sligh, and i guess Chris Richardson. i can’t wait to see who goes home tommorow, if there will be a big suprise or something. and i’m excited to see carrie underwood on the show again. oh by the way, did anyone happen to notice Simon bring up the whole jennifer hudson calling american idol a “stepping stone” thing during melinda’s critique? i did i thought that was intresting.

6. Sunni Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Malinda was off the hook…she can sang…I agree she should walk right into the studio and cut her alubm…she is on her way hands down just from this exposure. Lakeshia is my next choice..powerful voice…good stage presence…but really Malinda is the one who should win..or at least I hope so based on talent with Lakeshia runner up!

7. Tom Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:11 pm

Jordin going home?? haha

i highly doubt that IMO. Jordin was different than the other divas and they know that. SHe sang Pat Benatar and that will keep her in

8. matt Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:15 pm

im in the west coast and barely watching this Sabrina knocked it off it was great!!!

9. matt Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:57 pm

Loved Sabrina Lakisha and Melinda!

10. Jacobbi Swepp Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 12:49 am

The American public should vote not only for the talents but also for their looks. Say 50% talent and 50% star quality. Remember Fantasia? she’s good but I can’t stare at her for that long, you know what I mean. I’m just being honest.

11. PUDDINHEAD Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 5:00 am

I think Stephanie is definately going home because she is just way too Beyonce and that is NOT a compliment, everyone HATES Beyonce. Antonella will scoot by AGAIN to suck yet another week. Sabrina is in trouble too because for the life of me I can never remember what she sang, she just isn’t memorable and she SCREAMS her songs. Haley is underrated, I hope she sticks around another week to prove that. She needs to pick something hip, like a Madonna song or something.

Am I the only one who thinks Melinda is just a tad too good to be the rube she claims to be?

12. poonani Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 5:25 am

Melinda was great. LaKisha was terrible. How many times have we heard this song? She did bring anything new to it. She is so boring.

Antonella was good this week.

13. kcluva Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 7:42 am

i dont think melinda is all she’s cracked up to be. someone who is that talented has to know it. i think she’s fake. the humble bunny rabbit stint is just a gimmick to get attention. i agree, she’s great…but i cant stand her.
    lakisha is my favorite, too bad she’ll get voted off fourth or some ridiculously other early place.
    i didnt think haley was that horrible last night, i always forget jordin…and i really like stephanie, except she reminds me way too much of fantasia who i cant stand. i want her to give another performance like week one of top24.

14. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 7:48 am

My husband commented that Haley sounded like a Disney singer – put her in a Snow White costume on stage at Disney World…not that there is anything wrong with that….I’m sorry, I don’t care about the whole picture fiasco, but Antonella simply is not as good a singer as the others. She has a distinctive voice and perhaps will have a career with it, but I don’t see her or Haley making it another week – the competition by really strong singers is just too evident. Humble bunny act or no, I love Melinda and thinks she’s a very real contender for winning this thing.

15. Craig Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 9:10 am

Who should go: Antonella, Haley

Who will go: Haley, Sabrina

16. Steven Joseph Rotolo Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 9:13 am

Melinda is far and away the front runner here. Lakisha is a close second. But my favorites are Jordin and Antonella.

I like Jordin because she is such a pretty girl with a big voice and she knows how to use it, and she is still in high school! That is extraordinary, to have such pipes at a young age. She will go places.

Antonella is getting so much bad press, it must be hard for her. I mean, come on. Let’s put ourselves in her position. She is being pummeled by the judges, she is being called a whore by the media, she is being maligned and insulted in forums like this one (people, really… why the hate?), and yet she has to get up there and sing, being pitted against women who are far more skilled than her. But she’s there, she’s doing it, she’s improving every week. And she is facing all her detractors and the hysterical mob in cyberspace with dignity and grace. I root for her and I vote for her and I wish her nothing but the best. In the face of such ugliness coming from everyone, Antonella is a pillar of strength and a bastion of perseverance. So what if Melinda can blow her off the stage with one note? Some of the greatest performers in the world (Madonna and Beyonce) have a very limited range. Go for it Antonella!!!!

17. NJE Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 9:40 am

I can’t wait to see what the big event is tonight! Everyone I know is extremely curious as to what it is.

This week’s ranking:
    Worst)Antonella Barba (GO HOME NOW!)
    7)Haley Scarnato
    6)Sabrina Sloan
    5)Stephanie Edwards
    4)Jordin Sparks (disagree with Joe Reality)
    3)Lakisha Jones
    2)Gina Glocksen
    Best)Melinda Doolittle

18. Liz Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 10:25 am

Best to Worst in my opinion:
    1. Melinda
    2. Lakisha
    3. Sabrina
    4. stephanie
    5. Gina
    6. Jordin
    7. Haley
    8. Antonella

19. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:08 am

20. no one Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Antonella and Hayle r going home!!

Melinda and Gina dont have to worry they were awesome!

21. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 12:31 pm

Jordin rocked the house!!!

Gina is so AWESOME!!

The girls are soooo much better then the guys!

22. Tony Williams Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 1:29 pm

“Whenever Lakisha gets up to sing, I don’t know if I’m watching American Idol or a “cattle auction.”

This is a comment I would expect from one of the rude boys.

It is true! Women are their own worst enemies.

23. kcluva Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 2:14 pm

melindas soo weird! i hate that she’s so fake. lakisha is the real deal. from day one she was a star, and she was never needed to be a “backup singer”. lakisha should win, but she wont and neither will melinda (hopefully)…because thats just the way america is.

24. kcluva Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 2:15 pm

oh and lakisha is not a cow. she may be bigger, but she definitely knows what to wear and pulls it off exquisitely.

25. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 3:50 pm

Reality TV Magazine, you guys are WRONG about Jordin Sparks of AZ and Sabrina Sloan going home, I see both Jordin and Sabrina joining Melinda, Lakisha, and Stepahnie in the Top 6 girls tonight, Haley is all but gone tonight, and the 6 spot will come down to Gina Glocksen OR Antonella Barba-it’s a girls year and everyone on AI knows it.

26. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:25 pm

I am ranking them best to worst.
    1) Lakisha Jones
    2) Melinda Doolittle
    3) Jordin Sparks
    4) Sabrina Slaon
    5) Stephanie Edwards
    6) Gina Glocksen
    7) Haley Scarnato
    8) Antonella Barba, but I have to say it was her best week, but she was still the worst. I hope she leaves this week instead of somone amazing.

27. ROSIE IS AN UNFUNNY OLD HAG Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:48 pm

I’m only voting for Gina and Blake because they’re different and don’t bore me. According to Rosie I must be a racist if I don’t vote for some Beyonce/Fantasia/Frenchie/Jennifer Hudson sound alike. Screw her, I’ll vote only for whites from now on just to piss her and all the other PC idiots off. HAHA.

28. rita Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 5:19 pm

What is Simon’s problem with Jennifer Hudson? So what she said the show was a stepping stone. They keep telling them to use the show as a stepping stone to something better (especially when like Jennifer they don’t offer her a record contract) and now he is pissed about her saying it. He is so jealous of her winning the Oscar. That whole Oscar scene/crowd is closed to him and he just can’t take it.

29. kcluva Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 6:02 pm

i think he’s upset because american idol was not a stepping stone for her. american idol discovered her…maybe he feels AI deserves a little more credit. if you remember correctly jennifer didnt even make the top 12 on her own, she was randys wildcard pick…

30. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:22 am

And when Jennifer won the NAACP award, she thanked Randy for choosing her and believing in her and Jennifer thanked Idol on the Oscar thank-you cam backstage, she even said “thank you Simon”- I think it was more important to thank Jennifer Holliday than American Idol in her Oscar speech and she barely got that in. She has continuously thanked Idol and said she would not have gotten the role without their exposure. He is just jealous of her, like you obviously are.

31. michael Arnold Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 10:46 am

i em ordering the top 8 gurlz that r the best for real and that DEFENITLY SHOULD MAKE IT 2 DA TOP 12 GOT IT PPLZ AND IF U DON’T AGREE WIT’ ME 2 BAD:

1} Haley Scarnato: the best, amazing, and hot.
    2} Jordin Sparks: Pretty,powerful,strong.
    3] Antonella: hot,amazing voice,sweetest.
    4] Melinda Doolittle: strong, pretty,nice,powerful.
    5]Sabrina Sloan: hott,amazing,powerful voice.
    6] Lakisha Jones: powerful voice, strong, pretty.
    7] Stephanie edwards: strong, not so good,nervous,pretty.
    8] Gina Glocksen: totally painful,pretty buhh i think she didn’t dezerve that spot in the top 12 at all. now this iz da real order!

THE BEST GOUP:Haley Scarnato and Jordin Sparks!

THE 2nd BEST GROUP:Antonella barba and Melinda Doolittle!

THE OK GROuP: Sabrina Sloan and Lakisha Jones!

THE GURLZ WHO R DA WORST: Stephanie Edwards and Gina Glocksen