Antonella Barba Controversy Finally Mentioned On American Idol

March 07, 2007 10:38 PM by Joe Reality

Antonella_barba_controversyEven though American Idol producers and judges had voiced their support
for Antonella Barba in interviews outside of the show, there had been no official
mention on the show of the controversial pictures of Antonella that
have been floating around the Internet.  During the American Idol top
eight girls performance show
, a direct reference was made to the
controversy for the first time.

While no one went as far as to call out both the fake and real pictures of Antonella Barba that have made her the focus of many search engine inquiries, Simon Cowell touched on the controversy in his comments to Antonella.  After Antonella sang “Put Your Records On,” Cowell said “I feel for you, because you’ve taken a lot of stick in the media, I think you’ve handled yourself well throughout, and I don’t think anyone should be put in that situation, I do.”

Of course the feedback on Antonella Barba’s actual singing was no where near as positive as the compliments for handling the recent media scrutiny.  Cowell told Antonella, “I’m not going to patronize you here, it wasn’t your worst.  We’ve heard you sound worst, but I just have a problem here which is I just wish you could sing better.”

After Cowell’s feedback, Ryan Seacrest asked Antonella Barba if she felt like she deserved a place in the final twelve, and Antonella responded “Yeah, I mean I think I know I’m surrounded by really talented people and I think that I just have a different style than them, and I’m not trying to compare myself to anybody else, and I wish the judges wouldn’t compare me to anyone else, because I try to be myself.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol
and SirLinksALot: Antonella
Barba

Topics: American Idol |

21 Responses to “Antonella Barba Controversy Finally Mentioned On American Idol”

1. Anonymous Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:24 pm

What a hypocrite, she compared herself to Jennifer Hudson! C’mon Antonella, just go straight to Playboy and shut up already. You’re NOT innocent.

2. FreeJose Says:
    March 7th, 2007 at 11:30 pm

Everyone knows her future isn’t singing at the Grammy’s. Her real talents lie elsewhere, so let’s stop delaying the inevitable. She is absolutely going to Playboy once she gets voted off.

3. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 12:33 am

Antonella, nobody respects you anymore. Everyone will ALWAYS see you as a naughty girl. I mean at least be a good singer!

4. Big Poppa Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:06 am

Antonella Barba needs a reality check. I agree with Simon and after 30 years in the music industry I have enough experience to ask, what in world is she thinking? She is merely average, no better than millions of teen girls who sing along to the radio. That’s ok, but she doesn’t have what it takes to be a star. I could care less about the photos, real or not.

This girl doesn’t have the skills!

5. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:47 am

The only reason she is still there is because of the vote for the worst website. That website should be banned because it isn’t fair that REAL singers get voted off and someone like her get to stay!

6. PUDDINHEAD Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:52 am

Antonella sucks but a sucky singer is exactly what America needs after the void left by Britney Spears crack up.

7. Mike C Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 8:02 am

Listen up! All this junk on Antonella isnt worth it. She’s not a great singer. Shes still close to the bottom of this weak seasons “Idols”!!
    Again, yes, the girls were much better than the guys. And Tontalaya, that long-haired sensitive fool, is NOT a singer!!
    He is ghastly!
    Look for Venetia or Melinda or Stephanie to win the crown.
    I cant even see a guy in the top three!!
    Chew on that! Who cares if Antonella poses nude all over the Internet or other media, she is not a STAR!!!

8. steven joseph rotolo Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 9:07 am

Antonella is such a good looking woman and has a great voice. The problem is that she doesn’t have a good technique. She needs coaching. But she came close to being good with her performance last night, especially towards the end.

Most of the vitriol against Antonella comes from women, which is pretty much a jealousy thing. Men have no problem with her, and that’s why she is in the competition still, because the people who vote for her are paying attention to her voice and not being jealous of her beauty.

9. OSAMA OBAMA YOMAMA Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 9:08 am

ANTONELLA SING GOOD. YOU PEOPLE BRAINWASH BY FAT BROWN SCREAMERS OR TRENDY WHITE ROCKER PUNK CHICK. GET REAL. NOW, BACK TO THE PUSSYCAT DOLL SHOW, YUM YUM.

10. Whatever Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:10 am

Antonella is not a good singer compared to the talent she is surrounded by. Since working with a talent agency I can definitly say that she is not cut out to be a singer! She has the looks, but is lacking the vocals.

Her range is ok, the sound of her voice is very pretty, but when it comes to her trying to sound like a big star like mariah carey…she doesn’t even come close. She can’t fluctuate her voice very well, and a lot of her notes are flat.

With work she may be a great singer, but I don’t think she is worth anything right now.

11. Melissa Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:28 am

When I first saw Antonella in her original audition, I thought that she was a nice girl with a unique and pretty voice. Now, when this scandal has been revealed, I have lost all my respect for her. Her performances are suffering as well, and her image is a horrible one for young children – after all, American Idol is a family show.

I think Antonella should be voted off tonight. The photos, her bad performances – it’s enough. She needs to go home.

12. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:36 am

Look, I understand the producers descision to keep her on the show, since she wasnt technically hoping for these photos to pop out on the internet. Hey, go to a teenagers myspace and I’m sure youll see an inappropriate photo or two.

But I think Antonella is a good lesson that should you want to be famous (and you have the chance), that you have to watch your actions, at all times.

On another note. I think the best descision for Antonella would have been to quit the competition herself. Shed become a very successful model, and could even sock a record deal, since we know she CAN sing.

But it’s too late, and I think Idol will pull her along like dead weight.

13. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:38 am

But it’s too late, and I think Idol will pull her along like dead weight.

14. Judi Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I don’t think she handles the media blitz well — I think she is just stupidly unaware of what is going on. She is dense or purposely misunderstands the critisism of her less than adequate vocals. She is not a class act but is intead a back-talking snot. I don’t care if she rides through the streets of Pittsburg naked — she still can’t sing.

15. Soulie Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 12:28 pm

I don’t give her credit for handling the media blitz well. The contestants haven’t been allowed to speak with the press, so there was no opportunity for her to “handle” the situation.

Regarding general idiocy (whether she’s clothed or not): wishing that the judges wouldn’t compare her with others is ludicrous; it’s a COMPETITION, and the idea is not for the singers to be in respective vacuums, but for them to be compared to each other.

16. Mary Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 2:36 pm

Pure Facts…..
    Haley and anthonela must home they are horrible singers….. HORRIBLE singers.. Buuuuuuuu

17. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:23 pm

Lets start out with Jordin Sparks. She was so amazing for 17. Then Sabrina Sloan was awesome. Then Antonella. It was her best week yet, but I still think she should go home because she is one of the worsts. Haley Scarnato went next and I think it is the road for her. Stephanie Edwards was amazing. Lakisha Jones was fantatic. Gina Glocksen was good enough to make another week. Melinda Doolittle was brillant. I think Haley and Antonella and the rest will make the top 12.

18. Rob Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:43 pm

Sadly, Antonella will NOT be leaving us tonight, nor for some time. This is what AI has become. Find the new Idol, but also sympathize with the underdog and give them extra chances. Controversy breeds interest, and this is what will keep her here until the hardcore voters take charge. Then, it’s on to MTV for the production of her own reality show, most likely titled “Jersey Girl”.

19. Jersey Robby Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 4:51 pm

Melinda….Best in Show; Humble
    Lakisha…2nd best, a bit cocky.
    Sabrina…Sultry and Sensational
    Jordin.. a spark (no pun intended)
    Stephanie.. Great pipes, so so song
    Gina..Joan Jett? Separated @ birth?
    Haley… Looks 10 Voice 3
    Antonella..The tabloids await you!

20. myshia Says:
    March 14th, 2007 at 8:05 am

I think that Antonella is a good singer..i think everyone should cut her some slack. How would you like it if you were on American Idol and people posted these comments about you?

21. michael Arnold Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 10:01 am

i think that Antonella should of gotten a spot in the top 12, i mean i think she is really hott and has one of the best voices. i don’t think that it is right for who ever put these photos on here about her and i honestly don’t think that that is actually antonella in those pictures, i think people are jealous and America u don’t no who u are voting for. I mean y wuld u put sanjaya in the fricken top 12!!??? Antonella iz 1 million timez better!! my favoritez this year were Antonella barba And Haley scarnato cuz of their amazing voicez, hot lookz, and for being them self and who they rele are in da inside. it would be amazing if i got 2 meet antonella and haley sumtime.!! u go gurlz!!! show america and prove america who u guyz rele r!!!… Make sum ccdz guyz i em sure that ppl wuld luv that idea!!i mean i defenitly would!! Have A Great Summer Guyz!!>….

Comments