American Idol Results Shocker – Antonella Barba Out, Sanjaya Malakar In

March 08, 2007 10:37 PM by Joe Reality

Aijudges_shockedJust when it starts to look like American Idol is becoming predictable,
there always seem to be a surprising and shocking results show.  The
top twelve finalists results show is being met with both applause and
outrage on American Idol message boards.

Antonella Barba became the most searched for Idol because of some revealing photos of her posted around the Internet.  Despite receiving negative feedback from the judges, she survived week after week.  However, after what was actually perhaps her best performance in the competition, she was eliminated just short of reaching the top twelve.

While many fans are applauding Antonella’s elimination as America finally voting based on talent, other outcomes on the same results show are being met with protests.  While many expected Jared Cotter to be eliminated based on the little screen time he had received, Sabrina Sloan and Sundance Head’s eliminations came as a shock to many.

In regards to talent, many put Sabrina Sloan in the top six girls, including American Idol judge Randy Jackson.  After Sabrina Sloan’s elimination, Randy Jackson said “Sabrina should be in that top twelve, dog.  She definitely put it down.  America got that one wrong I think.”

While Sundance Head has had his up and downs, Sanjaya Malakar has taken the biggest criticism from the judges. After Sundance Head’s elimination and Sanjaya Malakar’s progression to the top twelve, Paula Abdul said “I’m speechless.  I am.  This is a singing competition, and Sundance you’ve been one of our finest.”  When Ryan Seacrest asked Simon Cowell what happened, Cowell replied “The volume was turned down” and shrugged his shoulders in disbelief.

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
American Idol news.  For
other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

165 Responses to “American Idol Results Shocker – Antonella Barba Out, Sanjaya Malakar In”

1. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 10:44 pm

The shock to me is LaKisha Jones keeps getting great notices after she sings the most sung song in Idol history- she should have been the one to go instead of Sabrina, who actually showed originality in her song choices. LaKisha has no personality and is always so boring and she is such a downer. She always looks like she is about to commit suicide.

2. kcluva Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 10:54 pm

please tell me youre kidding. lakisha is one of the most talented idol contestants of all time. and hopefully she will not go at all. she sang the most sung idol song ever because she can. i cannot name the title of one song sabrina has ever sang on the show. i agree she is very talented, and should be in the top twelve. but to cut down the best vocalist in the competition is ridiculous. she has tons of personality (tell her relatives in the audience not to act up), she is anything but a downer(asking for a hug from ryan), and to say she is about to commit suicide is disgusting. love lakisha.

3. sanjayalover Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:02 pm

IM SO HAPPY SANJAYA MADE THE TOP 12.
    He deserves this. He may be young, but he is by far the most musically gifted and greatest talent of the entire competition this, and all years. Not to mention his stunning good looks, and his sexy locks. OMG when he straightened his hair this week i just wanted to be the friction in his ‘waiting on the world to change’ pants. Tonight, we celebrate…SANJAYA is the next American Idol.

4. greg Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:08 pm

Sanjaya’s a nice kid but Sundance Head was a million times better than him! The two best male singers this season have been Sundance Head and Chris Richardson. America must be tone deaf or they like being “bored” and watch a teenager play dress up!

5. Cyprian Kambuni Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:09 pm

I am happy that Sanjay and Jordin made to the top 12. I adore and love them.

6. Cyprian Kambuni Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:10 pm

I am happy that Sanjay and Jordin made to the top 12. I adore and love them.

7. Tyler Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:11 pm

i agree w/ sanjaya lover. he is awesome, what more can i say? great brother, awesome vocals, and has the “yo factor”!

8. happyfeet Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:17 pm

WHAT?! YOU ARE all DruNK!>! SANYA IS HidEOUs and SHOULd nOt hAve EveN mADE tHE tOp 24. PoOR jaReD…

pS:LaKIshA iS Sweet~BLAkE 2!

9. matt Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:18 pm

how is it possible that Sabrian didnt make it in? she was 1 of the most talented of any SEASON!!! she should have made the top 3 with out a doubt, this was the worst idol episode of all time!

10. t.o. girl Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Antonella deserved to be OUT. she was not up to par with the other girls. sabrina? shocker. she was great. Sanjaya? another shocker. he is good but not AI material. Sundance all over the board.

11. peace Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:24 pm

Singers=Gypsies=Devil=Hell
    America must end this insanity.
    Stop the brainwashing American Idol machine!!!

12. AI fan Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:24 pm

I am so sad that Sanjaya is staying and Sundance is leaving. I hope somebody gives him a job somewhere, like Matt from the first Idol hosts a show on Animal planet. I hope Sanjaya gets voted off next week.

13. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:25 pm

Oh, no. Now I have to see Haley’s face for some more weeks … Ugh.

14. j_pat_2001 Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:28 pm

Man this has to be the most messed up season of all time, this is an outrage…. I don’t agree with jared being booted and sonjayi is still there that is just stupid, like simon said people who voted must not have had the volume up at all on there tv’s… Sonjayi should not have made the cut for the 12 Jared should have though, he has a way better voice.. That is the only choice I have a problem with, all the rest of them I think were good choices… I am a big fan of Sundance but he came on to late, he did to much damage to himself early and just came up short… Antonella needed to be gone…

15. Anonymous Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:33 pm

Finally Antonella is out!! Now go straight to where you belong Antonella, playboy.

As for Sundance, that was a true shocker!

16. MEL Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:39 pm

So glad Antonella is going home! She is simply not good enough for the Top 12. Sabrina should have been IN as Randy said and Hailey should have gone home as well. I think she will go next week. She really does sound like a theme park show singer or cruise ship singer. Don’t care for Sundance but he should have remained and Sanjaya should have gone home. Please America…..DON’T let your young girls vote. They are voting based on other factors than singing and do we have to say it yet again….THIS IS A SINGING COMPETITION. This is probably the worst season of American Idol to date. If the voting process is not changed somewhat, I doubt I’ll watch next year.

17. the skin of the city Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:41 pm

What the hell happened? Next to Lakisha, (and possibly Melinda) Sabrina was the best singer there. Sundance was a pretty good singer, but his personality disgusted me. Jared was okay, but he was lacking in comparison to others. Antonella was just terrible though.

And as for you Sanjaya Malakar fans… get real! The boy can carry a tune, but has no distinct singing abilities whatsoever, and does NOT deserve to still be there. Not to mention, he’s almost as creepy as Michael Jackson himself… Let’s face it, Simon, Randy, and even Paula know what they’re talking about here.

P.S. This show has problems. instead of people voting for their favorites, they should vote for the people they want to see GO HOME; that way the best stay and the people with no talent (ahem, Sanjaya) get the boot.

18. a voter Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:50 pm

I think they all seem very nice. But we are supposed to be voting on talent not on who’d we like to date! :-) So sad that Sundance was dq’d but maybe it was a blessing so he can deal with the recent family tragedy. Haley over Sabrina? C’mon voters! You need to get your calls in! No worries. Sanjaya will certainly not be the next American Idol.

19. a voter Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:55 pm

20. bill Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:56 pm

the bottom 2 next week will be haley and sanjaya!!
    they’re next to go!

21. Lisa Says:
    March 8th, 2007 at 11:59 pm

I am disapppointed with some of the contestants leaving tonight – this is supposed to be a SINGING competition! Not a good-looks or popularity contest.

Antonella: This girl had to go, so I a not too disappointed at all – in fact, I’m happy that she’s gone. Really, her scandalous image and bad performances really made me lose my respect for her.

Sabrina: NOOOOO! I LOVED HER!

Sundance: ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COMPETITION! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jared: He was really good. I wanted to see him in the top twelve.

I predict that Haley and Sanjaya won’t last too long on teh top 12 – maybe even the first two to go. I still can’t see how Haley made it all the way here – Sabrina was so much better and talented.

MELINDA must win Idol!!!!

22. Jimmy Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:05 am

there are 2 billion indians in the world… who do you think will be the next american idol?

23. steve Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:05 am

What a disappointing season. I cannot believe the judges scoured the country and left us with these choices. Seriously, there is no one worth spending money on this year. I understand that you can’t always find a Carrie or Chris – but come on, these twelve are a joke. The best singers have no personality or idol factor. The voting is now officially a joke – and I am officially tuning out for the rest of the season. American Idol – keep it up and you will go from the highest rated show to cancellation.

24. Jim Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:07 am

if you remember in one of the last episodes seacrest said one of the two contestants standing was in the top 4 in votes and the other is going home…

Sanjaya was standing there and didnt go home!

This means the damn 7-11′s are rooting for their boy and theres 2 million of them! this show is done.

Peace

25. a voter Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:08 am

Correction: I was mistaken about Sundance and “a family tragedy”. I guess I got the news sound bites mixed up? Sorry, ’bout that.

26. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:08 am

err 2 billion not 2 million

27. trey johnson Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:12 am

Whoever says Sanjayas good, must be boozin cause he sucks, cmon real talent is getting booted because of him thats BS

28. MITRA Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:12 am

OMG I CANT BELIEVE SABRINA IS GONE SHE WAS ONE OF THE BESTS.!!!!!!
    WTF IS WRONG WITH AMERICA?! SANJAYA CANT EVEN TALK . 1ST HE LOOKS DISGUSTING 2ND HES GOT A HORRIBLE VOICE AND SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN AI. IM TOTAAAAAAAAALY SHOCKED THAT SABRINA IS GONE!!

29. lets get serious Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:12 am

sanjaya is amazing open your eyes and your ears people. melinda should be the next to go she is waaay to weird looking and phony. her voice is alright but the next ai should be the real deal. full package ;) and thats sanjaya malakar…

30. JJ Real Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:13 am

You guys are NUCKING FUTS. Sanjaya is a big candy A$$ and should be at home crying on his sisters shoulder. His act is as wrong as two male dogs humping. He is horrid and the votes that keep him in have made a mockery of the show.

31. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:14 am

this show is losing steam fast…

i dont think there will ever be a season as good as season 3 or season 4

32. Christina Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:19 am

OK Sanjaya needed to go a couple of weeks ago. Not good looking or cute, bad voice, and kind of a nerd. Sundance did not deserve this. Antonella should have gone, she was not good either. She was cute and all but not that great of a singer. My 3 contenders right now are Chris Sligh, Melinda, and Lakisha. The other Chris is good and very talented but I am just not a Justin Timberlake fan, and the other guy who does the skee bopping, not really into that either. I predict Melinda will win it, she has not really had a bad comment to date.

33. HATE_SANJAYA Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:20 am

america WHAT are u doiiiiiiiing? sanjayaaaa is horribleeeee hes weired… im sad that sabrina left sebrina was the best….
    BUT sanjayaaaaaaaaaaaa? whos voting for him? comon america as simon said turn up ur volume . and open ur eyes this season is the worse season ever

34. Barb Smithson Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:39 am

Well, this show continues to surprise me, Haley still in, AND Sanjaya??? That is truly amazing, I was very disappointed that Sundance got voted off, looks like the judges were as well. Maybe, Sabrina looks too much like a ditto for Barbie Streisand….???

35. Tracey Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:43 am

You Malakar lovers need to give me a break. The guy is totally creepy, never sings above a whisper, and for all you girls who think he is so hot…..the boy is gay! Surely you see this…surely I can’t be the only one.

As for Melinda…yeah she’s weird looking…she has no neck and her entire torso is short but she is, by ar, the best singer on the show. Stop focusing on looks and remember that this is a SINGING COMPETITION.

36. Mary Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:47 am

I am upset that Sabrina is gone that is bad, But I did not like Sundance he was horrible, and I do not understand why people liked him. Jared, Sundance, Sansaya who cares all are equally bad.

37. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:48 am

I like Sundance, and I believe he has talent. But I felt his song choice this week (specifically his performance of that song) hurt him. He did basically scream it, and I was worried he would be leaving. He seemed to be a nice, sensitive guy. I’ll miss him; but he took a chance on something that worked against him. I think Sabrina has a great voice; but I feel Simon is right when he says she resorts a lot to shouting. Should she have left? Hard to say. Her vocal ability seems better than Haley’s; but Haley’s “sweet” vocal may have been more endearing and “pleasant” to the voters. I thought Haley did a beautiful job on Celine’s (Meat Loaf’s)song two weeks ago, but I thought she should have left based on last week’s performance. I thinkt he same thing happened with Sanjaya this week. His soft, melodic vocal apparently gave him the edge over Sundance with the voters. Jared?? Well…maybe he should have stayed. It was close, I think. I thought Gina did an amazing job on the Heart song a week ago. But I don’t thnik she can compete with the really good ones we have left, particularly Melinda and LaKisha.

38. Tim Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:02 am

The only contestants I’m voting for are Melinda, Chris R, Stephanie, Jordin, and Blake. They are so good. The rest are just awful.

39. BrownRice Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:26 am

Sanjaya was included in the AI finalists so that the Indian community would have someone to cheer for. And they did, by sending more votes for their own, instead of some hick from Texas.
    Dont like the choices ? Spend some money and vote!!!!

40. bigdog Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:34 am

WOW! what the hell happened!

Sundance?
    Sanjaya (should have been gone last week)
    lakisha?

41. Dee Word Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:45 am

I am saddened of what happened on tonights show Sanjaya should have never made it to holliwood in the first place he neveer had it to begin with how he has gotten this far is a farce. if he makes it any farther then next week then something is very very wrong.

42. Amanda Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:46 am

I really like Jordin and Chris Sligh. I am so sad that Sundance had to go. Glad I didn’t see it or I would have been crying. Antonella needed to be GONE good riddance!!! :(

43. sean Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:59 am

this show is now BS..sundance was too good..voting is now ajoke.. AI will start goin down hill

44. DMike Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:07 am

Sanjaya hasn’t sung well week after week (he’s kinda’ creepy like Michael Jackson and talks like him too). Sundance was much better. Sabrina should have gone to the final 12. Whassup with the voting this year? It seems more like a popularity contest than a singing contest. Melinda really sounds good!!!

45. the skin of the city Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:19 am

Sorry MITRA, I didn’t realize that the basis of our votes is supposed to focus on appearance….. Sure, Melinda is a bit unique in body structure, but in no way does that mean that the girl can’t sing. She can. Remember, this isn’t a freaking beauty pageant, it’s a SINGING competition. And for the record, on what planet is Sanjaya-the creepy, hula dancing Michael Jackson wannabe-good looking? I guess people like MITRA just prefer people who resemble other girls…..

And as for eliminating Sabrina? I swear, I should just move to Canada because America’s a lot dumber than I thought.

46. the skin of the city Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:26 am

Correction, I meant “lets get serious.”

47. cheryl Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:27 am

oh my god! what the heck is wrong with america? Sanjaya over sundance? Please, the kid can’t belt any song out, not to mention the biggest question of all, is he freaking gay. I mean hula dancing? Sundance can outsing him any day. I didn’t like sundance in the beginning but he won me over with mustang sally. The guy can wail. Antonella, don’t even know how she got in AI after forgetting her words so many times.And yes, haley should have been long gone cause simon was right she sings like an old lady or the singer that does the karaoke versions in karaoke cds. Melinda may look weird but she’s gonna give lakisha a run for the #1 spot. ’tis true though, this season isn’t as exciting as the last or when bo bice was in. wish i had tivo back then.wake up america. Sanjaya puts people to sleep, like his song says he doesn’t want to bore us to tears but he’s killing me!

48. OMG LOOKEY HERE Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:39 am

I am sick of all this racism surrounding Idol. It’s clear to me a bunch of Indians and blacks are tying up the phone lines just to keep WHITE people from winning. Antonella and Sundance were sent home because they are WHITE. Sanjaya cannot sing his way out of a paper bag!

49. voices Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:41 am

I really dont know about this show anymore with America voting anyone could win (I’m still wondering how bush got in office)I blame America for that. but for AI I dont blame it all on America because some of those ok talent people should not be there to vote for there were much better singers who didnt even make the top 24 So a question to our judges when did this become a SINGING COMPETITION?

50. John De La Cruz Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 3:15 am

Sanjaya IN?

No surprise on that! NOW YOU’LL SEE THE POWER OF HINDU (people from INDIA)VOTES. They are all over the US, and dont underestimate them – SANJAYA may even end up the winner of the American Idol season 6.

My heart goes to Sabrina and Sundance; even to AJ. They’re all fun and great to watch. Good luck to them though – who knows, they might end up winners too like Jennifer Hudson.

51. Surfer Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 3:25 am

Antonella Barba rules. She got me back to the TV every week and got me going on the only internet search I have ever done for an idol contestant. Could I ever really take
    Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood seriously in a world populated by genuine articles such as Henry Rollins, Jimi Hendrix and the Parliment Funkadeliks. Idol contestants are processed pop formulas, not real cultural voices, get real and stop getting so worked up people. It’s only entertainment and Antonella sure has been great entertainment for me.

52. muchado Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 3:52 am

I think Lakisha is a very talented singer. She exudes a great confidence and charm which is endearing!!!!!! I sure feel she’s here to stay.
    I think the eliminations on today’s show weren’t completely just- Sundance should still have been in this race. Well well now I am on the lookout for more surprises! May the best one win!

53. Jon Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:21 am

AJ should still be there!!! I am now loving Blake, and Melinda, and then Stephanie.

54. delfee25 Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:23 am

u guys are freaking mad to think that Indians are voting for sanjaya, I’m an indian and I think Snajaya should have been ousted log time back. Infact

55. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:35 am

Ding Dong, Antonella’s out! Yippee!! Now, time to shift my attention to Sanjaya. Frankly, I don’t give a crap about him, and I don’t think he’s really that good looking, in fact, he’s kinda sissy. And he can’t sing, those who think he can sing : damn, you guys are deaftone. Time to get him out you guys

56. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:41 am

All the comments about Sanjaya supposedly being gay are silly. And what if he were? Does that make him a bad singer and not entitled to be in the TOP 12? They say Clay Aiken is gay and he is a fine singer. In fact, they say he cruises gay internet sex sites looking for hook-ups but that does not make hiim a bad singer. One guy said he had sex with him in a hotel and offered to furnish proof of it after saying Clay Aiken would not call him back and treated him like a piece of meat. Does that mean Clay cannot sing? Of course not!

57. Hannah Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 5:17 am

Clay Aiken is gay and talented. Sanjaya is gay and lame!

58. William Jesse Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 5:18 am

SanFREAKINjaya over Sundance???? C’m-fckinOn man!!!!!!! Gimme a break American voters!!!!!!!!!!!

59. Vik Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 5:36 am

For all the clueless idiots making comments about how Indian-origin Americans are boosting Sanjaya’s votes: there’s only 0.6 million of us in this country, which makes us among the smallest minorities. There’s no way in hell that’s accounting for the huge number of votes for an admittedly lackluster performer. I’m gonna go with VFTW being responsible for screwing up the votes big-time this year.

60. deb Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 6:30 am

I agree, the American voters are voting for who they would like to date instead of who is the best singer in this “SINGING” competition. As we go on, I think we will see more votes for talent and not popularity. As the top 12 start to work with the celebrities and get help with their singing weaknesses, then we will see the boys improve alot and the girls will start to have alittle competition. But as long as the young (under 15 mostly) voters keep voting on looks, this kind of thing will always happen on American Idol.

61. Alex Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 6:33 am

This is funny. The real shcoker is Sanjaya is top 4 vote getter every week. AI put him in the bottom every week to make people think he is bad and he is going to go. He is going nowhere. he will be in top6. HAHAHA.

Ai made a dumb mistake by picking him in TOP 24. That kid is not matured and he looks and act feminine , sing like a girl.

Weird.

The mystery is that everyone thinking it is indian immigrant community voting for him. I doubt that. It is teenagers voting for him. Anyone listen to him will not correlate with contemporary sound.

Judges are showing disturbing behaviour. It is america vote for him. Do not hate that kid. You picked him. Advise him if you can. Stop punching him like he is a punching bag.

I never seen judges hate someone like this. Never. They may laugh at people , never hated any contestant. It is first time that they hate sanjaya.

62. people Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 6:44 am

“sanjaya is good looking and sexy”??!!!
    wat?!
    seriously,he looks like a girl with his straight hair…
    and he is not talented at all…
    he deserves to go back home and sings in the bathroom

63. tarheel Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 7:31 am

To me the glaring mistake among the guys is Brandon still being there. “who?” Exactly. Not alot of charisma, and so-so voice. I’d rather have seen Jared stay, just for the eye candy alone. He’s hot. Plus, a pretty good singer as well. Oh well.

64. carco Hong Kong Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 7:40 am

Is Sanjaya musically talented, I will have to say yes. It is there! HOWEVER is he better than Sundan over the past few weeks, the answer is pretty clear that he is absolutely NOT. He is an adoreable kid with the age of 17. HOWEVER it seems that he does not even put effort into singing. I something would even like to agree that it might be adorable looks and he every changing hair style is keeping him in. HOWEVER does he belong to the top 12 … he know it himself and that is why he gives freaked out looks… NO NO NO!! I mean Sanjaya should step it up and prove himself. He must have it in him, but he has never showed it, so why should we vote for him. I don;t get America, but over the global we see it as a problem. Anyway he has been in the top 12 so far by luck and pure luck. He really do need to step it up.

The comment about Lakisha having to leave is repsected but I don;t believe she has to leave at all and infact I beleive she and Dolittle will be the final two. Both have stunning stage presence and you just get so catched into their singing and we do go Woah for both..

65. .... Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 7:41 am

Up is down, black is white, left is right, Bush has not been impeached, Sanjaya and Haley over Sundance and Sabrina…we are truly living in bizarro world…..

66. Liz Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 7:48 am

It’s true that the judges should never have selected sanjaya to the top 24, now they and we are stuck with him. We are stuck with him because the Indians, the young gay males and the teenagers are voting for him. I don,t care that he,s gay, I am just saying who’s voting for him. The Indians are voting for him the most, this is their chance to have a star in the U.S., and they will not be foolish to not make it happen. There is no way a white person will wote for sanjaya and not sundance. I only blame the judges for picking him.

67. Linda Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:04 am

This is becoming a popularity show and not the best in the world show. I am disappointed with the results. Sanjaya should have been voted off. Nice kid, but not the best in the world.

68. Sue Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:15 am

The judging for American Idol definitely needs to be changed! It’s getting to be a joke when talented people are booted out and others stay in when we all know they shouldn’t be there! What about if the bottom 3 vote getters for the week are named and the judges vote who they think (and know) should be asked to leave. There just has to be a better way! I’m beginning to lose interest when the better singers are voted out! IT’S A SINGING CONTEST!

69. miss Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:18 am

I cannot believe that Sundance is gone!! He has talent! Just picked the wrong song. Shocker for sure.
    AI doesn’t have the “WOW” factor as it has had in previous years! Not sure I will be rushing home to view it this year!!

70. Elson Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:28 am

Sanjaya sucks. There may be 2 billion Indians in the world but,they have no Musicical knowledge. Just racism!!! Sabrina could have won the whole thing. I will predict right now lakisha will not win. She should go back to a Black Gospel choir where she belongs. Singers like her are a dime a dozen. Just open mouth and bellow. Sanjaya can get a job @ Michael Jackson”s theme park where the rest of weird kids go. If the ragheads want to vote him in, he better cut his record on a pancake label because he’ll have to eat it!!! The Indians sure won’t buy it!!!! Sabrina you just got robbed. People just don’t realize that they’re messing with the talented one’s future!But, they’re probaly know that and are just plain jealous. These ones with no Talent( Sanjaya) have no Future in the Music business. Maybe Michael will help him out. He likes little weird looking boys!!

71. Tamar Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:39 am

Well I love American Idol and it just burns me up when America does not listen to the singers and just goes for looks and Sanjaya isn’t even cute his eyebrows are so big it’s looks like they are attaking eachother. Sundance was by a land slide the better singer. Wake the **** up America!

72. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:55 am

I agree that Sundance should have stayed over Sanjaya, but he was singing teribly. he choose a bad song and sang it badly and unfortunately it wasn’t the first time. Sanjaya didn’t make as many mistakes vocally, he is just seems weird and creepy like Micheal Jackson.
    Sabrina was wonderful I can’t believe that Gina, and Haley made it and she didn’t. Big mistake!

73. W Choo Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:02 am

Sanjaya is a downtoearth singer who sings beautiful songs without having to scream as most contestant try to do so. Look at most pop songs like “Yesterday” “So
    Nice” Hey Jude, that girl is mine, etc, these are platinum singles beautiful melodies without all those screaming.

74. Love That LaKisha Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:05 am

i love lakisha. she is by far the best contestant in the competition this year. i also like blake too he is very unique and can defiitely brign something new to the world of music. i agree, melinda can sing…but im not buying her im a humble mouse deal. i think she’s fake and just using modesty as a gimmick to get by and i think thats wrong. the american idol should be real and true to his/herself as well as a good person and a good singer. if she wins, america will have failed…again coughcough hicks coughcough. i miss the good ole days with kelly clarkson. she was/is/always will be a star.

75. Haley Fan Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:07 am

I think you all need to cut Haley some slack. Sure Sabrina was great, but Haley is not as dreadful as everyone is making her out to be. At least she’s tenfold better than Sanjaya! You know ever season has a Chicken Little-esque character, all the people that have been voted off so far were definitley not frontrunners for the title, so if we can be entertained by the joke that is Sanjaya a little longer, then so be it. I just hope he doesn’t make it too far…

76. W Choo Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:14 am

Whatever happens to Sanjaya we must admit that he is now a known star in his own right and thanks to Idol. What I like about Sanjaya is his frankness and humbleness and he had achieved beyond his wildest dream to be in the top 12. Nothing to be ashame about.

77. Bree Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:16 am

American Idol needs to stop allowing the American audience to vote. They should start a new season with people who are in the industry who would judge on TALENT only!

Yesterday was a joke. They got 1 out of four correct. Antonella should have left, but the other three come on. Antonella yes, pretty girl, good audition, but never really got back into the swing of it. As for Sanjaya, the Pussycat Dolls are looking for a new lead singer. Sundance and Sabrina, how sad, Haley, another Miss Over The Rainbow. What’s so sad is that Sanjaya & Haley both know they should have gone, you can see it in their eyes, sure they wanted to move on to the next round but they know it shouldn’t have happened. Oh well, it really doesn’t matter. Neither one of them will be the next American Idol.

78. Flower Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:26 am

I don’t believe you all. You are talking as if the opinion of gays, teenagers and Indian immigrants is less important then other americans? Even if it where true that it’s because of their votes Sanjaya gets trhough, it still means America puts him through, they are no less americans then you who are accusing them in your mail, and thank God, their voice counts as much as yours, that’s real democracy don’t you think?
    That’s the beauty of this show, every one’s votes counts, also of those you usually do not hear, or are usually discriminated. God Bless American Idol!
    Flower

79. Sam Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:56 am

Sanjaya should just go ahead and start doing Michael Jackson songs. Why fight it? The dude is the next MJ waiting to happen. If he accepts that, he’s golden.

80. Alan Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:57 am

‘The proof is in the pudding’, so to speak. Antonella was voted off, but has already had offers of half a million. She actually will fare better than the 12, who’ll be locked into the one year touring contract. Her photo’s may have been a negative at first, but her looks and talent will get her further than most that are in the final 12.

81. Brian Milton Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:58 am

why are people suprised Sundance Head got voted off……the last he sang left no impact whatsover, sure it was suppose to be a rock song, but just screaming and shouting lyrics is not going to leave america blessed by his singing. He had only ONE good performence out of the three….why shouldnt he go?

82. JerseyBoy Rob Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:06 am

Jersey Girl Antonella ousted? Tony Soprano ain’t gonna like that. Sabrina ousted? Bad choice, she was a dynamite singer. But Sundance ousted in favor of Sanjaya? That blows my mind. Sanjaya?? I don’t want to stereotype him, but the kid seems to be thriving on the ethnic vote. The kid can sing a little, but he’s no American Idol. Maybe a Bollywood Idol…oops, I just stereotyped!
    Gotta ask, when was the last time he washed his hair?

83. Sherry Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:07 am

After reading all the comments I can’t believe How illiterate and arrogant we Americans can be. This is supposed to be a singing competition people are not being judged on their looks, sexual preference, age, whether they remind them of Michael Jackson or whoever. Maybe American idol needs to change by not showing the artists faces or even revealing their names if people are only going to badger at their racial differences. Also the judges chose the candidates so they should not look so surprised at who is voted in and who is voted out, when they chose the top 24 they essentially knew that any one of them could win and many would be eliminated in the several rounds to follow – in fact what we are seeing is that the judges are as racist as the rest of the comments we have read. Wake up you are living in a global world and cannot shut yourselves to the various skin colors. Next year it may be a chinese up there are you going to badger him or her up too and blame the entire chinese community for voting. I personally think Sanjaya is good he is appealing especially to the teenage crowd – and I dont think there is anything wrong in that after all they are the ones who hear the maximum amount of music who else has the time.

84. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:08 am

Most everyone here wants to reiterate that AI is a SINGING competition. Then imagine this show on Radio rather than on TV. I think then the top 3 will be Melinda, Lakisha and Sanjaya.

85. voiceofreason Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:11 am

Yes yes…Sanjaya has no business in the Top 12. It should have been Sundance. We all must forget that Sundance has music history with his father and all. He will be just fine. His whole expression when he was cut was like, “Its all good.” He just needed that little bit of exposure. As for Ms. Haley. Based on the other talent around her, she is out-classed. I think she is the smartest of the bunch. She was the only girl to tackle country on the night that decides everyones fate. She wasn’t Faith Hill, but it worked. She can sing. She knew Carrie was coming and she went for the country vote. That was her ONLY shot at making America choose between Stephanie and Sabrina. The other girls were locks. Props to Haley for that. That being said, her and Sanjaya GOT TO GO in week 1 and week 2. I can’t bear to hear them on tour.

86. mathew berga Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:28 am

Sanjaya can likely win “American Teeny Bop Idol”! I must admit he had my vote when first seen when he beat out his sister. I loved the sound of hs voice and still think he has potential, but he will need some real coaching on picking songs at least with a little more grit! To me “american idol” is just that….a person whom the public idolize…..THIS IS NOW decided by YOUR vote! Sanjaya will be around in the public eye the rest of his life…or at least until his hair falls out, or he gets fat and ugly or he gets caught doing stuff like Micheal Jackson

87. MpMurray88 Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:28 am

Sabrina.You gotta be kidding me!Worst decision since Chris Daughtry got canned.She was ridiculously hot,had a fantastic stage presence, and could sing her gourgeous butt off! I was actually wounded by the decision. I think it was the worst night of results there’s ever been. The only one they got right was the Jersey girl. Doolittle has the best voice. So what if she looks a little weird. If looks mattered that much Sabrina and Antonella would have been in the top two.And lets not forget that Lakeesha weighs more than my garage! I’m bummed about Sundance, too. But it won’t really matter in the long run. The top five will all be girls anway, once Haley gets her long overdue boot. I’ll miss you Sabrina.

88. Alycia Griffin Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:39 am

I dont know why these young girls like Sanjaya, no disrespect, but he is obvioulsy, not singing to girls. Let be REAL.

89. Alycia Griffin Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:46 am

I dont know why these young girls like Sanjaya, no disrespect, but he is obvioulsy, is not singing to girls. Lets be REAL.

90. Tim Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:48 am

Well so far this season, Ryan hasn’t given any of the contestants proper nicknames. The only nickname Ryan has given to a contestant was ‘Chicken Little’ and that was to Kevin.

91. BP Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:57 am

What a shocker, America this is a singing contest first and a search for stardum. Really who would you pay over $100.00 a ticket to see? Watch not only their singing, but how they present themselves!

I agree with some of the other comments, lets change the voting process to: voting for who you dislike not who you like, at least until you get to the top 6. Also why eliminate even number of guys and gals, Remember this is not a gender contest but singing contest!

92. McKulit Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:57 am

For all who commented that Sanjaya is great you probably all are from the same country.

93. My balls are big Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 11:09 am

Sanjaya should have gone home. Even he was fuking shocked he didnt go home last week. Hell if my sister was as hot as his, Id want to go home too. Sundance should have stayed. But its funny that Vote for the worst has already lost. They will keep changing their worst until its down to 2 people and if their choice wins, they will call it a victory. Buncha faggots.

94. Mike C Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 11:26 am

That Sanjaya(aka Tondalayo) is still there is a crime!! That Sundance left instead of the dreary, smirking Tondalayo boggles our collective minds!! What’s up with this??? Granted, Sundance’s last performance of Pearl Jam was not very good but he’s miles above the weak-voiced Tondalayo!!
    To the first comment, Yes, Lakisha is terrible boring. Her personality is so laid-back, she’s like a singing plant! Her voice is good not great. Melinda and Stephanie are the gems here.
    Hope Tondalayo(Sajaya!!!) is the first to go!!

95. Ame Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 11:55 am

I personally like Jordin and Chris Sligh because they are both awesome singers AND have personality. The rest are lacking in one or the other. Yes, Lakisha is a terrific singer but I can’t seem to get myself to like her. Melinda- same thing. I also like Blake but I don’t think he’s the next american idol. Sanyaya or whatever his name is… COME ON!!! Is his whole country voting for him? What’s up with him being in the top 12? Even he thought he was going home. Doesn’t that say something? Oh- and I think american idol made sure that Antonella was gone this time around. Get real- like that other girl (she’s so boring that I can’t even remember her name) got more votes than antonella. I highly doubt that- american idol just didn’t want the world to end so they made sure antonella was gone last night. JMO!

96. Gione Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:06 pm

I can’t understand people like Simon and Paula Abdul… They say they understand music and bla bla bla… What do they know? I have seen so many stupid things on this program. Sanjaya is a really good singer! He has no problem with pitch, he is always on tune, very good choice of songs… What is this about C. Richardson. He is awful! Seems like if you get a dancing song, you are good! Come on! Let’s talk about voice, quality! Sanjaya is a little weard, but he can sing big time!!!

97. christina Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:07 pm

Oh please, American Idol is a SINGING competition?! If that was really the case, Taylor Hicks would have never won last year.

Sabrina was great and should have made it. Sundance was dreadful, if he really was that good why did votefortheworst.com push for him so bad? I am pushing for Sanjaya because I love seeing Paula feign shock and surprise every results show.

98. Ed Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Sabrina is beautiful, no, make that gorgeous! And she can sing! She’s the whole package. Top 4 IMO.

AJ should be in the top 12. Great voice.

And lastly, Sanjaya. Give the kid a break. He’s not forcing anyone into voting for him. Yet, Paula Abdul makes the kid feel like poo poo by throwing a tantrum over Sundance leaving. Then Paula says, “This is a singing competition…no offense Sanjaya and the rest of the guys”. Yeah right, Paula! There is plenty of offense aimed directly at poor Sanjaya. The kid is so nice and polite, Paula’s attitude makes me sick.

99. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:17 pm

Sanjaya is a lot better than Kevin Covais who make it last year. I voted on Sanjaya- it’s not his fault Sundance left, he has awful this week and I’m tired of Sanjaya keep getting slandered and maligned by people who comment so I will vote on him for that- and his hair- i like his hair. It ‘s a lot better than what trash Constantine Maroulis.

100. Sandi Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:32 pm

There is nothing wrong with Sanjaya. I think he is a sweetie. I am not Indian, I am a white female that thinks he is adorable. I have never voted, but it did blow my mind that Sabrina was voted off. Ease up off Sanjaya. He is just a kid.

101. rashal Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:42 pm

there may be 2 billion indians, but not all of them are in America and many in America don’t watch Ai! for those blaming the indians for sanjaya staying on the show, would you have blamed the black community if he was black??

102. Jeannie Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 12:50 pm

Sanjaya STINKS…and he even know it. There is NOTHING talented or original about him. He is very creepy looking and BORE me to tears. I cannot stand to watch him!!!!! AI better be careful of losing viewers after voting off the much better singer such as Sabrina. Who in their correct mind would go and see Sanjaya sing anything?! What drugs were the judges on when they voted that creep to HOllywood?! He or his sister can’t sing a note. I hate him.

103. nough Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:03 pm

guys give sanjaya a break.. He is a sweet little 17yr old making a big time..You should notice that this kid nver gets out of tune..Give him a break and let him enjoy his moment of glory

104. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:14 pm

I would vote for Sanjaya to just see the look on the judges’ face! Especially on Paula. She was so disrespectful to Sanjaya and others yesterday.

If it was only a singing competition, then you don’t need people to vote. Let the “know-it-all” judges decide who is the winner.

BOOOO…

105. Julie Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:19 pm

I am shocked that Sabrina and Sundance were voted off last night.

106. Rick Armstrong Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:44 pm

What do you expect when 1 person can vote hundreds or even thousands of times for a contestant?I love the show but it is a farce.
    Cut the amount of votes per phone line to say…maybe 5,so that other family members can vote…and you may then see TRUE RESULTS.
    REALLY NOW….think about it…are there 30,000,000 people voting(doubt it),or are there 1,000,000 voting on an average of 30 times each(more likely)?Until you change the rules of voting,you will always have people making it to the top 10 who do not deserve to be there.

107. brianne Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 1:52 pm

I was sitting in a Sports bar with my boyfriend and his friend last night when i got the shocking news… SUNDANCE IS OUT??? WTF!? I’m still a little peeved about losing Leslie and now Sundance? No offense to Sanjaya, but i really expected him to go instead and am a little upset that he didn’t , just because he got to stay instead of Sundance. I remember this happened last year with Ayla and Gedeon, but Ayla did just release a CD,even though she didn’t even break the top 12, so i’m sure we’ll still hear Sundance. But i will miss having a Rocker guy on the show this
    year :(

PS I guess i’m voting for Blake and LaKisha now.

108. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Although Antonella Barba failed to make it to the Top 12 in American Idol, her future could still be bright. However, she wouldn’t make it big in the music industries, but rather she would score great successes in the adult entertainment industries (remember the sexually explicit photos that she appeared on the internet?). And so the pornstar is born!

109. Alycia Griffin Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:15 pm

Sanjaya, is a “sweetie” alright.

110. Alycia Griffin Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:25 pm

sweet as little richard

111. Gambit64 Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Sanjaya should have been booted! He is sooooo boring!! It is irrelevant anyway since he will NEVER win. Melinda is too strong, as are a lot of the girls. I will say that Sanjaya is the firt guy I have ever known to hula.

112. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 3:46 pm

If Antonella accepts all of those offers from Playboy and Girls Gone wild and that adult DVD company, she will prove to all of us that she really is a slut LOL.

113. John A. Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 3:54 pm

I agree with “the skin of the city” posted far above…We should be voting for the people we want to see GO HOME; that way the best stay and the people with no talent…get the boot.
    BTW, Sanjaya is a good singer BUT he is very, very weak. The entire tempo of the show drops when he begins to sing. Sabrina should have definitely been in the top twelve.

114. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Are you freaking kidding me? Sanjay is a Complete Train Wreck!
    Hey 12yr old girls – Put down the phone and Stop Voting. That fantasy you have created in your mind has confused your judgment.
    Beside, I am one thousand percent certain he has no interest in girls…

115. rafael Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:16 pm

OK people let’s do our homework here go back and think about alot of the auditions singers that made it to Hollywood which i can pick out over 10 that had a better voice then Sanjaya,Antonella, SUNDANCE, Haley, Brandon and the list can go on. now ask yourself why did AI fry thourgh Hollywood week not allowing us to see how and why those 24 CONTESTANTS were really picked. there is noway in the world out of 300 people in hollywood this is the talent america gets and if so how in the hell did the other 276 people make it to hollywood I think the real singing competition, is what we dont get to jugde in hollywood not along see. so Sanjaya Malakar, Paul Kim Antonella Barba Rudy Cardenas was about rateings not about talent so Paula please dont at suprise that Sanjaya is still in you all knew what you were doing when you “judges” put him there, and that is the truth!! who disagrees with me?

116. Hi Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:32 pm

Okay lets say it. I hated how RYan Seacrest did the results last night. I so agreed when Lakisha Jones and Blake Lewis were safe first. I agree with Jordin Sparks being safe and Gina Glocksen. I also agree with Melinda Doolittle and Stephanie Edwards. I agree with Phil Stacey and Chris Sligh staying. I also agree with Brandon Rodgers and Chris Richardson staying. Then it was Jared Cotters turn to go and he told him he was going home. I so agree with America because I could not stand another week of him. When Antonella went up on stage, I so knew she was going home. Sorry, but the journey ends tonight. She was the worst singer ever. Thank god she is gone. Then he asked Haley Scarnato and Sabrina Sloan to come up on stage and I so said it was Haley leaving, when he said Sabrina was going I began to cry because she has a amazing voice. and I think Haley can’t really sing. Then it was either Sanjaya Malakar or Sundance Head going home. I did not really know who was going because I thought they both did not do such a great job. When Ryan said Sundance Head your journey ends tonight. I was so shocked and so wasn’t the judges. ALL OF YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE TRASHING SANJAYA SHOULD BE A SHAME OF YOURSELFS. IT IS NOT SANJAYA’S FAULT THAT HE IS SAFE AND SUNDANCE LEFT. SO SHUT UP ABOUT IT. I wish all of them the best of luck.

117. Marissa Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 4:44 pm

Last night was so painful to watch. I was in utter disbelief with both Sabrina and Sundance being voted off. Especially Sundance loosing to Sunjaya. I just dont get it. I am not saying that Sundance is my favorite but at least he moves when he sings. Sunjaya looks like an underdeveloped teenage girl and always looks uncomfortable. If he was a good singer and had some charisma, then I would be happy for him, seriously. But he sucks! He cant sing> He is boring..plain and simple. Please, Please let him be the first of the top 12 to go!

118. chakha khan Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 5:22 pm

Sundance is a fat tard and deserved to go home with his fat face. Sanjaya is as homo as they come and shoudl be gone too. antonella was hott, she shoudl still be there. Haley should win it all, she is awesoem at singing, and the best looking girl by far. im sick of fat black girls getting all the hype (lakisha JORDIN (she is too fat) and melinda) the only black chick i liked got knocked out last night…boo. last season waaaaaay better! blake or chris WILL win this season for sure.

119. LOVE THAT BLAKE LEWIS Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Blake Lewis should WIN the whole thing, he’s the only one doing anything ORIGINAL. Lakisha and Melinda have powerful voices but let’s be real….haven’t we heard it all before? Neither one of them is doing anything original and could easily be mistaken for a dozen other singers. All my votes go to Blake from now on. He’s WILD.

120. mommydog Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 6:46 pm

While Sanjaya has been weak, the producers have been torturing him and playing him as the villian for the last three weeks. This is bullsh*t. Just because Sundance and Sanjaya were paired does not mean they those two were the second and third lowest vote getters. Sundance could have easily been paired with Brandon or Phil Stacey. So, in my opinion, it was never between Sundance and Sanjaya; it was between Sundance and six other guys who got more votes. The pairing was artifical and mean.

121. Laurie Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 6:52 pm

I agree with everyone who says Sabrina should still be “in”, but what’s past is past. I’d like for the Idol judges to pass on to her that she is a real beauty and she doesn’t have to be camera shy. The week before I saw an awkward moment with her in front of the camera where she looked a little stiffish and not quite comfortable. She needs to work on that and if no one tells her how will she know? Otherwise I find no fault with her performances. The one gal who sang WOMAN – she was overall good but I don’t like the way she closed down her throat on the “N”, so to me, making Lakisha the best female performance of the night. This type of mistake is really going to start mattering in the next few crucial weeks of Idol.

122. Corey Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 7:00 pm

Sanjaya is not the next MJ. Give me a break. MJ was an extraordinarily gifted kid. Sanjaua is not. He can hardly sing and he has no stage presence at all, other than he looks like a puppy dog. He should bow out now. American Idol has lost all credability in my eyes. When people like Sundance need to bow out for Sanjaya… Oh my GOD!!!!!

123. tarheel Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:29 pm

stop slamming sanjaya, the poor kid. They’re the ones that put him into this level of the competition. And the coments about him maybe being a ‘homo’…so what? I’m sick of the anti-gay bent of AI. Leave Sanjaya alone.

124. Tim Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 8:35 pm

Here’s what I think will happen in terms of vote distribution: Sanjaya is gonna get all the tween and teen girl votes, along with Jordin, Chris R and Blake. Haley will get all the pop/country music lover votes, and Gina will get all the hard rock and alternative music lover votes. Melinda, Chris S, & Stephanie may get the southern votes. So Brandon and Phil may be the first 2 finalists to be booted off.

125. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 9:59 pm

I am bewildered here. I agree without question that Sanjaya is not a strong contestant. However… what is all this grief over Sundance? I swear, the way people are carrying on, you would think Sanjaya had beaten somebody who could sing on key without screaming.

Given a choice between Sanjaya and Sundance, I would have made exactly the same decision America did. I think the people who vote for high quality singers among the boys were supporting Blake and Chris S. Tweens like Sanjaya. Nobody really liked Sundance BEST… so he left. It’s no tragedy.

126. Anonymous Says:
    March 9th, 2007 at 10:46 pm

HA!!! I warned AI that I would boycott if Anontella was not TAKEN OFF IMMEDIATELY!!! And she’s off yet all the polls said that tramp would stay, it’s OBVIOUS the producers took her off and were listening to those like me who said “NO!!! WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS!! THIS IS A CHRISTIAN FAMILY SHOW AND SHE IS NOT TO BE ON IT!!!!” Don’t EVER let it be said one voice cannot be heard!!

Sundance Piehead is gone!! YES!! Now if only that other slob Chris Sligh will get the boot, there may be some justice to this show!!!

Carrie Underwood- SUPERSTAR!!! 5 MILLION SOLD!! BIGGEST STAR IN THE WORLD!! There’s nothing else to say on that.

127. Anonymous Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 3:45 am

I cannot believe Sundance Head got voted off. I am guessing a bunch of teenagers have outvoted us. They just don’t know any better. This is a singing competiion as everyone needs to be reminded, but then again they couldn’t have been voting on Sanjaya on his looks. Unless I am way off course of what teenagers now days think looks good, still this is about how well they can sing.

128. Anonymous Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 9:01 am

I agree that this is a singing competition. That’s why nobody voted for Sundance. He was awful.

129. Tyler Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 10:55 am

u all hate Sanjaya cause your all JEALOUS!!! u know he’s good but u wanna say he sucks just cuz Sundance went. well let me tell u somethin…. IM VOTING FOR SANJAYA 200 TIMES AGAIN JUST LIKE LAST WEEK!!! maybe i was one of the few people that voted for him for all 2 hours like 200 or 250 times. u people just fuel me to vote more and more by saying he sucks. (LaKisha should take her fat ass, terrible vocals, and stupid daughter back 2 where ever the hell she came from!)

130. White Owl Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 12:00 pm

Ok first of all HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!YES!YES!YES!!YES!YES!YES!!YES!YES!YES!!YES!YES!YES!!YES!YES!YES!i’m so glad Antonella is out!Jared eh he was ment to go at any time.Sundance over Sanjaya WOW! Sundance has major potencial.Holy Sheet! Hayley over Sabrina ,eh don’t think so.Stop with the pitty votes and start voting on there singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will not bash Sanjaya he seems sweet but the guy doesn’t have the voice to be on idol.
    I’m cool as long as Melinda,Laksha,Gina,Blake and Chris S stay.

131. Sanjaya Sucks!!! Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 12:08 pm

BOO!!!! I HATE SANJAYA PARENTS STOP LETTING YOUR LITTLE TWEEN RETARDS VOTE,THEY HAVE TO GET UP EARLY TO GO TO RETARD SCHOOL.ANYBODY THAT VOTES FOR SUCKJAYA IS A@@HOLE.P.S GLAD THAT SLUTELLO IS GONE NO GO EXPOSE YOURSELF TO PLAYBOY TRAMP.

132. bree Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 12:10 pm

yucko why is Phil still on dude looks like a cancer patient.is he sick?vampire looking freak.VOTE HIM OFF!!!!

133. Anonymous Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Tyler, it’s cool to vote for Sanjaya if you think he deserves to be in. But to say ahead of time that you will do it again 200 times next week is not particularly honorable. He may not do well next week, or at least maybe not well enough in comparison to the others. To just vote for someone we “like” is irresponsible. It has to be based on the performances from week to week.

134. Anonymous Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 1:53 pm

I honestly feel that Sarah Krueger, who apparently didn’t make it past Hollywood, can outsing several of the current top twelve. It’s a shame we didn’t even see how she got eliminated.

135. IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC NOT THE VOICE Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 5:57 pm

Sabrina was SCREETCHY like Katharine McPhee that’s why she got kicked off. Her voice could have been good if she stuck with more bluesy type music but she insisted on doing songs that were too big for her so off she goes. And what possessed Sundance to pick “Jeremy”???? Doesn’t this man know he should be singing BB King? The problem with these people is that they have no clue who they are musically so they keep picking lousy songs that do nothing for them. Sanjaya staying is just plain weird, I don’t get that at all. His voice is wimpy and he has ZERO stage presence. Blake is the only one that seems to know what he wants to do musically so I predict he will go far. It’s about knowing what kind of artist you want to be and being ORIGINAL. No one wants a clone of someone else. Get a CLUE people.

136. Anonymous Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 6:00 pm

…I heard on TMZ.com (go there if you want to learn more in this) that Sundance (whose cousin died recently…I feel bad for him) says that there is one arrogant male contestant in the top 12 that thinks he’s going to win it all. He doesn’t mention his name.
    Whoever you are (if Sundance is right), watch out for Melinda Doolittle. SHE WILL KICK YOUR SORRY ARSE.

137. a Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 7:11 pm

Sanjaya sings nice tunes. He doesn’t scream like everyone else. Sanjaya is just a kid and believe it or not, might not be gay. I like him and I don’t like the judges trashing him every week. They are supposed to be mentors. Ganging up on him shows me that the real children in this competition are ryan, paula, simon, and randy. They are the real cowards.

138. chris Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 7:25 pm

Poor Sanjaya!

Here are the facts: Sanjaya is 17 years old. He has not declared his sexual orientation. He is Indian.

Question: Why should the above matter when we are voting?

The reality is that humans ARE biased and life is not fair. People voting for Sanjaya or anyone else in this competition do so not only because of the singing, but because of these other factors. We need to accept that that is the American and the human way.

We should give props to this teenager who has perceviered despite the abuse he has recieved from the judges, the host, and the producers.

So congrat’s Sanjaya and I hope you will be our next American Idol.

139. sanjaya Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 9:03 pm

i will win the american idol…ia the great sanjaya..sorry to all but my indain people will vote for me

140. rick Says:
    March 10th, 2007 at 9:15 pm

I think it’s not fair to blame the voting for all. I mean, when judges put 24 contestant, we should check what’s on their mind. I can read the current policy of the team creative of the show wanted such a refreshing competition. more variative contestants, you can see many non-american in the top 24 this season. but the consequence is we don’t have a clear parameter to predict how the vote flows.

141. Sikacowmuahow Says:
    March 11th, 2007 at 3:19 am

Sanjaya Malakar is by far the best contestant in American Idol ever!
    Me and my Indian brothers vote about 2500 times each every voting night.
    Sure we live in caves, and are extremely descriminitive towards the white man, we still put all our money towards their competition.
    Becuase one day our race will rise agian, our plan is to destroy pop culture by having our #1 man steal the hearts of the white girl, and show pop culture for what it really is. Fake. (which is also the majority of history we learn in grade school, ei. paul rivere “the british are coming!”)

So yes, my name is Sikacowmuahow and Sanjaya will win, with my 2500 votes, my brother’s 2500 votes, and with our cave-dwelling civilization averaging 20 votes a citizen, We will win and the glory will reign down upon us, The Indians- The race of Sanjaya

142. Tyler Says:
    March 11th, 2007 at 7:29 pm

to that person that told me that thing about voting for Sanjaya. u are right. i shouldn’t have said that.

143. Lee Says:
    March 11th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

SANYA sucks!!!! He should have not made it into american idol. William Hung is going to have more of a singing career than he will.

144. idol Says:
    March 11th, 2007 at 11:12 pm

OMG horrible season this should be top

Guys Girls
    —- -
    Blake lakisha
    Chris S. melinda
    Chris R. jordin
    sundance sabrina

AWFUL

sanjaya
    haley

now i stillthink sanjaya is a nice kid but its a singing competition!!! he is decent but still will never be MY american idol

Simon has it down!

145. Anonymous Says:
    March 12th, 2007 at 6:43 am

Tyler…it’s cool :-)

146. Allydance Says:
    March 12th, 2007 at 11:33 am

Everybody needs to get real – the most promising went home – I love Sundance and Sabrina as well – wish them good luck and a prosperous career without the greedy Idol fingers directing and cashing in on it.
    Sanjaya is not my favorite singer(what a surprise)- it’s not his fault – gay or not – what’s the difference. I say lets vote for him to become the Idol, it would GUARANTEE that the Idol folks and their connected would not make a dime, or not anywhere close to Carrie Underwood. Has anyone noticed that Kelly Clarkson soared after she was freed from the Idol contract? (so I was told)
    The mula needs to get cut off for the creators, producers etc. and this can be done many ways.
    Stop watching is one way – make sure a non-money producer will win if you must watch – and keep the negative press going and don’t forget to include the networks. Remember – we can win – just look at the recent attempt Simpson made to be on TV with his awful book.
    Perhaps once Idol goes away, someone can come up with a better singing contest, that will keep the good ones going andthe show will be credible. I believe we, as Americans are smart enough todo this, now lats get rid of the less fortunate.

147. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    March 12th, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Let’s review the past seasons on Idol:

Season 1 2002: the ONLY reason why Kelly Clarkson won was because that Tamyra Gray was sent packing instead of Nikki McKibbon, had America been smart and sent Nikki home, Tamyra could have easily beaten Kelly, but who knows it could have gone either way.

Season 3 2004: Fantasia was LUCKY she won the Idol crown, because her biggest threat LaToya London was sent packing instead of Jasmine Trias, LaToya could have easily destroyed Fantasia and the judges knew it and Diana DeGarmo had no chance of winning regardless if she faced Fantasia OR LaToya.

Season 4 2005: Carrie Underwood had this competition in the bag from the get-go.

Season 5 2006: Taylor won because of two factors: 1. early favorite Chris Daughtry being sent home in the final 4 and 2. VFTW

148. NonIndian Says:
    March 12th, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Hello, Sanjaya supporters. This is not a Bollywood movie. Nor it is a Sashi Kapoor or Raj kapoor movie. This is American Idol and it is all about singing talent. Go back to where you belong and sing those Bollywood songs in your place. But don’t bring it over to AI and spoil the mood of everyone who believes in AI. Sick of it!

149. The Truth Says:
    March 12th, 2007 at 12:35 pm

Not much to say here after reading some of the other comments. As far as I am concerned, and I have watched this show from the start, Melinda’s CD I will buy, the rest, I think not. There are other talented people in the bunch (esp. the females), but I know what I’ll buy. This is the first time I can admit going into the top 12 that it’s really over for me. Melinda is my American Idol and I never vote. However, the racist comments are rather bizarre. I have enjoyed the best singers, Kelly Clarkson for example, and not thought twice about color or ethicnicity. Hey, if you can’t put on a good show (Fantasia) don’t expect me to buy the music. I’ll say it again. Melinda Rocks!!!

150. Tyler Says:
    March 12th, 2007 at 5:41 pm

well NonIndian did it ever occur to you that we like Sanjaya cause we think he CAN sing? i don’t go around bashing contestants i don’t like cuz im better than that and have the respect 4 the fans that like dat person. for example i really don’t like LaKisha and think she is horrible! BUT i don’t go BASHING her cuz i understand that her fans don’t wanna hear that.

151. Jackie Says:
    March 13th, 2007 at 3:39 pm

I think the Idol judges have a bias toward singers with powerful voices rather than singers who can sing on key.

Sundance sang loud and off-key every time I heard him except for his entry audition, which was fantastic. His rendition of “Jeremy” by Pearl Jam was awful. Awful. That’s what got him booted. Nobody except Vedder should even try that.

Sanjaya is a soft-spoken kid with a soft voice, but at least he can sing on key. If Sanjaya can step up his intensity level and man up a little bit, I’d root for him.

The anti-Indian remarks are out of line. Grow up.

152. dualr Says:
    March 15th, 2007 at 6:32 pm

I don’t get this whole voting for
    Sanjaya thing. So i’m trying to figure out the gender and age of people voting for him. Help me figure this out and fill out this 1 question survey at:

153. Confused Says:
    March 16th, 2007 at 11:28 am

Why does everyone assume Sanjaya to be indian when he is of mixed heritage. His mom has blond hair and very fair skin. He was born in the United States. He doesn’t belong back in India/bollywood. How ingnorant of you.

As far as Sundance – he screeched his songs off key the entire time. He forgot his words and really flubbed up Hollywood week. Then he had the nerve to say he was angry and bitter for being voted off. Huh! He should’ve been thankful he got as far as he did.

Sanjaya may not be the best singer but he does stay on key. He has a tolerable voice. Just because someone isn’t a powerhouse doesn’t mean they can’t make it.

Look at teen idols of the past – Leif Garrett, David Cassidy –Mediocre talent but huge starts never the less.

Sanjaya will go soon enough. In the meantime stop with all the racist remarks.

154. lumi Says:
    March 20th, 2007 at 9:36 pm

oh, come on people. Cut the racism and vote on the SINGING!!! Please! Sure, Sanjaya couldn’t sing for the life of him, but if you like him, be my guest and vote for him. Do NOT discriminate him just because he is “Indian” anyways, he was born american, so he should be treated like one. Personally, I don’t think any of the guys will make it very far, but I personally like melinda and lakisha. Just because they may be a little overweight or are shaped…differently, that is no reason to not vote for them. And, all of you people that are racist, get a life and look past the superficial appearances. If you are going to vote for anyone for reasons other than singing, make it personality.

155. Mrs. Sanjaya Malakar Says:
    March 20th, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Ho, I am a ho.

156. Barbara Bush Says:
    March 20th, 2007 at 10:15 pm

I just fucked a horse.

157. Tom Delay Says:
    March 20th, 2007 at 10:17 pm

My herpetic lesions are oozing all over Karl Rove. He’s euphoric.

158. Michael Hunt Says:
    March 20th, 2007 at 10:20 pm

Hey, loser: Let’s stick to the topic. Sanjaya and how much he sucks. What an absurd performance tonight. Who is his stylist? Fire the moron. As in light him/her on fire. What branch of narcissism covers the Sanjaya strut?

159. Idol Hater Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 11:20 am

I vote for Sanjaya to damage the show. I want him to win and want that idiotic show to go off the air.

GO SANJAYA!

160. Monti Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:14 pm

Hi all white racist people let’s unite and kick all non-whites from American Idol. We cannot tolerate any non-white doing good in this country.

161. carpe diem Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:33 pm

who votes for sanjaya and why

162. carpe diem Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:37 pm

so, it’s like an anarchy thing? Good people shoould lose so bad people can win. I get it…it just seems pretty stupid. why watch/? masochistic anarchist?

163. Sanjaya Malakar Himself Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:28 am

I am the king of American Idol. Thank you, all you losers, for making me the winner. Only in this sad country of yours (mine, never — I am a native of Pluton) would you vote for one so telentless as I. Next week I plan to sing from the bottom of my herpetic-lesioned ass just to impress you.

164. Mo Says:
    March 25th, 2007 at 9:00 pm

hee hee i’m sorry but i hate sanjaya. anyone catch this t-shirt? “Sanjaya Makes Me Cry” —

165. Tiiz Says:
    April 6th, 2007 at 4:53 pm

I can’t believe that Indians would want Sanjaya to represent them in any way. You don’t pick a representative because it’s the only one you’ve got that’s just stupid as…don’t get mad at me I’m just Tellin’ it like T-I-Tiz!! http://www.tellinitlikeitiz.wordpress.com

Comments