American Idol Results – Stephanie Edwards Eliminated

March 21, 2007 08:38 PM by Joe Reality

Stephanieedwards_eliminatedAfter a recap of the American Idol top eleven performance show, Peter
Noone performed “There’s A Kind Of Hush.”  For the Ford music video,
the American Idol finalists performed “Another Saturday Night.”

After a skit involving Brad Garrett from “Til Death,” host Ryan Seacrest asked Phil Stacey, Melinda Doolittle, and Blake Lewis to stand up.  Seacrest told them that they were not the bottom three tonight.  Next, Seacrest asked Chris Sligh, Lakisha Jones, and Jordin Sparks to stand up and also told them that they were not the bottom three.

Next, Seacrest asked Sanjaya Malakar, Haley Scarnato, and Gina Glocksen to stand up and told them that they were not the bottom three.  Finally, Seacrest told Chris Richardson and Stephanie Edwards to stand up and told them that they were in fact the bottom two tonight.

After Ryan Seacrest made an appeal to corporate America to take part in Idol Gives Back, Lulu performed “To Sir With Love.”  After Lulu’s performance, Stephanie Edwards and Chris Richardson joined Ryan Seacrest on center stage.  Seacrest announced that after 30 million votes Chris Richardson would be staying.  Stephanie Edwards was eliminated from American Idol.

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
American Idol news.  For
other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American Idol

Topics: American Idol |

101 Responses to “American Idol Results – Stephanie Edwards Eliminated”

1. Evan Marsh Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 8:44 pm

im sorry this might sound rude as a canadain but Americans are stupid idiots!!! why is all teh talent leaving andin return sanjaya is there? he should be out but america’s not doing anything. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG AND VOTE SANJAYA OUT

2. Lindsey Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:00 pm

I’m not an idiot,but I see your point.I was really tired last night,so I didn’t vote at all.I’m sorry!Anyway,poor Staphanie shouldn’t have went home,not only is she a great singer,but I thought that she would make a great edition to the tour.So guess who I’m mad at? 1.I’m mad at American for this crappy bottom 2.Chris and Steph shouldn’t have been in the bottom,after those great edgy performances.People who thought that Sanjaya was better then Steph and Chris need to get their ears checked. 2.Sanjaya wasn’t anywhere near as better then Sundance,and he stayed.Sanjaya NEEDS to go home.He’s now 4 weeks overdue to go home. 3.I never liked Votefortheworst,for specific reasons,and now I hate them TWICE as more than I used to.
    American please get it right and SEND SANJAYA HOME!

3. W Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:05 pm

This isn’t a fun show to watch anymore. It’s not a singing contest it has turned into a joke. It’s like a really bad soap; I watch it every week but I can’t figure out why because the whole time I sit there I count down how much time is left before it’s over.

4. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Not all Americans are idiots so you better shut up. I guess we can call you all druggies up there. Like it?

Anyways, it doesn’t surprise me that Sanjaya is still in the competition. After all, he was one of the best perfomers last night. He gained the spot.

5. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:10 pm

Why was Stephanie sent home? She had one of the best vocal ranges on the show…

6. BHCampbell Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:15 pm

What kind of magic does Sanjaya have over preteen girls? or America for that matter? While I live in America, and have been watching Idol….I have to agree Sanjaya has nice hair, his vocals are okay, but hair and okay vocals don’t sell albums, opps, wait I forgot about Leif Garrett. Anyway, there is either something very strange going on with the agency running the voting process OR the only ones who are really voting are voting with their girly emotions and not with their ears.

7. Jessica Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:16 pm

who ever wrote this called “Stephanie Edwards” , “STEPHANIE RICHARDS” …. 2nd to last paragraph . . . “Next, Seacrest asked Sanjaya Malakar, Haley Scarnato, and Gina Glocksen to stand up and told them that they were not the bottom three. Finally, Seacrest told Chris Richardson and Stephanie Richards to stand up and told them that they were in fact the bottom two tonight.”

8. m Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:19 pm

you americans are fuckin idiots for keeping that gay indian or whatever he is

9. Trinitee Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:19 pm

America is obviously DEAF! It’s absolutely insane that one of the top 5 singers in the competition should be sent home so soon. Oh well they sent Jennifer Hudson home too. So all is not lost for Stephanie, we’ll be hearing much more of her in time to come. Can’t say that about more than half of the others who are still left.

10. Ruth A Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:23 pm

This is the first time I have really watched American Idol (the whole season)and …truthfully I am disappointed. I dont know who is behind keeping the weak singers on and letting TALENT go home. I am beginning to wonder if there is a computer out there some where that is casting votes through the internet because the last four weeks have been so off course from what should have happened. There are two singers that should be going home and not because they aren’t trying but because they need more work…sorry Haley and Shanjayi…this show isnt working for me…it is a mockery of talented singers and the show itself. Casting votes for a weak singer doesn’t help them and makes this season unenjoyable to watch.

11. TheDerf Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:25 pm

I liked American Idiot when it was a singing competition, but now it’s just a joke. Sanjaya should be the mascott for American Idol- He sucks as much as the show! Last week was the last time I’ll watch it this season. I think next week I’ll set my computer to vote for Sanjaya for the entire two hours.

12. Suz Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:27 pm

I agree with Lindsey, this is not fun to watch anymore. Whoever is out there voting for Sanjaya have got to be doing it to screw up the whole deal. He is soooo bad it hurts to watch. and the smart mouth “W” everyone knows he has not gained the spot legitimately. Voters are “stuffing” the box so to speak. Idol needs to limit calls from the same phone to 1 or 2; then these idiots voting for Sanjaya won’t be able to do they are doing. It really isn’t fair.

13. crystal palmer Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:28 pm

I must say I am AMERICAN and I think Sanjaya needs to go home he is NOT A GOOD singer in fact his sister was better. I think Stephanih should of stayed on. And personnally I vote for LAKIESHA so I do not care. But Sanjaya GO HOME you suck and by the way hey simon paula randy !!!!!!!!!!!NEXT WEEK SANJAYA WILL GO HOME I PROMISE!

14. Brian Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:29 pm

I cannot understand why Sanjaya is still on there. This show is turning into a popularity contest not a singing competition. I have voted for Stephanie since the beginning since she is one of the top 5 on the show. They need a new voting system or something because this is not cutting it.

15. T. Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:29 pm

Yes in this case I agree that Americans are stupid idiots and you can get offended if you like!! That would prove how stupid you are especially if you voted for Sanjaya!!! Sanjaya sucked from day one. He sounded just OK and got WORSE WORSE WORSE!! Not everyone who can carry a tune can be a star. Sanjaya is definitely NOT a star!!!! And I would hate to hear him on tour! He didn’t earn his spot he screamed a song out and you idiots bought it!! HAHAHA!!! NO ONE WAS WORSE THAT HIM!!!!!

16. Suz Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:29 pm

EXCUSE me, I am an idiot I referred to Lindsey and W without realizing the names are posted “under the comment” So let it stand as an agreement with Lindsey

17. Nuel S. Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:30 pm

People who hate Sanjaya have to remember this is about being an idol. He got charisma how many well know singers are really can sing? lots of them but still part of america embrace them… it not just about singing its combination of every little thing. Actually if you open the voting overseas….the whole of India will vote and make him the AI winner. What is the proof? Remember the name Yao Ming, even on injured list for a long time and since China is allowed to vote… guess what? All Star for not even playing??? So just watch and enjoy the show its about entertainment…if not just click you tv off and miss the fun. On the first place it shows what America is all about… They love UNDERDOG!!!!! Love cinderella story….My avorite since the the first audition?? JORDIN…..

18. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:30 pm

Too many diva’s that is all- they are splitting the fan base- some people don’t like that type and won’t vote on them no matter what.

19. Linda Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:30 pm

Sanjaya and Haley should have been the first ones to leave American Idol. Neither have any outstanding talent. Sanjaya is a total joke as far as talent is concerned. I think it is an insult to the rest for him being in the top ten. I think he should take it upon himself and leave the show. The only ones that are voting for him are the teenie boppers and just think he is cute. Let’s get real. American Idol is to be judged for the person who has the most talent and Sanjaya is way out in left field. He does not have a good voice and I do not know how he even made it to Hollywood. GO HOME SANJAYA, YOU DO NOT BELONG ON AMERICAN IDOL.

20. Annie Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:31 pm

Sanjaya is amazing. He is the best singer on the show. I love him so much that I think we should go ahead and kick him off twice. Since I didn’t vote, I have no right to complain about the bottom two. But I will give my opinion. Anyone who actually believes that Sanjaya is a good performer, and wastes two hours of their life dialing his number over and over again deserves to be locked in a room with performances of Nikki McKibbon and Kevin Covais set on repeat.

21. sheri Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:32 pm

The only reason sanjaya is still around is because of that stupid web site asking people to vote for the worst. Why ruin something for everyone else. If you have a problem with the show don’t watch it. Whoever made the Vote for the worst website probably tried out for American Idol and sucked and did not make it, so that must be why their ruining a good show.

22. C.MORGAN Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:33 pm

SEND SANJAYA PACKING. lAKESHA UR IN .i VOTED 62 TIMES SHE WILL WIN

23. Dee Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:33 pm

I just want to know why Sanjaya is still on. For some strange reason the better singers are being kicked off one at a time and the worst one is still there. What happens if Sanjaya ends up winning. Will someone finally say “whats going on, he shouldn’t of won”. What happened to this being a singing competition. It looks like a fashion/looks competition now. Instead of commenting on vocals they are talking about their clothes and hair. Come on, when is the singing competition going to start.

24. tina Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:34 pm

AMERICAN IDOL……HAS LOST THEIR FREAKING MINDS.. TO VOTE OFF TALENT AND ALLOW A JOKE LIKE WHATS HIS NAME TO STAY ON… YES… WE HAVE LOST OUR MINDS…..

25. Suz Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:35 pm

Why has this turned into a hate America/Canadian bash? For your informotion “idiots” Canada is in America – North American. Perhaps you mean the United States. “Americans didn’t vote for the Indian; something else is going on. Crazy people thinking it is a joke voting for the worst singer. As I said earlier. Idol has to change the voting system to a limited number of calls per person or phone.

26. no one you know Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:37 pm

its called ‘Vote For the Worst’ and they do this EVERY YEAR. This year they picked Sanjaya.

Thanks for joining us.

27. sheri Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:39 pm

Everyone keeps asking why is sanjaya still on. The answer is because of the stupid websit called “vote for the worst” it’s asking people to vote for sanjaya to keep him on. Howard Stern is even voting and behind the website. It’s not the American Idol show keeping him on.

28. Tony Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:45 pm

29. Tina Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:51 pm

Okay, It is not very Canadian to be a racist homophobe. I don’t agree that Stephanie was the worst but Sanjaya could be better than he has been. Personally, I think Haley and Gina should be gone. Melinda and Blake are the best!!

30. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Hey guys: Stop crying. It’s a TV show . Get over it.

By the way, notice this:

First group safe: Melinda, Blake, Jordin
    Second group safe: Lakisha, Chris S, Phil
    Third group safe: Sanjaya, Haley, Gina
    Bottom Two: Chris R, Stephanie

Seems like these are grouped purposefully. The first group got the most votes (1-3), the second the next most (4-6), and so forth.

31. May Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:56 pm

SANJAYA ROCKS!!! SEND CHRIS SLIGH PACKING!!! Get Chris Sligh outta here. PLEASE!

32. Sarah Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 9:58 pm

Sanjaya is just as talented as most of the other no talents in the group. He is entertaining and one of the only reasons to watch the contrived show.

33. sketter Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:00 pm

AMERICAN IDOL IS NOT A SINGING CONTEST THIS YEAR, IT IS A LET’S MAKE SIMON AND THE REST OF THE WORLD MAD CONTEST. THIS IS THE END OF IDOL FOR ME AFTER THIS SEASON IS OVER, AMERICAN IDOL YOU ARE DONE IN MY HOUSEHOLD. THE REAL WINNER IS GOING TO WIN NO MATTER HOW THEY FLIP THE VOTE’S. BECAUSE RIGHT OVER RULES WRONG.

34. Penny Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:01 pm

If Blake throws in one more of his “spit bot” crap or whatever you want to call it, into his songs one more time….I’m going tooo, why I adaaaaa…he is driving me crazey…knock it off already Blake! As far as Sanjaya…the more people pick on him and criticize him, the more people are going to feel sorry for him a give him pity votes. I can’t believe Chris R was in the bottom two…that is totally screwed up…hope we F’d up Americans can get it rigth next week.

35. cobbi Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:01 pm

I think people vote for the week’s performances of the contestants but since they thought the Indian did better than his pervious weeks so they voted for him. And to those who are complying to this VFTW site can be called stupids or idiots. Maybe they see themselves to these weak and less talented contestants, say they are frustrated singers, too.

36. Ian Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:02 pm

Hey all. I am proud to vote for Sanjaya. He is entertaining and this is not just a singing contest but a contest for the best entertainer. On top of it all, the show is a bunch of bull anyway, so who really cares.

37. Suzieq Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:02 pm

Potty mouth Jessica – you need to get some manners. How homophobic can you be?

38. Penny Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:06 pm

I would like American Idol be judged by the 3 same judges, but get rid of the call in votes for ONE year as a test, and have actual MULTIPLE industry people vote from a box each week. You know, have like 50 industry people like musicians, singers, producers, etc… judge and vote their peers in and out. They can have American voters vote for the FINAL two and let them choose in the end…I think that would be a more realistic contest.

39. Annie Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:07 pm

Hey…whoever said that they voted for Sanjaya because they were entertaining, I have to agree with you. I laughed until tears ran down my face over his performance last night. It must have been entertaining if I could laugh until I was blue in the face.

40. Penny Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:10 pm

Whats with the racist remarks about Sanjaya? That is pretty bad, remarks like that do not get you any points in most peoples eyes. Calling him the “Indian”, etc… not cool!

41. mike c sucks like sanjive-ah Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:10 pm

yup, sanjiyah go back to ipa, hey, steph you phukeduhduhduh up, go gina rock on go leslie..whoops she’s gone, go chelsea…whoops wrong show pussscat, too many beers, i hate beaT BOX BLAKE SELL OUT…

42. Jack Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:12 pm

I got a good laugh out of the Canadian calling Americans idiots while he watches the show and contemplates it’s sickening side like everybody here in America does. And I wish they would lay off that Jennifer Hudson baloney. She was voted off the show and didn’t continue singing. Instead she tried acting and that worked out. If she hadn’t been voted off the show she may have made 3rd place and then would be stuck in some dead end career as a “good” but not great singer. Except for Kelly Clarkson and a couple of other Idol winners—the rest have made a few dollars but not the fame that they had really went after. What happened to Taylor Hicks? Taylor who???

43. Casey Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:12 pm

Sanjaya is on because he has beautiful hair and tries to sound like Michael Jackson. Please give it a rest, LaKisha will win and Sanjaya will be off in due time. Just hope that due time is next week!!!!

44. Matthew Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:16 pm

To Sarah:

Are you crazy? Are we seriously watching the same show? Instead of singing, Sanjaya screamed the song. There is no point for him to be on a talent show. You have to have at least some talent to be on the show. Obviously the judges and America made a grave mistake in letting Sanjaya be allowed the pleasure of being on American Idol.

45. Annie Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:17 pm

Even though the contestants that do not belong on the show will be voted off eventually, it really irritates me that “singers” like Haley and Sanjaya will be touring the country, and that hard-working people will be throwing away their money to suffer through mediocre performances, over those that are perhaps more deserving, such as Sabrina, Sundance, and Brandon.

46. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:21 pm

It was never a singing competition. its a voting competition, a popularity contest. C’mon, don’t kid yourselves.

47. ck Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:24 pm

Just for the record. Sanjaya is not an Indian and as an Indian I’m insulted to be grouped in with him. He is in fact a Hawaiian. I mean gosh he knows how to Hula…why would any guy admit that on national TV.

48. ck Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:27 pm

Why did they even put him through the first cut? He should have never made it on TV. He was never very good and they had to know this would happen.

49. Anonymous Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:30 pm

Uh….Sanjaya is not Hawaiian. Just because he can hula does not mean that he is Hawaiian.

50. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 10:53 pm

Sanjuya needs to go home along with Gina, but Stephanie wasn’t any good either. No big deal that she is gone.

51. mr showbiz Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 11:23 pm

You people still don’t get it do you. It’s not a singing competition. It’s about the person who is voting and what an Idol means to them. That can be a certain star quality, a look, the most potential to sell albums and music videos, and yes singing. But it’s not ONLY singing. I agree Sanjya (bad spelling) is terrible. But he has a large base of dedicated whatever’s voting for him. Actualy Stephanie was the worst performance last night and desreved to go. Sanjya should have gone the last three times, and he was bad again last night, but unfortuately Stephanie was worse. Lakisha better watch her performances. Last night was not very good for her and I now believe she won’t make the final two. That just may be Melinda and Jordin. Melinda will win but what the heck can you do with her as an Idol! This is one sorry lot this year. Absolutely the worst year they’ve had. I struggle to watch it although last night’s performances were the best yet this year.

52. Char Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 11:27 pm

I can say that I was surprised by the bottom two but I can understand why stephanie got voted off. American Idol is about finding new faces. As much as Stephanie finds being compared to Beyonce a great thing, which anyone would, I found her too much like her to be considered an original. I never understood Sanjaya’s fame BUT if he can make little girls feel the way the one little girl did that night, isn’t that a beautiful thing?!

53. Matthew Says:
    March 21st, 2007 at 11:46 pm

Here is the bitter truth.

The judges DIDNT want Stephanie to go home. That’s for sure.

But they are to blame to be honest with you.

Even though they know that Sanjaya is not a great singer, they put him through to the 24 anyway.

They cant even say it is their first time theyve done this (Kevin Covais).

And trust me, there are definitely people who were better than Sanjaya who were cut before the 24.

As long as crappy people are let through by the three of them, those crappy people will essentially ruin the show.

And as much as I love her, Stephanie, while her elimination was premature, was not a really shocking elimination.

54. rin Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:02 am

i totally agreed that stephanie should be the one to go home.I’ve predicted ever since her performance last night.It was pitchy all over the place & at times was not in tune..It’s been several weeks her pitching was like that.Maybe u guy not noticed @ can’t hear clearly.She’s even more tried to sounds like Beyonce from her 1st performance. For all of u guys out there who thought Haley & Sanjaya didn’t have the best voice out of the competition, ya maybe u r right,they don’t have “it” but based on last night performance,they deserved to stay for at least 1 more week.But I’m prety shocked that Chris Richardson was in the bottom 2.His performance was so awesome & touched me in some way.I’m rooting for him & Blake cos both of them r different, unique & original & most importantly have the x-factor.Hopefully u guys seeing that & vote for them.Pity that i can’t vote for them as I live outside of US.

55. Tim Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:08 am

Chris R in the Bottom 2? That was a surprise no one expected. It seems the teen votes are now between Sanjaya and Jordin, and the Southern votes are between Haley and Phil.

56. me Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:44 am

Okay, it TOTALLY sucks that Stephanie went home… but let’s face it… she was probably going to go home eventually given that Melinda, Jordan and Lakisha are such powerhouses. She just didn’t have enough buzz or stand out enough in such a competitive crowd. However, in another year, I think Stephanie could have won it. It sucks, but she was bound to go eventually. Four amazing girls…only one can win.

57. Tim Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:46 am

P.S. Americans are NOT idiots.
    ~Canadian Tim–proud to love my American neighbors

58. hammer Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:52 am

Oh my God, America…. why is Sanjaya still on the show? I can admit that his performance last night is a little better than his previous performances, but come on…he was still the worse among the 11 who performed last night.

Chris in the bottom 2 with Stephanie? America…I am disappointed.

59. tom Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:52 am

RACISM ALL TOGETHER. PURE AND SIMPLE. stephanie had no business going home. her voice is tens times better than chris,haley, the bald head guy, even blake, let alone sanjaya. and shes the one that gets sent home. c’mon this is like when fantasia, jennifer hudson and latoya were in the bottom three

60. joe Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 12:56 am

sanjaya does remind you of michael jackson and he is responding to criticisms and improving himself. Don’t write him off just yet, he might prove many pundits wrong!

61. suns Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 1:10 am

GET REAL PEOPLE ITS ITS NOT JUST SINGING BUT ALSO ENTERTAINMENT… LIEK COMEDY, DRAMA, ACTION ETC… SAME WITH THIS AI. THE THING IS AMERICA LOVES UNDERDOG…. REPEAT… UNDERDOG!!!! IT IS TRUE THERE ARE MORE BETTER SINGERS THAT IS NOT IN COMPETITION… IN SHOW BUSINESS YOU DON’T PUT ALL YOUR ACES… KEEP SOME FOR NEXT YEAR… SO TO ALL THOSE WHO STILL DON’T UNDERSTAND IT!!! WAKE UP OR SHALL I SAY TAKE A BUSINESS MAJOR… THIS IS ABOUT BUSINESS… GOT TO KEEP THAT OIL WELL GUSHING MAY I SAY…. SANJAYA ROCK IT LAST NIGHT AND PEOPLE LIKE IT!!! SO FOR THE WHINER… BUT 10 BOXES OF TISSUE YOU WILL NNED IT FOR A WHILE…

62. Jacob Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 3:21 am

I think some people are afraid to not vote for Sanjaya because he is Indian.

63. Wayne Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 3:53 am

I THINK that stephanie and chris should not be in the bottom two. There are a lot worst performance than those two.I Think that Sanjaya should be going home.I think that we should have the voteforgoodandbestperformance.com…

64. People's Voice Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 4:01 am

Reguarding Sanjaya… Let him win. I hope they do through the show. I hope they can do it to all the reality tv shows so we can get some sitcoms back on the air worth watching again. REALITY TV SUCKS!!! If we wanted to see that we would watch the NEWS!!!

65. People's Voice Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 4:02 am

If you agree e-mail ME!

66. Anonymous Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 4:14 am

Look at all you freaky americans, if america is deaf let it be, if america is blind what the heck! Ultimatly there will be only one winner, and that has to be the top talent. All will fall by the wayside.So what the fucks about Sanjaya. He is there to add controversy to the whole show. Marketing my friend, publicity good or bad does wonders to the show . All u freaking naive americans are falling for the oldest trick in the book

67. Anonymous Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 4:16 am

Look, all you freaky americans, if america is deaf let it be, if america is blind what the heck! Ultimatly there will be only one winner, and that has to be the top talent. All will fall by the wayside.So what the fucks about Sanjaya. He is there to add controversy to the whole show. Marketing my friend, publicity good or bad does wonders to the show . All u freaking naive americans are falling for the oldest trick in the book

68. bel Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 4:48 am

I think to many indians in US? please!!!! every week Im not worried for my fans because I think that the only one that needs to leave is Sanjaya!!!!! When he leaves we will have a competition!!!! Sometimes I dont know what americans are thinking…

69. wYatt Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 5:55 am

I’m very sad for this result!!!
    Why a good singer eliminated but a lousy boy still there???
    Stephanie is much better than Sanjaya!!!
    I dislike sanjaya at all. He should be the one elimated!!!!!
    And Chris Richardson shouldn’t be in the bottom 2 actually!!!
    Chris.R did an amazing job last night..
    Why Chris.R in the bottom 2??? I don’t get it at all!!!!
    American should vote to the good singer, not a lousy singer!!!!

70. Anonymous Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 6:12 am

I like Stephanie vey much. I think she has a great voice and a great personality. However, this week’s category just didn’t work out for her. I also had her leaving by the end of Tues. night’s show.

71. Anonymous Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 6:50 am

Why are some people suprised Stephanie was eliminated? If you go back to the boards after the Tuesday night performances, there were hundreds of post about Stephanie not having a good performance. Many were saying she was the one going home on Wednesday.

72. Mary Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 8:04 am

LISTEN:

It’s not difficult to understand why Sanjaya would make it to the Top 10 –

The TOUR !

Look how they made a big deal of the young girl crying for him – AI knows Sanjaya on the tour will SELL TOUR TICKETS!

Now that he is on the tour – he’ll get voted out.

That said … I actually like him. He has talent! .. but he’s just not as mature and LOUD as the others. Calm down … he won’t win …

Every year … EVERY year …. there has been this controversy over a contestant – this year it’s Sanjaya (poor Sanjaya) – and controversy = ratings. That’s all.

73. dejal Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 8:54 am

“Why should I be surprised that Stephanie got voted off.This are the the same Americans that elected george W Bush.”

Good god!!

Sheri, get an education before typing. “This are the the”

I’ll write this is in a way that you small brain will understand:

U am not a no gud tyypis.

74. Craig Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 9:05 am

First off, give up this nationalism on here. I am from Canada and while mistakes were definitely made by America, we are not immune to them up here either.

Anyway, I think it was disastrous to see Sanjaya get this far. I agree it is all about getting the teenyboppers out to the tour, something Stephanie (supposedly) could not. However, many of my favorites are long gone, so he can’t get all the blame. A second tour for everyone else is really needed.

75. Stewart Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 10:16 am

I been reading the comment. I agree this is all for TV. Simone somewhat help this. They know he not going to win. and it is for publicity, and the media. SanJaya is getting famous off us because we are so angry that he is still there. If you notice the first 3 week the judges diss him bad and when the final 10 came around Randy and Paula gave him good praise. They wanted him in the top 10. Now next week they going to bash him again. American see where this is going. They was not going to let 4 black diva go on tour and have one 1 girl. Yes he should have been gone, so calm down eventually they all will be eliminated except for one. So americna take a break. I have heard worst before SanJaya and he not that bad.

76. MDDeeva Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 11:33 am

I agree with Lindsey also…This is no longer a fun show to watch-Hell, it’s not even funny anymore-But I’m sure the folks that auditioned to be on American Idol and were made fun of for all to see are having a real good laugh now. Funny how Simon, seemingly the most popular and influential judge, is sadly contributing to some of the drama. I believe he helped to orchestrate Stephanie’s removal. Stephanie has the voice, the stage presence, and the talent;She will be a star-guaranteed. Seems like once Haley, formely the underdog, starting wearing less clothing, she took the focus off of her lackluster voice-But nothing is worse than watching Sanjaya remain-And as far as the little love sick girl fan’s tears, she cried for everybody that sang-But notice how the cameramen were instructed to constantly zoom in on her while Sanjaya was performing-What was that all about???

77. Don Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 11:37 am

You know at this point I’m not going to be dissapointed at all anymore if Sanjaya doesn’t get voted off; just as long as Melinda, Jordin, and Lakeisha stay in it til the final three, and never have to make any trips to the bottom three. That’s all I can hope for at this point because this competition this year is OUT OF CONTROL! Go Melinda, Jordin, and Lakeisha!
    But please Lakeisha don’t get back on that stage looking like you did tuesday night. Just a mess.

78. Francesca Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 1:14 pm

Did you guys notice how hot Chris R was? his bulging biceps… puppy dog eyes… yummm…. I am so in love… AI is not just a singing competition. If it is, it should just be broadcasted on radio. Contestants are judged by (1) their appeareance; (2) their singing – vocal and song selection; (3) their character. Then there is the “hometown” factor: many vote for the contestant from their county / state.

Stephanie is a good singer, but last week she didn’t perform well. She chose a song that didn’t suit her vocal range.
    Gina wasn’t good either, but she has the look, she is unique, and she has such an adorable character.

Chris R in bottom 2???? That was a surprise. But I’m glad he made it through.

Go Chris R, Go!!!! I love (lust) you.

79. me Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 1:25 pm

LOL to TOM who says this is racism. How did Reuben and Fantasia win, oh brilliant one?

Racism…yeah. People who cry racism in these situations keep America from progressing to be all it can be. Wake up. It’s reality TV…Stephanie was never going to make it against so many other strong (AND NOT WHITE) singers like Lakisha, Jordan and Melinda.

80. apanbrad Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 1:28 pm

I have to agree w/a lot of the posters in that I believe that this year the quality of talent is just not there.Aside from Lakisha and Melinda,these people are just not up to the standard of previous AI contestants–even Blake(and I think that he will probably win)is not in the same category as either of the previously mentioned ladies. Still, good luck to all contestants, and, peace everyone.

81. apanbrad Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 1:29 pm

82. Anonymous Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 2:11 pm

I was pretty shocked that it was either Chris R or Stephanie Edwards going home because they were both pretty good the night before to stay. I was pretty shocked that Gina, Phil and Haley were not one of those two standing there because they weren’t that great. I will be going to the tour this year, but I am really upset that Stephanie is not in the tour for me to see her.

83. Qwerty Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 2:13 pm

There is a presumption here that the voting is on the up and up. As Stalin said, “It’s not who votes that counts, it’s who counts the votes.” Obviously, there is no independent oversight or any legal-type control over the vote count. Who does it? American Idol producers. Who determines which votes are legit and which are to be “filtered” out? American Idol producers. It’s a TV show, folks — not a Presidential election. The easy way to check on the accuracy of the voting is to conduct scientific polling of American Idol voters.

84. Tyler Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 2:49 pm

SANJAYA MALAKAR HAS FOUND WHAT THE JUDGES AND AMERICA ARE LOOKING 4!!!!!! look he’s FANTASTIC!!! didn’t suprise me Stephanie went home. she started to sound worse and worse every week. im proud of Sanjaya. now he’s found what people like (he’s been amazing ever since auditions!) he will be staying 4 awhile. don’t go being sore loser assholes that the right people are actually goin home. and keep the show on 4 another couple seasons so in a couple years i can try out! im just like Sanjaya voice, looks, and personality so watch for me on Idol season 9!

85. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 4:43 pm

Folks, Stepahnie got the boot because she tried to be the next Beyonce.

Beyone is the most hated person in America right now, she is jealous of Jennifer Hudson, who Best Supporting Actress, did y’all see Hudson’s performance on the Oscars and Beyonce’s running up to the stage as desperate-her time has PASSED.

86. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 4:53 pm

Here’s how I see American Idol-Season 6:

1.Melinda Doolittle of Brentwood, Tennessee-Winner(for now she’s the one to beat unless Sens. Bob Corker and Lamar Alexander dig up some dirt on her and use the call girl in another racist ad like they did against Harold Ford,Jr., in the 2006 TN Senate race).

2. Jordin Sparks of Glendale, Arizona-RUNNER-UP: more proof that the West will be force to be reckon with Jordin and Blake still around and due to the McPheever last year, I think the South’s days are numbered regardless if they hold onto BARELY against either Jordin or Blake.

Jordin will sneak up and take Lakisha’s spot away from her, because Lakisha is on the verge of being Tom Bradley’d.

3. Blake Lewis of Federal Way, Washington: if he wins, he’ll be the first Blue State finalist to win American Idol.

4. Haley Scarnato of San Antonio, Texas: she IS the Katharine McPhee of 2007 and if she continues to step up her game, she could sneak into the Final 3 and take Blake’s spot.

5. Lakisha Jones of Fort Meade, Maryland: on the decline FAST than Blanco’s approval ratings in LA.

6. Chris Sligh of Greenville, South Carolina

7. Gina Glocksen of Naperville, Illinois: unless Barack Obama and Richard Daley, Jr., come save her, the girl rocker has NO chance of making the Final 5 or Final Four.

8. Sanjaya Malakar of Federal Way, Washington

9. Chris Richardson of Chesapeake, Virginia: the male version of Camile Velasco-CANNOT SING SH*T.

10. Phil Stacey of Jacksonville, Florida.

87. seriously? Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 5:27 pm

you people are ridiculous.

88. mine. Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 5:30 pm

10. sanjaya
    9. gina
    8. sligh
    7. haley
    6. phil
    5. melinda
    4. chris
    3. jordin
    2. blake
    1. lakisha

89. about sanjaya... Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 5:35 pm

the kid must be doing something right. he’s the one performing on the most popular tv show in the nation each week. he’s the one who has the hair everyone is talking about. if you talk about american idol- sanjayas name almost automatically comes up. i agree, i agree- he’s a dreadful performer…but he’s doing something right-we’re the ones sitting on our couches watching him. if you can so freely and rudely mock him then why arent you on the show?

90. about sanjaya... Says:

Brandon Rogers
    Thomas Daniels
    Jenry Bejarano
    Sean Michel
    Jimmy McNeal
    Jarrod Fowler
    Sanjaya Malakar (but went first)

WOMEN:
    Melinda Doolittle
    Lakisha Jones
    Gina Glocksen
    Jordin Sparks
    Stephanie Edwards
    Baylie Brown
    Shymali Malakar
    Alaina Alexander
    Leslie Hunt (really good IMO)
    Rachel Zevita
    Perla Meneses
    Denise Jackson

Tell me if you agree/disagree

92. Julie Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 7:11 pm

I am shocked that Stephanie was voted off last night. I thought she sang much better than Sanjaya, Haley, and Gina did. One of them should’ve been voted off last night. I was also shocked that Chris Ricardson was in the bottom two. I think he’s cute and he sings really well!

93. Anonymous Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 7:21 pm

he will leave next time peeps now for my sis to say her opinion
    i love sanjaya with all my heart he is so talented and cute!!!!!!!!! PLEASE VOTE FOR SANJAYA THEN NOBODY WILL GET HURT !!!!!!
    i am not responsible for her opinions hopefully she isnt still ther but BLAKE LEWIS IS BETTERZ!!!

94. Craig Says:

Marisa Rhodes
    Melinda Doolittle
    Michelle Steingas
    Nichole Gatzman
    Rachel Zevita
    Sarah Burgess

Note: If the 12/12 rule was eliminated, the girls’ side would fill up with several more.

95. hammer Says:
    March 22nd, 2007 at 10:47 pm

all i can say is that Sanjaya was shouting during his performance this past week. he wasn’t singing at all.

during the auditions, the judges mentioned that he was better than his sister. and up to now, i still don’t get it because i thought the sister was the better singer.

96. Lisa Says:
    March 23rd, 2007 at 4:28 am

What is wrong with you retarded Americans!? You’re obviously deaf! Sanjaya is a piece of crap who sounds like a dying cow! You might as well get Simon singing. I swear if Sanjaya doesnt get voted out next week I am THROUGH with American Idol…….. It should be called American Idiots. Who ever is out there- like a sad loner voting for Sanjaya again and again (probably it’s SANJAYA voting for himself) go get a life. Please vote him OUT now…AMERICA PLEASE PROTEST AND HAVE STEPHANIE BROUGHT BACK IN AND SANJAYA SENT PACKING BACK TO DELHI. AMEN

97. Wilfred Choo Says:
    March 23rd, 2007 at 6:10 am

Sanjaya was great and he improves with every performance. Simon, Randy and Puala conspired to allow Sanjaya to be in the last 24 and thought the voting public would listen and concur with their opinions and have Sanjaya voted out but the strategy backfired. I am tired of the 3 judges playing God.

98. asdf Says:
    March 23rd, 2007 at 1:24 pm

To Lisa:

Your post is ridiculous. I understand Sanjaya isn’t that great. But get some class…honestly…

99. Mike C Says:
    March 24th, 2007 at 8:48 am

Sin-Jalala is ghastly, a real earsoar and far from any kind of Idol!! Please, people, even as a “Teen” idol he’s lame. Yes, he shouted and jumped around this year and was less offensive than usual but his stage prescence is Creepy at best!! His grinning teen face surely cries out to go home this coming week!
    And the shamless little girl crying was a touch of classlessness on everybody’s part. She moved me to throw up!!
    Go Blake, Melinda, and just about anybody but Sin-Jalala!!

100. Mike C Says:
    March 24th, 2007 at 8:49 am

Go Blake, Melinda, and just about anybody but Sin-Jalala!!

101. Me Says:
    March 27th, 2007 at 7:41 pm

k im canadian so i cant vte but sanjaya sucks did you see his hair tonight it sucked too. please send him home so i dont have to think when i wacth it all amricans are deaf.SEND HIM HOME WITH HIS SIS HE SUCKS(BAD NO GOOD SAY BYEBYE) KICK HIM OFF.

Comments