America Idol Showdown – Haley’s Green Dress Vs. Sanjaya’s Slick Hair

April 03, 2007 11:02 PM by Joe Blackmon

Haley_scarnato_dressAs far as singing goes, Melinda Doolittle probably already has American
Idol 6 wrapped up (even though Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, or Lakisha
Jones
could still give her a run for her money).  The big question of
the American Idol top nine performance show of course was how Sanjaya
Malakar
would wear his hair.  Surprisingly, Sanjaya went for a
conservative slicked back approach to his hair.  On the other hand,
Haley Scarnato was decidedly less conservative with her green dress.

Over the last several weeks, Sanjaya Malakar has raised the importance of hair to a completely new level on American Idol.  His ponyhawk will likely go down in Idol history as the most memorable hairstyle ever.  Rather than focusing on the performances, most media articles about the American Idol top ten performance show centered around Sanjaya’s hair.

However, instead of trying to outdo his famous ponyhawk, Sanjaya Malakar went with a conservative slicked back hairstyle on the American Idol top nine performance show.  While Sanjaya compensated for his hair disappointment by dancing with Paula Abdul, it still left the door open for another performer to gain votes for other reasons besides singing.

While Haley Scarnato could never compete with Sanjaya based on hair, she appears to be playing the revealing dress game to gain votes.  Not since Katharine McPhee’s famous yellow dress have so many Idol viewers probably been praying for a wardrobe malfunction at the same time.  Her very short green dress did not go unnoticed by the judges either.  Paula Abdul said “Did I mention greens a good color for you?”  And Simon Cowell added “I think you’ve got great legs.”

Will Haley’s short skirt become more talked about than Sanjaya’s hair?  Is Idol becoming more of a hair and wardrobe competition than a singing competition?  Who would win if the final two came down to Haley Scarnato and Sanjaya Malakar?

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

28 Responses to “America Idol Showdown – Haley’s Green Dress Vs. Sanjaya’s Slick Hair”

1. Donna Says:
    April 3rd, 2007 at 11:28 pm

SHE’S A TRAMP!!!!! THAT WAS DISGUSTING SHOWING HER BOOBS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! I WANT HER OFF THIS SHOW, DO YOU HEAR ME!!!! CHILDREN WATCH THIS SHOW!!!! Don’t let them see this SMUT!!!! Save the Children!!! Do NOT VOTE ON HER!!! Get back to MORALITY, AMERICA!!!

2. davidm Says:
    April 3rd, 2007 at 11:58 pm

Dud of the night: Tony Bennett, an old fashioned crooner. These kids are young and they need contemporary mentors not geriatric has beens.
    2nd dud of the night: Idol producers for having Tony Bennett, which led to a bunch of boring songs and performances.
    Third dud: all the contestants except perhaps two, and I’m not talking about the favorites, Melinda, Lekisha or even Jordan. I’m talking about Chris for making the song his own, and Hayley for using what’s she’s got. And if that upsets a few puritanical misfits who are shocked by boobs and legs, too bad. And to think, a few weeks ago I would have thrown both Chris and Hayley off the show. As for Sanjaya: brilliant, huh. His puke-like grin almost hides his hideous vocals. Well, ‘nuff said about Sanjaya, he’ll live to sing another day. Going home: probably Gina.

3. Chris Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 12:20 am

I don’t think any of this matters anymore. I just find the show entertaining, and that’s about it. I don’t really care who “wins”, since the success of “Daughtry” in comparison to Taylor’s record shows that the “winner” mustn’t necessarily get the most votes. I honestly think the only one who could get a number of viewers/listeners to buy his/her record is Blake. Say what you will about the beatboxing, but that, along with some slick choreography and arrangement (all his, or so it is claimed) made him the star of “Hollywood Week.” I loved it, & I’ve been watching his work since. I really liked his Cure cover, though for the disaffected, Goth-esque crew, a nice Depeche cover would have really made me happy. “Go Blake,” I love you kiddo!

4. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 12:22 am

Chris did a great job, wow I am suprised to be saying that. Haley was awful. I feel sorry for her that she has given up on singing and decided to go the hussy route.

5. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 12:22 am

6. Anonymous Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 12:29 am

Shut up Donna. If you don’t like it, have your kids watch Barney or something. No one is forcing them to watch Idol.

7. kat Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 1:00 am

i think that all the idols did a good job and that i liked the type of music that they sang i knew a lot of the songs that they sang even if iam only 23 i did not like sanjaya at all i thought that haley was pretty i have never been a fan of hers that is ok though oh well i would not want sanjaya and haley in the finales i just have to say that i like blake melinda, jordin, and laskhia and yeah i agree with the others that chris was good i liked when he came out he looked like a star and i liked the song but sanjaya needs to go home but his fans keep voting for him nothing we can do just hope that he does not win but a lot of other idols from season five and other season of american idol did not win and they still have cds that i own some i still need some of them since i suport al of the idols and i collect things and news paper clips u can be famous just being part of the top 12 and have a record contract so u never know what will happen

8. Anonymous Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 1:20 am

Sanjaya, you rock!

9. MikeknaJ Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 1:26 am

Randy and Paula were completely unprofessional in their critiques of Haley tonight. She singled Simon out for praise in her pre-song Q&A. So they pouted and passed on critiquing her song when it came time to judge. Shame on them.

10. $40 Blow Job Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 1:39 am

Nice dress, saggy breasts and arms.

11. Anonymous Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 6:05 am

So I am not the only one who sees it – Haley has a great shape, but she needs to work out and tone. Her arms and legs jiggle, and somebody else, probably a guy, also noticed that her breasts sag.

As for Sanjaya, I love watching him. Okay, he is not a great singer, but my 6 yr. old daughter loves him! And I respect him for displaying his courage and innovation despite what is said in the media. And for those who think he is too sassy when he welcomes Simon to his universe (ha, ha), just try to imagine how you would handle being vilified from so many sources.

But, despite all the drama, this is a singing competition and Melinda is a great singer. I can hardly wait to hear her first album. I love R&B and will be first in line to buy it!

12. bibbitybobbityboo Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 7:00 am

Haley reminds me and hubby of a singer in a Disneyworld production. We were waiting for a dancing candelabra and chest of drawers to join her on stage.

Sanjaya just sucks.

Donna, you snake-handling, hypocritical pin-headed “Chris-CHUN” – you are an embarrassment to real Christians. Shut your moonpie-hole already and go back to sending your welfare checks to Oral Roberts.

13. Jon Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 7:40 am

I was disgusted when Ryan complained to Blake about Blake forgetting a word in rehearsal!! Not on the live show, but in rehearsal!!! Isn’t that what rehearsal is about? Meanwhile, Chris forgets words and no one complains! The bias is shocking.

14. packer111us Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 8:56 am

Why are we talking about Haley’s dress, when Lakisha’s right breast was exposed at the end of her performance. Poor thing, it was Janet Jackson, revisited. I could not believe it!

15. Larry Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 9:48 am

BEST IDEA EVER! Put Sanjaya into Haley’s Green Dress and let him do his weird thing with his hair and we will have American Idol’s next winner! Or was that really SANJAY inside Haley’s green dress? Who cares! AI this year is too funny and strange to get any better…I look forward to next year. VFTW . COM!

16. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 10:16 am

Phil is going home tonight, Chris R will go back to VA next week, followed by Haley, and Sanjaya-making Blake the only guy left in the Final 6.

17. Anonymous Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 11:59 am

I think Donna needs a big stiff dick in her ass!

18. Ted Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 12:32 pm

DavidM–um, you seem to forget that the most coveted demographic in television is the 18-49 YO range. And although 18-29 is in the range, so is 30-49 and let’s face it, there’s only so much “geek in the pink” that the top end of the popular demographic really wants to see. That’s called variety to appeal to all age categories. You may have very little respect for Tony Bennett, but he has a career that has spanned 50 decades and he still managed to have an album go platinum within the last 5 years. He is still amazingly popular and so is his music. I bet that more artists have covered his music even in the last 10 years than some of these niche artists that are contemporary. Just because you don’t listen to the lounge lizard, Las Vegas, Broadway genres, doesn’t mean they are not popular. Not everyone wants 20-something dance music. The key to making AI successful is to find a way to span generations and be popular. One way is to shuffle around the genres so that something appeals to everyone.

19. Some Dude Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 1:17 pm

Seriously, who really cares about Sanjaya? He has no talent and he will NOT win American Idol. But lets get on to more important things…Like how HOT Sanjaya’s sister is. Have you seen her? She used to work at Hooters. You can see her Hooters pictures right here:

20. HALEY Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

Yeah she is sexy and hot, but I do not think she should be dressed like that on idol. Maybe if she was trying to be a model, but not on american idol. I liked her singing though. It was not as bad as it was every other week. I thought everyone was good last night, but I think it is either Haley, Phil or Gina going. Maybe Sanjaya, but Sanjaya did do alot better from last week. And at least his hair was not as scary as last week.

21. Tyler Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 6:23 pm

if the final two were Haley and Sanjaya i wouldn’t watch that AT ALL!!! the REAL final two should be Blake Lewis and Melinda Doolittle.

22. Simona Cowell Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 10:03 pm

U R ALL IDIOTS! 1ST of all, leave Halley alone, she sounded good, stop leering at boobs and legs you don’t have, male of female. 2ND, Donna, go back to your Amish uptight stick up the ass stupid bulls$hit world and stay out of ours. 3RD, Gina ran out of gas, period. Rockers don’t speed dial. 4TH, Sanjaya SUCK SUCKS I hope he goes home soon. WHO WINS? I DON’T KNOW, THEY ALL SUCK!

23. jim tuemler Says:
    April 4th, 2007 at 10:43 pm

Haley is the most gorgeous creature on earth!

24. Bill Says:
    April 5th, 2007 at 10:06 am

Hmmm… Does anyone question the true legitimacy of Sanjaya’s continuation in this competition? I don’t know anyone (save a post in here about a six year old) that likes his singing or feels he really should remain. Where are these votes really coming from? I think there is a technology at work here keeping him in. Maybe people are running those irritating phone dialers, which we loath contacting us as we are sitting down to dinner at home, to run up the polls on their “off hours”? It just doesn’t seem possible to me that there are THAT many legitimate calls from warm bodies selecting him over Gina or Haley or Phil. I mean… realistically, (while I’m a fan of Gina’s look and singing, I think Haley is gorgeous and she has her moments singing, and I expected Phil to be an emotional favorite – both because of the new baby AND that he’s an enlisted man) how can that many people be putting all ten of their calls to Sanjaya? Has anyone ever tried to vote more than 10 times to see what happens? (just curious) And… is there a book for American Idol where throwing the competition to an underdog can actually spell some serious profit somewhere (Vegas)?

25. Ted Says:
    April 5th, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Bill–there is a large block of 8-15 year olds that are solidly voting for Sanjaya. Think “Ashley”, the crying girl on British invasion night. They love Sanjaya and they are autodialing as fast as they can before their bedtimes to vote for him. For them, Gina and Phil are just too old for them. I bet he’d make it big in TeenIdol magazines, etc.

Also, there is another contingent who like the boy-toy effeminate character. Visit rickey.org to see who that contingent is (the author of that web-site is a MAJOR Sanjaya fan).

And with a major fan base, a contestant can stay on because of popularity. I predict that he’ll be #4 or #5 based on his fan base and how long it will take the consolidate the votes of all of the eliminated contestants behind others to drop him to the bottom where he will be eliminated. I predict that the next few weeks will be #8 Haley, #7 Phil, #6 Chris R, #5 Sanjaya.

26. Anonymous Says:
    April 6th, 2007 at 7:06 am

How come Haley or Phil did not go home? Right now I am debating on to watch the show anymore or not because it is a joke. Haley should have left weeks ago. Gina should have not have left this week over Haley. Come on America, Think before you vote for someone.

27. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says:
    October 11th, 2007 at 9:40 am

SHE’S A TRAMP!!!!!

28. www.sugar-shoes.co.uk Says:
    October 22nd, 2007 at 2:25 pm

Great site keep up the good work

Comments