American Idol Results – Haley Scarnato Eliminated

April 11, 2007 09:02 PM by Joe Blackmon

Haley_scarnato_eliminatedInstead of thirty minutes, the American Idol results show ran for a
full hour.  Ryan Seacrest introduced the judges and asked Simon Cowell
if he slept last night after giving Sanjaya a compliment, and Cowell
said “Yes.”  The remaining eight American Idol finalists opened the
show with a group performance of “Bailamos.”

In a new results show segment, Ryan Seacrest went to the Farmer’s Market in Los Angeles to get people’s opinion on last night’s performance show.  Apparently some people in L.A. carry around homemade Blake Lewis signs while shopping for produce.  After Seacrest’s interviews, Akon made a special guest appearance and sang “Don’t Matter.”

For the Ford music video, the American Idol finalists performed “Happy Together.”  After Ryan Seacrest plugged the Idol Gives Back charity special and patted News Corporation (the parent company of Fox) on the back for their generous $5 million contribution, Simon Cowell appeared in a taped segment about how some of the money would go to buying Schools In A Box.  In a hilarious moment, one of the African students included breasts on a drawing of Simon Cowell.

After a recap of the top eight performance show, Ryan Secrest asked the three people with the lowest number of votes to come to center stage.  In the bottom three were Phil Stacey, Haley Scarnato, and Chris Richardson.  After Chris Richardson’s name was announced as being in the bottom three, the audience booed.

After a commercial break, Ryan Seacrest sent Chris Richardson back to safety.  Phil Stacey and Haley Scarnato remained on center stage as the bottom two.  Jennifer Lopez made a special guest appearance and sang “Quà Hiciste.”  After Jennifer Lopez’s performance, Ryan Seacrest revealed that after over 35 million votes, Haley Scarnato was going home.

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
American Idol news.  For
other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Topics: American Idol |

65 Responses to “American Idol Results – Haley Scarnato Eliminated”

1. Anonymous Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 9:10 pm

finally she’s gone!!!!
    i tought we’ll never get rid of her
    she should since long ago!!
    next week is phil!!!

2. C Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Thought for sure Phil would go .. he was really bad last night.

Way to go Sanjaya!

3. Anonymous Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 9:14 pm

I’m glad she’s gone. She used to be very nice, but she’s been acting too stuck up these past few weeks. I think the whole “fame” has gotten up to her head.

4. sanjayasurvivesanotherday Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 9:41 pm

Haley’s time needed to come. I liked her, but her vocal abilities pale in comparison to all in the top 12 but Sanjaya (and even then, he performed better than her last night…although he still needs to be voted off…).
    So much for the Lakisha elimination predictions. Not even in the bottom three, although it could’ve been fixed. Next week, maybe? It’s country week!
    BTW, that picture of Haley you have is both creepy and priceless.

5. edge Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 9:45 pm

For sure Haley’s gonna be out in the short run, another journey for Sanjaya! Well of course GO GO GO MELINDA!!!

6. phyl Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 9:48 pm

I’m glad haley is gone. All she does is dresses like a slut.

7. www.typepad.com/t/trackback/242640/17451272 Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 9:48 pm

why are u trying to get rid of lakisha so much?The big girl can sing. u worry so much about her and sanjaya grins and smiles to get by!why are u belittling the black girls

8. Wilson Green Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:00 pm

Get this Sanjaya character off the stage…puhlezzzzz. Lakisha and Melinda are singers, as is Jordin. The rest are also-rans, at best.

9. Jimmy Dean Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:03 pm

Haley? Yeah, whatever. Get rid of Sanjaya, though. C’mon!

10. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:04 pm

It’s about time!

11. Tyler Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:06 pm

One more big fat problem to get rid of on American Idol 6 Haley finally got sent packing and when im talking about going home i don’t mean Sanjaya(who is actually really good), i don’t mean Phil(having a hard time but truly can shine) i mean LaKisha Jones!!! she SUCKS!!! everyone else can sing AWESOME but LaKisha needs 2 GO!!!

12. ANON Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:07 pm

Actually, I think Haley performed well in the last show. I was disappointed with Lakisha’s performance. And she wore a dress that was too tight and unflattering. Her dancing was awkward too…Melinda shone as usual, she may not be the sexiest of performers but she delivered as usual.
    I liked Sanjaya’s rendition of “Besame Mucho”…Playing the devil’s advocate here…Jordin’s one of my favourites too, though I didn’t think her last performance was great. Which leaves Blake, Phil and Chris. Blake’s my favourite from these 3. Phil can surprise too…Chris is talented too..I don’t know, let America decide.

13. Timmie S. Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:22 pm

I like Sanjaya…Paula looks weird though.. My favourite singer is Jordin…Go Jordin Go!!!! From Canada

14. ShirlGirl Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Haley didn’t deserve to go, but then again, neither did Gina. The judges and America were too hard on both of them. Sanjaya is a freak and needs to be gone 4 eliminations ago!!!!! Hopefully Jordin stays and makes it to the finals. She’s the only one worth watching now.

15. Jamie Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Lakisha is Ruben in drag. There is nothing unique about her and I want to slap the smug look off her face tonight.

Stop Dressing like HALEY!

16. mike Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:49 pm

j-lo is a joke, that bitch cant even sing and they put her on the show to give advice?

17. JJ Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

ugh!!!
    phil needs to leave!!!

18. JJ Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

FU jamie!!!

19. anonymous Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:53 pm

phil better be going next week!

20. Anonymous Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:53 pm

next week is lakisha time to go as it was with mandisa in last season’s country week, always a big fat black female singer goes in that theme week!!

21. JJ Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:54 pm

i’m sorry… FU MIKE!!!

22. Adri Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 10:58 pm

I agree that J.Lo is a joke. She can’t sing and if I were anyone on the show, I definitely wouldn’t take advice from **her**. I’m also glad Haley was voted off. She ssuuuccckkkkkssss. Melinda is the greatest! I hope she makes it all the way!!!

23. kk Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:05 pm

Little Mugli(Sanjaya)looks like s freak with his goatee & crappy moustache,but he sang a little bit better then before…I think Phil Stacey is the next one to go ..This Mugli would make to the top 6!

24. michelle Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:06 pm

adri are crazy???
    melinda could be a good singer
    and lakisha too, but they’re sooooo
    boooooooooooring!!!!
    i would prefer in the final 2 blake and jordin, they fit better with all the aspects that one american idol should have

25. kk Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:08 pm

26. Reez Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:11 pm

I like Haley…at least she’s a good performer…the body language and face expression

yeah i think Melinda,Jordin and Lakisha are pretty much boring performers.. we dont need another Jennifer Hudson

Im rooting for Blake…he’s original and a very nice package

Go Blake!!

27. Reez Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:15 pm

Phil is next

then Lakisha and Chris

leaving Sanjaya, Blake, Jordin and Melinda

I like to see Sanjaya out next, then Jordin

Blake and Melinda is the final 2 and eventually Blake will take the crown!

he’s very sell-able

28. Anonymous Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:16 pm

Haley along with Antonella and Alaine Alexander are made only for Playboy stuff. There’s a difference between dressing sensual and sexual and those 3 girls dress pretty slutty.

29. Rick Gulecki Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:17 pm

Dang, Haley is beautiful not just physicaly, but on the inside as well. There is so much more that she has to offer as an entertainer/singer than half of those that are left. You could see she has a soft and passionate soul. Bobby Krudwig is one darn lucky man, wish I were in his shoes. Haley you did great!

30. Anonymous Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Hey Reez, I agree with you about the order of elimination. Except I would like the final 2 to be Jordin and Blake. Melinda gets on my nerves with her no-neck pollyanna smile

31. alexandra V. Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

My ranking for now is this:

7) Lakisha (for the country week theme)
    6) Phil
    5) Chris
    4) Sanjaya
    3) Melinda
    2) Jordin
    1) Blake =)

32. Rick Gulecki Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:26 pm

I was the one that wrote Haley was great. Put my name under the wrong heading you guys! Bobby Krudwig I say is one lucky guy for sure. She is talented, beautiful, and sweet, what a package. My heart groaned when she was voted off. She did a fantastic job!

33. Joanie G Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:27 pm

I thought that Idol was a singing/performing show. It’s turned into a preteen obession w/a skinny,teenage guy that isn’t even charismatic. Give them all posters of Sanjaya and get him out of this show. It’s a cruel game being played, at the expense of the other singers. Sanjaya cannot project his voice and he can’t hit many notes. Why can’t everyone vote on REAL merit? Make Sanjaya a model or put him in a TV show for cute boys( he’s cute?). The dreams of some fabulous singers have been dashed because of little girls craziness. The singers that deserve to be on tour have lost their chance at happiness because of this idiocy. Next season, the judges should be able to override votes, if there is an obvious scam, like this, happening.

34. micah Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:29 pm

She’s going home? Damn dude, she was the only hot one left. BTW, I thought these shows were live, it’s only 930 here on the west coast??

35. Don Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:33 pm

Go Melinda, Jordin, and Lakisha! I’m sure you three were the top three vote getters again this week! Well, why wouldn’t you be since you three have the best singing voices and stage presence out of all the remaining finalists. Like I said from day one, this competition is not a competition yet. Everybody else needs to go home so that Melinda, Jordin, and Lakisha can duke it out on that stage like three heavy weights! They are a million times more talented than the rest of the bunch.
    Next week to go is either Phil or Sunjaya. Then it should be Blake or Chris.

36. Rick Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:35 pm

Yes, she was voted off. The freaky Sanboy is still on there, and a few others that are far worse examples of what an “American Idol” should be. She is by far the hottest idol they have had on there, and had talent to match, with a lot of pizazz. She should have stayed.

37. jaden Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:40 pm

ok so i have to say this.all you haley haters are more than likely hatin cause shes hot and your not..the blk chicks are very good singers also theres only one bad person if thats what youd consider him but its the judges fault they shouldve never even picked sanjaya to go to hollywood.Blake is gonna take the cake in this season…so all you people that sit in here and hate..how bout you pick up the damn phone and vote..have a wonderful day

38. MN Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:42 pm

Haley should have stayed because she had more vocal talent but she also had better stage presence

39. mandy Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:45 pm

Blake is hot and fresh.He’s already won.

40. sara Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:49 pm

i agree with mandy because blake turns me on!!! =P

41. Reez Says:
    April 11th, 2007 at 11:59 pm

Its not about singing competition anymore

its about getting as much as and a strong as fanbase u can get

i personally think that Chris and Blake are the only contestant who can sell records based on this fact

they dont have strong vocals but they have stage presence

Sanjaya did a good job in being tacky….

42. Mickey Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 12:04 am

Thank goodness Haley’s gone! I was concerned that Votefortheworst would start pushing HER instead of Sanjaya and that would be even worse!

43. cobbi Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 12:51 am

I didn’t watch the performance night but got some glimpse of it. I think Melinda is being rude to Simon, he’s the judge (remember Chris S. when he said something to Simon and then on results night he apologized). BTW, Simon is the only sincere and honest judge AI have. The remaning two are just bots. Its good that America got it right this week by voting off Haley. Next week let the Indian boy go home, he’s like a chameleon who changes his appearance every week but the weak voice still the same and the same weird smile.

44. Bihl Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 12:58 am

American Idol is losing it all. Man, we have got to vote for the one that can sing, that can move, that has the “american idol” flava. The only 2 american idols so far that have shown beyond all seasons: #1 Kelly Clarkson and #2 CArrie Underwood.

everyone else got voted in cuz america did it. once again it shows with this years season: stop voting out of stupidity. someone needs to make a spoof on american idol so the sanjayas and the william hungs can have their own votes from their own kind of voters, those that are having stupid fun with this stuff.

Leave the real American Idol to those out there that are proud of this show and want true talented stars rise and give us good music!

45. adiY Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 1:33 am

i think haley wasn’t that bad…she is a good singer.. much better than sanjaya….sanjaya should’ve left the competition on 24 elimination…i don’t care who will be eliminated next week except sanjaya…i hate this competition as long he’s still in there…please do not vote 4 him…i like jordin,blake and melinda…but i wanna jordin n blake be the top two on the final…melinda is good,,,but i think she would have to try hard to sell herself if she won this competition…sorry…it’s just my opinion..

46. Matt Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 2:37 am

Mickey: u r a freakin racist..sanjaya is american ..its a immigrant country remember? forgot ur history dumb_a_ss? ask the natives yea :)

47. Matt Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 2:39 am

sorry mickey my bad..tht was spposed to be for dumb a_ss cobbi

48. Alinne Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 4:51 am

go Blake.. he’s the one with both the looks and the voice… he can really sell.. melinda and jordin are really good too

49. Anonymous Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 7:47 am

some web site http://www.mediacurves.com called the losers (except for sanjaya). they use some scientific method of testing. really cool!

50. shelly Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 8:19 am

Haley should not have gone but then this season is weird in itself. Sanjaya should had gone day ONE! I still believe the Voting should change. It should be not vote for your favorite BUT Vote OFF the Weakest Link.
    Blake should win over-all not saying that Lakisha, Melinda, Jordan aren’t good but Blake is Original, has alot of Stage Presence and would Sell CD’S. Chris’s voice is okay but not what Randy calls a WOW factor. I do agree Phil and Sanjaya should be next one’s to leave. I wouldn’t count on it, I believe a shocker is coming up. Someone like Jordan, Jones or even Melinda, this show has been the worst and I do believe it’s the Voting System that is the real problem here. And should be changed if they want this show around for a few more years.
    I do feel J-Lo, was good with the group, she showed compassion to them, gave good advice and also made them feel at home. I will say she was good and a hell of alot better singing on AI then Diana Ross.
    Shelly

51. shelly Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 8:20 am

Shelly

52. MJS Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 8:35 am

It is about time – Sanjaya, I hope you will be voted to be the American Idol.
    I am sick and tired of the media and their portrayal of other Hyphenated-Americans.

With the ugly women trying to show off their bodies and all…what is happening to the culture? Paula Abdul and other judges are interested in commenting about the contestants’ bodies WT.?

Dolittle is indeed a good singer and if this were only a singing competition, she would be a clear winner. But the show producers are making the women dress horribly. Why do we and our impressionable young children need to see skin in a Singing show?

I am hoping that Sanjaya will win because, IMHO, the new American pop music sucks! The so called latest artists are emotional and mental wrecks!! They are more interested in glitz and glamour. I honestly feel that they have serious mental issues that need to be resolved. As somebody rightly pointed out, the Studio’s Magic is what keeping most of the new artists on the charts.
    I hope that Sanjaya will be influenced by his partly “Indian” upbringing and values thereof. I hope that we will continue to see and hear from a decent human being – Sanjaya – no matter if he is the American Idol or not.

God bless Sanjaya.

53. Sanjaya sucks Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 10:15 am

I hope Sanjaya and all his suckiness will be vote off next week. Time for him to go home. I like Melina and Blake the most though and I do hope Blake wins the whole thing. He is very original and fresh.

54. Don Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 10:49 am

Go Melinda, Lakisha, and Jordin. You continue to put integrity in this competition even when the rest are sub par. This IS a singing competition and you three best represent that. Nobody knows how marketable you three will be until after one of you wins. This show isn’t about beat boxing and dancing (i.e. Blake), nor is it about trying to mimic other pop stars (i.e. Chris being a broke down Justin Timberlake). It’s about live singing, something music use to be about before the big boy and girl band craze. We need to bring real live singing back like Melinda, Lakisha, and Jordin do best. They just get up on that stage and they sing the hell out of those songs. I know that’s what I miss. I have no comments for the bald guy and Sanjaya.

55. IdolFan31 Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 11:56 am

I am so glad that Haley is finally gone.

In response to a previous comment, Chris Richardson isn’t trying to be like Justin Timberlake. He stated that it was cool that people were comparing him to JT but he has his own style and own way of performing. I think Blake and Chris would be most successful from this season in the end. I mean, Melinda has a great voice and she seems like such a nice person but i just don’t see her being sucessful after the show ends and I feel the same way about Lakisha. Sanjaya wasn’t really that bad two nights ago but looking at all of the weeks before, i don’t think it’s fair that he is still in the competition. I’m not the biggest Chris fan but I felt sorry for him that he was in the bottom three when he was one of the best performer’s on Tuesday night. Jordan is also very talented but I can never remember what her performance was like. Next week will be interesting since it’s Country week and I just hope the right people end up being in the bottom three.

56. Ted Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 12:23 pm

Well, some of you are pretty obviously young and deluded. Despite all of your cries that only the new/fresh/crisp/novel/unusual sounds of someone like Chris or Blake will be the most successful, I think you really don’t get it. First, Chris is just a flash in the pan. Although he has the TimberFake deal down (whether he thinks he has his own style or not, he mimics JT a *LOT*), he doesn’t have enough talent on his own to survive. His weak upper range and very nasally sounds will wear thin after a relatively short time. He doesn’t have his own personal style and people will outgrow him and his lack of good honest singing.

I do agree that Blake has potential to be very marketable, but that’s because of the whole package not a stellar voice. His voice is good but not great (compare his voice to some of the men from previous AI’s and there are a good dozen or so with significantly better voices). But, he’ll do okay.

But for those of you who think that Melinda, Lakisha and/or Jordin are boring and won’t sell records, I need to remind you that Tony Bennett, the recent guest mentor still recently had an album go platinum (his Duets album). Despite the fact that the 20 somethings all think that they own the music market, they don’t. They don’t have nearly the disposable income as the 30-49 year old market does and that group will drop money. If you look, there are a lot of great singers that sing older styles and music that sell a lot of records (check out numbers for singers like Streisand, Midler, N Diamond, D Ross, etc). There is a market and with her pipes, Melinda will sell. Lakisha may or may not, but Melinda will sell.

And Jordin is just coming into her own. At 17, she’s off to a great start and she’s got the voice to really turn into something great. She’s young, but as she develops both vocally and emotionally, she’ll turn into a great performer. She just needs to find herself before she can really sell herself.

57. Anonymous Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 1:23 pm

I am glad to see Haley gone, finally. I think Melinda and Lakisha have become very boring, they aren’t going to get any better, Jordan has a better voice and more energy. Lakisha belongs in a church choir. I do think Sanjaya will surprise everyone in the end. I think the final 2 will be Sanjaya and Blake, with Blake as numbver one, he is original and has a great voice and stage presence.

58. robin Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 1:29 pm

59. Ted Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 1:48 pm

The data trends from the previous several weeks of the finals don’t seem to support the belief that some of you have that Blake will win. Melinda, Lakisha and Jordin have consistently been in the top-3 voter favorites. If any of the three of them gets voted off, then the bulk of the support for that person will go to the others. Chris R and Blake have the same dynamic, but they have consistently been in the middle to bottom of the pack. Blake has twice (out of five weeks) been in the top-3, but not consistently like the divas have been. There are more people voting for the divas in general than for the hip, contemporary guys and so although I can see Blake getting up to the top-3 (especially once Chris gets KO’ed, he’ll acquire a lot of Chris’ votes), I don’t think there is enough support to beat the huge volume voting for the divas.

Sanjaya has his own demographic that supports him, but his demographic is not divided and hence is less likely to grow from competitors being eliminated since very few people voting for the others are likely to swing to support Sanjaya. There will be some, but not enough (IMHO). I think the likely pattern of elimination is:

7. Phil
    6. Chris R
    5. Sanjaya
    4. Lakisha
    3. Jordin
    2. Blake
    1. Melinda

Although I can certainly see some variance in the top 3 positions I think the 4-7 positions are much more likely if people continue to vote along the same patterns.

60. Sweatband man Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 2:58 pm

That picture of Haley is horrid. Melinda and Lakisha are boring sure they can sing but can they do anything else. Sanjaya is no where near the singer but he keeps it interesting but i would not pay to hear him sing or fix his hair. I will be taking these things up with Conan.

61. Haleys time is finally up Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 3:59 pm

First I have to say Thank you America to listen to the people that were the worst and getting them in the bottom 2. Yeah this was Haley’s best week, but I still do not think she should have stayed over Blake or Lakisha, if it was up to them to go home. I was very happy that Phil was safe because he deserves another week. I am happy Sanjaya was not in the bottom because he was actually good.

62. Krzysztof Kieslowski Says:
    April 12th, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Haley said she’s hurt but she chooses to dress up like a nappy headed ‘ho! Yah..sure..ok!

63. Don Says:
    April 13th, 2007 at 2:00 pm

Ok so as I see it The top four will be Melinda, Jordin, Lakisha, and maybe Blake. These four have never been in the bottom three ever. The three females have been the favorites every week in fact. Honestly, though, does anybody think Blake will stand out if he had to go up against Lakisha, Jordin, or Melinda? I mean, they would seriously embarass him into just quitting the show outright.

64. sidz Says:
    April 19th, 2007 at 5:17 pm

y r all ov u ppl so against sanjaya..huh..should i call racism or wht..?…he’s so versatile n entertainin..n plus hes a sweet guy..whts wrong wid all ov u

65. Anonymous Says: