April 16, 2007 12:51 AM by Joe Blackmon

Tango_turtleBy now, everyone who watched the I Love New York reunion is buzzing
about how Tango broke off his engagement with New York.  The main
reason that Tango gave for breaking up with New York was that he was
upset over watching the show and seeing how New York disrespected his
mother.

Tango said “I sat back and watched New York disrespect me, and I watched New York disrespect my mother, and that can’t fly.  Ain’t no engagement for me.  It’s over.”  As Tango walked off stage, he screamed back comments like “I mean nobody disrespects my family ever,” and “You want to disrespect my mother, I don’t play that.”

Watching the reunion, viewers would be lead to believe that this was the first time that Tango addressed the issue of the mother insults with New York.  In fact, when Tango initially brought up the comments about his mother, New York’s reaction was to ask “What you talking about?”

However, an interview with Tango that appears in an April 2 post on a VH1 blog tells quite a different story.  When Tango was asked about how New York disrespected his mother when their mothers went out to lunch, Tango did say that he thought New York went too far, but he also said “She knows that and she’s apologized for it.”

Not only did New York apologize for the way she acted, but Tango specifically mentions that she apologized for the comments that he found out about after the show aired.  The VH1 Blog quotes Tango as saying “I was appalled and disgusted by the comments New York and her mother made during the show that I only found out about after, when it aired. But she apologized for that, too. People make mistakes, so I’m cool with that.”  Tango also went on to add “Plus, when I was a kid, she [his mother] always taught me about sticks and stones, so that situation was reversed: if someone says something about you, big deal. Especially if it’s not true.”

So basically Tango went from having forgiven New York for the mother insults in an interview a couple weeks ago to breaking up with her over it on national TV.  Did Tango lie in the interview about having forgiven New York?  Did he really not believe the lesson that his mom taught him about sticks and stones?  Or did Tango break up with New York for other reasons and just used the mother insults as a convenient excuse?   Conspiracy theorist might suggest that Tango and New York had to break up if VH1 ever plans to do an I Love New York 2.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for I Love
New York
news.  For
other great I Love New York News news, please also check out SirLinksALot: I Love New
York

Topics: I Love New York |

70 Responses to “I Love New York Controversy – Tango’s Reason For Breaking Off Engagement Contradicts Earlier Interview”

1. angela D Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 7:21 am

Tango had every right to feel disrespected.NY dissed his mom on national television while he just fought for her. It was messed up, but this is TV. how can you think you will find real love when everyone is just putting on a show for tv/?

2. ML Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 7:57 am

Why is this woman/thing even still around? Drag bars in New York are missing one of their queens……

3. Anonymous Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 9:11 am

So what, Tango is a grown man and when is someone going to be the bigger person. He was a bitchy ass little boy when he got there and when he left. That was silly and stupid and he looked like a fool. I’m not saying he should stay with her if he was that hurt but his exit was just sooooo immature.

4. WesleyG Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 9:30 am

It was never a real situation/romance to begin with. It’s scripted TV posing as a reality series.

5. Anonymous Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 11:04 am

I think Tango is to good for New York anyway she should have pick that low life chance. She has no morals and neither do that thug, chance.The both of them would have been good for each other.

6. Anonymous Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 11:07 am

7. Anonymous Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 11:09 am

8. The Bougie Broad Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 3:01 pm

I think the problem is that people really believe this whole show and “proposal” were real. Tango basically can’t keep his story straight. One minute he forgives her and then the next minute he is going off on her on national TV. Hmmm….

9. smith son productions Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 4:16 pm

I’m sad to admit that I fell for this show initially believing it to be real. However, after last night, it was so obvious that everyone on there was acting. There were some good actors and some seriously horrible actors. Sis. Patterson has been acting the entire show. You can tell because she sounds very rehearsed. When I started to think back to the inconsistencies, I felt like an idiot for not noticing it was fake a lot earlier. Oh well, you live and learn.

10. kita Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 4:57 pm

I think that tango was on the show just to promote his career its funny how the entire show tango conviently forgot to mention that he was pursuing a rap career and he even went as far as to talk about chance and real for wearing their stallionaire t shirts when he was a rap artist too. At least chance and real was man enough to let NY know about them. Tango was a big fake and he used ny’s show to get more exposure he wasnt concerned with her talkin about his mom cause he knew how NY was and he shouldnt have expected her to respect his mother when she didnt even respect herself so if he wanted a woman that was gonna respect his mother y did he pursue a woman like ny? personally i feel that this was just a set up for an i love ny pt 2, but if it wasnt i feel extremely bad for NY since she was hurt by flav twice and now by tango. The girl just need to quit.

11. kim Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 5:25 pm

I Think the whole show was a host’
    i really don’t know what to say
    it’s all crap to me. you people need
    to get a life and stop watching this
    bs they puts on tv.

12. Mike C Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 5:36 pm

Listen childin’!! We all love New York rather she’s crying,whooping it up, rudifying everyone, or just being New York. She’s a true star. Tango was a match made in a dimestore heaven. It never would have worked. Nor with Chance who’s blase attitude stunk.
    Who is the real New York/Tiffany?
    And her Mother is so nasty and over the top.
    New York will find love. And there will be many more installments and users for her to wade through.
    Stop hatin’ on our NEW YORK!

13. Mike C Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Who is the real New York/Tiffany?
    And her Mother is so nasty and over the top.
    Stop hatin’ on our NEW YORK!

14. dorian Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 6:12 pm

Hey angela D U BITCH DONT TALK ABOUT NEW YORK LIKE THAT OKAY BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH TANGO WAS RIGHT FOR HIS FEELINGS HE WAS WRONG FOR THE WAY HE HANDLED IT IT WAS VERY LOW CLASS AND IMMATURE WITH HIS 2 INCH DICK

15. TG Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Tango is the ugliest lamest thing ever and he just made himself look like an ass on tv.

16. SD Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 10:01 pm

I see we have a couple on here that actually think that this show iz real…so sad.

17. blklawgurl Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 10:17 pm

New York,

Go get your man gurl. Take a CHANCE on love!

Peace!

18. Anonymous Says:
    April 16th, 2007 at 10:29 pm

New York is a bitch and deserves no lovin’ from no man.

19. Renee Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

LOL….I think that show was HILARIOUS!!!I LOVE WHEN THAT T-MONEY GUY IN THE BACK IMMITATED CHANCE!!!!LMAO OMG!!! CHANCE IS RETARDED! I LOVE TANGO!! HE DID ACT STUPID THOUGH, BUT HE IS TOO GOOD FOR NEW YORK….SHE IS NASTY! AND SHE TOTALLY DISRESPECTED HIM…..AND THE RING COMMENT WAS JACKED!! LOL
    TOO FUNNY!

20. kimara Says:
    April 17th, 2007 at 8:42 pm

what i think he got on tv and did to get money for his cd if he is a raper he got on tv to make himslef look good and he know it the show he put on he say he love her and you see what he did at the end that tall you he was not real to her but chance did love her he told her about what her mother did to her about the money and he want afther her all t did w3as stand there all the ather’s looked At him like men you know chance going get her and you know that

21. bc Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 12:46 pm

this show was completly fake although Tango is sooooo fine. I think he was the finest brother on that show.

22. phalisha king Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 12:48 pm

how do u go about gettin on a reality tv show? or know when the newest will coe out.

23. treal Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 2:00 pm

I think Miss New York needs to take a look in the mirror she’s she looked a mess on the show sunday with that dress on and her additional chest that she she just purchased, Tango should have hurt her because she DOGGED out his mother and Him why should he tell the interview people what he was planning on doing she needed that wake up call.

24. lela Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 4:45 pm

I am glad Tango broke up with New York for whatever reason. New York needs to sit her ugly but down somewhere. Her mother is fake and loking at the out takes it was probaly her that ran up on peaches. The way she acted on flavor of love is not the way a Christrian woman acts. She said she should have chose Chance, yeah she should have because two people like that deserve eachother. They don’t care about anyone but themselves.

25. fghafgaha Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 4:50 pm

people, people, people, reality tv is made up and produced. this show received huge ratings. so y not create a situation and so there could be another season. the editing was bad it was for show! besides who would accept a marriage proposal or propose to someone you don’t even know!!!

26. keyona Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 4:53 pm

tango looks good and chance was areal punk. tango knew he was going to get it poppin. and he knew he was a better man for new york. so tango do your thing.HOLLA.

27. dumbshow Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 6:18 pm

it was clear that the show was staged way before this situation, but if you didn’t figure it out when New York put the ring in her mouth, you’re dumb. it was so obvious that the whole thing was staged, she made it totally obvious that she had a ring in her mouth. are you kidding me?

28. Drena Says:
    April 18th, 2007 at 7:35 pm

I knew it was coming when I watched the show I said to my friend when Tango see that if she pick him he going to let her ass go. All yall talken bout how wrong he was and how he should have handled it in other ways. But all yall know that New York sorry ass would have done the same damn thing to him. I don’t care how fake you think the show is you must admit it was GREAT tv. I love Tango I think that he is great and was way to good for Ms Tiff. She is a first class bitch. hope he finds love. He can come and find it here.

29. Bette Says:
    April 19th, 2007 at 1:15 am

dissed
    he going to let her ass go
    But all yall know
    areal
    Christrian
    neither do that thug
    probaly
    what i think he got on tv and did to get money for his cd
    ather’s
    gurl

………..doesn’t anybody in America know how to spell or use correct grammar and punctuation anymore????

30. mrs.Tango Says:
    April 19th, 2007 at 10:01 am

newyork is a hot mess stank nasty ass hoes she needs to take time out and love herself or the bitch will a ho to remember

31. Marie aka Ree Says:
    April 19th, 2007 at 2:02 pm

I think that Tango was right because no one deserves to be disrespected. I also think that Tango is a fine brother that deseves a woman that is going to crown him “King” and not take over the relationship. A tough woman is ok..but when it comes to your man you should let him be just that…THE MAN. Although, New York is torn from the break-up…I think she needs to keep going, but back up a little and take it slow because real love is out there.

32. Don Mega Says:
    April 19th, 2007 at 2:57 pm

He didn’t want to give away the ending of the Reunion Show, so he lied. I don’t know about anyone else, but I wouldn’t have been as surprised about the breakup if Tango would’ve let the cat out the bag.

33. sherry Says:
    April 19th, 2007 at 3:59 pm

i wanna know is tango really an upcoming rapper and did new oyrk know that?

34. Andrea Says:
    April 19th, 2007 at 10:43 pm

I love New York, Tango and Chance… The show being real or not lol

35. Darlene Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 6:02 pm

Hey!!! Check out mediatakeout.com, it is told that Tango has a girlfriend already who called mediatakeout and let them know that Tango and her were laughing New York naked pics and text messages to Tango. Yeah, you are correct, Tango came on the show to promote his cd and knew from the start that he is not going to marry New York. All that puttin on was just a publicity stunt to get recognize even more

36. Monikue Says:
    April 26th, 2007 at 11:14 am

I’m glad things turned out the way they did for her ass becuas she is a mess. Her and her mother are TV’s worst nightmare. As far as the whole Tango thing…who cares. the show was odne last year and we are just seeing it so maybe he has forgave her or not. Bottom line she does not need a man she needs therapy !!!!

37. jewel Says:
    April 29th, 2007 at 3:36 am

I think that Tango was too good for New York. Tango showed you the kind of man he was on the finale.
    While Chance was shopping for himself, spending money for suits and massages and the such, Tango used his allowance to buy New york a ring. He was somewhat Niave, but I am glad he finally came to his senses. It would never had worked out. I also think New york was relieved when he broke up with her. Did you see
    the look on her face when they were hugging right after the proposal? It was obvious she did not want to get married. I dont know why any man would want someone that had to have sex with each of the men she felt she was interested in. She also disrespected Tango when she told the world in the tv show and in a magazine interview that he only had a 2 inch dick. If I was a man, I would never speak to her again for that.

38. Ricky Says:
    April 29th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

I think Chance and Real are FINE!!!!!!! NewYork should have seen through Tango the beginning of the show that he is nothing but a lying and fake person… New York was right about his mother though…

39. Ricky Says:
    April 29th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

40. jewel Says:
    April 29th, 2007 at 11:35 pm

New york got rid of Onyx because she felt he disrespected her mother, why shouldn’t she pay the price for dissing Tangos mother.
    She disted his mother on the air with 5 million people watching, why shouldnt Tango wait until the reunion to do the same thing to her. What goes around, come around. And by the way, I totally agreed with Onyx.

41. Anonymous Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 3:01 am

TANGO IS FINE AS HELLLL

42. sheena dixon Says:
    May 3rd, 2007 at 1:43 am

i think tango should give ny a chance,it was just a show and he said he was there to know the real t. amean things was said but look at the bright side she choose you tango because you was the most humble and mature one there.

43. Jane G Says:
    May 3rd, 2007 at 1:38 pm

I understand New Yorks need to find love. Twice she was rejected
    by Flava Flav and she was badly hurt. Unfortunately, New York has some serious anger issues and I firmly believe she needs counseling before she starts “I Love NY 2″ because she’s setting herself up for heartbreak all over again. Tiffany needs to get to the root of her anger and find out where it’s coming from so she can do something about it. Until she lets go of her anger and learns to love herself, she will never learn what it’s like to genuinely, unselfishly and wholeheartedly love another person.

44. Mariaaa Foo. Says:
    May 7th, 2007 at 2:26 pm

New York is the dopest person ever, she didn’t deserve what she got from Tango. Hes ugly and looks like a ninja turtle. hahahaa ohh and Chance is hot. They wouldve been good. And i think this website is pretty gay and im only on here because im bored at school suckaaaaaas.
    :D Yeahhhhhh sonnnn

45. Kidi5 @K@ Li'l K3K3 Says:
    May 7th, 2007 at 3:39 pm

TANGO LUKS HELLA BOMB HE IS TO GUD FO DAT NASTY HOE AND HELL NAW CHANCE DONT MAKE A GUD COUPLE WIT NEWYORK!!!!!!

46. me-me Says:
    May 10th, 2007 at 7:27 pm

WHO EVA DONT LIKE NEW YORK IS JUST BEING A HATER. SHE IS PRETTY, AND CLASSY AND IM REALLY FEELIN HER STLYE. SHE GOT ALOT OF HATAS OUT THERE AND YALL NEED TO MOVE AROUND AND HOP OFF HER JOC. TANGO IS SO UGLY ITS RIDICULOUS. HE DO LOOK LIKE A NINJA TURTLE. AND NEW YORK IS TOO GOOD FOR HIM ANYWAYS.SO NEW YORK KEEP DOING YOU AND YOU NEED TO GO WITH CHANCE SEXXC SELF CAUSE HE SEEM LIKE HEZ THE ONE FOR YOU.I LOVE YOU TIFFANY!!!

47. tay-tay Says:
    May 11th, 2007 at 11:51 pm

(tango) u r so damn fine 2 me but chance look better sorry!!!!!!!lol

48. janaeveya Says:
    May 12th, 2007 at 9:48 am

hi tango so hot cute so oh oh crap
    new york freak ass new prermire so
    new york new 2 season new find new vote I love new york 2 so
    so sure see it love it chance so “Hot ……

49. janaeveya Says:
    May 12th, 2007 at 9:48 am

hi tango so hot cute so oh oh crap
    new york freak ass new prermire so
    new york new 2 season new find new vote I love new york 2 so
    so sure see it love it chance so “Hot ……

50. janaeveya Says:
    May 12th, 2007 at 9:48 am

hi tango so hot cute so oh oh crap
    new york freak ass new prermire so
    new york new 2 season new find new vote I love new york 2 so
    so sure see it love it chance so “Hot ……

51. janaeveya Says:
    May 13th, 2007 at 8:35 am

hi tay-tay what up say noting was
    not good for her new york say swk
    hell what is weird not wow not suprise so ha cha cha pick vote
    so not say noting call me tango
    say hell say crap like grr so blah balh like me now saw her tango face like me hot me kiss me my god hot strong

52. Penny Says:
    May 14th, 2007 at 7:24 pm

I have Watched Flavor of Love and I love New York and I really believe that people see how you can have instant fame just from make a fool of themself and they are not really being themselves they just want to make sure they stand out enough before they get cut. Look at Heat and Mr. Boston neither one of them to me look all that hot but they have instant fame and it goes on and on and on and on. Look at Goldie from Flavor of love she is about to go on tour with Mo’Nique. you tell me what you think. (UMMM)Don’t get me wroung I like Goldie that’s my girl i just using her as an example. I really enjoy these shows they are funny to me. I just hope that New York really is not trying to find real love on a reality show because it would be a blessing from God if she found someone true to heart.
    GOOD LUCK NEW YORK
    YOU WILD BUT I LOVE YA

53. Anonymous Says:
    May 15th, 2007 at 6:51 am

new york is a fake ugly bitch i dont even know why guys line up to date her they just want to be on tv new york i hope u never find a man cause u dont deserve one not even a dog im glad tango was the only man to stand up to u and put u in your place. and you and ur momma needs to be put into a mental institution

54. sexy konique Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 3:54 pm

i agree with tango she picked him not off of love go honey email me
    sexy_meri@hotmail.com

55. wanda Says:
    June 9th, 2007 at 3:58 pm

hey yall go to http://www.truveo.com in the search click charm school scroll until.new york vs.miss jones. she on live radio lying her ass off thatbitch aint never graduated never finshed school and the radio lady called a lying bitch .it 12 minutes long she lying her ass off. go there please

56. TONYA C Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 8:58 am

Ok i have a couple things to say first i love chance. now on to whether it was scripted of course it was but it made for good entertainment i must say i was amused. lastly there is such a thing called freedom of speech

57. tonya c Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 8:59 am

and to mike c who commented down there about angela just as you posted your lame ass opinion you fukkin moron she posted hers dont mean there are right or wrong and teh fact that you getting mad over a drag queen wit a bad 2 dollar hair weave shows just how pathetic you really are.

58. tonya Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 9:04 am

59. tonyarae Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 9:12 am

your gay mike c

60. tonyarae Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 9:13 am

talking bout the size of a mans dick yup your gay mike

61. tonya c Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 9:14 am

no wonder u like ny a drag queen for a drag queen

62. Anonymous Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 9:15 am

Posted by: wanda | June 09, 2007 at 03:58 PM

wth my name aint wanda and i posted this june 30 not june 9

63. Anonymous Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 3:08 pm

HI NY I LUV U ,U ROK

64. stewart Says:
    September 17th, 2007 at 6:50 am

Hello everyone! Look like we are getting ready for another dose of I LOVE NEW YORK! Season 2 is set to air on Oct 8th 2007! I found one of the guys myspace page who will appear on the show. His name is “Pretty”… http://www.myspace.com/prettyfromilovenewyork2

65. mary morales Says:
    October 2nd, 2007 at 11:09 pm

get real its all fake.

66. mary morales Says:
    October 2nd, 2007 at 11:32 pm

Is it Miss NewYork is it Tiffany Or is it her real name? Thats right her real name is Kenya Simmons Of Newark Newjersy.And her so called mom is really Leslie Bibbs oh & not only of no relation to Simmons but they once stood in the same cattle call line for B.e.t reality show.If thats not amazing then get this.Leslie Bibbs & Kenya Simmons are only 5 years apart.

67. velvet Says:
    October 3rd, 2007 at 6:58 pm

i give tango his respected because she did not have to say that that man was good for her and she did not know how to handle it much respected keep standing up for what you belive in.

68. MELISSA Says:
    October 19th, 2007 at 8:28 am

I love Tango..!!
    papi estas bien bueno..!!
    si te doy tra tra estas bien bueno que bueno que te quedaste con el amor de New York Hermosoo
    I love you baby

69. cera Says:
    October 30th, 2007 at 1:11 pm

look yall……ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WIT NEW YORK DEN DEY CAN SHUV IT…….SO SHE HAD A BAD LOVE LYF WIT FLAVA FLAVE 2 TYMZ DAT AINT RITE EVEN DOE I GOTZ MA RESPECT FOR DAT DUDE N DEN DAT UGLY TANGO CUMM ALONG WIN DEN BRAKE NEW YORKZZ HART ON TV HEKKK NAW ID KILL HIM N DAT AINT NO JOKE SO IF YALL LOVE TANGO SO MUCH GO LICK HIZ 2 INCHER K

70. cera Says:
    October 30th, 2007 at 1:44 pm

la mirada ……ANYBODY CONSIGUIO UN PROBLEMA CON NUEVA YORK ENTONCES ELLOS LO PUEDEN EMPUJAR. ……SHE TUVO UNA VIDA MALA del AMOR CON el SABOR FLAVE DOS VECES QUE ES NO RITO AUNQUE TENGAN el RESPETO PARA ESE TIPO Y ENTONCES ESE TANGO FEO VIENE las VICTORIAS ENTONCES FRENAN CORAZON de NUEVA YORK EN la TELEVISION DEMONIO NO yo LO MATARIA Y ESO ES NO UN CHISTE TAN SI USTED ADORA TANGO TANTO VA el LAMIDO DOS INCHER BUENO

Comments