April 20, 2007 07:45 AM by Joe Blackmon

Before this season of American Idol even started airing, rumors were
circulating in the media that Paul McCartney would be a guest star on
American Idol 6.  However, American Idol producer Ken Warwick
eventually denied that Paul McCartney would appear on the show.

In a recent conference call with media, Warwick elaborated on exactly why Paul McCartney will not appear on American Idol.  Warwick explained “I’d love to have Paul McCartney as a mentor, yes, absolutely.  The problem is I think he early on, I think in the English show, and I don’t know whether this is true or not.  This is what I’ve heard, he kind of took exception to Simon’s acid comments about the contestants.  You know he’s a nice guy and he didn’t like Simon saying ‘You’re horrible.  You’re the worst I’ve ever heard.  You shouldn’t be singing,’ or whatever he says.  And so the chances of Paul coming on the show were pretty slim.”

Last season, American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe denied that Prince would be appearing on the show because he did not want to talk to the kids and did not have the time.  Of course, Prince did appear on the American Idol 5 finale, but he didn’t have to mentor the kids.  Perhaps, American Idol producers should ask Paul McCartney if he will appear if Simon Cowell promises not to be mean for the entire night.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

10 Responses to “American Idol Producer Suggests Paul McCartney Won’t Do Idol Because Of Simon Cowell”

1. Anonymous Says:
    April 20th, 2007 at 10:39 am

Good for Paul!! Simon’s an ass!!!

2. Amberla Says:
    April 20th, 2007 at 11:27 am

Another reason I loooove Paul. Yes! I’m so glad to hear he feels the same way I do!!!

3. Jennifer Says:
    April 20th, 2007 at 12:32 pm

and I thought Paul McCartney was just a pretty face. Apparently, he’s got a heart as well. How does Simon Cowel live without one? (a heart I mean:-D)

4. Anonymous Says:
    April 20th, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Well, I’m glad Paul has some class. I think there is a difference between bashing and giving a negative constructive feedback. Simon bashes.

5. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    April 20th, 2007 at 2:51 pm

That would be a funny show to watch. Simon being nice for a whole hour, I think it would physically hurt him. :D

6. cobbi Says:
    April 20th, 2007 at 9:56 pm

The truth is that Mr. Cowell is an honest judge. What was lacking with Mr. Cowell is that he’s not graceful enough with some of the least talented contestant of AI. He should be graceful enough to tell the truth without being too negative to some of them.

7. Anonymous Says:
    April 21st, 2007 at 5:58 pm

^^^a.k.a. he needs to stop bashing and give constructive feedback.

8. Jo-Ann Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 5:16 pm

That’s so Paul…and he would make such a great mentor to the contestants. It’s a shame and a waste. I hope a little kindness rubs off on Simon and he learns to be constructive without the harshness.

9. Anonymous Says: