The Apprentice Winner Is Stefani Schaeffer

April 22, 2007 10:11 PM by Joe Blackmon

Stefani_schaefferThe Apprentice Los Angles finale aired live from the Hollywood Bowl.
Donald Trump entered to fireworks and a cheering crowd.  After a recap
of the season to date, Trump called out the four remaining candidates:
Frank, James, Nicole, and Stefani.

The commercials that the candidates created for Renuzit for the final task were shown again.  Trump asked some of the eliminated contestants who they would pick.  Tim of course said that he would pick Nicole and pointed out that she stepped up to be project manager early in the process.  Aaron endorsed James because of his technology background.

Trump revealed that the two job choices for the apprentice would be overseeing a luxury resort construction project in the Caribbean or overseeing the construction of Trump Towers Atlanta.  When Trump asked each candidate which job they would select, Stefani chose the Caribbean, James chose Atlanta, Nicole chose the Caribbean, and Frank chose Atlanta.

Ivanka Trump told Frank & Nicole that she wasn’t impressed with their commercial.  Don Trump, Jr. said he felt Frank & Nicole made a weak decision in who they picked to help them on the final task.  Trump told Frank, “You hired Surya, who didn’t like you.  He wanted nothing to do with you.  I disagreed with that choice very, very strongly.  Not because of him, he’s fine, but because you didn’t get along.  Your mini-movie wasn’t good, you almost got fired in the first week, but I do love your drive.  I love lots of things about you, but there are certain liabilities.  Frank, you’re fired.”  Trump told Nicole, “I’m a believer in romance, but I’m not a believer in inter-office romance.  You love Tim, you like Tim, I think that’s wonderful, but you know what, I want you to love me more, it’s important, because I’ve got to be the boss.  I didn’t like your mini-movie, it didn’t have it.  Nicole, you’re fired.”

During the last boardroom, Stefani insisted that she was the glue that held their team together, and James insisted he was a leader while Stefani was the behind the scenes person.  Heidi and Kristine both endorsed Stefani.  Frank complimented both James and Stefani and told Trump he was on his own.  Surya told Trump that there was a young man by the name of Sanjaya that was looking for a job and he should hire him.

Trump told Stefani that he was a little concerned about her going under the radar.  However, Trump told James, “James, you’re terrific in every respect.  You’re totally creative, I love creative people, but there were certain things and certain dialogue that you gave during the course and you know what I’m talking about, that bothered me very much.  You’re an outstanding guy.  I really think you’re going to be a big success, but for now, James, you’re fired.  Stefani, you’re hired.”  Stefani Schaeffer was selected as the sixth apprentice.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for The Apprentice
news.  For other great The Apprentice news, please also check out SirLinksALot: The
Apprentice

Topics: The Apprentice |

27 Responses to “The Apprentice Winner Is Stefani Schaeffer”

1. Martinus Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:29 pm

You liar. James WON! Stefani wansn’t even in the top two.

2. Debra Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:32 pm

I won my vote. I loved Stephanie as well as Stephanie and James as a team. I don’t understand what James did and said that Donald was not happy about? Debra

3. Daisy Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Yeah

I liked Stefani — she is a strong woman and speaks well. I dont understand what James said that was so bad or offended “the Donald”

4. Richman Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:37 pm

Yeah, I can’t figure out what the Donald was talking about either about James. I think either of these two could have won this and if James was Ivy league schooled he would have won it.

5. tony Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:40 pm

james would have be hired if there weren’t that much male apprentices, four male and just one female, i think he made his decision based on that an also because the other 3 candidates were just so annoying when speaking, james’ voice was. But Stefani’s win it’s OK for me although i think many people would hate her winning over James.

6. Sally Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:44 pm

I was truely shocked James didn’t win! He looked like a leader to me, not Stefani although I do admire her as well. I don’t think Trump likes to work with an Asian guy… is that it? And what dialogues was he talking about? Did they get edited out so we didn’t see them? If anybody knows what they are, let us know!!!

7. Highlander Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:56 pm

Go Stefani!!! You rock!!!

8. Matt-Dog Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 10:56 pm

I Think That James was fired because he focused on too much little details and not seeing the big picture. If you remember last week for example, James took too many takes on certain scenes which prevented him and Stefani from shooting more scenes for their commercial.

I strongly feel that Donald Trump made the right choice in hiring Stefani, even though she never had a chance to be project manager. She will do very well in the Trump Orginization. Congratulations Stefani!

9. jamal Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 11:06 pm

Somebody explain what donald meant about James…this didn’t make sense without that info.

10. smith Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 11:09 pm

to “the trump”,

i would like to bang ivanka so hard doggystyle right in front of you while you listen to her scream and moan

11. jim Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 11:19 pm

James was a flawed but strong leader, Stefani was a stellar background person. Are we hiring someone to be a corporate grunt, or someone to really be an apprentice? If we want tomeone who can just be a cog in the machine, Stefani is a fine choice. If Trump really wanted a Trump-like leader who could go big, it would have been James. I feel as if this win sort of contradicts the point of the show…not that it needed this to jump the shark.

12. Deek Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 11:43 pm

Its a reality show. Stephanie played well…kept herself under the radar for the whole interview process. As for project manager or leadership opportunities….no one gives opportunities. Leaders take initiatives and get opportunities themselves. Stephanie is definitely NOT a leader. She knows how to play a reality TV show. In long term…she can not be succesful in corporate world which is not a show but real life.

13. jim Says:
    April 22nd, 2007 at 11:55 pm

Trump would have selected James as the Apprentice if the VT tragedy did not happen. The explanation from the Donald for not hiring James wasn’t clear either. I am a bit surprised that Stephanie won. Based on the record and performance, James should’ve been a winner but Stephanie wasn’t a bad choice either.

14. sb Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 12:21 am

I think Mr Trump was looking for a smart bride for his son rather than a apprentice – nothing else explains why James was not chosen.

15. Mark Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:18 am

James deserved to win, but I’m okay with Stefani winning. However, what kind of stupid reasoning was that for Heidi and Kristine to pick Stefani?! Pick Stefani because she’s a woman? I’m sure James has faced a lot more discrimination in his life than any of the three of the afore-mentioned women, all of whom I’m sure have gotten a lot of mileage off their looks.

16. joe Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:49 am

As other posters have mentioned, I too am curious as to what exactly were these “certain things” that bothered Trump so much.

I think Stefani would mesh well in the Trump organization. She reminds me of an understated Carolyn Kepcher.

I do agree that the show kind of contradicts itself by hiring the “safe” candidate who would be a good worker for Trump instead of the strong leader and risk-taker who would be a true “apprentice” to the Donald.

The show should no longer be called “The Apprentice”. It should be called “Long-winded Hiring Process.”

And without the abrupt firings and pulsating hyper intense music, the show is just one long commercial advertisement.

Stefani stood out by NOT standing out: never having to fight for her life in the board room and never being a project manager. How someone who was never a PM over a 13 week period getting hired as a super PM to handle THE biggest project to date seems just a bit illogical. Then again, everything is arbitrary in Donald’s world.

17. Jeff Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 2:04 am

What didn’t show on the show is that Jame has a company name “Zoodango”. What I heard that he kind of use the Apprentice to advertise his company.
    This might upset Mr Trump. If he is, it means that he’s in the show for the wrong reason. Mr Trump probably doubt that his willingness to leave his company for the new Job because it’s going to be a totally a different world for him.

Anyway, I thought James would have won, too. I thought if Mr Trump want to add different values and aspect to his organization, Jame should be the one. I didn’t think Stephanie deserves to win because she didn’t step up and fight.

It would be more interesting to watch if James didn’t partner with her on the last task.

18. MY in California Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 3:48 am

I suppose if Trump wants a great subordinate, then Stefani makes sense. James is better off running his company, rather than working for an ego-maniac like Trump. As for shows jumping the shark, this one clearly did when Ivanka and Donnie Jr. joined the “boardroom”. Nepotism is expected in a family business, but this is ridiculous.

19. Soulie Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:16 am

Remember that having Ivanka and Donald Jr present is more than nepotism — they are both Vice Presidents within the organization. It’s not as if he just pulled in non-involved relatives to replace Carolyn and George.

I think Donald’s concern about James might have been Jame’s passion for his Zoodango business. Remember what he said to Nicole — I want you to love ME more. Donald might have thought that James would not be able to give 100% to Trump because of his own company. Who would start up a company and then plan to turn it over to others to run shortly after startup? James would probably have tried to divide his time, and Donald wants ALL of his Apprentice’s time.

20. ML Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:30 am

I wasn’t sure about Stefani either until they showed her personal profile on last night’s show………….she is definitely heads and tails above James, smart, dynamic and a solid performer…….FINALLY Trump made a good choice!!! Way to go Stefani!!!

21. wiki Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 12:36 pm

” I think Donald’s concern about James might have been Jame’s passion for his Zoodango business.”

This is wrong because none of the formerly hired five apprentices are working 100% of them time for DT.

I doubt DT ever thought of hiring James. He did not even give Stefani a chance to compete against James. If he did and James won, hiring Stefani would make DT more ridiculous. Anyway, his show is over.

22. RealityTVLover Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:46 pm

Anyone else think Stefani had some cosmetic work done? I thought she looked differently last night than she had during the season…

23. Karen Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 3:17 pm

Stephani never got a chance to be PM because of the new rule that the winning PM stayed on as PM. There just wasn’t enough time for everyone to get a chance. She is a bright, articulate, professional woman who deserved the win. I always got the impression she was “babysitting” Nicole, Tim, and Frank, and she was so much more professional than those three. James was probably Trump’s second choice (since Heidi blew it last week). He showed his true colors at that Renuzuit film shoot as being way too detail-oriented to oversee a huge project. Congratulations Stephani!

24. liberianboy Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 9:26 am

DONALD TRUMP SUCKS! WHAT A COMPLETE SHAM THIS SEASON HAS ENDED UP BEING. DONALD STRESSES LEADERSHIP BUT WHEN IT STARES AT HIM IN HIS FACE HE OPTS FOR THE PRETTY FACE. YOU COULD EVEN SEE THE LOOK OF UTTER SHOCK ON THE FACES OF HIS KIDS WHEN HE PICKED STEPHANI OVER JAMES. JAMES DIDNT GET THE JOB, BUT HE SURELY PROVED TO BE THE BEST.

25. The Apprentice has been cancelled as of yesterday!!! YEA! Says:
    May 19th, 2007 at 9:36 am

Well, well, well – it was announced on TV last night that THE APPRENTICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED due to LOW RATINGS THIS SEASON.

What goes around comes back around and bites one in the arse, eh DONALD?

Now it’s time for someone on an ABC show to say to Donald Trump: “NOW, who’s fired?!?!?!”

WAY_2_GO_ROSIE_ODONNELL!!! The truth all comes out in the wash in the end. The View’s ratings for the same time frame were up 15% and The Donald’s (You know, Donald Dump Truck aka Trumpster) Apprentice has SUNK TO IT’S LOWEST!!!

PEOPLE DON’T LIKE TRUMP AND HIS BULLYING SCHOOLYARD-BULLY WAYS AT 61 YEARS OLD!!

KHARMA IS SUCH A GREAT THING! I’M ECSTATIC ABOUT THIS!!

26. Hilary Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 8:53 am

Trump show is an advertisement of his own, the entire show is to show off himself.

He chose pretty face in the end. hahaha, this is Trump.

27. Elveena Says: