Sanjaya Malakar Talks About His Hair

April 23, 2007 07:45 AM by Joe Blackmon

American Idol finalist Sanjaya Malakar’s hairstyles became as much an
anticipated part of American Idol as what the contestants would sing
ever week.  So how much say did Sanjaya have in the hair designs that
captivated America?

According to Sanjaya, “Well with my hair, I always had an idea of what I wanted.  The hair person would help me to execute it.  With the styling of my clothes and stuff, I just wanted to really capture my personality and put it out there.  Then the stylist really helped me with that.  So I did have a lot of help but the ideas were mainly mine.”

Even though American Idol viewers will likely never forget the ponyhawk, Sanjaya revealed that wasn’t actually his favorite hairstyle.  Sanjaya said “My favorite hairstyle was when I sang “Besame Mucho” minus the grease, because I’ve always wanted my hair to be curly like that.  It’s a little bit curly naturally but I mean that’s like my dream hair.  So I really liked it.”

During his farewell song, Sanjaya Malakar changed up the lyrics and sang “Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About other than hair.”  When a member of the press recently asked Sanjaya if this was an expression of frustration over how his hair got more attention than his singing, Sanjaya said “No, because at a certain point that had kind of become my thing, because I think that everyone – like everyone looks for something to grab onto with each contestant.  So I feel like my hair was that for me.  So that was just kind of my little joke back-at-you thing.  I just wanted to put that out there.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol
or SirLinksALot: Sanjaya
Malakar

Topics: American Idol |

12 Responses to “Sanjaya Malakar Talks About His Hair”

1. ML Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:27 am

Once again I ask, why are we still talking about this nobody? He was an embarrassment and his cocky attitude stunk!

2. C Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:52 am

to ML –

Dear, if you do not like Sanjaya … why the hell are you reading articles about him?

Sanjaya is not ‘cocky’, and he has handled this fame and attention wonderfully – not to mention how old he is. He sure makes YOU look immature.

I wish NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS for you Sanjaya! God Bless.

3. C Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:53 am

to ML –

I wish NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS for you Sanjaya! God Bless.

4. Connie Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:54 am

Nobody forces you to read the articles on Sanjaya, maybe you are just looking for something to complain about! His fans love any kind of news about him. Don’t read it if it bothers you. And obviously, he isn’t a “nobody, he sure is Still getting plenty of media coverage and will from now on, so get used to it or climb in a hole somewhere.

5. Sweatband man Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 10:02 am

The boy does have nice hair. and honestly he will go down in Hollywood History not only for his hair but he already has been in the tabloids headlines and talk radio more than any post idol. the video is for grins i have nothing against Sanjaya.

6. Alberto Vidal Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 10:27 am

To ML,
    You are a looser and one sick pathetic human being you badly need some professional help.Psychiatrist
    anyone?.Even NY Governor is Sanjaya
    fan.We are a group of musicians in
    Miami and we LOVE Sanjaya.We wish
    him all the best in the World.

7. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 11:26 am

What a dork!

8. Anonymous Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 12:34 pm

To all the haters, I agree if you like someone you want to touch them if you hate someone you don’t want to touch them. SanJaya is someone important to the hater. Because if you talking about him then you thinkin about him. People that don’t have an inpact on you, you don’t even think or say anything. So if you hate him that much get off the post and stop writing bad things. We heard enough of that when he was still on AI. Since he is voted off you should be happy. I like Sanjaya and he is an AI. So get off the post and let the inelligent people take over. His fans.

9. wati Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:22 pm

I’m sanjaya fan too. I’m from malaysia. the country between singapore and thailand. MAY GOD BLESS U MY SANJAYA!!

10. Neo Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:45 pm

Good luck Sanjaya!

11. Mike C Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 5:53 pm

To C and the rest of you miserable snot-rags!!
    We do not hate San-Jalala!! We recognize he’s a talented, smirking fool who is getting his 15 years of Fame!
    He is far from a good singer.
    And yes, his hair is certainly better than the frizzy-bear like Chris who was arrogant and belchworthy!!
    To C and others:
    My you rot in San-Jalala’s hair!

12. Anita Says:
    April 25th, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Whether anybody like him or not he is here to stay. Even though he is just a teenager and he had to face so much troubles in his childhood he has faced everything in a very calm and mature way. People should not use abusive words against anyone just because they do not like the way they look.

Comments