Sanjaya Presents Top Ten Things I Learned From American Idol

April 23, 2007 11:36 PM by Joe Blackmon

Sanjaya_lettermanOn Thursday night, Sanjaya Malakar appeared on the Tonight Show and did
a skit with Donny Osmond.  On Saturday night, Sanjaya Malakar attended
the White House Correspondents Dinner
as the guest of People magazine.
And on Monday night, Sanjaya Malakar reached the pinnacle of after-Idol
success and presented the Top Ten List on the Late Show with David
Letterman.

David Letterman announced the category of the Top Ten List as “Top Ten Things I Learned From American Idol.”  Letterman added “Now, I’ll just say one thing about American Idol.  I’m a big supporter of this show.  I love the program, and I’ll tell you why.  The United States is facing a serious superstar shortage, and this is the only way that we’re going to be able to replenish that treasure trove.  At one time, we dominated the world with superstars, not so now.”

Sanjaya Malakar then presented the “Top Ten Things I Learned From American Idol” list in descending order.
10.  The camera adds ten pounds to your Mohawk.
9.  Work hard and make sacrifices, you can finish in 7th place.
8.  It’s very important to “Keep it real, dawg.”
7.  I should have gone for the immunity idol – oh, wait that’s “Survivor.”
6.  On-camera Simon is a bit nasty, but off-camera, he’s a total jerk.
5.  Voting for yourself 100 times an hour causes some wicked carpal tunnel.
4.  When you forget the words, just do this “wo ho ho, yes he did.”
3.  Honestly, I though I was auditioning for “Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?”
2.  Nothing.
1.  American loves performers with bad hair–right, Dave?

After the Top Ten List, David Letterman called Sanjaya back out to do “wo ho ho, yes he did” again.  After Sanjaya left for the second time, Letterman said “He seems a little too comfortable here.  Twice, he really didn’t want to leave.”  Paul Shaffer quipped “Where’s he got to go?”

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
American Idol news.  For
other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American Idol
or SirLinksALot:
Sanjaya Malakar

Topics: American Idol |

9 Responses to “Sanjaya Presents Top Ten Things I Learned From American Idol”

1. Sanjaya Sucks Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 4:18 am

The top ten list is very funny. Sanjaya got to present it too. Good for him :D .

2. I agree Sanjaya Suks and this article is YUK Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 2:00 pm

This is sick. Sanajaya was the worst singer this year and here is every talk show and mag rag still talking about him as if he is Elvis Presley reincarnated. I guess some talk show hosts and mag rags miss William Hung. This must be the reason that the worst singer is given star media attention. In the meantime, those other singers in the show, who have talent are being overlooked, by the mag rags. Get a grip of reality please.

3. Stop Already! Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Can you stop talking about Sanjaya. I am so sick of reading about him. He could not sing. Period!

4. C Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 2:46 pm

…. quit reading articles about him, then …. duh.

The last two leaving comments here were evidently interested enough to come here .. to this article … and leave a comment. Who the hell are they to tell what articles should be written, about whom, and who should read it, or what talk shows should have him on their show???? LOL!

Pretty SELF centered … don’t ya think?

5. C Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 2:48 pm

I forgot to post that I saw it … it was funny.

I am happy for him.

6. kat Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 5:45 pm

that was funny and i have that on tape

7. kat Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 5:46 pm

that was funny and i have that on tape

8. Tawanda Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 6:33 pm

Taylor Hicks died a quick death because he can’t sing and so will Sanjayaj!!

9. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says: