The Apprentice Finale – What Bothered Trump About James?

April 23, 2007 12:07 AM by Joe Blackmon

James_sunIn the most important firing of The Apprentice Los Angeles, Donald
Trump gave a confusing explanation that has many Apprentice viewers
scratching their heads.  Trump complimented James Sun on his creativity
but also said “there were certain things and certain dialogue that you
gave during the course and you know what I’m talking about, that
bothered me very much.”

What exactly did James say that bothered Trump very much?  That’s the question that is being asked on message boards and blogs, and no one seems to know the answer for sure.  Most viewers seem to be drawing a blank on remembering anything that James said during one of the previous Apprentice episodes that might have offended Trump, so there has been much speculation that there might have been some dialogue from James that never made it on the air.

Some viewers have speculated that Trump might have been upset that James dropped the name of his Internet company Zoodango during the show.  However, given Trump’s propensity for self-promotion, it’s hard to see how Trump would hold James plugging his business against him.  Unless maybe Trump thought it was a sign that James wasn’t really there to become The Apprentice, but just wanted to get publicity for his Internet business.

Why didn’t Trump fully explain what dialogue bothered him about James?  Did he not want to embarrass James with specifics so he just said you know what I’m talking about?  Or was he simply running out of time and had to cut his explanation short?  Or did Trump simply want to hire a woman this year because four of the last five apprentices have been men and he couldn’t come up with a reason to fire James so he just threw something vague out?

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for
The Apprentice news.
For other great The Apprentice news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: The
Apprentice

Topics: The Apprentice |

61 Responses to “The Apprentice Finale – What Bothered Trump About James?”

1. Anonymous Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:02 am

its probably b/c James is Korean what with what happened at V Tech made trump paranoid

2. Anonymous Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:02 am

3. Soultrance Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:16 am

I’m really disappointed James didn’t win. I’ve liked him since day one and had him pegged as the winner since the very start. Stefani flew under the radar way to much and I don’t think she proved herself nearly enough to deserve the position.

Unfortunately this season of the Apprentice wasn’t that great, so hopefully things will pick up for the next season, unless they decide to cancel it.

On a side note, I live blogged tonights season finale in case anyone didn’t get a chance to watch, check it out: http://www.dingorue.com/2007/04/22/the-apprentice-los-angeles-winner-live-finale/

Cheers,
    Soultrance

4. Anonymous Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:23 am

I figured out what “dialogue” he might be referring to. It could be from the episode where James gathered his team up for a lunch and told them that if they lost, then he would just automatically leave. This was the task where they had to make a commerical where Tim and Nicole were the focal point.

5. Bothered Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:41 am

Mr. Trump said he was bothered by certain dialogues made by James, but now, I’m really BOTHERED by the dialogue Trump made. I hope we can get more clarifications tomorrow. I don’t know if it’s editing or taped live, James just didn’t seem to have his heart on being the apprentice. He didn’t fight at all.

6. jack-n-coke Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:42 am

Spare me with “Virginia Tech” crap…leave those poor folks alone…including the shooters family. Maybe for Trump, like SOOOOO many of us, James simply was whiny, annoying and in desparate need of ego check. He rode on Stefani’s coat tails for a while…and no I did not want her to get hired. I was pulling for da boy from da Bronx, Frank!

7. Jimmy Huen Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:58 am

If one thing I know, it’s the mindset of an entrepreneur, and Trump is no dummy. I believe he sees James’ Internet venture as a direct conflict of loyalty to his organization. If James is hired, will he work hard for Trump or be distracted by his Internet venture now that it has gotten the apprentice exposure?

An entrepreneur is an entrepreneur because he/she is never satisfied with working for someone else and will always work for him/herself. Therefore I don’t believe James, in the bottom of his heart, truly want this job more than Frankie, Stephanie and Nicole.

I also believe that when Trump referred to some of the dialogs between them (and he stressed that James knows what he was talking about) that made him a little unease, he was probably referring to James’ ambition for his startup Zoodango and the upcoming round of financing it was supposed to be receiving.

As much as I like and want James to win, I don’t think he wants the job to be honest. Trump made the right decision.

8. b Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 2:09 am

I guess idiot roots for idiots. Frank never had a chance.

Trumps decision jerks the audience around. The editing barely even showed Stephanie until the very end. I’m left wondering why should anyone bother watching the show.

9. Ron Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 2:26 am

It seem trump dont really like minorities…on the final show
    when it came down to the black
    guy that won from viewer votes..
    trump asked him did he want to split the job with the other guy
    he have never asked any other winner to split the win..
    Mike

10. Kathy Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 2:41 am

First off, the viewers have never voted as to who wins. Secondly, it was because Randal praised his “female” partner so highly that Trump asked if he wanted to share the opportunity. Being a Minority has nothing to do with it. Nor what happened at Virginia Tech. (James being Korean.) The question on the table is, does anyone know to what Mr. Trump was referring too, when he told James that certain comments kept him from being hired. Let’s keep the speculation real people.

11. Tall-Texan Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 3:43 am

James needed to stress that he was the only one of the four finalists that had won a project as PM and sat next to Trump in the boardroom.

The other three being there was an absolute joke and made a mockery of the process. Who would volunteer to PM next season knowing you don’t have to be PM to be the apprentice? Stefani never had to put her head on the chopping block until the final show.

I honestly wouldn’t hire any of them for a $250,000/yr job but James had at least jumped through the proper hoops to win. The other three never won as PM.

12. catcher_rye Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 4:07 am

Wow! So, James didn’t win because of the VT episode! That’s pure B.S.!! However, I wouldn’t have known that James is a Korean if I haven’t read these posts today. I am also baffled as to what “dialogues” Trump was referring to. Probably, a coversation that occured when the camera wasn’t rolling. One thing is for sure. The kind of money James can make on his own as an internet entrepreneur would be far more than working as an apprentice for Trump. Honestly, I think James really stepped up as a PM and won most of the tasks while Steph waited to be assigned a small role in all the episodes. On the other hand, looking at the kind of work Trump does, Steph might be a better fit not to mention that she has an advantage as a woman. I know I’ll be flamed for saying this but I felt that Steph was a bit more polished than James. That said, Frank and Nicole didn’t even deserve to be in Final Four. I’d have liked to see more of Heidi and Kristin in the last two episodes. Oh well! Guess, I’d just have to wait for the June edition of Playboy :-)

13. Ethen Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 6:09 am

Just saw the last episode on NBC’s website. I too was scratching my head when I heard Trump’s comment about James. After thinking about it, it became blatantly OBVIOUS what Trump was referring to…

James said (and I’m paraphrasing here)- I left a company that pays a SIX figure salary so that I have start my own company….

So… let’s see…. Trump’s salary offering is $250,000 which is a SIX figure salary ^____^.

Mystery SOLVED!!!
    Ethen Huang

14. Anthony Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:08 am

I was wondering, if James didn’t really say anything to Trump that might’ve offended him, can he sue the show for “discrimination”? Because that would be the only reason Trump wouldn’t hire him. He was actually better than the girl.

15. John Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:09 am

Hi,

I think he referred to one episode where Trump asked him why Heidi was very good. He replied something like because she was beautiful. That’d be my guess though. Any thoughts?

16. krump Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:14 am

Thats pretty dumb… most if not all of the winners and even losers made more money than the salary offered… millionaires, in fact, so leaving a six figure job is meaningless.

The Trump job offers business connections that would earn them more money than that salary.

Trump was talking crap… he just picked who he liked.

17. Joe Curry Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:26 am

This season was the worst season yet. Trump doesnt seem to have put much effort into it. James wasnt chosen as he is too much of a threat to Trump as his contract is only 1 year long. James has the makings of being the next Donald Trump in my honest opinion.

18. JT Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:30 am

People keep talking about Stephanie not stepping up for PM. Do people not recall that it was TRUMP that caused alot of this by making the rule that the winning PM stayed as PM. It really limited people being able to shine as PM this season. I hope he never does it this way again.

19. RZ Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:28 am

What did James say? I suspect this was a reference to the episode at Universal Studio where he led his team in lying about what the other team was selling. This came up in the boardroom, but was written off as “That’s Business”. Trump was critized by some in the media, including Ed Schultz, for excusing unethical behavior by James and his team. Perhaps, Donald realized that he could not “reward” James for a lapse of ethics.

20. neutle Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:34 am

I think Mr. Trump & James might’ve had a private chat where James disclosed that he had decided he didn’t want the position (for whatever reasons ~ uprooting his family, focusing on his own business, whateer). It appeared that James was handing it to Stefani ~ he didn’t seem to be fighting for it as much as he did during the season. Perhaps being back with his family helped him realize what he’d be getting into. Anyhow, I think that while Stefani may have deserved it more than many others on the show this season, she was gifted the apprenticeship ~ she didn’t earn it.

21. grundy Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 10:04 am

If James ‘lied’ then his team lied with him by supporting him… don’t recall anyone having a problem except the losing team.

Stephanie took credit with James for his successes because they were a ‘team.’

Not to mention, last years the idea for ‘stealing’ the other teams bullhorns was considered good business by Trump.

22. Grundy Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 10:09 am

Also, Randall said he practiced Business while Rebecca wrote about it.. so he hardly made Trump think she was his equal.

Stop pretending Trump decides to does anything except for what he wants or tries to manipulate others to do for him.

23. Dre Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 10:21 am

Very early on James was accused of dissenting with ideas at the last minute just so he could come in the board room and claim he was against the idea if the team lost.

I think that is one thing, the second thing I think Trump didn’t like his dialogue about Surya which may have come across as disloyal. The guy was winning and James went on and on against him, and then proved to be just as arrogant.

I think Frank would have been a better choice, but James, who I think is very talented, is making a lot of money in his own company. company – so I am sure he is not losing any sleep.

24. grundy Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 10:29 am

Thats funny, when Trump fired Frank, Trump said it was because he was stupid him to rehire Surya… not because he badmouthed him in the boardroom.
    Noone attacked Surya as badly as Frank.

Frank was saved multiple times because he badmouthed everyone else to save himself.

25. Karen Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 12:57 pm

I didn’t find this season’s apprentice as interesting as the past ones. I never felt I got to know the contestants and no one really stood out as a stellar performer as others have in the past. I even had trouble remembering their names. I was definitely rooting for James. I think the big mistake this year was having the PM remain the same until the team lost. We need (and so does Trump) to see how everyone can handle a position of leadership. Flying under the radar is not good enough to become Trump’s apprentice.

26. Danielle Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 12:58 pm

Like most people I am left confused by the final episode, could they have a shoddier product to end the season? I thought the fact that Stefani never was a PM would have come back to bite her because regardless of anything else when someone is never on the line to get fired you can’t judge them completely.

Trump’s comments at the end were a huge disappointment because the vagueness of them left things completely up in the air. I can only assume James found out that he’d rather not work for someone as egotistical as Trump and thus bowed out leaving Stefani to take the prize. We wouldn’t need all this speculation if Trump would have simply defined his reasoning better.. Stefani I thought did great but again the lack of being a leader at any point of the game leaves a lot to be desired.

I know the system changed with winning PMs staying PM but minus 3, all the PMs wound up being fired that lost the task, thus the risk was much greater that this would test someone. James had lost and was one of the few to not be fired. Who knows though, Trump needs to have a script if he can’t formulate a better closing to his show. On a side note this Apprentice was probably the worst yet, they can only go up from here…

27. Stefani won because Trumps wants to bone her Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:20 pm

This has to be the worst Apprentice season, by far. James, a PM who never lost a challenge, loses to Stefani, who flew under the radar the whole season. I never even knew she existed till half the season was over. And she wins because she’s a “leader” behind the scenes and James doesn’t see the bigger picture or because he doesn’t like something in James’s dialogue? Give me a break! So the winner is someone who was basically never a team leader. I’m convinced that Trump picked Stefani just for side salad reasons. Well, 250K is a lot to pay for piece of ass, but for Trump, that’s chump change.

28. Jimmy Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:36 pm

People, let’s forget for a second that many are fans of James and rationalize for what it is:

James and Stephanie are both extremely qualified for the Apprentice job. I want James to win, but I believe Trump made the right decision in picking Stephanie because she is a better fit for the job. To say that Stephanie did not step up to lead is not exactly accurate. This season’s rules call for the winning PM to continue being the PM and thus the winning streak by Surya and James made the opportunity for the PM post virtually disappeared for Stephanie. Stephanie is just as great and qualified for this job as James is, she’s just a better fit.

James is an entrepreneur. he left a six figure corporate job to start his own Internet startup. Trump is no dummy. He knows that hiring James is a risky bet due to James ultimate loyalty is to his own startup, Zoodango. As much as I want James to win, if I were Trump, I would’ve hired Stephanie as well because Stephanie, the corporate attorney, will be a better Trump employee than James the entrepreneur.

There is no loser here. James had shown that he is talented and a great leader, and due to making it to the final two, Zoodango had generated publicity that’s worth millions. My personal opinion is that James deep down does not want it as bad as the other three, and that is ok, because I think he is better off leading Zoodango to the next level than working for Trump.

29. Anonymous Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:50 pm

Anyone else think Stefani had some cosmetic work done? I thought she looked differently last night than she had during the season…

30. Debbie Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 1:51 pm

I agree that James was not as good a fit for the role working for Trump as Stefani is. Trump is business first – and Stefani’s background is defending organizations like Trump’s (large companies, construction and developers!) in litigation so she brings a lot of value to the table potentially for him/the organization. James has a family he would be uprooting and a business of his own to run and I speak from experience – once you have run your own company, however small or large, it is VERY difficult to work for someone else successfully again! Trump wants a ‘yes’ person, and in Stefani he has a better chance of getting that than in James.

31. Debbie Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 2:00 pm

Anthony – I think you’re right about the “beautiful” comment. Ivanka was a model, as was Heidi; foremost, they are both smart, brilliant business women. DT must have thought this remark was directly demeaning to both Ivanka and Heidi. Bottom line — Don’t mess with the daughter!

32. RichieRich Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Trump hired whatshername cuz’ she is really good looking. maybe smart but if he wanted smart he would have gone for Frank. James’ was brilliant but gimme a break he wasn’t going to go with him, not in his business. I was surprised he hired Randall last year.

this dude- “StefaniwonbecauseTrumpswantstoboneher” has a point. We’ll just have to see which Trump ;-)

33. PPAt Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 3:13 pm

please stop saying that Trump didn’t hire James because of the V-Tech incident, I know that your just trying to make discussion but its insulting to the V-Tech Victims including their families and the kids who go there, its also insulting to James, Trump, NBC, me, and I hope everyone else who reads this, so please just let the idea go

34. grnbastard Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 3:18 pm

I think what Trump knew that James’ heart wasn’t into it…the video with his family, choosing Atlanta because it was closer to home (and he did damage control – reiterated that it was closer to Trump himself). It was obvious that James was the strongest candidate this season, however, I don’t believe he wanted it as much as the other 3.

35. DS Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 3:23 pm

The decision has nothing to do with discrimination nor racism. I don’t think DT even cares for it. James was definitely the best among them but if I were DT and left with these 4, I’d pick Stephanie too. At the end when James mentions zoodango, that sums up why he’s there in the first place. He really doesn’t need one more year to prove under DT.

When they showed a clip of Stephanie with a contractor, that was a complete joke. It doesn’t happen that way in real world. What it shows is this show is for entertainment only. Whoever gets hired will most likely work as a PR. As you all know 250k is nothing compare to money he brings in from this show. I’m sure DT has many good CM lined up. They do the real work.

36. Gina Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 4:02 pm

I can’t figure out what the heck Trump meant last night. I interviewed Stefani this morning who seemed to have no idea (or was just keeping quiet). I’m talking to Nicole for a few minutes & I’m going to try to get it out of her. Just call me Nancy Drew!

37. James rules... Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 5:28 pm

I think there are a few things that are against James — reasons that is unlawful to made public…

1. James selected the condo project at Atlantis — Trump said the consturction will begin September… that is only 5 months away. If Trump is as good as he claims to be, the construction CM firm or the Construction PM would be on board by now. It is a bad decision for James to select this project.

2. James has a family – wife and 2 kids… that means that he cannot fully dedicate his time and energy into the job — at least he cannot fly to LA, NYC and at the job site 24/7 (nor should he).

3. James called Trump a “dog”. During the video, he sang the song to his daughter and he said “do not let the DOG say the 2 words” and his daughter said, “you’re fired”…

4. The carribean project is a mega project with golf course… what is better to have a “cute” lawyer who knows [a VERY little bit] of construction to be in the Carribean reporting to Trump?

P.S. what Stef said she is tough and deal with the foreman all the time is pure bull. Being “tough” is not the way to deal with a foreman… you will end up getting crappy information from anyone.

anyway, I am sad that James lost. I really wish an asian would win this time.

38. Frze Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:34 pm

To Gina: actually, James said to his daughter “…don’t let ‘The Donald’ …….,’ and not “the dog,” but it was said in typical James fashion: quickly. I just replayed it back (TiVo’d).

I figure James can only really be married to one person and Stefani is used to screwing the little guys as an attorney for the rich and powerful, so for all intents and purposes, this was the decision that suits the Trump Organization: someone willing to forgo life in order to be married to work. James is better off and he seemed to just give up, without his normal fire. Whereas Steafni had NO FIRE WHATSOEVER during the whole months-long interview process, until last night.

She’ll get what she deserves as well, and it isn’t what she’s expecting.

39. Jon Marler Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:35 pm

James name dropped his own company live on-air… that is the ‘dialog’ that Trump was referring to.

40. Zoodango Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 8:56 pm

James was too good for Trump corporation anyway.

41. Frze Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Jon:you may be correct on James’ verbalizing something non-Trump’ish and therefore, a no-no. The farcity being, of course, that the entire show is one Trump Org advert, from start to finish, on how fantabulous he/they/it is, etc.

Just seems ‘cheap as hell’ to use THAT for his excuse. But he used similar cheap excuses for Frankie-the-Bronx (for re-hiring Surya) and Nicole (romancing-the-Tim — but romances have occured on other shows and they weren’t used as the lame excuse to rid the show of someone.

Donald the putz stikes again!

42. Berelain Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:05 pm

The problem with the whole “name-dropping” theory is that since day one under James’ profile (On NBC’s offical The Apprentice 6 Website) it listed the company he had started and if Trump is that petty when it was already out there in his profile than James can do better and likely is. I remember this because I always look at profiles at the beginning of the season and noticed that his had that web address and I checked it out, out of curiousity. I actually thought Stefani would win based on the last task even though I believe James is much more talented and editted the final to make it the product it eventually became, and I seriously thought her lack of PMing would come back to haunt her but it never did and I found that very surprising.

43. Daisy Says:
    April 23rd, 2007 at 9:33 pm

Did anyone notice that Frank forgot Tim’s name during the episode last nite — he touched nicoles arm to remind him…he is not good under pressure…its good he didnt get hired

yes, stefani did look different — her face looked blown up or swolen..bad botox injection i guess

maybe James did bow out and Trump didnt mention it because two pple during the whole apprentice run have quit — it leaves a bad impression of Trumps talent recruitment abilities — he is hiring quitters

The grand finale shows are badly done — bad scripting and dialogue and they always run out of time –

44. peppy Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 12:12 am

Can’t wait for somebody to ask Trump regarding his comment on James. James is the clean winner!
    What did he say to basically hand Stephani the job. She is no where near James’s league. Trump give us a clue, PLEASE!!!

45. John Lee Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 3:36 am

a

46. John Lee Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 3:54 am

Everything is explained there.

I know James, he is a CEO with a heart of becoming Donald Trump himself. I really didn’t think that he could handle being under someone and Trump realized that.

all in all, James admits that the “right” person was hired.

47. Karen Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 8:06 am

Enough already with the “discrimination” crap. I am so sick of hearing when (insert your favorite “minority” here) a gay, woman, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Muslim, fat person, yada, yada, yada, doesn’t get chosen that’s it’s somehow discrimination. Maybe that person just didn’t have the skills needed. For someone to say “I really wish an asian would win this time.” is ridiculous. What difference does it make what nationality, religion, sex, etc. the Apprentice is this season? Trump picked who he thought would fit in with his organzation period. Maybe he found James’ whinny voice as annoying as some of us and didn’t want to have to deal with that.

Heck, maybe next seaon they can all wear paper bags over their heads so no one can claim “discrimination.” I’m surprised the ACLU hasn’t complained that there hasn’t been a fat person on the show!!!!

48. Anonymous Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 8:34 am

How amny of the previous winners still work for Trump?

49. SoonerDave Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 9:55 am

You guys have a short memory.

During one of James’ losses, he was *very* accurately characterized as a boardroom CYA type. I suspect that some of the talk that “bothered” Trump was evidence of that very type of behavior from some of his “project monitors” during the course of the show.

Stefani was the coolest of all four finalists, unfazed by any hard questions, and was the clear standout in a finalist group that was the weakest of any of the Apprentice runs. Nicole belonged in the finals about as much as your average high school cheerleader, and the fact that she was there instead of Heidi was laughable…

-sd

50. Mike Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 10:25 am

What were you all watching? All these comments and none of you are even close to what Trump was obviously referring to.

Go back and replay the episode where Trump calls the house and James picks up the phone and Trump tells him that the team needs to choose one person to go to the other side. James then deceptively turns to the team and tells them that Trump told him that HE (James) needs to choose one person to go to the other team. Trump did NOT delegate authority to James to make this decision at all. In fact, Trump was very explicit that it was for the team to decide. He never once told James that it was his decision and his decision alone. Prior to this phone call James had been complaining about Tim and Nicole’s relationship, claiming it was a big distraction for the “team” when in reality all James wanted to do was break apart this voting block that would have easily outpowered the remaining members to get rid of James in the future.

Then the phonecall from Trump came and James saw fit to lie to the team about what Trump said and use the fact that none of them could listen to the phonecall firsthand to deceive them all into thinking it was James’ choice as to who got sent over to the other side.

James then effectively deceived his entire team, broke apart the Tim/Nicole alliance and voting block and went on to deceptively take control of the then-winning team.

Even when Trump later asked the group as a whole, “so who did you all decide would go over to the other side . . . were there any volunteers?” This statement by itself proves that it was not ever up to James. Despite this, James then spoke up and said, “WE decided that Nicole . . .” It was not a “we” decision at all. It was James who lied about Trump’s phone call, lied to his own team, then later lied to Mr. Trump.

James is a liar and can’t be trusted. That is why Mr. Trump fired him. Would you hire someone who did this? Could you trust them? If you can’t trust in explicit instructions which you use to delegate authority and they usurp that authority that you specifically delegated to a group consensus, then unilaterally and deceptively make the decision all by yourself, then come back and lie to the boss as though it was a group consensus (when in fact you made the decision for your own personal gain, to that of the detriment of the group), then you can’t be trusted with anything.

Consider what would have happened had James told the truth to the group that Trump told them all to decide who should go to the other side. Tim and Nicole certainly would not have voted for one or the other. No one wanted to point to, or butt heads with Frankie because he was so loud and vocal. No one at that point perceived Stephani as a threat so it wouldn’t have been her (as certainly Tim or Nicole would have felt at that point that Stephani was simply not a standout, not vocal in the boardroom, and would be easy to beat), and so this leaves James. James knew he would have been the one voted to go to the other side. The additional reason for this is that he was then the project manager and The Apprentice has a history of shifting a winning project manager to the other (losing) side.

On top of all this, don’t forget that it was James who was the principal source of 99% of the lies in the sales task and clearly exhibited the least ethics.

51. Nick Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 10:39 am

I think it was nothing that was shown on the show, but what was either spoken or caught on camera that was not included in the show. Nothing in the epidsodes showed any clear evidence of him saying or doing anything extraodinary that would have bothered Trump. I think it’s pointless to speculate at this point because nobody really knows. i’m just waiting for REAL evidence. SOMEONE provide REAL evidence and stop endless speculations.

52. Don Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 12:15 pm

YOUR ANSWER IS ON ZOODANGO.COM BLOG:

IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. DONALD TRUMP WAS AFRAID TO HIRE SUNSHINE!

53. Anonymous Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 2:29 pm

I believe James was the best of them all and was really surprised he was not hired as the Apprentice. However, I agree with some of the commentators that it borders on his value for family and as an already established CEO of his own company. I wonder who and where he can get satisfaction again other than his very own. This would have put a big strain on his new role working with Trump. Simple truth; you all should stop wracking your pretty heads for what went wrong or on Trump’s mind. James’s got no regrets as well as the Don himself!

54. Fifi Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 2:35 pm

55. bandaches Says:
    April 24th, 2007 at 9:39 pm

James song to his kid referred to Donald as the “Don” not the dog! But even still, referring to his as Don instead of Mr Trump was not a good idea. On top of the fact that his company is a better opportunity than the apprentice job and the fact that James has no issues with being liar contributed to his demise. The main question is, why didn’t Don dump him earlier? Most of this stuff was known by Donald long ago, there must still be something that was said only in the last week that tipped the scales.

This season was so lame and the candidates so awful that I would think this will be the last. Donald is checked out, George anc Carolyn are gone, time to RIP this run. The only good candidates ever across all seasons have been Bill, Amy(from season 1 who didn’t win) and Kendra. How many of the previous winners are still with Trump?

56. JSBTA Says:
    April 25th, 2007 at 6:19 am

Sorry SoonerDave but rewatch the episode again. James did not lie to anyone. Trump wanted a decision to be made and James clearly asked the group for a volunteer to move to Kinetcic. No one volunteered as James said and Trump told James he wanted a decision at that time and for James to handle it. There was no deception on James’ part.

In fact it was easily a brilliant decision since he broke up the Frank-Tim-Nichole alliance. Also, leaving Tim in the team allowed James to pick on Tim in the board room in the event he lost as a PM. Tim was so whipped over Nichole that it made him weak and thus an easy target in the boardroom. Why do you think DT made a huge stink about Tim not coming to Nichole’s defense when James chose her to leave. It was clear James had not deceived anyone and made a good decision. Great strategy on James’ part.

And regarding his tactics on the Hollywood Studios task, it might have been a bit underhanded but it was commended by Ivanka and DT had no problem with it. It wasn’t James that blatantly lied to customers, the whole team used a bit of dirty tactics but they won and won huge.

In the end, James was the best “contestant” and should have won. He won more times as PM and was valuable in almost every task he was involved in. Whether its the fault of the show or Stephanie strategically ducking the PM role, no way should the Apprentice winner win without ever being a PM once.

However, I do believe Stephanie is the better candidate for whatever job Trump has in store for her cause you know its just gonna be some ceremonial position. Stephanie’s talents will be better suited to Trump cause you know Trump is not gonna hand over any sort of lead control over the Dominican Republic project to some person who won a TV game show. He definitely has people who work for him and will be in charge of that project.

The show definitely should have had James and Stephanie duke it out on one last project and they missed their chance to do that. Trump should have fired two teams from the Las Vegas project cause other than James and Steph’s presentation, the other two’s bombed horribly. But they screwed up and thus we have this outcome that could have been made clearer had we had a true final. Maybe we could finally see if Steph has what it truly took cause I know she is qualified and is the best “candidate” for what Trump is looking for.

57. SBP Says:
    April 25th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

James being so humble, praised others more than himself even though he showed and proved great leadership. James made certain comments that may have backfired towards his chance in getting hired. In the uncut episode when asked why Heidi had more wins than him as PM, he commented that she had beauty as well as skills. Also, in another episode, he mentioned that Stefani was someone he knew he can trust and works very well. During the final interview, when asked why he always paired himeself w/ Stefani, he told DT that a good leader finds the best to work along with. Well, DT is a leader and although Stefani didn’t prove herself as PM, she proved herself to James and the rest of the team since no one had any complaints about her. (Surya complained once about James loyalty) Where’s the backfire? Well, Stefani has beauty, skills, works very well, and is someone you can trust in which she was trying to convey to Trump in her final interview video as getting the whole package. I wanted James to win, because he proved his leadership, but I believe as humble as he is, James unknowingly, helped Stefani to shine. DT knew that if James is smart enough to always be partnered up with Stefani then maybe he should be too.

58. Steve Says:
    April 26th, 2007 at 8:37 pm

There are a few folks saying that James did not fight for the Apprentice. Wrong!! Totally! How could he fight after he was fired! DT did not give him any room for him to debuke prior to the fire. All DT’s comments about James were compliments in the finale and in the previous episodes. BTW,some guys say James might not like the job as other finalists (Stepheni, Frankie, and Nicole). Their reasoning is Jame is a ture entrepreneur who went to the show for the publicity of his DOT COM company ZooDango. This does not make sense to me at all. How good would that publicity be if he had won the Apprentice and held a national news conference saying he could not take the spot due to his loyalty to his DOT COM company he gave birth to. What I am saying is that even if he had no real intention to take the high profile, low reward (250K) job, he would still have fought for it like a dog (250k is not high for James). The problem was DT did not say a single negative word about in the finale. … I like Stepheni as well. Not bad, overall…

59. Jeff Says:
    May 3rd, 2007 at 1:12 am

Stephanie didn’t appear to be the creative force she says she is. She might make a good planner or minutes taker. It seems in the last challenge that she just quit on the commercial editting and hoped to pin a loss on James. This could have been part of her strategy against her strongest competitor.

60. APPRENTICE SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED - YEAHHHHH Says:
    May 19th, 2007 at 9:35 am

Well, well, well – it was announced on TV last night that THE APPRENTICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED due to LOW RATINGS THIS SEASON.

What goes around comes back around and bites one in the arse, eh DONALD?

Now it’s time for someone on an ABC show to say to Donald Trump: “NOW, who’s fired?!?!?!”

WAY_2_GO_ROSIE_ODONNELL!!! The truth all comes out in the wash in the end. The View’s ratings for the same time frame were up 15% and The Donald’s (You know, Donald Dump Truck aka Trumpster) Apprentice has SUNK TO IT’S LOWEST!!!

PEOPLE DON’T LIKE TRUMP AND HIS BULLYING SCHOOLYARD-BULLY WAYS AT 61 YEARS OLD!!

KHARMA IS SUCH A GREAT THING! I’M ECSTATIC ABOUT THIS!!

61. TRUMP STOCK PLUNGES TODAY *heh heh heh* Says:
    July 2nd, 2007 at 2:37 pm

No deal for TRUMP ENTERPRISES…

Serves the Dump Truck right!!!

Best news I heard all day, so far

WE ALL DO HAVE POWER, believe it or not