American Idol Final Six – Lakisha Jones Kisses Simon Cowell

May 01, 2007 08:06 PM by Joe Blackmon

Lakisha_simon_kissFor the American Idol top six performance show, Jon Bon Jovi and David
Bryan mentored the finalists.  Ryan Seacrest also revealed that Idol
Gives Back viewer donations combined with corporate sponsor donations
resulted in nearly $70 million being raised for charity.

Phil Stacey sang “Blaze Of Glory.”  Randy Jackson said “I think other than country week, this is your best performance ever on this show.”  Paula Abdul said “This is the best opening I think we’ve had all season long.”  Simon Cowell said “I didn’t hear any authenticity.  I thought in the middle you were like a bad actor playing a role.”

Jordin Sparks sang “Living On A Prayer.”  Randy Jackson said “It wasn’t your best.”  Paula Abdul said “I give credit, because you went for it even knowing it was a little bit out of your range.”  Simon Cowell said “First of all, the look, it was like something out of the Addam’s Family, the hair.  As for the singing, Jordin, it was just out of control, it was verging on shrieking at times.”

Lakisha Jones sang “This Ain’t A Love Song.”  Randy Jackson said “You proved you can sing tonight.”  Paula Abdul said “You did give everyone a little something, something.”  Simon Cowell said “Lakisha, I actually could kiss you after that.”  Lakisha then came down off stage and kissed Simon.

Blake Lewis sang “Shot Through The Heart.”  Randy Jackson said “I will give you the award for the most original version of a song ever on American Idol, and you took a leap of faith, and guess what dawg, you won.”  Paula Abdul said “This was amazing, this was your night.”  Simon Cowell said “You know what, there will be half the audience that absolutely hated it, and half the audience will love it.  And I think that was absolutely the right thing to do.  I think you’re a very brave young man, and you took a massive risk, and this is what is going to keep you in the competition next week.”

Chris Richardson sang “Wanted Dead Or Alive.”  Randy Jackson said “That was nice, baby, I liked that.”  Paula Abdul said “This has turned out to be a great night.”  Simon Cowell said “I think you did as much as you could possible do with that song, because Chris, this is not your style of music.”

Melinda Doolittle sang “Have A Nice Day.”  Randy Jackson said “I don’t know if it was your best performance, but it’s definitely a great performance again.”  Paula Abdul said “You’re a rock star.”  Simon Cowell said “I thought it was like a young Tina Turner.  I don’t know the song that well, but I thought vocally in a different league than everyone else tonight.”

So who will be the next two to go home on American Idol?  The easy call is that Chris Richardson will be one of the two.  Chris didn’t have a bad performance, but he has been overshadowed by the other finalists for the last two weeks.  Based on tonight’s performance, Jordin Sparks could be joining him, but Jordin likely gained enough votes last week to keep her safe.  Our prediction is that despite a great performance tonight, it won’t be enough to save Lakisha Jones, and she will be the other finalist eliminated with Chris Richardson.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

48 Responses to “American Idol Final Six – Lakisha Jones Kisses Simon Cowell”

1. Anonymous Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 8:24 pm

You make it look as if Lakisha had the idea of kissing Simon. Simon said he could kiss her, then RYAN took her down the stage and then Simon and Lakisha kissed.

2. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 8:41 pm

I see Chris R and Lakisha going home tomorrow night.
    6. Chris R-GONE TOMORROW
    5. Lakisha-GONE TOMORROW
    4. Phil
    3. Blake
    2. Jordin-RUNNER-UP
    1. Melinda-winner

3. mei Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 8:52 pm

go go chris, jordin, blake and phill!!!!! u can do better!

4. Anonymous Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:02 pm

I think Jordin might be in the bottom 3 or it wouldn’t surprise me if she was eliminated (they always seem to have the whole elimination shocker).

5. matt Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:13 pm

I think Phil, and Chris will leave!!!

6. Gia Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Anything could happen!

My bet will be Phil & Lakisha.

7. Leo Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:16 pm

I think LaKisha and Chris would be going home tomorrow night. Chris did good with his performance, but I thought it won’t be more votes to save him. LaKisha bounced back after two disappointing performances, but I don’t think it won’t be enough to save her and that is why they shoud leave.

8. mei Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:21 pm

chris wil not leave pls pls

9. Richman Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:21 pm

Bye Lakisha…stop trying to look good in tight clothes…your versatility in songs is lacking. Mel, good job. At least you tried the rock style. Jordan, ugh. Poor song. Chris, you actually sounded descent tonight as did you Phil. Blake, you are the BOMB!!! You have big brass ones to try that! Maybe Chris with Lakisha going bye bye?

10. LJ.... Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:25 pm

I agree Chris and Lakisha will go home. Jordin could have done better, but its one week. She’s still great. I hope to see her in the top two and even number 1.

11. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:25 pm

I think Chris and Jordon are going home. I think Lakisha has a few more rounds left in her.

12. Anonymous Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:40 pm

this is how it should be:
    chris and phil gone tomorrow
    then jordan
    then melinda
    with lakisha and blake in the finale
    and blake winning
    of course america will get it WRONG
    and this is how it will go:
    chris and lakisha tomorrow
    then phil
    then blake
    with jordan and melinda in the finale
    hopefully in this tragedy, jordan will win, but with all the hype about melinda the backup singer with no neck from day 1 im sure itll be close

blake proved tonight he is the hit from this season. lakisha knows who she is and what to do with herself, whereas shrek aka melinda is, yes talented, but fake and most definitely not hit-worthy. phil has turned it on at the right part of the competition…everyone really did great tonight with the exception of jordin (but she has such a huge fan base) soo the double elim will be very interesting, hopefully we wont have to say goodbye to lakisha or blake, who in my opinion are two of the best contestants ever to appear on american idol (definitely up there with daughtry carrie and kelly).

13. Lucy Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:47 pm

You know, after reading through that ridiculously long post…I have to say I almost perfectly agree with you except i think in the “what should happen section” Melinda will go before Jordin in a shocker…but I agree Blake & Lakisha are the bestest!!!

14. Tyler Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 9:57 pm

CHRIS RICHARDSON IS THE BEST!!! he kicked Daughtry’s ass with that song! he and blake are the only true idols left. if phil “vampire boy” or LaKisha “fat ass” stays 1 MORE DAMN WEEK THEN F**K THIS SHOW UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!

15. brianne Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 10:26 pm

I’m pretty sure that Chris will be one of the eliminated tomorrow, even though he was actually pretty good tonight. The other could be either LaKisha or Phil, but i’m kind of leaning more toward Phil, even though i thought he was really good tonight, because other than tonight and country night, he hasn’t had many stand-out performances and doesn’t seem to have the fanbase that LaKisha has. I’d hate to see him go after such a good performance,though,but at least he’d really go down in a blaze of glory. Don’t really want to see Chris go either, but i don’t want to lose any of the others because i want it to come down to Melinda,Blake, LaKisha and Jordin, in that order.

16. Kerr Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 10:45 pm

Phil ur just an ass I don’t like ur own version of blaze of glory. I think you need to go. Jordin oh baby that was bad I’m very dissappointed hope u’re not leaving but base on your performance gonna say byebye. Lakisha ur back on the competition but still u will going home base on the last weeks performance. Blake u ROCK!!! Ur a very talented contestant here in American Idol. Chris nice try dude u did a great job in singing a rock song while it’s not ur genre but still u impressed the judges your too good to be voted off this week. Melinda your vocal is too good but I dont like the song haha!

This weeks ranking:

6.Jordin
    5.Phil
    4.Lakisha
    3.Melinda
    2.Chris
    1.Blake

Phil and Lakisha will be going home this week or Jordin will.

17. Latrina Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 11:47 pm

LAKESHIA IS NUMBER ONE.

18. Gus Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 11:50 pm

Lakisha is number one in the contest.

19. Anonymous Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 11:50 pm

I think Jordin and Chris will go home. Maybe her fans will not vote for Jordin because they might think she is safe (if she indeed had the highest number of votes). Maybe Lakisha AND Jordin will go home as a shocking elimination (double shock I would say).

20. Latailyn Says:
    May 1st, 2007 at 11:52 pm

Lakisha keep up the good work.

21. kiki Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 12:17 am

Melinda is going to be the runner up. And Lakisha, no doubt about it, she’ll be the winner.

22. Don Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 12:28 am

Come on Lakisha! Girl, you’ve given us a reason to believe in you again! You made us believe you deserved to be in the top three again! Come on Lakisha! I was so proud of you tonight because you brought it back home and looked good doing it. I noticed that Lakisha has lost a substantial amount of weight too. I like her new look tonight. It was very attractive on her. You can tell who Simon wants to stay and who he wants to leave. He mentioned to both Chris and Phil that he didn’t know if their performances were good enough to make it to next week. However, he wanted to kiss Lakisha because finally he saw in her what he saw from the beginning: a true contender! He knows she’s one of the three best performers left and he wants a dream finale like no other! Last time we had a great finale was in season 2. Since then, all duds. If Lakisha can escape this week and then perform strong from here on out then she’ll be in the top two. Let’s all hope Lakisha stays this week and Chris and either Phil or Blake leave tomorrow night.

23. VOTE FOR BLAKE Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 1:00 am

Blake was totally amazing, he blew me away. WOW just WOW. Talk about daring and ORIGINAL. All the other idols basically did Bon Jovi Karaoke, only Blake acutally made the song his own like Jon Bovi Jovi said they should. Blake is a creative GENIUS. The way he reworked that song on his own and made the beatboxing part flow right into the singing part so seemlessly was total genius. It always bugs me when one of the idols has to ASK the celebrity guest what to do with the song like they don’t have enough creative drive to do it themselves. Blake clearly knows how to put his own stamp on everything. I sure hope he wins, it will be great for idol to finally produce a real ARTIST that isn’t copying anyone. He’ll sell a bazillion Cd’s.

24. ANON Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 1:12 am

Lakisha kisses Simon? How tacky.

25. mei Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 1:25 am

the result is….LAKISHA wil be out!!!

26. crison martesio Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 1:29 am

i’m rooting for Lakisha, MElinda and Jordin as the final 3!

27. Anonymous Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 1:38 am

Lakisha keep up the good work and dont pay any attention to Lucy or Brianne who thinks that you are fat and can’t sing, because we dont see them on American Idol. You got favor girl no matter what your size is. Melinda, don’t you pay any attention to the name calling either, because that person needs some serious help and who cares if they stop watching the show or not. Melinda, what that person is saying about your neck has nothing to do with the beautiful voice God has given you.

28. Hilda Weber Vancouver, Canada Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 2:30 am

Another great show.

Jordin was disappointing tonight. Phil and Chris ordinary.

Melinda, Blake and Lakisha in the final. Lakisha deserves to stay to be included in the final three.

Simon had to taste his words. Did he really want to kiss? I doubt it.
    Hilda

29. penda Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 2:59 am

Lakisha, you are the dude. You and Melinda are sure to compete for the grand finaly. Go girl

30. TO Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 6:09 am

I think it is Lakisha’s time to go. I am tired of a singer who can not pronounce english and it makes all her words run together. She will be joined by Chris, his time has come. *** The Season Winner – Jordin ***

31. Anonymous Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 7:24 am

So, how many contestants has Simon kissed on the lips now? Lakisha last night, and I know he (and all the judges) kissed Katharine last year. Were there any others? Simon’s turning into a regular Richard Dawson!LOL!!

32. Don Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 8:43 am

I just hope that kiss was worth 2million more votes because Lakisha needed and deserved them after last night’s performance!

33. NJE Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 9:46 am

I’m so happy that AI did a Bon Jovi night! They’re one of my favorite bands of all time! Anyway, performance-wise, I didn’t think anyone was horrible, but I can definitely make an educated guess as to who’s leaving.

This week’s ranking:
    Worst)Chris Richardson
    5)Jordin Sparks (easily her worst performance to date)
    4)Lakisha Jones (but she’ll go over Jordin)
    3)Phil Stacey
    2)Melinda Doolittle (my favorite Bon Jovi song performed)
    Best)Blake Lewis

34. Verta Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 9:49 am

LaKisha, I have never watched the show from beginning to end. But when I heard you on the first night of AI I was hooked. You have the voice, you have the personality and most of all you have the spirit to make it work. I heard you sing that Jennifer Holiday song, those types of songs are you. That’s your voice! If you make it tonight (I’m praying that you do) the next performances will come down to song choice. Not that you aren’t singing well, the songs that you have chosen were not for your voice. Just not you. But last night you proved to the world that you could sing and I think no matter what happens, someone in the music world has seen you and they are just waiting for the right time to approach you. Great performance last night. It should keep you in the running but I’m not sure with the performance of last weeks votes. But regardless, in my opinion, you are the winner. Best of luck to you and my God bless you in whatever He has prepared for your life.

35. mei Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 10:10 am

u guys talking abt chris richardson being worst…duh! just becoz he;s in bottom twice doesnt mean he is the worst…

36. jake Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 11:29 am

this is the raking from dialidol:

1) Jordin Sparks
    2) Blake Lewis
    3) Phil Stacey
    4) Melinda Doolittle
    Bottom 2 (would be going home):
    5) Lakisha Jones
    6) Chris Richardson

I just hope it gets it wrong because i don’t want lakisha to go!! T.T

37. Anonymous Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 11:49 am

With it being combined with last week and last week getting twice the typically vote count (~70 million compared with 35 or so million this week), you have to expect Jordin to be safe this week. At this point, Blake has to be safe too.

Chris, after back to back performances that in each of their weeks have to be bottom two, gets booted for that consistency.

That leaves Lakisha, Melinda, and Phil. Since about two-thirds the grade comes from last week’s stunt week, I’d predict that Lakisha will be the second to go tonite. If I’m wrong, it will be Phil to get the boot with Chris. Melinda should prove to be safe — she is consistently good, and she is starting to show personality …

38. Mike C Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 11:52 am

Last night was the best show since the British Invasion show with the Melinda and Blake Jon Jovi songs just incredible!!!
    Jordin slipped to a shriek and looked messy and in desperate need of yet another “Kleenex”!!!!
    And Latisha’s kiss to Simon as bad as the junk from the Give Back Show. She gave “Back” allright!
    But the kiss wont save her.
    I wanna see her and Latisha go tonight. Lots of tears from both and of course, some TISSUE exchanges!!
    Bye ladies, no more tears!!!

39. Blake was awesome Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 1:42 pm

I have to say rock is really hard to do.
    I see CHRIS AND PHIL LEAVING. i LIKE CHRIS, BUT HE WAS NOT THAT GOOD. I THOUGHT JORDIN WAS JUST OKAY, NOTHING SPECIAL. I THOUGHT MELINDA WAS JUST OKAY.
    BLAKE WAS THE BEST.
    FOR ME LAKISHA COMES IN SECOND.
    I DO NOT CARE WHO GOES HOME UNLESS IT IS NOT BLAKE!!!!!

40. Anonymous Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 4:30 pm

Jordin’s famous daddy probably bought her a place in the top 2. She has way too many connections for her to go this week. I think Chris and Lakisha will go home, or maybe Phil? Today’s show is going to be so interesting.

41. BLAKE/MELINDA FINALE!!!! Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 5:48 pm

Guys please vote for Blake! If it comes down to Jordin and Melinda it will be the most totally boring finale EVER. Blake in the finale will be WILD, you just know he’ll do something totally off the wall interesting. The final two should be Melinda and Blake. Jordin has good pipes but ZERO artistry, nothing original or unique at all. At least Melinda can rock out like Tina Turner. IMO an idol should be able to handle any type of music and so far Melinda and Blake have proven they can while Jordin gets tripped up by anything that isn’t her thing. Please folks, vote for Blake. So many people are voting for Melinda and Jordin and you have those VFTW peeps voting for Phil so if we don’t massively vote for Blake he might get knocked out next week. Thanks!

42. Don Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 6:27 pm

Ummm no sorry. I will not vote for Blake because he does not have the pipes stand up against either Melinda, Lakisha, or Jordin in the finale. I like the fact that’s he original but this is still a singing competition and I just don’t want to see and hear Blake beat boxing in a finale while either of the three girls is singing their hearts out on that stage in the Kodak theatre. Blake doesn’t match up well with any of these top females.

43. Anonymous Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 6:55 pm

It’s not all about the vocals. Jordin could have the vocals, but her personality stinks. She’s just a stuck up 17 year old with no manners and with a famous daddy who can get her whatever she wants. Melinda has the vocals, the personality, she has it all. Blake may not have the best vocals ever, but he is fun and he works as hard as anyone and he is doing the best he can.

44. Anonymous Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 6:58 pm

Blake is the bomb!!!

45. Don Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 7:16 pm

But the real question about Blake is: can he stand up vocally to Melinda, Jordin, or Lakisha? I think the answer is no.

46. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 8:41 pm

BREAKING NEWS

PHIL STACEY IS OUT ON IDOL

JORDIN IS SAFE-THANKS TO LAST WEEK’S VOTES.

IT WILL COME DOWN TO CHRIS RICHARDSON AND BLAKE LEWIS FOR WHO WILL JOIN PHIL ON THE PLANE TICKET HOME TONIGHT.

47. cobbi Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 9:02 pm

Correction: Blake sang “You Give Love a Bad Name” not “Shot Through The Heart” (where did you get that title?). Jordin performance may not her best but its not her forte, I don’t think she’ll be voted because of that. Chris will sure to go along with either Phil or Lakisha (black singers are known for R&B and Rap music but not with Rock). Jordin is still the best teen contestant on idol, total package wise. Blake’s version is a refreshing one and I liked it.

48. THEKIISFMCASTER Says:
    May 11th, 2007 at 6:50 am

Wow, How could Lakisha go from potentially the best singer to being voted off early. For Lakisha’s exclusive last live interview with Ryan Seacrest, Just Log ON To!!! http://www.kiisfm.com/main.html

Comments