Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader Holding Auditions This Summer

May 04, 2007 12:03 AM by Joe Blackmon

While students in schools across the country look forward to a sunny
summer break, FOX is heading back to the classroom in search of five
new 5th-grade students for the second season of the hit quiz show ARE
YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?, which airs with all-new episodes
Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Congratulations to honor roll classmates Jacob, Alana, Laura, Spencer, Kyle and Marki, who will graduate from grammar school and head to middle school next fall. As a result, FOX will enroll another stellar group of 5th graders to join the head of the class on the ratings-hit show. Students should start cramming immediately for their elementary exams since auditions begin early this summer in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Interested pupils should visit http://fox.com/AreYouSmarter for guidelines and applications. Additional details will be announced at a later date.

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?, hosted by comedian Jeff Foxworthy, is an atypical game show measuring adults’ lack of knowledge – as revealed by how much they’ve forgotten since grammar school. Grownup contestants find themselves in a classroom setting, revisiting their youth, as they tackle subjects they’ve already been taught, ranging from art to geography and math to social studies. However, the contestants are not alone and there is a way to “cheat” in this classroom. The adults have the opportunity to get some help – in the form of elementary advice from real grade-schoolers who have hit the books.

Mark Burnett Productions produces ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? in association with Zoo Productions. Burnett, Roy Bank, Barry Poznick and John Stevens serve as executive producers.

Topics: Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? |

11 Responses to “Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader Holding Auditions This Summer”

1. K. LaMay Says:
    May 7th, 2007 at 8:08 pm

How does one go about becoming a contestant on “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?” If anyone has any info that might help me, please let me know. Thank you.

2. hairymon Says:
    May 10th, 2007 at 5:37 pm

I have checked and supposedly you can’t be a contestant. Apparently last year the “contestant search” was an ad in the LA version of Craigslist.

There are some rumors out there that the contestants are actors (which the 5th graders were in season 1), but who knows? It would be a shame if the show is “staged” as I really liked it.

3. Erin Holmes Says:
    May 18th, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Aww, dernit!
    I’m only in 6th grade, looks like I can’t do the audition. =[
    Any other auditions?
    Anyone know where to find Disney auditions?

4. Erin Holmes Says:
    May 18th, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Aww, dernit!
    I’m only in 6th grade, looks like I can’t do the audition. =[
    Any other auditions?
    Anyone know where to find Disney auditions?

5. Joy Says:
    May 31st, 2007 at 7:58 pm

How do you become an adult contestant on the show “Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?”

6. James P Coughlin Says:
    June 6th, 2007 at 11:37 am

I’m smarter than any fifth grader alive. And most 8th graders, too.

How do I go about proving it.

7. Tammy Finwall Says:
    June 8th, 2007 at 12:45 am

How does an adult become a contestant on the “Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader” game show?

8. Yaina Smith Says:
    June 12th, 2007 at 1:47 pm

Like many others I am trying to find out how to apply for the show “Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader”. My brother would very much like to on this show and alsway answers correctly. Can someone please help me?

9. Herod Parks Says:
    June 17th, 2007 at 4:42 pm

I am a US Army Veteran ( 1976-1997) for 21 years. I remember most things I have learned in High School. Please allow me the privilege of becoming a “Contestant” on your show anytime from 06/18/07. I’ll pay my own passage to California.
    Home tel. # 270-351-1226 (anytime )

10. Judy Stanley Says:
    July 20th, 2007 at 4:13 pm

I would like to know how to apply to be a contestant on Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader. It’s a shame that you do not announce when audtitions are open, like they used to do on the Millionaire Show. Please post when auditions will be open and when they will be open. I hope that some of the comments that contestants are really actors is false!

Thanks
    Judy Stanley

11. Bob Young Says:
    September 26th, 2007 at 8:50 am

I went to the link in the article and found a link for contestant applications:

Comments