May 05, 2007 07:45 AM by Joe Blackmon

Blake_chris_bestfriendsOne of the most memorable moments of this Idol season so far was when
best friends Chris Richardson and Blake Lewis stood on stage awaiting
the elimination announcement.  Both expressed their willingness to go
home for the other and their excitement that no matter what they would
be going on tour together this Summer.

In a recent media conference call, Chris Richardson explained how he and Blake Lewis became so close. “It started in Hollywood week,” said Richardson.  “It was just one of those things where you just sort of click with somebody.  Me and him had a lot of common with music taste and music style, personality traits, and loyalty to friendship.  So it was just one of those things where we just bonded.”

Part of Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson’s friendship included giving each other advice on song choices and arrangements.  Richardson said “Blake really did a lot of stuff on his own.  He would ask for my opinion on things, and I would always tell him.  In song choices, we would always go over song choices, but, really, Blake did his thing and I did my thing.  He would always ask for my opinion, but really, it was all on him.  He’s very talented at what he does.  Best of luck to him.”

Even though it might have seemed cruel to viewers at home for American Idol producers to match Chris Richardson up with his best friend Blake Lewis during the eliminated, Richardson understood why they did it.  Richardson explained “They’ve got to make a good television show.  They’re smart producers and they know what will shock people and what will get people interested in the show.  Whatever way, they did it.  If they were to let me go with someone else, it would have been just fine, too.”

While the two best friends waited on stage, Richardson revealed “We were singing a song that we had wrote that we used to just laugh and joke about.  I was just telling him to go ahead and sit down because I knew I was going home and he was staying.”

When Chris Richardson did finally hear his name called as the one going home, it came as no shock to him.  Richardson said “Me and Phil came to peace with the fact that we thought we were going home.  When he called me and Blake’s name, I knew I was going home.  You start to put pieces together.  I looked around.  I seen the band setting up, and the guitar player grabbing a 12 string guitar, and I’m the only person with a 12 string guitar, so you put it together.”

Richardson continued “I just think that if you go out there and you prepare for the worst, and hope for the best, I think you’re not so much let down.  For me, just like I’m sure everybody knows by now, that Blake is my best friend, I was glad to go and him to be in my place.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol
and SirLinksALot: Chris Richardson.

Topics: American Idol |

22 Responses to “American Idol Finalist Chris Richardson Talks About His Friendship With Blake Lewis”

1. marisa Says:
    May 5th, 2007 at 1:01 pm

i love them both!!
    they’re so cute, sexy and hot!!!
    why did america separated them!!!
    and for next week as it has always been, it’s shocker time!!
    season 1 it was tamyra, season 3 latoya, last season it was chris, the top 4 results show from this past seasons always came on shocker and it wouldn’t surprise me if one of the divas is gone!!

2. Anonymous Says:
    May 5th, 2007 at 3:20 pm

Jordin will win. Blake 2nd.Melinda 3rd.Lakisha 4th

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 5th, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Awww that’s so sweet.

4. brianne Says:
    May 5th, 2007 at 5:35 pm

they remind me of Bo Bice and Constantine Maroulis and Chris Daughtry and Ace Young. When this is all over, i hope they tour together. In the meantime, i’ll try to catch them on the Idol tour.

5. BLAKE FOR THE FINALS Says:
    May 5th, 2007 at 10:14 pm

I adore these guys, they brought so much creativity and originality to the show…something it has really been lacking. Who cares if someone can hit some huge note if they aren’t doing anything creative? The girls have nice voices but they never take any risks or challenge themselves in any way, Blake is so much more interesting because he doesn’t walk a straight line. I sincerely hope he makes it to the finals because a Jordin/Melinda finale would put everyone to SLEEP. Their styles are the same so where’s the exictement? I don’t think he will win but if he makes the #2 spot I will be happy so please vote for him guys…the finale needs Blake.

6. wuz up Says:
    May 6th, 2007 at 9:17 am

nlake need z to win……..or iam not watching AI any more…..i mean last year chris didnt win…..yyyyy….and also iam a huge fan of chris ………i cried when he left…..he rocks….and blake and chris look good together…..both ultra cute

7. wuz up Says:
    May 6th, 2007 at 9:19 am

8. wuz up Says:
    May 6th, 2007 at 9:23 am

*blake

9. cobbi Says:
    May 7th, 2007 at 3:53 am

Its either Jordin or Blake but of course Melinda is still there. Lakisha would have to go next week if not it would be like Season 3, boring.

10. dee Says:
    May 7th, 2007 at 10:14 am

Someone need to keep the finale from becoming a SNORE FEST,…Please VOTE FOR BLAKE for the Finale. I don’t necessarily think that winning AI is in Blakes best interest–BUT, what he will bring to the Finale is worth every single minute. I can only hope more people feel the same.

11. Donna Lane Says:
    May 7th, 2007 at 5:59 pm

There is something about this that I find disturbing and is VERY VERY VERY VERY STRANGE.

12. lauren Says:
    May 11th, 2007 at 9:41 am

I am a huge fan of chris. i absolutly love him. he is so good. I hope that he gets contracts so i can buy his CD’S when they come out. Thats cool that chris and blake became best friends during american idol too.

13. Kenny Says:
    May 15th, 2007 at 8:37 am

It’s just soo nice if Blake & Chris R go to final, coz both them are soo talanted and very different from the rest and any other Idol from season 1 to 5.
    But since Chris already out, hopefully Blake win this year American Idol coz he the only one American Idol that had that beat-box talent. This time it should be different from past winner where there is too much of R&B winner and it’s quite boring & sterotype

14. Jamie Says:
    May 15th, 2007 at 12:48 pm

I love blake he is so cute and amazing at what he does even if he doesnt win i think him and Jordin should be in the Final. SO everyone vote for Blake:-]

15. michele Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 7:30 pm

i have a friend named kelsey and she would do anything just to meet Chris Richardson. she is such a sweet girl and if anyone could help get them in contact with each other that would be AWESOME!!! help make this ladies dreams come true!!!! xoxo :-)

16. KAT Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Blake is HOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! and SEXYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! OMG Even if he didnt win american idol he will be FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!

17. KAT Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 8:14 pm

18. wuz up Says:
    May 30th, 2007 at 3:11 am

ok….iam in love with CHRIS RICHARDSON…and blake….plz if someone has chris s contact no or email id plz give it….i love tht guy…..but i knew he wouldnt win….oh well…i like jordan

19. wuz up Says:
    May 30th, 2007 at 3:13 am

and blake and chris r are HOT…a blake and chris finale would be amazing

20. me Says:
    June 2nd, 2007 at 9:17 am

blake is so cute…dude y ditn he win AI and chris R is also adorable…they r so not gay….am i the first pakistani to like them…..i love u CAKE

21. WUZ UP Says:
    June 2nd, 2007 at 9:18 am

no ure not da first pakistani….iam in love wih both of them….they r hot

22. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says: