American Idol’s Nicest Final Four Ever

May 08, 2007 07:45 AM by Joe Blackmon

An age old tradition on American Idol is for viewers to try to
discredit any other Idol finalist besides their favorite.  However,
there is a major problem with this year’s American Idol final four
finalists.  They might very well be the nicest, most squeaky clean
finalists in Idol history.

None of the final four Idols have had any embarrassing arrest records surface.  None of them come across as conceited, selfish or arrogant.  They all seem to be genuinely nice people, so there is relatively little for viewers to find to fault about them.

Melinda Doolittle might be the nicest finalist in the history of Idol.  She always seems humbled by the praise she receives from the judges and not even a hint of backtalk has ever crossed her lips.  Melinda is one of the best singers to ever grace the Idol stage, but even more amazing is that she doesn’t appear to have let that fact go to her head even in the least little bit.

Lakisha Jones might be one of the most likable finalists in the history of Idol.   As tears streak down her face after every elimination, it’s apparent that she really cares about the other finalists.  She’s the type of person that one can’t help but hope she does well, and her ability to survive even when many have predicted her elimination has only strengthened her in the eyes of many viewers.

Jordin Sparks might be one of the most professional younger finalists in the history of Idol.  She is like the All-American girl next door.  Her father played professional football, and she toured with Christian contemporary singer Michael W. Smith.  The fact that Ryan Seacrest played a cruel joke by saving her until last on the non-elimination show also won her the sympathies of many viewers.

Blake Lewis might be one of the most original finalists in the history of Idol.  Blake appears to be a trustworthy guy who has earned the friendship and respect of his fellow contestants.  His willingness to take risks has also earned him the praise of the judges and the support of many viewers.

It’s really hard to find a reason to root against any of the final four American Idol finalists.  No matter who wins it’s going to be a nice girl or nice guy.  It will be interesting to see how the lack of a villain affects the ratings of American Idol.  Will people still watch when there’s no one to rally against?

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

24 Responses to “American Idol’s Nicest Final Four Ever”

1. Jo Anne Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 8:43 am

The final four are all good in their own way, but my choice for the next “American Idol” would have to be Jordin Sparks. She is a beautiful person all the way around. She has a beautiful voice and always has that sweet smile. She may be young, but in my opinion, she is an AMERICAN IDOL.
    Carrie Underwood was the perfect American Idol as well.Good luck Jordin, I’m pulling and voting for you !!!!

2. spoogy Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 9:16 am

You know what yes, Jordin may always have a beautiful smile, but it not always about beauty. The world always look at beauty. Each and everyone of us are beautiful in our own way, even the person that made the comment about Jordin. But we should not be hung up on looks. You can be the one that don’t have all the qualification and sing your a– off so if he or she not pretty then you should not be the AI. The last four contestant can sing. I am not looking at look, color or agenda. I am listing to their voices and what they can present to me. So good luck to each one of them and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. When god made us in his image he said my work is completed and everything that I have made is good.

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 9:23 am

come on american let’s do what’s right and get rid of melinda tonight! go blake and lakisha!!

4. Anonymous Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 10:57 am

ahhh….i think ur by urself on that one dude. Melinda WILL be one of the final two. You can count your LIFE on that.

5. BlakerGirl Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 11:39 am

Um I’m in the Blake camp too…Melinda may be the big “shock” elimination because Simon already declared Jordin the winner and you know how that goes…

6. marisa Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 12:15 pm

i think melinda will be the shocker elimination of the season as it was with chris daughtry last season

7. Anonymous Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 2:44 pm

Actually Jordin IS arrogant. She’s a stuck up 17 year old and I think the fame has gotten up to her head.

8. Don Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 5:08 pm

Well the time has come for the last mediocre performer, Blake Lewis, to be eliminated so we can make room for the best three singers! Melinda, Lakisha, and Jordin will all be in the final three because they deserve to be there. They are all the complete package and genuine on stage. Melinda will win no doubt in the end but I wish I knew who was going to join her in the finale: Jordin or Lakisha?

9. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 5:30 pm

Lakisha is going to be the Rick Santorum of Idol-I see her going home tomorrow.

My predictions:
    4. Lakisha-likley goner, she better hope Melinda suffers the Daughtry Effect.

3. Blake
    2. Jordin-runner-up
    1. Melinda-winner-unless she pulls a Kathleen Blanco.

10. Sal Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 5:55 pm

Stop listening to the judges favorites, let’s get rid of Melinda…she will never be a successful recording star!!! Blake is the winner of this season, he is in another league.

11. Love that Lakisha Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 5:56 pm

VOTE FOR LAKISHA SHE IS THE BEST VOCALIST LEFT IN THE COMPETITION!!!

12. Love that Lakisha Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 5:58 pm

How i want it to go:
    melinda tonight
    jordin
    lakisha & blake in the finale with blake winning rightfully so

how it probably will go
    lakisha tonight
    blake
    melinda and jordin in the finale with shrek taking the title, sadly

dont let it happen vote for blake and lakisha!!

13. Anonymous Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 7:13 pm

Physically only Blake is the winner of AI. Artistically, Melinda wins the title.

14. c Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 7:25 pm

WOOOOOWWWWW!

So far tonight after 3 perfomances – THEY B L O W!!!!!!

yuck!

15. nichole Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 7:39 pm

I truly believe the finale should be between jordin and blake. jordin because she has the full package, looks and charm along with most important voice.
    Blake because, let’s face it, he is the only person out of the four you could really see being around for a while, he has the ability to write his own music as well as sing it, he has what it takes to be really good in the music industry.
    Melinda is getting annoying, and I think others may feel the same way, and Lakiesha never changes her styling, all her songs sound the same. and she isn’t the type of voice you think about listening to on the radio. My grandparents listened to her style of voice.
    Everyone has a right to their own opinion, that’s mine.

16. cobbi Says:
    May 8th, 2007 at 11:12 pm

The Final 4 deserved to be there, but of course only one will be declared a winner. As for my opinion, I would love to see Jordin and Blake in the Finals. Sure Melinda and Lakisha has the best two vocals but its not the only thing, it should be the total package. Maybe you noticed why Melinda took so long in joining AI, because she knows she doen’t have the total package and same with Lakisha. As for Jordin, she maybe young but already ripe for stardom (remember Britney? she was only 17 when she became a Pop Princess).

17. J-Mu Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 1:04 am

Listen here,

The top four American Idol Finalists are all truly gifted and talented in their own unique way. Yes, I believe that Jordin Sparks has the most commercial appeal in addition to her dynamic stage presence; however, both Melinda and LaKisha are outstanding singers and Blake’s originality and musical ear is out of this world.
    Therefore, all 4 should each be crowned! But America decides what they truly want in a Popstar!
    As for me, when the competition’s all over, I’ll buy each one of their albums!!!!!!
    I Love the Fantastic Four

18. J-Mu Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 1:04 am

Listen here,

I Love the Fantastic Four

19. Anonymous Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 3:21 am

Lakisha as most likable? Not quite. She has only ever come across as arrogant and seemingly ‘better than this competition’ to me. She has hardly shown any personality aside from these things in my opinion. She has a nice voice but I can’t imagine that she would actually be successful if she won. America roots for the idols whose personalities they love, sometimes even more than voice. Her arrogance is the reason she’ll be knocked out next.

20. wayne Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 3:38 am

ladies and gentlemen and some of those harsh bad comments.do not forget it is a singing performance competition……remember this….now and future…..like some competition….some people got second place but in the industries he or she make it success.same in idol.u should say…jordin has the whole package then pick her….unfair without comparing the performance.
    still, is your idol…like no need rational one….haha!

21. wayne Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 3:52 am

other people are working on their dream and we are like critisizing them…i have this razy idea….let have all of us go and audition…(sadly,me no american)see how bad we are in others eye……….
    these peple like lakisha have poor life and Melinda have less confident because they know that they are not star-celebrity category. ya ya blake and jordin looks better and cooler.
    i want them to be successful in the future……….like blake,melinda…….lakisha and jordin.

22. Nancy Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 7:19 am

but my choice for the next “American Idol” would have to be Jordin Sparks

My choice is JORDIN tooooooo

23. mariyah Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 12:13 pm

they r all wonderful. I believe they’l all make it. i wont be happy if Melinda does not emerge as the winner.Jordin is the total package but i’m after quality.

24. MARIAH CAREY Says:
    May 9th, 2007 at 3:14 pm

Blake will sell CD’s, Melinda will have a career like Taylor Hicks. DOA. Jordin could be the black Celine Dion *yawn* but Blake will be the one that people pay $275 to see in concert. He’s like Michael Jackson, Eminem and Simon Lebon all rolled into one. All I know is that if it’s an all black top3 ya all need to STFU with this crap about idol being “racist”.

Comments