American Idol Results – The Final Two Are…

May 16, 2007 01:15 AM by Joe Blackmon

Will it be Melinda Doolittle & Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis &
Melinda Doolittle, or Jordin Sparks & Blake Lewis in the American Idol finale?  If Simon Cowell
has his way, then Melinda Doolittle will definitely be one of the final
two.  When Ryan Seacrest quizzed the judges on who should make it into
the finale after the American Idol top three performance show, Simon
Cowell said “I want to see my girl Melinda in the final.”  When
Seacreast asked about anyone else, Cowell did not answer, which likely
means he didn’t have an opinion or care who else made it.

Randy Jackson on the other hand did name his two selections for the finale.  Randy Jackson said “I think it’s going to be two girls, man, if it’s based on singing.”  Paula Abdul as expected refused to give her choices.  Abdul said “I think it’s the first season where I think all three are so diverse I’m not going to say anything.  I think you’re all great.”

One thing is for certain.  After a dreadful Bee Gees theme night for the American Idol top four last week, the remaining three finalists definitely bounced back this week.  All three had good nights, which means whoever leaves will leave on a high note.  In fact, the strong performances from all three left American Idol viewers very split on who should make the finale.  If the diverse opinions on the American Idol message board are any indication, then this could be one of the closest Idol votes in history.

While DialIdol.com shows Melinda Doolittle in a comfortable lead, the margin of error is still within the range that she could be voted off.  DialIdol.com also shows Jordin Sparks as having a slight lead over Blake Lewis, but the scores are so close it really could go either way.

Of course whether Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks makes the final two might not matter much if they wind up going against Melinda Doolittle.  Melinda Doolittle has been one of the most consistently strong performers in the history of American Idol, and she at this point looks unstoppable.  Even though anything can happen on American Idol, either Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks would likely have to have the performances of their lives to deny Melinda Doolittle the American Idol crown.   Post your predictions for the final two on American Idol in the comments section below.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

83 Responses to “American Idol Results – The Final Two Are…”

1. meevee Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 1:49 am

Hey, Melinda isn’t untouchable; she messed up the lyrics in 2 of her songs! In her third song, she mumbled the entire second line! In her third song, she made another mistake near the end when she starts to sing “city” but then promptly stops when she realizes she is wrong. I think a bit of her praise was undeserved.

2. elaine Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 2:14 am

I am not saying Melinda isn’t good but you couldn’t compare her “I believe in you and me” version to roller girl Ebony Jointers from Friscos to her version of I believe in you and me.Ebony has the true Whitney Houston voice,not Melinda.Randy should have picked a better song.Blake is very talented and so is Jordon for her age.Melinda is good but not fantastic.Will be interesting……

3. tsholo Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 2:30 am

the final two with no doubt are melinda and jordin, and the american idol title goes to melinda for sure, the gal can sing.

4. Big "D" Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 3:42 am

Melinda should have been voted off many weeks ago. She is talented but a professional. She does not look like an American Idol and will have a limited sales audience. Blake should have been voted off many more weeks ago. He cannot sing with any depth, he is goofy looking and I just do not get how the judges have been so deaf and blind. Jordin is spectacular – yes she is young(her voice has time to mature and watch out for that improvement on an already incredible voice)but has so much more to give as an American Idol than either of the two mentioned before. She will capture the young and instill respect of the young to the older generations. She represents all that is America in a very wholsoem package! Jordin will be the next American Idol!

5. edge Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 4:33 am

Its gonna be melinda – jordin for sure! And melinda will be american idol 2007! Whoa! Jordin should go back to school first, she still needs education just like melinda.

6. Werner Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 4:39 am

Jordin realy blew me away with her performance of “Bon Jovi’s” Livin on A Prayer and surely deserves to be crowned American Idol 2007! Blake on the other hand is also a strong perfomer so which ever one of them takes the crown, I’ll be buying both albums when they come out. Werner Brand….South Africa

7. jill Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 4:46 am

When did consistency become the main criteria for choosing an idol???

Melinda is good, but she’s not great.

8. jill Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 4:46 am

When did consistency become the main criteria for choosing an idol???

Melinda is good, but she’s not great.

9. Penda Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:04 am

I think everyone at this point knows who is going to be crowned the next American Idol. Give it up for the BIGGGG DOOLITTLE. Melinda certainly has no rival here. Sorry Jordin, u haven’t got what it takes to win. you are good but not great. Blake, u r more of an entertainer, not an IDOl. congrtas in advance MELINDA!!!!!!

10. justme Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:06 am

Melinda is not real..she doesnt have a story, she is almost too perfect..!! SO SHE SINGS WELL SO WHAT?? she doesnt make me emotional, she is like some robot sho can sing really well and can sing really well over and over again! she is so fake, notice how she is always the loner, distancing hereslf from the rest and how she is the last one to cry about anothers depature… unlike taylor hicks or the passionate fantasia she has no reality… i want her out she is not an american idol,,,she hasn’t struggled to make it this far..she just sings really well. but so what??

11. joey Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:38 am

to the person who said melinda has no history or story, so what? carrie was a boring country girl, and look who and where she is now. just because someone is not within your taste doesn’t mean they’re bad or shouldn’t win american idol. people are so biased nowadays it’s unbearable.

12. Lamont'e Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:43 am

And the winner goes to Melinda Doolittle..First of all the woman is blessed w/ the gift she has. She is an anointed woman of God..Tell you all the truth Blake and Jordin are good singers but Melinda has it.She prove herself lastnight that she can range her voice to any note and can go higher if she wants too. She is the American Idol of 2007..It’s the DOOLITTLE(MELINDA)

13. christine Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:45 am

i think blake is amazin…. hes different…hes beatboxin is amazin… and despite wat people might think he is a talented singer… i think jordin should go she is soo young her voice is gd but i think she needs more training and in a few yrs time she could be a big star.. and melinda messed up all 3 of her songs last nite soooo :)

14. Lontiya Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:46 am

Well…Melinda caaaan sing but will she be the ideal idol???i dont think so, the idol gots to be young, melinda got it going on but Jordin is the idol here..as much as i love the boom box n his unique talent…sorry bro blake..
    JORDIN for IDOL!

15. TO Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 6:07 am

Melinda – Sorry. An Idol she is not.

Blake, time to go you little snot.

When all is said and the votes are done.

Jordin Sparks will be number 1.

16. zack Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 6:41 am

This year’s finalists were exceptionally strong–much stronger than last year. Melinda is the best of this crop though.
    She has an unbelievable voice and range. She knows music well and deserves to win.

17. Nathley Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 6:49 am

Malinda is my american idol.
    And the winner is DOOLITTLe
    she got what it takes, age is just a number
    Jordin go back to school you have time

18. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:00 am

Not even close. Melinda Doolittle is the next great entertainer this generation will see in a long time. The woman can sing any type of song. She is a very gifted person. This contest from the beginning was only for second place.I give tremendous credit to both Blake and Jordin (Only 17)and both will do well, but the competition is over!!!

19. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:00 am

20. sara Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:05 am

You say Melinda doesn’t look like an American Idol. What does an American Idol look like? That is what is not right about America voting. They vote looks and personality, not talent. Doesn’t matter what the girl looks like. She can sing. Look at Atretha Franklin. She doesn’t look like an American Idol either. Talent!!!Vote talent..

21. terry112 Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:10 am

What is old about 28? Melinda is just about the right age. Jordan is good, but 17 is young. Blake is sickening, I’m sorry. He’s like Phil, you don’t have to like him, he likes himself enough for all of us. Amazing? I don’t think so. All the little girls seem to like him and rightfully so. Anything to a 13 year old is attractive in male form. Look at Paula. She’s about 13 now isn’t she?

22. Tanya Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:11 am

well…this season it doesnt really mattters, who wins!american idol winner should have the entire package and melinda is too technical a singer and for some reason i dont think she connects too well with the youth.i am not biased towards her because of her age or anything…but she just tooo plain without her technically perfect singing!just a thought!and among the other two…well they are so ordinary…blake has sooo started to overdo the beatboxing thing and is on my last nerve…and well jordin..is too whiney with the singing at times!so…this season….it really doesnt matter,it been so *YAWN*

23. bailey Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:15 am

Every year there is someone different. Taylor was voted for personality. Carrier has moved on. Let’s focus on this year. Taylor hasn’t done anything. I didn’t figure he would. Blake reminds me of Taylor. He will soon beatbox out and Melinda will still be singing because she can sing anything. 28 years old is not old. Certainly more mature than Jordan and Ding Dong.BLAKE GO FAR AWAY!!!!If I never see his sickening mouth again I will be happy.

24. Sheri Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:28 am

Sorry,,,I’m not a Melinda fan,,,I think for some reason Simon overrates her big time!!! I love Jordan,,,she’s got the personality and an amazing voice which will develop even more. I’m not big into the beatbox that Blake does,,,,but once again at least he has personality and doesn’t leave me with the feeling of “fake” that Melinda has for weeks!

25. Terry Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:38 am

Melinda is in a league of her own. She doesn’t look like an idol though. If they vote her off tonight, she will have record producers after her. That will open the door for Blake and Jordin, and give them a better chance. Good luck guys!!

26. ChrisV Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:40 am

To Tanya, who said “Taylor hasn’t done anything”: I think you need to look at his tour sales. Every single venue has sold out….many at hundreds (yes hundreds!) of dollars per ticket. And I bought his CD wondering if that wonderful onstage presence could translate into audio only, and it does. It’s a really good CD.
    As for this year I’m lovin’ both Melinda and Jordin, but Blake is a one-trick-pony.

27. Amber Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 8:05 am

for the next american idol, blake has got it, hes talented, hott and he can sing, melinda can sing so can jordin, but they wont be the next idol blake will holla

28. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 8:58 am

First of all, this sentence in the main article is nonsense “While DialIdol.com shows Melinda Doolittle in a comfortable lead, the margin of error is still within the range that she could be voted off.” If she could be still voted off in their prediction, then the lead is not comfortable!!!!!

First of all, my prediction for the biggest eventual star is Jordin, then Blake, then Melinda. Blake will be the biggest out of the box, but Jordin will eventually surpass them all. She’s perhaps the best under 20 contestant the show has ever had, and when she matures both vocally and otherwise, she will run circles around all previous finalists except maybe Kelly and Carrie.

But she won’t win. (but see cavaet below).

Blake will find stick with his genre and do better out the chute than anyone else this year. He’ll have a solid career. But he won’t win this — to perform at the level it takes to win next week, he’s got to slip into his limited genres. If he tries to appeal broadly, he has short comings. If he sticks with what he does best, he doesn’t appeal broadly enough to win, though he may be the best.

Melinda — excuse the pun, but she’s technically great but lacks “spark”. She shows a hint of it when she does songs you can imagine Tina Turner did — she’s got the voice for that, but will the personality come out? Stage presense is lacking. But she could win this.

next week will be Melinda and … I’ll go with Blake but I won’t be shocked if it is Jordin and I really hope it is Jordin.

The winner next week will be Melinda, because a Southerner has won this every year and this year won’t be different. (The winners have come from TX-AL-NC-OK-AL so far) Add TN to the list of states represented!

The caveat — what has been missing this year is the home run ball. The one performance (good one) that creates the water cooler buzz. Blake hit a couple of triples IMO, and Melinda hits doubles all the time, but no really homers. And the home runs in the past weren’t in the last week in the past. Maybe this will be good timing, as the last two years the home runs weren’t hit in the final week and others rallied after that (classic example of home run — Bo Bice’s acapella performance in the round of three two years ago).

If a home run is hit next week, if someone gambles and hits big in the final show, then this is a new ball game … and Melinda, if she isn’t the home run hitter, doesn’t win. Thus though I predicted Jordin and Blake can’t win, pull off that big risk and knock it out of the park …

29. val Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:03 am

I said at the beginning that the final three would be Melinda, Jordon, and Blake. I also said that the final two would be Jordon and Melinda and I still believe that the winner will be Melinda- but hey the good news is that often the 2nd place winner makes a bigger name for themselves then the first place winner. Take Reuben and Clay for instance. I think this may be the case with this season as well. I think Melinda will produce some nice gospel type album or jazzy album but will not be hitting any billboards top ten hits. She has a lot of talent( yes I think she deserves this praise) but I am not so sure of her ambition and her entertainment capabilities- she lacks a showmanship and little has been done to develop this. All the producers and judges, and even the singing professionals have only focused on her talented voice- they seem to think that it will be enough to win her the title( and they are probably right) but will it win her a long lasting fan base? I doubt it. I wish someone would help her develop her showmanship. She is one of those stand still singers( this maybe okay for a studio but does nothing for stage).
    Jordon and Blake both have promising careers. I personally like Jordon’s style much more and think that her voice will only grow and expand as she matures and this will improve the quality even more- she will be great. Blake has a style and is a great entertainer- I loved what he did with songs to make them his own- I think this is where his power lays- no he does not have the best voice and perfect pitch and tone- but then neither do a whole lot of stars we all listen to on the radio- John Mayer said in one interview that if he was on AI he probably wouldn’t make it because his range and ability to do all genres in perfect pitch is not there. In short I think all of the contestants who made it so far are great and will be successful

30. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:20 am

I have info from Dial Idol and they are standing by the final results of the voting:

1. Melinda-29.67 percent

2. Jordin-27.74 percent: winning Arizona and California, plus New Mexico and Colorado were HUGE, she’s likely the Runner-Up.

3. Blake-27.15 percent-LAST PLACE-he is toast tonight because Dial Idol says he lost his home state and plus LaKisha’s fans saved Jordin’s skin like Daughtry’s fans saved Katharine last year and put her in the Final 2 over the resurging Elliot instead.

31. Joanne Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:22 am

Last night it was Melinda who remained consistant throughout the competition and even showed us more range and ability last night (she will make a fortune in front of the spotlight)…Jordin is phenominal but I don’t think she is the one for the top two (A little young and her stage presence has not appeared comanding yet. Blake is unique, fun, willing to take chances and will sell records like crazy…So I call Melinda and Blake…with Melinda winning. In reality they all win if they play their cards right…

32. rhonda Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:27 am

Someone made the comment that Melinda hasn’t struggled to get anywhere. What does that mean? Are you saying that Jordin, with all of her life advantages, has struggled? That’s funny! I wish I had to deal with growing up the daughter of someone so famous and wealthy. I would have loved those “struggles.” Anyway, I think all three finalists deserve to be there. Although all season Melinda had been my favorite, Blake has now become my toss up for which one I want most to win. But, if Jordin wins, I wouldn’t feel bad because she has great vocal talent and will only keep getting better. All three have bright futures no matter what the outcome of this competition is.

33. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:29 am

wouldnt it be awesome if melinda went home tonight!? an actually practically perfect final two for once…

34. Nhung Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:33 am

Jordin iz goin home!For sure!She sang her third song tonite that so old 4 her ages.she got all this packet of an old woman!not rite!
    i think melinda gunna win cuz shes doin gud everi week!
    but Blake goin to have the brightest career!hes hip,kul,current!
    so the final two is blake lewis nd melinda doolittle!

35. mary jean Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:39 am

i just love MELINDA!!! she wil be d next american idol!!!

36. K Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:41 am

YOU DONT HAVE TO BE UGLY when you comment on anyone!

37. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:43 am

I’m still calling Melinda and Jordin in the Final 2 next week at the Kodak.

Dial Idol is 87 percent CORRECT when predicting who goes home, based on each contestant’s votes, as it showed Melinda in 1st-29.67 percent, Jordin in 2nd-27.74 percent and Blake in LAST place-27.15 percent.

ZabaSearch is LIKELY going to have the same results like Dial Idol, so Blake is a goner and headed back to Seattle.

38. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:46 am

They are all fantastic contestants each in their own way…Personally I love Blake…He’s an entertainer. Blake I am absolutley going for you :)

39. stephany Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:01 am

hey i think that blake should make it because i think that he is really good and i would really love to buy his cd if he came out with one !!!!!!!! Blake i am so voting 4 you

40. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:01 am

Jordan Sparks will win she is what an American Idol shouldbeMelinda is to old and a pro blake is ok.

41. stephany Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:01 am

42. Belle Book Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:12 am

As an unabashed Melinda fan, I think (and certainly hope) that Melinda will be our next American Idol! She’s got talent, she’s usually done well with her song choices, she’s Miss Consistency itself, she stands out from the other Idols, and she’s memorable. I like Jordin better than Blake, and if she gets to the finals, she’ll put up a fight, but I think Melinda will beat her.

So for me, IT’S ALL ABOUT MELINDA!

Belle Book

43. Jeffrey Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:23 am

People are going to like who they like. They’re all good in their own way and they’ll all do well after this is over.

44. dmc Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 11:11 am

I know Jordin and Melinda are better “singers”, but Blake is by far the more marketable and entertaining than either of the ladies. He is the only one who will appeal to the majority of music buying demographic…My 12 year old daughter who hasn’t really watched all season caught some most of last night. Her reaction…”Wow! Blake is awesome…loved his performance…and he’s cute, too”! Now, I’m not saying that Jordin and Melinda will not have a place in the music industry, but overall, Blake just appeals to the demographic American Idol looks to impress…even if Blake does not win, he will be signed and it wouldn’t surprise me if his album outsells either of the ladies (Chris Daughtry anyone-my daughter loves him too!)…Sometimes the winner is great for the show, but in the real world, the winner has to appeal the the record buying demographic. Jordin probably has a slight edge over Melinda in this department. Melinda’s a great singer, but look for her to slowly fade back into the background (Taylor Hicks anyone), unless they do something really radical with her to make her appeal to the younger set. IMO, she really appeals to an older market…not that that’s bad, but it will not translate into huge record sales long term.

45. Tanya Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 11:22 am

To chrisv,i didnt say anything about Taylor,eventhough i confess i am not one of his biggest fans!u need to take a look at the posts more carefully!anyway,now dat we have DAT settled,i dont think the American Idol winner is about selling records!the winner has to be able to connect with the audience.Melinda still looks very very uneasy with the kind of attention dat she’s been receiving.I know she’ll get more comfortable with time,but having said dat…she’ll still win!there’s not much to do!i just wish this season was more exciting,like last yr!unfortunately we had none of DAT!dere was too much of beatboxing,too much of chastising,patronising,favoritism and God knows wat not!so whoever wins…its really not gonna be very surprising…wat the hell!*rolling eyes*

46. RETARD AMERICANS Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 11:27 am

America gets it WRONG again. This is what happens when high school dropouts are allowed to vote. Anyone who knows anything about MUSIC knows Blake took the crown last night. Blake has consistantly taken big chances, pushed the artistic envelope and outperforms people with bigger voices. Jordin was boring with a capital B. Big voice, no stage presence and no artistry. Can you imagine going to see Jordin in concert? 2 hours of her standing there in some matronly dress singing one boring ballad after another. A Blake show would bring down the house. Melinda did a decent job on Nutbush. It should be Blake/Melinda in the final. instead the dolts vote for Jordin so the now the final will be two hours of Whitney Houston covers. Thanks morons.

47. Linda Bell Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 11:46 am

I think Melinda is a very good singer, but I can’t get excited about buying a ticket to her concert. Jordin is very enthusiastic and darling, just a sweetheart to watch. When I think of paying to see one of them live…well it would be Blake, I think he would be the most entertaining. To listen to on the radio, that would be tough. I am going to vote for Blake and Jordin for my top two.

48. Lori Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 11:48 am

I think Jordin will be the next Idol because she has great voice control and she is just gorgeous.
    Melinda is okay and Blake should leave.

Go For the Gold Jordin – You’ll make it!

49. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 12:29 pm

NONE of these girls would sale more CDs than BLAKE!!!
    he’s original and take risks, nor that those girls who always choose safe songs for them.

BLAKE SHOULD BE IN THE FINAL 2!!
    if not this would be the MOST BORING FINALE EVER!!!!

50. raych Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Obviously, the next Americal Idol is going to be MELINDA DOOLITTLE……. Last night she performed 3 different styles showing she can be versatile unlike Blake & Jordin they both performed w/ the same style no variety at all…. Everytime Melinda sings it’s like you’re listening to a recording album, no flaws just “PERFECT”!

51. Greg Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Milinda and Jordan are probably the best

52. ChrisV Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 12:48 pm

Sorry Tanya! You’re correct, it wasn’t YOUR post I was responding to…it was Bailey’s at 7:15AM.

53. Tina Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 1:22 pm

Blake is definitely one of the two finalists! The girls outshine each other – but Blake is different and stands out from the other two! I think the two finalists will be Blake and Melinda!

54. cheryle avery Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 1:23 pm

I DID NOT THINK MELINDA SHOULD BE ON IT TO BEGIN WITH. SHE WAS A BACKUP SINGER FOR ARRON NEVAL. SHE COULD MAKE IT ON HER OWN WITHOUT AMERICAN IDOL. ITS NOT FAIR TO THE YOUNGER ONES AND THE AMATURES. I HAVE NEVER CARED FOR BLAKE. I LOVE JORDIN SHE COULD BE THE NEXT ALICIA KEYS WITH THE RIGHT AGENT.

55. I do not care Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 1:42 pm

I do not care what happnes because I like them all, but I really want the top 2 to be Blake and Jordin. I LOVE MELINDA, BUT I THINK SHE IS GOING TO GET A CONTRACT SONNER!!!!

56. Final 2 Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 1:45 pm

I have always been a fan of Melinda and still is. I think she will win the title. To make a more exciting finale, I think it should be Melinda and Blake. Jordan has a beautiful voice but she cannot compare to Melinda’s talent which includes almost perfect voice control. Hats of to all of them because they all did well but I think the crown belongs to MELINDA!

57. Debbie Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 2:16 pm

I think Melinda should definitely get the title. She has sung consistently all the way through. Jordin and Blake are also very good. I’m sure they will all do well no matter what. Let’s give a big hand to all of the people who sang on American Idol this year. Thanks for great entertainment!!

58. Lucy Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 2:31 pm

I don’t know who’s going to win because when people can vote more than once, the really dedicated voters can swing the outcome. I wish Idol would come up with a format that allowed people to vote only once; that would be so much fairer.

I think Melinda is exceptionally talented and will have a great career whether she wins or not. Jordin is my favorite because in addition to having a beautiful voice, she has a beautiful, out-going personality. Also, I like that she is young and vibrant. Someimes I like Blake, but not always. I don’t see him as a great star. Though I love Melinda and her singing, I rather hope Jordin wins. But who knows….

59. Lucy Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 2:32 pm

60. Kat Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 2:53 pm

I think all three are great singers but I’m not sure if Melinda has that certain marketing appeal needed to sell records, she has more of a Tina Turner style to her. Jordan is young, pretty and has potential, as for Blake I always enjoy his performances. He has his own style and can pretty much make any song out there unique to himself. It’s hard to say who will be voted off next and who will win AI but I wish the best to all of them!

61. Kat Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 2:55 pm

I think all three are great singers but I’m not sure if Melinda has that certain marketing appeal needed to sell records, she has more of a Tina Turner style to her. Jordan is younger, pretty and has potential, as for Blake I always enjoy his performances. He has his own style and can pretty much make any song out there unique to himself. It’s hard to say who will be voted off next and who will win AI but I wish the best to all of them!

62. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Jordin’s has the best personality and great voice. She will win idol 07′. Melinda and Blakse are also very good and both will have good careers.

63. Sandra Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 3:37 pm

Blake should absolutely be in the final, he is multi-talented, he voice is great and creative(those who expect him to sound like Melinda and Jordin are ridiculous — he’s a guy!) and he arranges, writes music and beatboxes. He is a go-getter and has been a tremendous support to many of the Idols throughout this competition as they have said in interviews. I think Melinda has earned her spot in the final so it should be Blake and Melinda, but Jordin will do fine without being in the top 2 — and she needs to stop coming across as so fakey. I get so tired of people putting Blake down and trying to downplay all his talents. I am a singer, writer, pianist and producer and his gifts are apparent. And as for Taylor, I really liked him and his CD, and I still feel, down the road, he will rise to his fuller potential. Don’t count him out. Enjoy tonight and a shout out to Blake supporters and the writers at this website — it is one of my favorites.

64. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 4:32 pm

According to DialIdol, Blake will be eliminated. But since the votes between him and Jordin are so close and DialIdol is not always accurate, then that could mean Jordin might leave us tonight.

65. brianne Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 5:47 pm

This is the first time ever that i totally agreed with the top 3, so whoever makes it to the Finals, i’ll be happy. I really hope Melinda goes through. I think she should win the whole thing, but either opponent would be worthy of a face-off with her in the end,though. Jordin would make the Finale the closest and most evenly matched while Blake would make it the most diverse and interesting. But either way,it should be fun:p

66. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 6:11 pm

Jordin will make the finale very boring. If Melinda and Blake face each other off, then they would make the finale way more interesting.

67. Gerry Grant Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:21 pm

I agree after seeing Melinda Doolittle sing the Tina Turner song she has some real potential I did not hear before. She sings perfect, to perfect with not enough identity. Blake Lewis brings Blake Lewis on stage and that is original. Blake and either of the two girls would be very good as an American Idol result.

68. Gerry Grant Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Keep in mind all three have already won big time. Careers have been launched.

69. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:24 pm

Melinda and Jordin are boring. Melinda, aka Diane Warwick, aka Gladys Knight, aka on and on and on, is just boring. Her style of singing has been done to death. Yes she is good at it, but who cares! Jordin doesn’t have a very strong voice unless she is hitting power note.
    Blake is obviously the winner.

70. Random,Please Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 7:56 pm

Hello, everyone. I am predicting it will be a Melinda-Jordin finale, but I don’t know who will win. I think Jordin and Melinda are both awesome in their singing. I have mixed feelings about who should win, though. But let me just say that they are both great and there will always be more than one american idol for me!
    PS. We should all be nice when commenting. You can say who you don’t like, but let’s not be mean about it. As Mary Jean said, “Let’s not be UGLY when commenting about people!

71. Delani & Sydni Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 8:26 pm

Split decision between my daughters…younger loves the beatboxin’ Blake but my elder daughter (and I) both adore Jordin. She has an incredible range & sings way tougher songs than Blake. Melinda will be voted off tonight although I admit she is talented but we want a package deal and Jordin is all around champs with us. Not to mention we own 4 rental properties in her hometown of Glendale, AZ area. LOVE YOU!!!! Go GIRL!

72. kiki Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 8:45 pm

i’m sick of melinda’s oh i’m so surprised look! as if she doesn’t know that she can even sing! maybe she will get voted off tonight and america could all share in the dolittle “look” go blake go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73. kiki Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 8:46 pm

74. whatever Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:04 pm

to the people who say they like/love jordin, how can you even say that when you do not even know how to spell her name right? it is J-O-R-D-I-N.

whatever.

75. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:08 pm

American Idol Results Shocker – Melinda Doolittle Eliminated

76. Call me Anonymous 4rm Atl Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:11 pm

dat mess was fixed 2 weeks ago. lakeisha shoulda stayed & blake shoulda left. but bcus this show is fixed they voted her off & melinda, who should won. they couldnt stand it being 3 “african american” girls or 2 at the end. this show os fixed. i dont car who wins now melinda is gone & im not watchin it no more. blake shoulda been left. yea jordin shoulda been in the final 2 with melinda but who knows if she gots the votes. bcuz shes half white she stills here…. it is “american” idol… i bet melinda makes it better in the music buisness than both of them like simon said. if simon says u deserve to be in the final 2… u deserve it

77. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:17 pm

freakin unreal. Melinda is out over Blake. Melinda was robbed!

78. Anonymous Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:22 pm

HA! Melinda is gone! Pwned!

79. MELINDA SHOULDA WON Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 9:29 pm

MELINDA IS ONE OF THE BEST SINGERS IN AMERICAN IDOL HISTORY!!! QUIT HATIN!!! YALL SOME H8RZ & THIS SHOW IS FIXED!! POINT BLANK!! “AMERICA’S VOTES” YEA RITE. THEY SHOULD START SAYIN “THE PRODUCERS VOTED” CUS THATS HOW IT GOES…. DEN DEY ASKED HER 2 SING AGAIN… HA NOT ME PLAYA!!!

80. A. Miller Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:26 pm

What a travesty! Melinda got robbed! This was not based on talent! Despite this injustice, Melinda will prevail!

81. SunshineDay Says:
    May 16th, 2007 at 10:35 pm

It was easy to predict who was going home tonight because it was written all over Simon Cowell’s face all during the show. Personally, the judges should not be told ahead of time who is going home as was the case tonight.

82. Anonymous Says:
    May 18th, 2007 at 12:03 pm

I think the rite 2 poeple went 2 the final!!! I really hope Jordin takes it. She has worked hard!! I cant wait 4 her CD. You go girl!!!

83. www.lake-shore.co.uk Says:
    October 11th, 2007 at 9:55 am

When did consistency become the main criteria for choosing an idol???

Comments