American Idol Final Performance Show – Two Judges Call It For Jordin Sparks

May 22, 2007 08:18 PM by Joe Blackmon

Jordinsparks_nowTo kick off the American Idol final performance show, Ryan Seacrest
asked Paula Abdul about reports that she had broken her nose.  Paula
said she tripped over her dog Tulip but that the dog was fine, and
Seacrest quipped “So the bitch is ok, alright we’ve got it.”

Even though Seattle was criticized as the worst city ever for talent on American Idol, Seacrest pointed out that both the remaining two finalists and the the winners of the songwriting contest came out of Seattle.  In a taped segment, Blake Lewis won the coin toss, and he asked Jordin Sparks if she wanted to go first.  Jordin shook her head no, so Blake said he would go first.

For his first performance, Blake Lewis sang “You Give Love A Bad Name.”  Randy Jackson said “I give you a ten out of ten on the beatboxing, dawg.  The beatboxing was hot, you had the triplets going on with the drum thing.  The singing for me was just alright.”  Paula Abdul said “I wish I could give you more than a ten.”  Simon Cowell said “You’re not the best singer in the competition, but you are the best performer I think we’ve had.”

For her first performance, Jordin Sparks sang “Fighter.”  Randy Jackson said “It wasn’t your greatest entertainment thing, but your voice, you were stellar.”  Paula Abdul said “You were stellar, awesome.”  Simon Cowell said “I thought the vocals actually were a bit shrieky in the middle.”  Simon Cowell called round one for Blake, Paula Abdul called it a tie, and Randy gave the edge in performance to Blake and edge in vocals to Jordin.

For his second performance, Blake Lewis sang “She Will Be Loved.”  Randy Jackson said “Great song and a very nice vocal.”  Paula Abdul said “You sounded great.”  Simon Cowell said “It was good, it was safe, it wasn’t as good as the first performance, and I actually wouldn’t have chosen that song in the final, because I don’t think it makes that much of an impact.”

For her second performance, Jordin Sparks sang “A Broken Wing.”  Randy Jackson said “That was flawless, that was unbelievable, I think better than the original.”  Paula Abdul said “You are in great, great vocal voice tonight.”  Simon Cowell said “Now that was good.”

For his third performance, Blake Lewis sang “This Is My Now,” which is the song that won the American Idol songwriting competition.  Randy Jackson said “You did a pretty good job with it.  It was alright, you don’t have to feel that bad about it.”  Paula Abdul said “Even if it’s not the genre of music that you like or enjoy, I think you were in great voice.”  Simon Cowell said “I thought it was all a little odd to be honest with you, Blake.”

For her third performance, Jordin Sparks also sang “This Is My Now.”  Randy Jackson said “You were the best singer tonight.  You deserve it all, baby.”  Paula Abdul said “You’re an angel.”  Simon Cowell said “You just wiped the floor with Blake on that song.”

So who will win American Idol?  At least two of the American Idol judges seem to have a clear favorite, and the other probably has a favorite too but won’t admit it.  Randy Jackson said “I think Jordin wins the night.”  Paul Abdul said “They all end up winners, as you will see.”  Simon Cowell said “I would say the best individual performance of the night was Blake on the first song, but based on overall singing, Jordin.”  We tend to agree with Simon Cowell and think that the final original song was a better fit for Jordin and that is what voters will likely remember.  Our prediction is that Jordin Sparks will win American Idol 6, but as Paula says “They all end up winners.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol, Jordin Sparks |

92 Responses to “American Idol Final Performance Show – Two Judges Call It For Jordin Sparks”

1. Katrina Kipker Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:35 pm

i would like to ask the juges if they would come to Michigan please we never get chances to anything like this i think you would find alot of talent including me

2. Katrina Kipker Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:36 pm

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:49 pm

We have seen it before that the winner doesn’t always get the best. So it really doesn’t matter who wins, because the winner could also be a loser.

4. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:53 pm

I’m done watching this show. I’m not even going to see who wins tomorrow and just come to this website and check the articles. AI should be canceled.

5. missy Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:59 pm

I think jordan was great she brought tears to my eyes she was the best she is truely a american idol and she is a angel , you go jordan you are wonderful i think everybody was brought to tears with her performance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. MsMeka From Bmore Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:02 pm

I didn’t really like Blake at first, but now I see how original he is, and he is great. Jordin is an excellent singer, she has been around singing in many competitions. Overall, I think they will both seel many albums, that all different kind of people will buy. I really enjoed the song, “This Is My Now”, and I will buy it, whoever drops the single!

7. yellehs2 Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:05 pm

I’m a Blake fan, felt too bad about last song…it was obviously made for a ballad singer like Jordin. But then she doesn’t do so well out of her box either, the first song was not so good for her. Anyway, I think everyone had their minds made up on who to vote for before tonight. I cast my votes for Blake.

8. Idolfan Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:14 pm

Jordin is going to win Idol. Remember before the show even started Randy said that a curly haired person would end up winning the title. They already had their favorite since the beginning. I hope Blake wins!

9. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:18 pm

Jordin isn’t very good. Not good enough to win AI

10. Paris Houston Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:28 pm

I think both contestant’s were equally good,i think Blake is very orignal and is a awesome performer and reguardless if he wins or not. I think Jordan will win.Jordan in my opinion can be the next Celine Dion she has a awesome voice and great smile,her performance is not so good which will get better with proper training but that voice at 17 wow!incredible Jordan you are the next american idol good luck cause you have a amazing future ahead of you.Blake you will be on top as well,good luck to all…

xoxo,Paris Houston

11. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:43 pm

it is so obvious that the judges want jordin. how does that make blake feel. Jordin is a good singer so is Blake-so what will america do.

12. Ray Williams Jr Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:44 pm

I love Jordan sparks she has a wonderful voice. She is truley a Beautiful young lady she will represent well!!! GO JORDAN

13. Ray Williams Jr Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:45 pm

14. elyn Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:45 pm

Too bad Blake had to sing that last song. His other performances were fantastic, but the last song was not a good one for him to have to do. That was great of him to let Jordin decide who would go first–therefore who got to go last. I think that decision will turn around and bite him. I just hope he has a great future recording and performing, regardless of the outcome Thursday night.

15. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:46 pm

Jordin is no Celine,Barbara S. or Christina. It will be intresting to see how this will go. There are a number of gospel singers in my home town church that would blow Jordin out of the water. She is not that great and does not have the it factor or the looks or the figure.

16. glitzy657 Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:58 pm

I agree that Jordin is no Celine, Barbara, or Christina, but who knows? She’s only 17, she might improve with time, but I doubt she will ever be as good as them. As for all the Blake fans (of which I am one), winning may not be in his favor. American Idol is really geared toward pop singers, and they might push him into doing songs that aren’t really his style. I think he will be better off if he doesn’t win because he’s had national exposure and he will be able to go out there, get a contract, and write music that stays true to his style.

17. Doug Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:04 pm

I’ve thought Jordin was going to win it from the beginning of the season, though I was feeling a little torn last week between thinking Melinda “should” win and “wanting” Jordin to win. Of course, that dilemna was solved for me with Melinda’s too early departure – I like Blake and think he’s original, but this is Jordin’s win . . . hands down!!

18. Brenda Westbrook Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:04 pm

Blake is an ok singer, but he is not an original, beep bop went out in the 80′s. I’m going all the way for Jordin

19. Scott Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:05 pm

I think Jordin was far and away better than Blake this evening. She has been my pick to win for a long time, and I think she will win it all. Blake really sucked on the last song. I like the guy, but he is NOT as versatile as Jordin.

20. Tina Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:13 pm

Jordin is the best vocally, and since it is a SINGING competition, she should win. She is a gorgeous young lady with a lot of talent.
    My daughter has been in choir for the last 6 years, and always gets goose bumps when Jordin sings, although she wants to be a Blaker girl, too. haha She feels Jordin is the best singer and Blake the best performer. Good luck to both of them. They are both truly amazing artists and both will go far.

21. Jen Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:15 pm

whatever-I’ll tell ya what-Melinda should have won the whole damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joke!! Blake sucks!!!! But-Jordan ia a damn good singer!!I hope she kicks his ass!!!! Blake- go back to wear ever the hell ya came from!!

22. Carolyn Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:19 pm

I believe that the last song was chosen so that Jordin would look better. It was obviously a song for her and not for Blake. I am a Blake fan,however I just feel they are putting too much credit to Jordin. She is a good singer, don’t get me wrong, but it might not work out for the best for her to win. Hopefully, Blake will get a contract and will make a hit recording.

23. karin Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:22 pm

Blake is fantastic. Just because he didn’t do as well as Jordin on that last song doesn’t change how talented he is. Go Blake!!!!! I hope you are the winner wednesday. But, if you are the runner-up that won’t matter because you will still go far in the entertainment world. I think Jordin is good and you are better.

24. hwy Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:22 pm

Jordin will win but doesn’t have that good a voice–weird vibrato. I never heard her modulate to another key. Melinda Doolittle blew her out of the box every week as far as talent. Blake is okay but I wouldn’t play a CD of his if it were given to me. LaKisha was the next best singer. Sanjaya was better than Jordin or Blake as far as performance. He was the youngest in the show.

25. cobbi Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Jordin wins the season 6 AI hands down! From the very beginning, it was Jordin that I picked to win this season even with the best vocals around like Melinda and Lakisha. She’s already a star! With respect to Blake, he’s a good performer but this is singing competition and Jordin’s voice is much, much better than Blake. Let’s all be happy that after all, this season is not as bad as last season (with exceptions of McPhee and Daughtry).

26. totoo Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:32 pm

I loved Blake’s first song. I loved Jordan’s Last song. I think both of thier middle songs were kind of equal except Blake’s song may have been a little better. It could go either way but I think when Jordan was about to cry on the last song it could put her a little over the top. Some people may give her their vote because she seemed to get emotional over the lyrics…

27. Rhonda Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:38 pm

I think Blake got handed a bum deal with that final song. Talk about handing a perfect fit for Jordin and about the worst song possible for Blake! I have liked Jordin all season, but, after Melinda, Blake was my second pick. Jordin has a really good voice, but her voice just doesn’t ever make me feel like “wow!” Blake is a breath of fresh air.

28. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:45 pm

Blake did get a raw deal on the final song. The producers knew exactly what they were doing when they picked it. But, Melinda is still clearly the best singer. Jordin is not consistently in tune, and her voice does get a bit strident at times. She is good, and with training and editing will be excellent. Melinda is a natural and I will be waiting for her CD.

29. tim Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:56 pm

im so tired of people making excuses for someone not being able to preform a song very good, due to the fact that they were out of their element!!! we all know how the finale goes with the finale song, maybe he should have spent a little more time rehearsing it?? he just couldnt handle it so get over it!! this is a singing contest and he blew it!! maybe he should concentrate on more vocals instead of making wierd noises!! GO JORDIN!!

30. dominic Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:00 pm

American Idol had been producing a heck of balladeers for the past 5 years now! And I really can’t compare Jordin with the vocals of the past winners. I mean, she’s good but not quite. On the otherhand, Blake had revolutionized American Idol in a sense of freshness, originality, arrangement and of course beat boxing which hasn’t landed any American Idol to the Kodak Theater until now and as far as my opinion is concern, i want something new in American Idol and that is synonymous with Blake. The Non-mediocre American Idol! Go go Blake!

31. Jeff Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:04 pm

I am now 6/6 as far as having my favorite be in the final 2. I’m pretty sure Jordin is going to win this thing. I had a feeling from the final 12. Her range is amazing, and her power in incredible. Blake doesn’t even compare to her. As far as people comparing her to Melinda…that’s hardly fair. Melinda is 12 years older. That DOES make a difference because your voice matures over time. Someone above mentioned Jordin’s funky vibrato, and yeah they ARE right about that. She has a Carmen Rasmusen (season 2) and Christina Christian (season 1) thing going on. Still, Jordin is going to win. Even dialidol.com has her ahead by an overwealming majority. GO JORDIN!

32. Anonymus Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:06 pm

Just to let you guys know, America voted on the final song, not the producers. So please do STFU about the contest being rigged. All the Blake lovers are just jelous. Maybe you should have helped vote for the song you wanted to hear in the finale.

33. JP Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:12 pm

Blake should win this years compeition based on originality! C’mon Jordin…tired of the fake tears! Besides, there were many before you that were on the show…Kimberly Locke and Paris Bennett. We all know we don’t need another R&B singer or 17 year old pop star. Leave it to Christina, Jojo and Rianna. Jordin has way too much compeition in the market to ever be successful! Blake is the next big thing!

34. Melinda Radojevic Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:15 pm

I think the American public made a big mistake voting Melinda Doolittle off the show. She is a better singer than Jordin or Blake, hands down. Too bad the American public wouldn’t know talent if it came up and bit ‘em in the a–.

35. Melinda Radojevic Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:18 pm

I forgot to say that the last time the American audience made such a huge mistake voting off really great talent was Jennifer Hudson, now look at her– she rocks! So much for the American public knowing talent, as I said before…

36. Tim B Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:20 pm

The last song was a song written for a great singer. Since Blake isn’t a great singer he couldn’t pull it off. That’s how the competition goes. Jordan completely blew Blake out of the competition tonight. She took a song she never heard before and made it her own with only a few days of practice. Every song you’ve ever heard from Maria, Barbara etc. had months of practice and 20 takes behind it. Jordan will be one of Americas great vocalists.

37. Richman Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:20 pm

America picked that last song as the best out of thousands? SSHHEEESSHH. We need a song writing Idol. I agree with some of the comments here. That last song did favor Jordin but I don’t think it would have mattered who sang last in this case because Blake really would have looked bad singing his version after Jordin. I do know now why people didn’t vote for Kat last year when she sang circles around Taylor. I know Jordin is a better “vocalist” but she comes across a little fake and when the crocodile tears started flowing, that’s when I realized “WOW, Kat from last year”. I went to see Mama Mia tonight and watched AI on tape and I have to say that there were 4 or 5 singers on that stage that would have destroyed any Idol this year. Blake by a nose tomorrow.

38. mon Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:26 pm

Yeah, American Idol had produced 5 singers on the past 5 seasons.. It’s about time it produced a MUSICIAN.. even for once.

My American Idol is Blake Lewis.. The guy who redefined the word “IDOL” which is synonymous with the word “SINGER” for the past 5 years!

Let it be “MUSICIAN” this time.

I’ll be voting for Blake.

39. elaine Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:28 pm

Both were good.Jordin has the voice but Blake has the performance.I was disappointed in the finale.Where were the gospil singers we have every year?They should of made a bigger deal about the finalle.It should have been spectacular but it was just another show.Remember when it was Clay and Ruben?Clay was amazing with Bridge over troubled water.All those gospil singers.Remember Fantasia?One of Idol mistakes this year was they didn’t make it personal.They spent to much time with entertainers and not enough on the contestants.Why didn’t they go to their home town and do a live remote?That is what makes it so exciting.Maybe next year.

40. bean Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Voting for Blake for the way!!! There are too many “Jordin-like” singers out there. Who needs one more? Judging from singing abilites Melinda should have won hands down so can’t judge just from singing aspect. Blake is overall the best performer and is fresh and exciting to AI world!!! Go BLAKE!!!!!!!

41. Sparks Will Fly Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:30 pm

Jordin didnt do so good on Christina Aguilera’s Fighter. She blew me away when she sang A Broken Wing. And when she sang This Is My Now, I had a feeling she was going to win the whole thing. Everyone thinks the song was for Jordin but America chose the song. Blake fans should have voted for a different song. Also he cant really hit the notes that Jordin can. She is a way better sing, she has more range. GO JORDIN!!

42. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:34 pm

Melinda?? Are you serious? I never could understand what all the hype was, she sounds like everyother soulfull singer out there and looked like a Hippo! Jordin will win it hands down!

43. Deedee Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:37 pm

I think Blake deserves to be an American Idol. Too bad that last song as if wasn’t meant for him. It was definitely for Jordin. Ok.. Between Blake’s originality vs. Jordin’s range, I prefer Blake better coz hey I can find other singers with Jordin’s range easily but not Blake’s fresh songs. So, go Blake!!!

44. Deb Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:38 pm

Blake was an amazing gentleman asking Jordin whether she wanted to sing 1st and when she said NO..he offerred to do it! The last song he sang with enormous meaning and delivered it as though he wrote it from his heart! He walked the stage while singing, engaging with the entire audience, smiling during his vocals and truley being an entertainer! Although I really do like Jordin’s voice and she is a doll, I believe that she did not engage with her audience, she looked straight into the camera and almost looked mean at times and too serious and maybe even very nervous tonight….I did not see a nervous side of Blake tonight! He’s got my vote hands down! I adore him! Go Blake..you’ve been my vote from day 1 and I will absolutely come see you in concert SOON!!!!!!! (if I can get tickets before they sell out!!) You rock my friend!!!!

45. rhonda Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:42 pm

Well, Tim B, each to his or her own opinion. I agree that Jordin did better than Blake in the final song, but I think Blake did better than Jordin with the first song. That’s what makes the show so popluar. We all have the right to choose our favorites. If the final song had been perfect for Blake’s talents, I think he would have had the advantage over Jordin.

46. Mike Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:44 pm

Jordin is a STAR. 17 AND CAN ONLY GET BETTER WITH TIME. Come on people…..get real!! She was the best from the start.

47. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Jordin’s the best. America voted on the finale song and it was great! Jordin will win!

48. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:55 pm

For all of you that are saying that song was chosen for Blake, you all are just pissed he didn’t do well on it. The songwriter contest ended a month ago and the creators picked that song a couple weeks ago before finding out who the finalists are. That song was chosen because it is a journey song. It was unfortunate that it didn’t fit into Blake’s style but it showed he isn’t versatile. Jordin was able to make a believer out of the song and thats why she will win.

49. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:57 pm

EDIT: For all of you that are saying that song was chosen for Jordin, you all are just pissed that Blake didn’t do well on it. The songwriter contest ended a month ago and the creators picked that song a couple weeks ago before finding out who the finalists are. That song was chosen because it is a journey song. It was unfortunate that it didn’t fit into Blake’s style but it showed he isn’t versatile. Jordin was able to make a believer out of the song and thats why she will win.

50. Liz Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:03 am

hoever said that melinda look like a hippo needs to examine themself. First of all, you don’t know what a hippo look like so you should google it. The only reason that melinda was voted off is because she is not white or half-breed. It seemed that the only people who can make it in hollywood these days are the half-breed so called blacks like halie berry or blond haired fake brested white women. jordin cannot touch melinda with a thousand foot pole and it is because of people like you who judges someone for thier looks is why was voted off. Since she “look like a hippo” to you, what if she came to you and said “I don’t want to look like a hippo, can you make me look like you” what would you do, you have no F***** power to change the way someone looks so stop F**** talking about people looks. be happy with the way you came out and let her worry about her looks if she is unhappy. Blake should win because jordin is a spoiled brat with fake tears who always had what ever she wanted because of her wealthy day. she an kiss my A**, I will never spend a penny on her CD’s.

51. aspen1747 Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:10 am

I like Jordan. MICHAEL JORDAN. 6 Championships with the bulls…the best. oh are we talking about American Idol? oh its JORDIN. not JORDAN, haha. Who is she? I will vote for Carrie Underwood…but that’s season 4. How about Jasmine Trias…nah she’s season 3. Whatever! AI this year is super BORING. Nobody can beat season 2 and 4.

52. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:27 am

You guys are forgetting something VERY important here. Jordin has contacts, and she has had an unfair advantage since the beginning of the competition. Her dad is well-known, she has won awards and has modeled before. She pretty much has the whole industry on her side. I think that’s totally unfair.

53. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:55 am

Blake has more talent then Jordin. She is just ok.

54. shahidah Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:58 am

i think jordin will win the game based on the overall performance. jordin deserve to be an american idol winner since she has given us the very best of her voice and performance.

55. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:07 am

My pick from the Auditions has been Jordin. I still say Jordin should and will win. She has very strong vocals expecially being 17 years old. If we all listened to American Idol and didn’t watch it then we wouldn’t know the color of one’s skin or the size of their body. Personally I believe Jordin would still be the winner

56. oolalach Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:08 am

Did anyone notice they used a different version of Jordin singing “This is my now” in her re-cap? She was clearly tearing up the first time, but her recap had a perfect ending. If you have it tivo’d watch again.

57. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:13 am

Ummm Liz? Isn’t it being a little racist to suggest that Melinda was voted off due to her skin color? If you’ve bothered to watch any other previous seasons you would know that there has been an African American who has won. American Idol is far from racist, and it’s a bit tiresome hearing people using that as a pathetic excuse as to why someone didn’t make it to the final two. Also, just because Jordin has a father who is a celebrity doesn’t mean a thing. If I recall, there was a contestant last season who was related to a very famous singer, and she didn’t make it to the finals. And for the people claiming that Jordin has an unfair disadvantage because she’s modeled and has won awards…what about the other contestants this season who has also achieved the same things? Melinda was a back up singer, and there were also others who have had their fair share of success before they were on American Idol.

58. RealityTVLover Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:23 am

To oolalach: the recaps are taped from the dress rehearsals, not the live show….

59. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:23 am

I can’t believe that people can not find the positive in people. Being negative only brings out negativity. We need to remember that these are not professionals they are amatures!!!! Jordin’s voice is incredible. Blake is an entertainer. Everyone is entitled to their oppinion.

60. Elizabeth Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:37 am

Jordin you rock. I think you are awesome and deserve to win this competition. Good luck.

61. Ivhan Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:50 am

Hey Guys. Sometimes in the flurry of things, we fail to see stuff. Like how Blake constantly tries to make each song his own, and so does Jordin. But honestly, question yourself, how many stars are there who actually sound like jordin? Just to name a few powerhouse vocalists(like jordin), rihanna, jojo, christina aguilera. I mean, even many past american idol contestants have the same voice. but blake, now he knows very well that he doesn’t have the best voice, but he tries. he constantly tries to do his best and prove that its not only all about the voice, but the personality as well. the true american idol has to have more tha the voice. Blake definitely gets my vote. He’s my new american idol(:

62. cari Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 2:24 am

Did somebody actually list Rihanna as a powerhouse vocalist??? Now that was funny!

63. In-furious Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 3:07 am

OMG! How can AI make the contestants sing a song that is out of their power-genres in the freaking FINAL SHOW?!!!

Why was BLAKE forced to sing that crap of a “winner song.”

This is rigged.

64. mei Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 3:19 am

blake u are the best!!!!

65. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 3:54 am

i hope blake wins… jordin is good,but fake…

66. Zehra Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 4:44 am

If Blake wins? I swear i wont watch American Idol ever again.

67. Abraham Great (UK) Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 5:34 am

The world and the record companies need beutiful faces and the younger blood like Jordin to sell.
    But, music is about performance, Blake is the guy that can perform anywhere anytime even without instrument. I give him the Winner.
    Though America has let the best bird Melinda out of the cage to fly on her own wings. I believe she will swore

68. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 5:48 am

Blake is about as good as Sanjaya. Jordin Sparks – the next American Idol. She will battle Carrie Underwood for record sales for the next ten years. Jordin is what American Idol is all about.

69. liz Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 6:37 am

The last song was obviously a better fit fot Jordin and she did sing it better but the title of American Idol should go to the person with the most the talent and that is hands down Blake. You can’t decide on the winner based on just last night, if you look back Blake was more consistant, original and entertaining…he should win…a few fake tears(that she was trying to cry from the first word of the song) does not make an Idol. While she was singing all i could think was If only Lakisha had the chance to sing this song….she would have nailed it.

70. KANDYGIRL2006 Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 7:07 am

jordin will win because blake sucks and he will nwver make it after the idol so go jordin!!!!

71. Rodel Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 7:23 am

i hate it when people bring up Jennifer Hudson as the one who got away. The girl lost a singing competition and won an Oscar. It’s like a point guard getting cut and winds up winning the 100-m dash at the olympics. is it really that impressive? the girl’s been out in the real world for 4 years and has yet to release an album. it’s clear that she entered the wrong show so give it up already.

72. Christine Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 7:39 am

After last year, I didn’t think they could find a worse song than Katharine had to perform (Taylor’s wasn’t much better), but at least they fit the gender of the contestants last year. They should pick 3 different style songs for the contestants to choose from so that they can each have a fair shot. That is the only fair way to do this going forward. I didn’t watch American Idol season 1-4, but I can imagine Justin & Bo weren’t very comfortable with the ballads they had to sing either.

73. Joyce Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 7:58 am

I did not like the song. I just could not get into it. The best song that I heard was I believe that Fantasia sang. You felt the song and it brought chill to a lot of people. If you go back on YouTube you can see where a lot of people in the audience even felt the song. This year the final 2 sucks. It should have been a show down between Melinda and Lakish. AI would have gottena a big rating for that one. It would have been a battle. Then no one could have said it was rig. Because both of these ladies could sing. But good luck to both Jodin and Blake. It does not matter to me because when Lakisha got voted off I knew Melinda was behind her.

74. NJE Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 8:33 am

I think tonight was a really good night. Last season’s finale was better, though, because last year, even though Taylor’s and Katharine’s songs were both ridiculous, at least they weren’t the same song sung twice!

This week’s ranking:
    Worst)Blake Lewis 3
    5)Jordin Sparks 3 (but the single didn’t count for me)
    4)Blake Lewis 2
    3)Jordin Sparks 1
    2)Blake Lewis 1
    Best)Jordin Sparks 2 (the new American Idol!)

75. roz Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 8:51 am

Blake is neither a good performer nor a good singer. His gimmick to get him this far is his beatboxing. I would not notice his voice in a karoake club. He is short, with no mouth and is probably the weakest male singer ever on Idols. I am not a Jordin fan, but she is miles better than him. Honestly, a weak American Idol this year in general.

76. jade Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:10 am

You want to see what performance skills are like. Go watch West Africa Idols on you tube. Look for a guy called Timi, top 7 performance, Stuck on you,Lionel Richie song, top 8 performance where he sang Dont let the sun go down on me, Top 5 performance 2nd song, Michael Bolton’s How am I supposed to love you, I could go on and on, and you will know what a performance is, and someone who sings from his soul and performs like he is in a giant stadium. Born with a microphone in his hand

77. Terry Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:20 am

This is not a contest!!! Jordin should win this hands down!!! She can actually sing. Blake’s voice cracks in the middle of his songs, and the beatboxing is nerve wrecking. Go Jordin!!!!

78. Marc Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:32 am

is it just me who felt blake on the last performance? i felt something i never felt on jordin’s performance. i don’t know why she cried! i couldn’t even bring myself to cry over her performance. i don’t know. i just think blake’s just got the impact and the presence of being a star.

79. mike Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:43 am

That last song alone showed Blake’s limitations, to much vocal range for him. He was not good at all. Sorry, but I was bored.

80. mike Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:44 am

That last song alone showed Blake’s limitations, too much vocal range for him. He was not good at all. Sorry, but I was bored.

81. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:53 am

if we’re talking about looks, then Jordin cannot win because she’s chubby. Not that there is something wrong with that, but Hollywood is all about skinny and skinny.

82. Richman Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:58 am

I guess when people talk about Blake’s limited range forget how Jordin died on the Bon Jovi song. Blake has trouble singing a ballad style song but what if Jordin had to sing nothing but rock and roll? Kelly Clarkson can sing rock songs as well as Carrie when she sang “Alone”. But that is rare when those two can sing anything. Maybe the last song should have been a rap song and then we would see a different result.

83. Johnny M Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 11:36 am

If Randy really thinks Jordin’s version of “A Broken Wing” was better than the original, he should be fired as incompetent. Jordin sings OK, but she is not even close to the vocalist that sang the original. He was just trying to hype the show by praising the person who had it won before the night even started.

84. Warren Wood Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Blake is the most original new artist this season. I think he will sell hot regardless. Jordin is good but she has too many competitors: Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Katherine McPhee, LaKisha, Melinda Doolittle, Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and others. Eminem cut it big in rap and I think Blake will cut it big in his genre. Second place is no shame. Look at Clay Aiken … he is doing as good as Rueben and Rueben was the winner. And look at Chris Daughtry. He came in 4th and Taylor came in 1st and Daughtry is just as popular, maybe even more popular. There is room at the top for many of this season’s American Idols. A lot of them will make it big. It was a great season and full of talent.

85. Maerine Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 5:14 pm

Jordin was excellent and I feel that she should be the next AI. She’s beautiful and talented and I don’t think the issues of race or her size should be made mockery of by some of the ignorant individuals. I also like Blake, I think he’s also talented but I don’t feel it necessary to down him just because I favor Jordin. People need to be considerate of others and keep all the negatives to themselves. What if someone were talking about you or your child? I don’t know the Sparks personally ,but I do feel that she has gotten where she is because of her talent and because America voted. Good luck to both Jordin and to Blake!!!!

86. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 6:00 pm

I think the reason they’re giving Jordin the title it’s because, she wouldn’t have been able to make it on her own. Her voice is great, but she is NOT original. So she pretty much needs to win in order to get herself a bit of fame and make it to the top. Melinda and Blake can easily make it without winning the title. Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar and she didn’t win AI.

87. SC Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:51 pm

Well there you have it, Jordin Sparks IS the American Idol, and she owned it since Melitta Doolittle got voted off. From reading the comments, I think it’s understood that Blake surely is a performer but he cannot sing. So good for him if he can make it beatboxing but he won’t go anywhere otherwise. For the one who said it’s all about white girls in hollywood or mixed breed, this is a singing competition. Its about selling records, so listen to them with your eyes closed if you have to, not judging what they look like. If no one else can hear it but me, this coming from a white girl, the top 5 should have been (not to be feminist) Melinda Doolittle, Jordin Sparks, Stephanie Edwards, LaKisha, and Sabrina (Voted off before Antonella). Not one of these women are white, perhaps mixed, but they are not white. Don’t discriminate about the supposive ‘racism’, cause there isn’t any. Final line, Jordin Sparks is the winner because she got her ass to the finals and killed her songs. She didn’t need her daddys name, just her voice. So count yourself people cause thats the voice you’re gonna be hearing.

88. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 10:04 pm

Poor Stephanie Edwards. No tour for her.

89. Lisa Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 11:03 pm

I think that AI contestants in the finale will sing the same song so it will be better judge who sings the song better. Not choosing the song they like to sing.

I think that Melinda was better singer than the two and Jordin had it easy bec. she had more exposure before and had been more famous than any of the other contestants bec. of her background. But, overall watching the show seemed to have leaned to some favoritism. Well, it really proved that “LIFE IS NOT FAIR” esp. for Melinda.

Congrats to Jordin and keep in up, Blake!

90. kiwicat Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 1:13 am

Was anyone else upset with Ryan’s comment about “the bitch being ok”? I thought he was way out of line…rude, crude and vulgar.

91. LJ Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 5:45 am

Stupid show never watch it becausee have more exciting things to do with my time.

abdul nose broke ? wo cares she’s not even a talent?
    straight up sucked who cares.probably got a nose job.

92. Warren Wood Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 7:29 am

Kiwicat, a female dog is a bitch. Go to a dog show some day. It would have been crude, rude, and vulgar if Ryan called Tulip a nappy-headed bitch; that kind of comment would have set him up for Imus infamy, but a female dog is a bitch. Any questions?

Comments