Dancing With The Stars Winner Is Apollo Anton Ohno

May 22, 2007 10:09 PM by Joe Blackmon

Apolloanton_winsFor the Dancing With The Stars finale, each of the remaining three
couples got to dance one last time for the judges.  The judges’ scores
from tonight were then added to the judges’ scores from last night to
arrive at a final total from judges.  Finally, the total judges’ score
was added to the viewer vote to determine the winner.

Apollo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough danced the Paso Doble.  Len Goodman said “If I were to sum you up, the word I would use is commitment.”  Carrie Ann Inaba said “What I love about you two is the incredible chemistry that you have.”  Bruno Tonioli said “You put a fresh spin on everything you do, it’s great to watch you.”  Apollo Anton & Julianne received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson danced the Tango.  Bruno Tonioli said “The master of entertainment, you’re like a method dancer.”  Carrie Ann Inaba said “This was the one that you had a hard time with, and your technique wasn’t all that good, but I thought you did really good with the technique tonight.”  Len Goodman said “You’ve been trained, but you’ve never been tamed.”  Joey & Kym received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

Laila Ali & Maksim Chmerkovskiy danced the Mambo.  Carrie Ann Inaba said “I’m so proud of you, and the Mambo of all the dances, that’s your dance girl.”  Len Goodman said “Last night you got one or two harsh criticisms, but you’ve come back tonight stronger than ever.”  Bruno Tolioni said “You’re like the last standing Amazon coming out and knocking us all down.”  Laila & Maksim received a score of 30 out of 30 points.

After the final dances, hosts Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris revealed that the first couple eliminated was Laila Ali & Maksim Chmerkovskiy.  Laila Ali said “Maksim has been a great partner, you know, and we’ve had our tough times, but we’ve always pulled through, so of course I’m pissed I didn’t win [laughing].”

The final two couples came down to Apollo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough and Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson.  Host Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris announced that after ten weeks of competition that Apollo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough were the new champions of Dancing With The Stars.  Apollo Anton Ohno said “I feel amazing.  I feel like from day one I’ve said everybody here has been champions.  Joey’s taught me so much, and I feel like lessons to be learned from watching the show are amazing, and I’ve learned for myself, you put your mind to something, you do 100%, and you give sacrifice, dedication, anything is possible, and thank you Julianne.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for Dancing with the
Stars
news.  For other great Dancing with the Stars
news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: Dancing with the
Stars

Topics: Dancing With the Stars |

29 Responses to “Dancing With The Stars Winner Is Apollo Anton Ohno”

1. hwy Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:30 pm

I was pleased for a change. He and Julianne were the best. They were the best technical dancers. I thought Mario should have won last year. Apollo reminded me of Mario. Not as good looking, though but still very sexy with Julianne.

2. dance fan Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:31 pm

A great season. Very entertaining, a cliff hanger ending, and in my opinion, anyway, the best, most talented NON-dancer prior to the show’s beginning won. Joey was entertaining, but he had previous training, and I believed from the start he should not have been ther. Apolo won fairly and with honor.

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:47 pm

I just had a feeling that Apollo might go all the way.
    many congratulations to him and Julianne.. they were absolutely fantastic.

4. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:50 pm

I just had a feeling that Apollo might go all the way.
    many congratulations to him and Julianne.. they were absolutely fantastic.

5. L E Carson Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:52 pm

Congratulations to Apollo and Julianne you guys were great.

6. sylvia Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:25 pm

i’m sooooooooooo happy that laila didn’t win!!!! =)
    she is a fake and i hated her all time!!

7. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:54 pm

I agree that Apollo accomplished the most. Joey’s dance background gave him a bit of an unfair advantage — but in the end, Apollo is the better dancer — especially technically. Joey pulled a lot of “n’sync” moves that weren’t that great to begin with. I’m so glad Apollo won. He was truly deserving.

8. greg deangelo Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:08 am

it’s really unfair that joey didn’t win. i like him a lot more. he is a good dancer and very nice. he is also very good looking and has lost weight. i wish he lived in santa barbara. it’s not fair that apolo won because he is not as nice or cute in my opinion.

9. Diane Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:09 am

Yes Joey had dancing experience, but it was with a boy band, the dancing is totally different…and Apolo is an ice skater, basically dancing on Ice, and when ice skaters are practicing they learn there steps off the ice the best team won, I still voted for Joey!!!

10. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:52 am

Actually Apollo is an Olympic Speed Skater…and anyone who has watched speed skaters know that they don’t do any “dancing” on the ice.

11. Richman Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:02 am

Watch out hwy…Dance Fan will not like you saying that Mario was better than Emmitt last year, even though on tonight’s clip Emmitt said himself “I don’t know how I’m going to beat him”. Tonight was a very even matched show, Joey and Apolo both did very well, although Joey was more consistent over the entire season. Apolo improved as the season went on, much the same way Kelly and Drew did in their seasons. People seem to like an underdog story and improvement rather than a consistent performer. But hats off to Apolo.

12. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:41 am

I am so happy Apollo and Julianne won. they were consistent, and in my opinion the best dancers. Last year, I was disappointed that Mario did not win, and I almost did not watch this year. Go Apollo!!!

13. chunwei.jin Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 2:10 am

Like your blog, to learn from you

14. kiwicat Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 3:31 am

What a great season!! I really enjoyed the camaradei of all of the contestants, they seemed to have so much fun together. Also happy with the outcome….yea Apollo and Julianne!

15. Karen Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 8:00 am

Hooray for Apolo and Julianne … those two were amazing and deserved the win. Her choreography was unmatched even being the younger, inexperienced pro at only 18. Those 2 were adorable and his work ethic pulled him up to the level of her choreography as the weeks went on, which was a pleasure to watch. Well-deserved congratulations!

16. richardrust Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 8:47 am

Congratulations to Julianne and Apolo, totally deserved to win, Apolo was the best dancer, and more that he had no prior dancing as Fatone did. This was a big advantage for Fatone, but Julianne’s great training pulled through for Apolo.

check out

17. cari Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 2:19 pm

Mario was the better dancer last year by a mile!!!! I still remember his paso doble. Magical.

I was rooting for Joey the past few weeks but changed my mind at the last minute because I got worried about the effect of losing on Apollo’s Olympic run next year.

Since there is no real prize to be won on DWTS, I thought Joey might be able to take the loss more easily.

Now I’m hoping that a dance win will have the effect of letting Apollo know that he can win at anything he sets his mind too… and hopefully that confidence will translate into more Olympic gold.

18. Linda Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 9:04 am

HOORAY! I’m pleased that Apollo won! Totally! Congrats Apollo!

19. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:38 pm

i thought laila would had won but , congrates apollo you look good with juliane

20. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:41 pm

i thought laila would had won but , congrates apollo you look good with juliane

21. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:42 pm

HOORAY! I’m pleased that Apollo won! Totally! Congrats Apollo!

22. stefanie Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 5:45 pm

WOW what a great win, so proud of Apolo and Julianne, thought they have been the best of all the seasons. Check out http://www.juliannehough.com

23. Mitch Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 6:01 pm

Good job Apolo! Joey’s N’Sync moves weren’t quite enough. Check out http://www.thenicheplayers.com they have a funny article up in their news section about Ohno.

24. Justin Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 3:10 pm

Here’s a humorous recap of Apollo’s win…

25. shelana Says:
    May 29th, 2007 at 2:15 pm

both apolo and joey were good but joey was inconsistent during the season and lacked the content that apolo and julianne had. joey was entertaing and fun to watch but apolo became a better dancer that joey. go apolo and julianne!

26. Ki Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 8:25 pm

SUGOI APOLLO-SAN!
    Each dance he all but flew across the dance floor and into the hearts of fans! I noticed others are speaking mostly on his trainer but being a female viewer my eyes were always on Him. He is without question an incredible(and handsome)dancer! Apollo. Shuugi desu yo!

27. KATE Says:
    June 22nd, 2007 at 1:18 am

Everyone loved Apollo he will succeed in whatever he attempts.
    He and Julianne would make a lovely couple.

28. Anonymous Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 7:20 am
  29. kiki Says:
    November 28th, 2007 at 9:08 pm

you guys rocked the stage

Comments