Why Blake Lewis Could Win American Idol

May 22, 2007 07:30 AM by Joe Blackmon

Blakelewis_finalEven though Blake Lewis seems to be the underdog by many accounts,
there are some very solid reasons why he could still win American
Idol 6.  Blake Lewis is one of the most original American Idol
finalists ever.  He’s not afraid to take chances, and taking chances
can sometimes pay off big.  If Blake scores with an original twist on a
song that he sings during the final performance show, it could very easily propel him
to an American Idol win.

The fact that Blake Lewis is thought of as an underdog could also help him in the vote.  His fans will be very dedicated in voting multiple times to make sure he has a shot at winning.  If American Idol has taught us anything over the years, it’s that dedicated fans can pull off an upset.

In the most recent results show, Blake Lewis also likely won some points with viewers over his positive relationship with his dad.  Often times the story on American Idol has been about parents who might not have supported their son or daughter’s singing ambitions, but it was obvious that Blake’s dad was 100% behind him.

Another positive for Blake is that he really appears to be a genuinely nice guy.  When Melinda Doolittle was eliminated during the most recent results show, Blake didn’t jump up and down and celebrate.  Blake immediately offered sympathy to Melinda, and it was obvious that he was more concerned with how Melinda was doing than with celebrating his continuation in the competition.  In short, Blake’s actions showed that he has a lot of class.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

28 Responses to “Why Blake Lewis Could Win American Idol”

1. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:32 am

I was hoping Melinda would win, but I do agree that the top 4 and the top 3 groups were appropriate. And I agree that Blake has been unique, creative, and has shown class. I can think of a few former contestants who celebrated when they were at risk and announced safe, and it has been refreshing to see the kind personalities this year.

2. Marlena Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 12:27 pm

Melinda was my first choice since the beginning. I am really sad she’s cicked out.
    To Blake: nice guy, but I have difficulty with the word “unique”
    I liked his “Unique” he put in his song the first time, perhaps the second, too. But now he is sooo boring, there is always the same, nothing new. Only Be Be Be like a Goat. Sorry.

3. Maria Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 2:27 pm

I agree that Blake is definitely better than Jordin by a mile and a long shot. She doesn’t deserve to win. I would vote for Blake because he is not only better, but the best of all contestants.

4. Charlie Nord Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 3:25 pm

Blake should win. I think the girls had good voices, but Blake is exciting, different and with the way pop music is changing, he fits better in the position as “idol.” Jordin sounds just like any other diva out there.

5. chantal=blakes # 1 fan ! Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 4:50 pm

omgg blake is the best american idol he so deserves to win ,, not only does he have the look but he has his own style and hes oooo hawt like gawshh who wouldnt want him to win hes the best american idol everr keep going blake i dont care what other people say jordin suxx she isnt going to win u are i love youu =]

6. chantal=blakes # 1 fan ! Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 4:50 pm

7. Love ya Blake Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 5:20 pm

I adore Blake but I’m not sure I want him to win because the winner always gets stuck with some ghastly, sappy ballad as their single and that would totally not suit Blake. If he came in second he might be able to put out an original song of his own that wouldn’t damage his artistic credibility. The winner has no control at all over their first CD. I’m not so sure “Winning” on American idol is such a good thing when last year’s winner is fading while the finalists are all doing very well.

8. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 5:59 pm

thank goodness melinda is gone! go blake go!!

9. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 7:08 pm

Blake’s awesome! Clearly the most talented.

10. arjun Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 7:34 pm

Blake is by far most talented and unique, which is a VERY rewarding quality to have in AI, but i dont know if he should win, since the 1st place winner always seems to disappear. If blake could create his own, original album, then he can truely be seen as a individual musician. I do not think it is in his best interest to win.

11. Phil Welch Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 7:49 pm

I agree,Blake is the most original contestant,he may very well score the win tomorrow night.

12. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:00 pm

I think Melinda’s votes are going to Blake because Jordin pretty much took her place in the top 2.

13. samantha Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:52 pm

blake definitely was amazing in the performances tonite. hope he wins!! he truly has everything: vibrant personality, looks, and great performance. sorry to the jordin fans but she is just soo boringgg. GO BLAKE!! HOPE HE WINS BIG TOMORROW AND IN THE FUTURE

14. uthe Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:08 pm

the worst american idol finalist ever!! sucks..

go melinda!!!!!

15. Brenda Westbrook Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:13 pm

everybody is hooraying over Blake, there is nothing original about his style. Beep Bop was introduced to the world my very well known rap artist is the early 80′s and went out in the late 80′s. So there is no originality, just a copy of what others has already done in the past. I’m all the way for Jordin

16. Randy&Becky Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:21 pm

You rock Blake!!! We are behind you 100% in VIRGINIA. You are a winner no matter what!!!

17. Miss Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:13 pm

I am hoping that blake will win, that’s why I will be up all night voting for him. Jordin is a spoiled brat who has had everything she always wanted. because of her wealthy father. She stole Melinda’s spot because she is light skinned. If melinda was light skinned and had jordan’s features, she would definately be the winner. I would rather vote for blake a million times than vote one time for jordan.

18. tina Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:15 pm

i love blake and he should win although i like chris richardson as well but jordin is ok singer but blake lewis can beat and the first on there to do that. he deserves this! go blake i love ya

19. dominic Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:16 pm

Blake Lewis.. “THE NON-MEDIOCRE AMERICAN IDOL”

Season 7, 8, 9 or 10 make come its way to produce greater singers but this season would be remembered for producing not only a SINGER but a MUSICIAN!

2 words makes American Idol 6 be remembered among the other seasons..

BLAKE LEWIS

.. the non-mediocre American Idol.

20. KissMyGritz Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:16 pm

Jordin is gonna win, no question about it. Sorry Blake. You’re hot, you’re talented, you’re a nice guy, but Jordin is all those things as well, and she has a much stronger voice.

21. pschey Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:36 pm

Blake, Blake, Blake!!!! I am from Hood River, Or area and we all love you…My sister lives in Seattle and all of Seattle loves you!

22. k.yohn Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:48 pm

YOU ARE TOTALLY AWESOME. MY COUSINS ARE FROM PUYALLUP WASH AND I AM FROM YAKIMA WASH AND WE GREW UP IN THE PUYALLUP AREA. ALL I CAN SAY ARE YOU ARE TOTALLY AWESOME. THE WHOLE STATE OF WASHINGTON LOVE’S YOU . BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND BELIEVE IN YOUR FAN’S. DON’T EVER FORGET YOUR FAN’S. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. aphrodite Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 12:02 am

Blake should win american idol because he’s cool, original, and a great singer. He doesn’t sing like a diva but his voice is still great! I feel sorry for him that he had to sing that cheasy song, “this is my now.” I will definitely buy his album.

24. Sandra Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:39 am

I wanted Blake to win, for a long time, now. He is multi-talented, with a great personality and good looks (which isn’t my first priority). He has done very well throughout this competition and done much more than beatboxing (I have all the shows taped). I feel he could have put more into tonight — and I truly wonder if he wants to win. In press, he’s been saying he thought all along Jordin or Gina would win and that Jordin is a producer’s dream. Is he trying to tell us something? He was set up with that This is my Now song, which was written for who they thought would be in the finals, Melinda, Lakisha or Jordin. It’s not written for a man’s voice, and certainly not Blake’s. That DEFINITELY should not be held again HIM, but against the SHOW, because that is totally ridiculous. They had 2 songs each years before, why 1 now…because they know Jordin could sing it better? To say she should win because a song was written in her style and key is not good judgement. I definitely want Blake to win, I only got about 12 votes in over 4 hours. The finale show seems a bit lackluster this year. The results show should be better, but it will be very difficult if we wait all that time just to see Jordin win, and also if Taylor won’t be on — this is their last chance to do right by their former winner, and I feel awful that there is bad blood between them. He should rightfully be on the show tomorrow night!!
    Jordin is a GREAT talent, but I just feel Blake deserves to win, and the comments he got were absolutely low down dirty from Simon and Randy. Not fair and takes so much enjoyment from the show. Anyone out their think that Blake may not have wanted to win — or that he was disheartened by many many saying Jordin would win? Interested in comments. Thanks. Blake, you are fabulous and you are loved! You give MUSIC a GREAT NAME :)

25. Blake Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 2:48 pm

The American People have fail American Idol 6. The show is about voting who is the best singer. This proves a lot of people are so dumb and NOT smarter then a 5th grader to follow a simple task. Melinda was indeed the best overall singer when it came to American Idol 6. I vote next year, they revised the calling in system.

26. Haine Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 3:47 pm

oh wow…Blake is really a great singer, Melinda was good, but she made everything sound so OLD! Jordin is most likely going to win but remember, American Idol is a reality show, they don’t care if its about the voice. you need to have the whole package. :3 blakey is a hottie tho!~

27. tina Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 9:54 pm

it is sad that blake didnt win! of all my voting i did for 4 hrs! i loved him and feel so bad now that he didnt win. why america? he was the best beat boxing i have seen and yet he can sing. this is my now he singed great to me i like him singing it instead of jordin. i didnt want jordin to win, sorry jordin. i hate it all, the first time i actually vote and liked it this yr and i dont get my wish. i pray blake and chris richardson come with there on album real soon as like NOW! lol, but i still wish they were the american idol winner. :’(

28. Melissa Misener Says:
    May 29th, 2007 at 10:13 pm

Blake you are really awesome my mom is a huge fan of you it would be really cool if you could email me please dont take me as spoiled it would just mean alot to my mom and me if you did and yes you really are that famous already!!! Great job on American Idol!!!

Comments