Why Jordin Sparks Could Win American Idol

May 22, 2007 06:30 AM by Joe Blackmon

Jordinsparks_finalAt only seventeen years old, Jordin Sparks has impressed both the
judges and America with her powerful voice.  In the early stages of the
American Idol 6 competition, the girls showed their dominance.  Jordin
deserves credit for outlasting a very talented group of female
contestant to be the last woman standing.

While Jordin Sparks’ musical style was a little different than Lakisha Jones and Melinda Doolittle, she was still a lot closer to their style than Blake Lewis is.  Because Jordin Sparks, Lakisha Jones, and Melinda Doolittle helped build up a huge audience for their soulful sounds, it would seem to reason that Jordin Sparks might stand to benefit from that audience.  If Lakisha Jones and Melinda Doolittle fans give their votes to Jordin Sparks, then it would be difficult to imagine a scenario where she could lose.

Another strength of Jordin Sparks is that she has a very wholesome image.  Jordin is the daughter of a professional football player, and she has toured with Christian singer Michael W. Smith.  Jordin Sparks should benefit from American Idol’s heavy family viewership, because she is someone that both young people and their parents can feel comfortable with supporting.

Win or lose, Jordin Sparks is a record label’s dream, and she will likely wind up with a record deal regardless.  At only seventeen years old, she’s already one of the best singers in America, and she’s only going to get better.  A record label investing in Jordin’s career will likely wind up with many, many years of hit CDs.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol, Jordin Sparks |

11 Responses to “Why Jordin Sparks Could Win American Idol”

1. a Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 7:47 am

AM the only one who does not give a DAMN who wins this bulls–t competition.Its a bunch of surburban blonde head bimbos voting for Blake and Jordin.I seek talent.Melinda sould be in the finale.No media coverage is talking bout just them two everyone wants to focus on the shocker last week with Melinda.I miss Melinda already to know a tuesday is here and to not see her perform just makes this years season corny and boring/WILL I WATCH?? Possibly to see my girl Melinda on stage otherwise i am turning t off.Could give a damn who wins.

2. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:37 am

I, too, am a Melinda fan, but I do understand how Blake and Jordyn are the two finalists. As much as I like Melinda, Jordyn and Blake both managed to provide modern performances, and Blake has been particularly unique. In the week of three they each had three strong performances, and the performance is a factor. I will be eagerly waiting for Melinda’s CD, and I think all three of them have the potential to be very successful. Time will tell.

3. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 6:32 pm

I hope this chick does not win…I think is a fake and phoney

4. Faye Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 6:32 pm

I hope this chick does not win…I think is a fake and phoney

5. Lakisha Jones official fan site Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Blake has more talent

6. Anonymous Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 7:44 pm

The contest was rigged for her to win. Isn’t it obvious? Her family is famous so they bought her spot in the finale. Other than that, she is way too stuck up.

7. Chris Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 8:08 pm

I doubt the show was fixed, but then again you never know. I just can’t stand her attitude. She is a great singer, but her personality is down the drains. Too spoiled for my taste.

8. gaga Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 9:24 pm

SUCKZ!! the two finalists are SUCKZ!!

Go MELINDA!!!
    i read on the internet that somebody said if melinda wins american idol, she’ll be a star,, if she doesn’t win american idol she’ll be a legend.. amen,,

9. erik w/a "k" Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 10:19 pm

It’s funny to me how many American Idol haters come on here and read all about AI and “care” enough to make comments on this site.
    If you are not happy with who is left it is because people like you need something to complain about and you don’t call to vote. Enough of the hating.
    Jordin is extremely talented and very marketable. Blake is also very talented and marketable. I would give Jordin the definite edge on vocals and Blake the definite edge on being a performer. I personally like Blake, but he could get stuck if he wins with songs that aren’t him.

10. Marsha Says:
    May 22nd, 2007 at 11:23 pm

jordin is a spoiled brat who has a rich father and has had everything she wanted in her life. She stole melinda’s spot because she is light skinned. if melinda was light skinned and had jordan’s mixed features, she would still be in the competition. I hate when all these light skinned half breed women are considered more marketable because of their color and features. Jordin needs to go back to school and live off her daddy’s wealth. I will be up all night voting for blake.

11. Anonymous Says:
    May 23rd, 2007 at 1:23 am

Marsha… I’ve wrote this in response to others who have made the same comments you have. If you have bothered to watch any of the previous American Idols, you would see that there has been an African American winner. It’s pathetic to see people like you using race as an excuse as to why a contestant didn’t make it to the final two. I’m also curious as to why you think Jordin is living off her father’s wealth, and that is the reason she’s in the final two. Melinda was a back up singer for years, and has been in the spotlight as well… It’s very tiresome to see the lame reasons as to why someone has made it as far as they have. Jordin, Blake, and Melinda have all worked very hard to get where they are now, and they all deserve to come out of this with record deals.

Comments