American Idol – Taylor Hicks’ Fans Upset By Clive Davis Comments On Finale

May 24, 2007 10:26 AM by Joe Blackmon

Taylor Hicks’ fans are usually pretty sensitive when it comes to how he
is portrayed on American Idol, and they have good reason to be.  During
the American Idol 5 competition, Simon Cowell was very vocal in his
criticism of Taylor Hicks, saying almost everything possible to try to
derail a Taylor Hicks’ win .

During the American Idol 6 auditions, Simon Cowell repeatedly took swipes at Taylor Hicks.  Cowell suggested that one contestant stick their gum on Taylor Hicks’ face on the set’s backdrop and claimed that a contestant singing a blues song blew Taylor Hicks out of the park.

On the American Idol 6 finale, it wasn’t Simon Cowell, but Chairman & CEO of BMG Label Group Clive Davis, who raised the ire of Taylor Hicks’ fans.  Before presenting an award to Carrie Underwood recognizing her success in selling six million copies of her debut album, Clive Davis made a statement that seemed to almost be rubbing Chris Daughty’s success in the faces of Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee.

Davis said “So here’s this year’s report card for the American Idol album franchise.  The big news has been the huge explosion of Chris Daughtry.  Yes, Taylor Hicks’ new single of ‘Heaven Knows’ can still take him and his platinum album much further.  And the new single ‘Love Story’ can still do it for Katharine McPhee.  But it’s been Daughtry who’s broken through as the entire music industry’s biggest selling artist of the year.”

Even though Clive Davis’ comments were likely well intentioned, they have not been well received by fans of either Hicks or McPhee on the American Idol message boards.  While Davis was likely just trying to acknowledge Hicks and McPhee while he praised Daughtry’s success, it’s also easy to see how the remarks could be interpreted as a dig at last year’s winner and runner-up.  Considering all the previous comments made by Simon Cowell about Taylor Hicks, it’s also easy to see how Taylor Hicks’ fans in particular would be perturbed by these comments.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Idol
news.  For other great American Idol news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Idol

Topics: American Idol |

106 Responses to “American Idol – Taylor Hicks’ Fans Upset By Clive Davis Comments On Finale”

1. Gypsee Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 11:18 am

Thank you so much for being aware and writing this. Yes we fans are upset, but we also realize that Taylor is a unique talent and doesn’t need anyone’s sanction anymore to prove this. All one has to do is see him live…that says it all. Again, thanks for your thoughtful comments :)

2. Chris Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 11:43 am

Most of the time the judges know what talent will sell. Apparently he knew our boy Talyor was popular on a personality aspect, but the marketablility was just not there for the demographics. Yes Daughtry should of won, but his voters were not 12 year old girls (some maybe) who voted for 2 hours straight. They were 36 year old accountants, 40 year old mailmen, 26 year old secretaries who may have voted once, 2 times at max. Chris deserves all the Glory he can get. He has proven it where it counts. The wallet. Sorry to say this because I know how I would feel if the tables were turned, But Chris is Not only the true Idol of 2006 but quite possibly of all time.

3. Jim Knox Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 11:59 am

I am a Taylor Hicks fan and have seen him in concert.

Nope, I am not upset. He has sold close to 700,000 units ( not as many as Daughtry ), but very respectable considering how much CD sales have dropped in every category for the past year.

Success need not be measured in terms of record sales alone. People are probably not aware that Taylor Hicks has sold out most of his 55 city concert from February to May this year and promises to sell out more this coming Autumn.

He is picking up fans one concert at a time and the Soul Patrol is just as dedicated if not even more so than Jimmy Buffet’s Parrothead or the Grateful Dead’s Deadheads ( the later two are legends by the way, but don’t sell as much albums ).

Clive Davis is a bean counter and a businessman and he doesn’t really give much fig about good music — just the bottom line. Heck, if a rapper who degrades women (like Imus did) and spews out 4 letter words in their music sells units — that to him is success.

Taylor Hicks is different because he has brought back to his fans, good music — music with good melody, great hooks and catchy lyrics. Plus he provides great entertainment and showmanship to boot. If you like that kind of music, Taylor is your man. If all you want is to sell album — your ordinary hip-hop artist or rapper who gets major POP 40 airplay are your choice. Apparently Clive has chosen to put his stake on the later because they sell units. Good luck to him.

4. Jim Knox Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 12:06 pm

I am a Taylor Hicks fan and have seen him in concert.

Taylor Hicks is different because he has brought back to his fans, good music — music with good melody, great hooks and catchy lyrics. Plus he provides great entertainment and showmanship to boot. If you like that kind of music, Taylor is your man. If all you want is to sell albums — your ordinary hip-hop artist or rapper who gets major POP 40 airplay are your choice. Apparently Clive has chosen to put his stake on the later because they sell units. Good luck to him.

5. pattycee Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 12:25 pm

i wasn’t upset; i know clive is all about the money. i thought his speech was boring as usual. but to be perfectly clear, when talking about the importance of production, maybe he could have mentioned that taylor’s album could have done better without clive’s own insistence on including material that isn’t right for him and pushing him to record it in about a month. check out taylor’s tour clips on youtube to hear how great he sounds when he can live and breathe.

6. Erwin Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 12:26 pm

C’mom Gypsee cut the carp with the hyperbole — Daughtry the true idol of all time ?

Let’s not count our chickens before they are hatched OK ?

Come back to me in 2010 and we’ll see what happens then but not until.

Fans have the tendency to exagerrate the status of their own personal favs ( whether they are Taylor, Kat or Daughtry fans ).

We cannot measure success based on one freshman album. A lot of Grammy winners for instance were one hit wonders ( e.g. The Starland Vocal Band who won best new artist in the late 70′s ), and then promptly disappeared from the scene. Where are the New Kids On The Block now ? Weren’t they hot in the 90′s ? Someone who called them the greatest group of all time then is eating crow today.

The fact is — we don’t know who will be the long term success until … well, until time tells us. So hold your hyperbole until 5-10 years from now.

7. rocknrolla Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 12:30 pm

As a Taylor fan, I wasn’t upset by Clive’s speech. Rock will always be a popular and lucrative genre. Obviously he had to do the pimpage of Chris and Carrie, but I don’t think he discounts Taylor’s artistry. Let’s see what he says after the next and future CD’s. Taylor’s time will come.

8. UNoNothing Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 12:41 pm

F*** Clive Davis and his collection of Johnny Mathis records.

9. Betty Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 12:43 pm

I am an avid Taylor Hicks fan and very proud of it. Never voted for anyone on American Idol before Taylor — bought a phone just for the text messaging in the final weeks — and never will vote for anyone ever again — I have found my Idol of all time.

Taylor Hicks strength is being a phenominal live performing artist — there is no one better. He is an exciting, energizing performer. His genre is blues/soul music. In concert, Taylor makes you smile and forget your troubles. In contrast, Chris Daughtry’s strength is being a recording artist. His genre is rock. Comparing Chris and Taylor is like comparing apples and oranges.

There is much more to the 5th season Idol story than Clive Davis talked about on the finale. Taylor’s fans know what it is and Daughtry’s fans know what it is. Chris D was the chosen one to be the winner last year. Simon did everything in his power to try to make that happen, but Taylor’s talent and experience was just too much for him and the system and, with his Soul Patrol behind him, he went on for the win.

From that moment on, AI decided that they would get the one they wanted anyway. So they promoted Chris all season and never mentioned Taylor’s name. Clive even had the audicity to have put in print to say in so many words that “it was compelling that Chris was a song writer — something no other Idol ever was”. Well, that is just flat out wrong!!! Taylor Hicks wrote every song on TWO independent albums that he produced himself years before he appeared on American Idol. If Clive is interested in checking it out — as if he didn’t know already — Taylor’s first album is In Your Time, written when he was just 19 years old, and the second is Under the Radar. Also, I believe that Bo Bice wrote songs also. and I am sure there are other idols who have done the same thing. Clive promoted only who he wanted to promote and wasn’t interested in the TRUTH! Nothing against Chris — he is an awesome talent — and Chris and Taylor are friends to boot. That’s what is sad about this whole Chris/Taylor thing. THEY are friends. It is only the media who pit them against one another. But they are both gentlemen, thank goodness, and take it all with a grain of salt and move on, each in their own way, with their stellar careers.

Again, nothing against Chris Daughtry’s sales, but AI promoted him big time all season and Taylor Hicks was not mentioned the entire season until he showed up at the finale. It is only common sense that whoever is promoted on the show will have better sales than someone who isn’t. There is always a jump in sales for whoever has been on AI during the season.

Clive Davis is interested in money in his pocket, not the career an up and coming artist. In contrast, Taylor Hicks is interested in money in HIS pocket — which he gets from live performances. THAT is where Taylor Hicks shines most. Taylor is a career artist, his CD sales will come. Goodness, he has sold a very respectable 700,000 copies. For Taylor, that is way beyond what he ever dreamed of. He is so happy and feels so blessed.

I have to thank American Idol for bringing Taylor Hicks to the surface. I can’t imagine the entertainment industry without him. He is not only a stellar entertainer, but a man of class, humility, charisma and grace. Give me that any day over Clive Davis’s personal path to glory.

Thank you for your article. Yes, Taylor Hicks’ fans are a bit upset over Clive Davis’s remarks, but we will get over it. We are mostly thankful for the man, Taylor Hicks, who has struggled for over 10 years to get to where he has wanted to be . . . just to entertain people and make them happy. Yes, Taylor, you do make us happy!

10. Jax Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 12:45 pm

Thank you for this article. I was stunned at the lack of respect shown for Taylor last night. As with everything he will handle this with his usual grace .. I am trying to follow his example.

11. SHL Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 1:08 pm

Carrie, Kelly and Chris should be acknowledge for their sucess but the constant put downs of Taylor this year are horrible. By last night’s comments and others no one would have known that TH won AI5.

12. hoodathunk Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 1:46 pm

Damn right I was upset. Last night was not the time or place, it was a very ill fitting, self serving presentation that ground to a halt which up to then had been a great night of music. I was looking forward to the return of Taylor to the American Idol stage and this put a damper on the evening for me. Nothing but best wishes and congrats to Chris Daughtry and Carrie Underwood, but comparisons are unfair. Taylor Hicks is in a non mainstream genre, and so far has received next to no radio play. To sell 700,000 under those circumstances is quite an accomplishment.

13. Anne Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Chris has always been Clive’s favorite because he knows his genre of music will make him bucks.

But he could have promoted his favorite without softly implying to the world that Taylor and Kat are not successful. And A1 scheduled Taylor to sing directly after that. Boy that shows what an entertainer Taylor is. Then they did not even respect him enough to introduce him.

Chris is doing great and I am happy for his success but Taylor was the winner and Simon, Clive and A1 have not treated him with the respect that should be shown to the winner. After all AMERICA voted for him and in my opinion, if they don’t respect who America voted for then maybe they should not have us vote.

The public does not vote for who they think will sell the most cds. They vote for who they feel is the best complete entertainment package.

No, I am not mad but the disrespect they have shown not only Taylor but Kat as well does change my attitude towards American Idol. It was my favorite show but i now I have lost all RESPECT for it.

14. Taylor is the Man Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 2:29 pm

I agree, that was pathetic and a very cheap shot. Clive is a tired old man, and although he is looking at the $ signs, America is looking at being entertained. Taylor won last year on his own merit, because AI surely didn’t pimp him like they did Jordin this past week and others. And now it is like AI is insulting America for voting in who they wanted last year. I have seen Taylor in concert, and no one can have as much passion and desire to sing for people. He is a warm soul, with integrity and a genuineness that is hard to match. Clive is a businessman looking out for his own pocket. What he and AI did was unprofessional and really disappointing to me, who never misses a show or summer concert. Taylor will have the last laugh. Love ya, Taylor-Man.

15. Jennifer Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:01 pm

It’s marketing, plain and simple. AI and Clive Davis could find plenty of positive things to spin about Taylor if they were so inclined. I have loved AI from day one, but their obvious manipulation of the vote (and total disregard for the winner last year when they couldn’t steer the results)has seriously lessened my enthusiasm for the show. Good luck to Jordin, Taylor, Daughtry and all those whose talents supercede the bottom line.

16. henry Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:05 pm

taylor definately put on a great performance…no respect from AI..
    as a musician myself he puts me in a great zone…not even a one minute conversation w/taylor….what’s up????

17. traci Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:33 pm

I was totally annoyed with Cive’s pointless and thoughtless speech. It completely focused on the bottom line, and I could give rat’s ass about the money. I watched the AI finale to be entertained and to hear Taylor sing. I can honestly say that I have lost a lot of respect for the show and will not be staying tuned for the next season.

18. CGDunne Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 3:34 pm

Well said everyone. I was very upset last nite with the disregard that AI, Clive, Simon and the bunch have had for Taylor. It is like Taylor never won last year, not one word about him all season, nothing. What did this talented, soft-spoken man ever do to deserve such treatment? I met Taylor a few weeks ago on a fluke in KC and he was one of the nicest guys I have ever talked with. He told me he would sign anything but all I wanted was a picture of the two of us which he so graciously gave me. I’ve heard rumors to the fact of other idols not being so kind to their fans but yet they get treated by AI and staff with kid gloves. They should all be ashamed on how they treated Taylor in the last year. He will prevail in the end, I just know it. As Taylor says, “slow and steady wins the race”. Taylor, you keep doing what you are doing, you are happy and your fans are happy. Keep up the great work, we love you soul man.

19. Sandra Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 4:03 pm

I am so happy and pleased to see this article by RTM – you all tend to notice and write about those things that some may miss and you are not shy about putting it out there in writing, even if it is a truth that may hurt for some. So first, thank you for your integrity in writing about the truth or at least putting questions in our minds (that many times were already there, but feels good to see it in writing for all to see!) I am also very pleased to see the eloquent and mature, passionate writing of Taylor fans…I am so happy we still have the loyalty and passion for him and his day is not over by a mile. He has many miles to go…and I just hope that Clive breathing down his neck and saying the kinds of things he said last night will not hurt Taylor (though I know it has to, because I think we know that one of Taylor’s gifts is a sensitive soul). That was slimy of Clive Davis to word things the way he did and I do NOT THINK FOR A SECOND that it was innocent. He got numerous sly cuts in there such as “contrary to what others think, you do have to have hits” — he had been saying that he didn’t think Kelly’s new CD had any hits on it and Taylor once said the hits don’t have to be promoted to the radio, but the best and most well liked songs will evolve naturally, unlike the natural promotion Clive does to pitch certain songs. He also made mention about good songwriters and how they were necessary to have hits — another cut on Kelly because she cowrote all or most of the songs on the upcoming CD and I believe many of the songs are very personalized to her. I feel bad for Kelly, Taylor and Blake, who has a great, soothing, styling voice and they have tried to relegate him to being just a beatboxer. That is ridiculous. Clive may be one of the Kings of the music world, but I also believe he is messing with the psyches and confidence of new artists (contestants) who put their faith and trust in Idol and how they and their careers would be treated. Simon and Clive and probably Randy, a bit — carry alot of weight when they are out there in the media giving their “expert” opinion on artists, and they have especially cut Taylor over and over again. I will say I believe he wasn’t announced because it was supposed to be a surprise (for those who don’t read blogs on go on the net) and I was certainly surprised and thrilled! It took grace and courage for Taylor to come back, but HE NEEDS to get respect from Idol and Idol needs not to sabotage the confidence of their OWN. I surely hope they don’t undermine Blake’s career, because he can do much more than beatbox. Thanks for reading, and Taylor, Blake and Kelly fans, stand behind your Idol and speak out.

20. Lori Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 4:04 pm

I’m not a big Taylor Hicks fan, but I agree with his fans on this one. I thought Clive’s comments were rude and inappropriate.

Overall, I enjoyed the show.

I thought Kelly’s rendition of St. Pepper was horrendous. She screamed all the way through it. No wonder they never allowed anyone else to sing Beatles songs (they should reinstate that rule pronto)

Carrie’s Beatles’ song was completely unrecognizeable. And not in a good way. She totally lost the melody and bored me to tears. Her version of “I’ll Stand by You” was also boring and forgettable (also a little high-pitched and screatchy). I had to turn the sound down.

Taylor, on-the-other-hand did a pretty good job with his first song (can’t remember the others). I was pleasantly surprised.

Melinda was spot-on incredible. In fact, she was better than the female member of Wianans(?).

Gwen was ridiculous — boring, taped, been-there-done-that. WTF?

The hightlight — other than Jordin’s win — was undoubtedly GREEN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed like a little girl when Ryan announced them.

21. ghr Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 4:07 pm

Love that AI lost viewers this year, hope their decline continues. Don’t care how many records Daughtry has,sales do not always equal talent. Just look at all the garbage that rules the charts.Taylor won and they can never take that away. Only watched last night to see Taylor.Now that it is over, neither Taylor and his fans have to ever watch or go near AI again.

22. barbara Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 4:08 pm

I found it absolutely reprehensible the way Taylor was treated during the finale. There was total disregard for him as the reigning American Idol: he was not mentioned once during the show; neither introduced before his song nor acknowledged in any positive way except for a brief negative comment by Clive Davis.

The integrity of the show has suffered in the eyes of the public. This is a man who has honed his skill over a long period of time, had legitimately won Ai,
    has sat in with the best artists in his genre and continues to tour, filling venues with true soul and gives an amazing performance night after night.

Taylor is a gentleman who has been shown to treat both his critics and his fans with grace and respect.

His talent, fortitude and mental strength will far outlast any garbage that comes his way.

23. justafan Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 4:11 pm

I think the bigger insult was that no one introduced Taylor Hicks when he entered the stage to sing Heaven Knows.

For being all about the money they don’t seem to realize that different people like different types of music and they will sell more cd’s if they promote their people instead if slamming them every chance they get, just because they don’t ‘get’ their type of music.

With cd sales being sluggish in all genres, the real money will come in via concerts, an area where he is a great entertainer.

24. Sandra Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 4:33 pm

As I said above, I am a major Taylor fan, and was repulsed by Clive’s comments — I think we should do a writing, calling and writing article campaign — because just believing it will all work out for Taylor isn’t enough. People need to speak up if they care enough — we are invested in this and the artists we like deserve our support. But I will also say, that for many, Taylor came out as a SURPRISE — not everyone goes on the internet and reads spoiler blogs or is part of Soul Patrol — so I believe that is what that was about — just like when Clay came out as a total surprise last year. It’s dramatic and it was more exciting for me, not disrespectful because I, like many others, HAD NOT HEARD he would be there. That’s my take on that. They still have done him major injustice since before he won, I am so frustrated and it needs to change. And I am worried about Blake, because though it seems like none of this gets to him, I don’t believe it. He didn’t do much singing last night — and why are there not two songs — so each can release a single like in years past??? Has Idol or Blake decided they won’t work together? I am very disappointed nothing is coming out by Blake, after Jordin’s is released, like in years past. And where is the compilation CD of all 12 singers? I haven’t heard a word about that. Any news on any of these issues, please post, “I Need to Know” lol. They better not undermine his career too. He could have a contemporary hit on the radio immediately. His voice is wonderful, soothing, styled and creative. My 80 year old mother is a fan, beatboxing and all. His fans are far more reaching — and to sum it up, we, who are major fans of certain Idols, need to back them and support them and stand up for them. That’s my belief, anyway.

25. Cara Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 4:44 pm

Well intentioned, my Aunt Fannie! More like direct hit. Clive and his tribe have been sticking needles in the Taylor Hicks voodoo doll ever since he won AI last season. He did the same thing to Taylor at his pre-Grammy party. He barely introduced Taylor, and then he fell all over Chris. This was not a faux pas on Clive’s part. The old fossil could buy and sell most of us, but he has no class and no manners.

26. ken Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Clive Davis made a mistake when he failed to sign Elliot Yamin. He had an attraction to Chris that goes without saying. It is about money for him and American Idol- they manipulate the public- but who cares…some great talent comes out of it. I did not by the American top twelve cd last year because of Kevin and this year I will not buy it because on Sanjia (sp)- however, when the cd’s for the singers this year come out that I like I will buy them just like I did Clay, Carrie, Taylor and Elliot. I think that Chris is a great talent but I am not into his music. I enjoy Kelly but like it when she sings country. Fantasia is fantastic as is Ruben. I love Kellie’s current single- but hated the first one. I love some of her music but would buy her music if she would just shut up and sing. Clive Davis and American Idol will choose the talent they want – but I have a choice about what I enjoy and will not be manipulated by them. To bad for Clive- the Taylor will be around for along time–I guess he is just not cute enough for Mr. Davis!

27. ken Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 5:24 pm

lets face it…chris was the favourite for last yr.there was so much demand for him to win..seems a lot of u forgot the chaos around chris wen he got eliminated..and facts are facts! neither kat or taylor were successful..meaning u don need to win to be successful! Chris rulez and good for him..i think he’s better off not winning..

28. Katie Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Thanks for bringing up this subject. I have to give thanks to AI for giving us Taylor Hicks. Without them, we would not have the original, creative artistry of Taylor. We wouldn’t have been amazed and transported by his concerts. Having said that, they now can go to you know where. Poor Jordin, if she only knew what kind of people she will be working for.

29. Pat P Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 5:30 pm

I am a huge Taylor Hicks fan and I could not agree more with these comments. Clive’s speech was contrived and mean. I have been seething about it all day. I think as others have said we have to support our idols and not let AI get away with this obnoxious behavior. I just do not want to do more harm than good to Taylor. I have to write a letter but I have to wait until I cool off a bit. I am done with AI. Taylor your Soul Patrol loves you and your gave a great performance last night. Love the harp on Heaven Knows. You were the best as usual.

30. Pat P Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 5:31 pm

I am a huge Taylor Hicks fan and I could not agree more with these comments. Clive’s speech was contrived and mean. I have been seething about it all day. I think as others have said we have to support our idols and not let AI get away with this obnoxious behavior. I just do not want to do more harm than good to Taylor. I have to write a letter but I have to wait until I cool off a bit. I am done with AI. Taylor your Soul Patrol loves you and you gave a great performance last night. Loved the harp on Heaven Knows. You were the best as usual.

31. pEG Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 6:09 pm

How else should have Clive Davis done this? What he says is absolutely true. He surely couldn’t go on and on and overly praise Taylor and Katherine when Chris indeed has been more succesful to date. I didn’t take insult to this…I am a fan of all 3. He is just saying that Chris has done very well for himself thus far, and the other 2 will reach that height in time also.

32. Beth Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 6:09 pm

I would also like to thank you for this article. It said exactly what many were thinking. There have been many great responses above, and I can’t say anything any better than what’s already been said. As many have said, Chris is a major talent, but last night was not about who had sold the most. It was about Blake and Jordon and Taylor passing the torch. As the reigning American Idol, Taylor should have been given a bigger stage than any other idol, along with the two finalist. This was their night, and Taylor’s night to shine for the last time on AI. I was very upset by Clive’s remarks and the lack of respect given to Taylor, but I wasn’t surprised. They have treated Taylor this way all year, and if they had promoted him even half as much as the others, he would still be on top of the charts. As others have pointed out, for Taylor to have sold the amount he has with no promotion is remarkable.I, like others, have been fortunately to meet Taylor and see a live show. He was fantastic, and I have a ticket to see him again.The great thing about Taylor is he is true to himself. He won’t conform to how others seem to want him to be. He loves the music and is the most passionate performer I have seen in ages, whether playing to 2000 or 2, he is still the man. I am sorry for the way that Clive and AI has treated him, and I am afraid it will mean an end to any repeat performances after last night from Taylor. Heaven knows I wouldn’t blame him. The great part is Taylor will be fine. He is a star and although I thank AI for putting him out there for me to see,AI will not make or break Taylor. Taylor is doing what he loves. Isn’t that all any of us ever ask for?

33. Katie Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 6:16 pm

It may be true that Chris has sold more records than Taylor or Kat but it should of been worded better the way he put it made it look like Kat and Taylor sucked and Chris was the idol of our time. Hey Taylor fans at least you got to see him this season Kat was snubbed!

34. Debbie Jurkovac Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 7:07 pm

Well, I was perturbed at first
    but got over it because not
    everyone is going to agree on
    who should be “American Idol.”
    I like Jordan and Blake but I
    thought Melinda should have won
    this season.
    I like Chris Daughtry too and
    my hubby thinks Chris should have won last season but that’s the
    way it goes. Chris can sing
    and he plays the guitar well.
    It’s just that I like Taylor’s
    kind of music better (I really
    enjoy the 70′s music and I
    went to school then). He
    plays a mean harmonica and
    he also plays guitar. I really
    enjoy singers who not only sing
    but can also play an instrument.
    Anyway, I thought the finale show
    was great again.

35. Loni Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 7:08 pm

Would it have killed Clive or AI to have had Ryan announce the following after Taylor’s performance?

“Season Five American Idol winner, Taylor Hicks everyone – singing his latest release, ‘Heaven Knows’ off his self-titled debut album (Ryan holds up a copy of the CD) — the album’s in stores now, and you can download this single on Monday off of iTunes. Thanks Taylor!!!”

Would it have killed Clive or AI to have made mention that Taylor just finished the first leg of a very successful coast-to-coast concert tour – and that he’ll be hitting the road again with his band in two weeks?

Would it have killed Clive or AI to make mention of the July release of Taylor’s autobiography, “Heart Full of Soul?” (which is currently soaring up the Amazon.com pre-order rankings)

Apparently, at Clive’s age, he DID feel there was too much of a risk to his health – which is why none of these announcements were made. Heaven forbid that an American Idol winner have immense success over and above just record sales!

It was more than obvious that by Clive’s phrasing, he viewed both Taylor AND Kat as failures. How sad for him to be so short sighted and unable to see the bigger picture – pity the man.

… as for AI: well, given the reviews and the caliber of last night’s show overall, I’d say they’ve pretty much jumped the shark. Aside from Taylor and the other guest performers (minus Bette Midler, who I can’t quite figure out ‘why’ Caesars hired her to fill Celine’s shoes/theatre), the finale barely had a pulse (which is probably the BEST way to describe the entire season).

It’s all downhill from here on out, folks! The best of American Idol has come and gone (and Elvis truly HAS left the building… as have I!).

36. PBoyers Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 7:29 pm

A Change Is Gonna Come…Oh Yes It Will

I do want to acknowledge that I will always be thankful to American Idol for bringing the talent of Taylor Hicks to America. I would never have known about him if he had not taken that chance, put it all on the line to go for the brass ring. So for that, Thank you American Idol.

You know I was a faithful fan of AI and watched it with my family, we voted our fingers off for many different Idols through all the seasons, until this last season. No offence to anyone trying to make their dreams come true.

But AI crossed the line. Simon acts like a spoiled brat and I’m tellin’ ya, America is getting tired of it. Season 6 was a bore………………

The way Taylor has been disrespected ever since he WON the title on AI is disgraceful. Ruben did not go out and sell millions of CDs, but he has always been treated with respect. Not so for Taylor. He must have really pissed someone off. I remember so well the scowl on Simon’s face when Taylor won. (see spoiled brat or Brit – whatever)

The show has gotten so mean spirited. Not to even mention in last night’s finale that Taylor was last year’s winner. Or anything…at all… about Taylor. (I do NOT count Clive’s snide remarks as a complement) Not even an intro… but then that was not the first time either. I was so hoping that AI would at lest show some common courtesy, but alas I guess for them it is all about the numbers and nothing else.

I know Taylor has a very long and successful career as a working musician and I will look forward to each new CD, concert, appearance and book release. I also look forward to the change that will come to the music scene. Good music always has a place and with Taylor’s help it now has a chance to shine once again.

I am SOUL PATROL and proud of it. Many of my younger friends love Taylor and are just waking up to his style of music. How can you not, it puts a smile in your heart and lift in you step. Yes, change doesn’t happen overnight, it takes time. And Taylor has all the time he needs.

Thank You TAYLOR HICKS for putting it all out there for us to see and appreciate.

This all makes me a little sad but it’s time to move onward and upward.

Taylor Hicks WON Season 5 and he will always be my American Idol!!!!!

37. Carol Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 7:49 pm

My personal opinion is that Clive is even more into power and control than he is money. I took the speech last night as a reminder that when the boss says “jump” you ask “how high”. A speech about the numbers did not belong in the final show which should be a celebration of the music. If that is all the show is about (and it is) we should all stop watching. I don’t think any real talent is going to be interested much longer when they see how previous winners are treated. Now that I have found Taylor I wish that show would just go away. I would also like to remind people that Simon also told Taylor last season that he was a “very good singer” One song was “magic” and on one that he loved it. My memory quite good. As a musician,performer, and bandleader, Taylor has more talent than anyone I have seen for awhile.
    Talent will win out, I hope.

38. Carol Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 7:51 pm

To anyone posting here remember the posters name is at the bottom of their post and the name you are looking at at the top is not the poster. I saw some getting jumped on for things they did not post. its confusing the way its set up.

39. Sanjaya Sucks Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 7:58 pm

Chris Daughtry is proof of how american idol is a joke. He should have won last year like Melinda should have won this year. Naturally he is doing better than Taylor because he is a much better singer and performer. Same thing will happen this year. Melinda will do much better than Jordan proving once again american idol is nothing but a joke.

40. Yum Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 8:02 pm

I hate most of the Soul Patrol and Tick fans because they’re like an overzealous cult that eats their own alive. They’re a bunch of whiners and undersexed housewives that wreak of desperation and THUD at the sight over Taylor’s homely face. He proved last night that he can’t sing a lick, and he looked awkward doing it. Daughtry is the HUGE success story of season 5 and that’s why Mr. Clive Davis gave him the accolades. Taylor will never be a mainstream success because his music sucks and puts anyone under the age of 60 to sleep. A lot of his fans are deranged and stalk and harass anyone that has something negative to say about the guy. They’re truly a pathetic bunch of lunatics. Taylor travels with a gay guy named Bill who he calls his “companion”. I think his fangirlies turned him Gay, unless he already was before their insanity.

41. Gypsee Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 8:21 pm

Ummm the first comment is by me, Gypsee, not the second one which has my name attached to it. Whoever does the comments here, please fix that? :) Thanks

42. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 8:46 pm

Wow, you Daughtry fans are really easily influenced by the big machine called idol….they have brainwashed as they have many as they have pimped Daughtry all season long…..the opposite for Taylor….I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW MANY CDS DAUGHTRY WOULD HAVE SOLD WITH NO RADIO AIRPLAY (which was paid for by Mr. Clive Davis)and if he was as forgotten by American Idol as every other FOURTH place finisher. I mean c’mon…anyone can be marketed to multi platimun if enough money is thrown behind them …look at Brittany Spears!

43. Tom Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 8:55 pm

Okay…I went to a Daughtry concert…I was a fan….very disappointed…50 minute show..very amateurish…can see in any bar a band that covers creed and nickelback. I was forced to go to a Taylor Hicks concert with some friends….and now…I have to admit, he absolutely nailed the show. 90 minutes on non-stop entertainment of a very high caliber.

44. bsunga. Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Taylor’s time will come to prove anyone who doubted him wrong again. He did that the first time with winning American Idol and he can do it again, beating out all the odds. Everyone has been doubting him from the start (except Hicks fans) and still is. I hate the fact that everytime he proves everyone wrong he has to prove them wrong again. But the good part is that when he does, I can’t wait to see the reaction on people’s faces….
    And as fans, we’re loadin up on our “I told you so.” But since we are the Soul Patrol, we’re loadin up our “Soul Patrol!”

So peace out!
    And Soul Patrol!
    (there’s more where that came from…)

45. bsunga. Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 9:33 pm

So peace out!
    And Soul Patrol!
    (there’s more where that came from…)

46. DeCosta Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 9:34 pm

I agree. Clive Davis was disrepectful to Taylor. He won the competion fair and square and should be promoted as much as possible. I am a big Taylor Hicks fan. I am from Toronto Canada and I would like to see Taylor preform, but I know he won’t be coming to Canada because he doesn’t seem to be popular. To me it apprears that he is trying to drop Taylor like a hot potato. If you think Taylor was treated bad, Ruben was treated far worse. If you watch season 2 finale, Simon says Ruben and Clay’s single will be released the same day. To me that’s not right. Ruben won fair and square and should be promoted properly and have his single out first. Then Clay can have his single out two weeks later. Sorry to go off topic a bit but I can understand the fans being upset on how American Idol and Clive Davis treat some of their winners.

47. Tawanda Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 9:37 pm

Taylor is comic relief. He shouldn’t have won. He isn’t a mega star because he isn’t a good singer. I thought Clive Davis chose his words carefully and made a positve comment leading into the fact that Chris D. has been a huge success. He didn’t have to even do that, but he was very, very generous with the credit he gave this lousy no talent. Go to youtube and watch Taylor’s audition. He acts retarded as he did throughout the entire season. He was also caught on camera with some very negative actions and expressions towards the other contestants. He only gave a s88t about himself and was on an ego trip. The votes were “messed with” by the soul patrol. Thank God that a southener didn’t win this year. Hopefully this is good-bye to the fake good ole’ boy system for AI.

48. micky Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 9:53 pm

let’s face it…Hick is just horrible…like a performer on a cruise to nowhere….those people who voted for him to b the winner…well…it’s your JOB to get him to the top again….don’t blame others

49. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 10:04 pm

Actually his fans have done a pretty good job. It is the producers of AI who don’t give him much credit for what he is doing. Taylor is still at the top, selling millions of albums because of her fans so don’t come here and say nobody is doing anything to help him. Clive is not giving him the recognition he deserves. He won American Idol last season and he is doing great, but the producers of AI are still treating him very badly and I seriously doubt it is because of age. This is something PERSONAL and I want to know why are they against him. Chris Daughtry is old and has a wife so I doubt they treat Taylor that way because of his grey hair and older appearance.

50. lristen Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 10:20 pm

Clive Davis’ “annual report card” on Idol record sales brought The American Idol finale show to an awkward, screeching halt. The speech unfairly compared record sales of certain artists over others. This was not the time or place, it was ill-timed, rude, and unfair.
    After enduring dozens of articles and reviews over the past 6 months that dutifully put out the very same record sales comparisons ad nauseum , I was happy that Taylor Hicks would be able to return and finally get a chance to perform a song from his album. The same stage where last year, based on his charismatic performances and soulful singing style, he ignited a powerful fanbase which decisively voted him American Idol 2006. The show was his direct conduit to the American public. Once out in the real world of record and radio middlemen and manipulation, the same barriers that got in his way for the first 10 years of his struggling career were back in place.
    He worked to put out an overall excellent album which compared favorably to any fron the idol franchise. He received high marks for his vocals. His original songs were praised. Once again, Taylor Hicks delivered. The main criticism the album received was that the songs were too poppish for Taylor’s style. These were the songs that Clive brought to him personally in some cases, by the way.

What followed was a series of bad moves from the record company, under the direction of Clive Davis. The album was rushed out in time for the Christmas season. There was no single released to promote the album beforehand. The album debuted at number 2, and promptly dropped like a stone on the charts due to lack of a single or radio play. A single was finally released to the Adult Contemporary format, a market which rarely has any significant sales impact.
    Given, Taylor’s vintage style is a tough sell in the current alt-rock, hip hop, teen pop dominated market, which is why continued comparisons are unwarranted.

So in short,if anything, Clive failed Taylor and Katharine, not the other way around. As Louis Armstrong once famously told him: “Mr Davis, I make the records, it’s your job to sell them. So based on that, let’s look at Clive’s report card: Three outstanding artists from the 5th season. One smash, 2 flops

For what it’s worth, the day after Taylor Hicks made his return to the American Idol stage. His album sales jumped over 1400% up to #17 on the overall sales chart, and #2 for R&B. Once again it was Taylor Hicks, not Clive Davis, who did his job. Taylor Hicks moves up, American Idol ratings move down. Instant Karma.

51. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 10:43 pm

I just have to say that I’m over Chris Daughtry with all the “He should have won!!!” thing. I believe that Taylor was right to win and that Katharine had a right to stay until the finale. I’m not a huge fan of Taylor’s, but you have to give him credit for selling the amount of records that he has sold. And also that I think that Katharine is just experimenting with what sounds good to her and I personally like her debut album. And that I’m not a fan of Chris’s though.

52. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 10:44 pm

53. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 10:45 pm

54. Anonymous Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 11:18 pm

if tays fans would stop jumping anyone that dont kiss his a..ss maybe more would by his cd instead of welcoming new fans they eat them alive maybe taylor and his boy toy bill will come out of the closet soon and the world will see taylor for the person he is

55. Steve Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 11:45 pm

I’m amused by the mention of Hicks’ lack of promotion. He received so much more promotion than Daughtry, who only appeared on a few shows and did low-key radio promotion before his single was released, not withstanding the video for his single came out after his single. Chris sold more than Taylor simply because he’s a better singer, has a better delivery, writes better songs (not that Taylor contributed to his album as a writer), as well as being an ambitious, hard-working professional artist who takes advice from others in the industry, unlike Taylor’s abrasive stubbornness. Taylor may have a more difficult genre to penetrate, but he has done so poorly simply because his CD is bad, even by the most open-minded standards. Look at Harry Connick Junior and his over-arching success out of the mainstream genre. Taylor has a devoted fan base that will follow him to Las Vegas in a few years, and something tells me that will be just fine with him.

56. Cjtruth Says:
    May 24th, 2007 at 11:56 pm

Taylor Hicks forever lost in the shadow of DAUGHTRY.

57. Erin J. Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 12:40 am

I am a fan of both Hicks and Daughtry, but Clive’s comments made me cringe. It felt odd and out of place. An obvious attack disquised as praise. Very petty. I’m not a huge conspiracy theorist … but the fact Taylor hasn’t released a video when every other Idol contestant with a CD has (including 7th place Bucky) is definitely a sign of poor publicity.
    If Clive and the A.I. machine don’t want to promote Taylor, fine, whatever … but its sad they go out of their way to dis him.

58. Jeanne Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 12:53 am

Carrie’s rendition of “She’s Leaving Home” was absolutely fantastic-I can’t believe someone would say it was unrecognizable! It is one of the most beautiful ballads ever written by the Beatles-and one of the best songs on Sgt. Pepper!! Carrie did the song great justice.

If I was to feel sorry for anyone regarding Clive’s speech-it would be Ruben. He didn’t even get a mention-and Clay Aiken did! I am a huge Clay fan so I am glad he got a little shout out-but Ruben deserved some type of mention!!

59. Taylor is the Man Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 2:29 am

First of all, Taylor not being introduced was not to lend an element of surprise. Anyone who watched the Red Carpet special right before the show knew he was going to be there. Taylor deserves the respect that all last years voters want him to have. He was voted the winner by America, so apparently more AI fans wanted him to win than not. AI is pathetic in their blatant dislike for him and the fact that he won. What makes this show so interesting is that America itself has a say in the outcome. When it isn’t what the judges or Davis wants, they pout and get revenge and take it out on Taylor. Petty and unprofessional. Seems to be more politics here than in the White House. But, even with AI against him last year, America loved him and he beat all odds. He wasn’t lucky enough to get pimped all year by at least one judge. He did it all on his own, and AI doesn’t seem to like the fact that he is independent and does what he thinks is right. At the very least, THE VERY LEAST, AI, the judges, and Crazy Clive owe Taylor and America a huge apology for making such a black mark in the finale and making America uncomfortable. I know I was. If America liked Daughtry so much he wouldn’t have gone out 4th! I am bitterly disappointed, and I hope AI and Davis get a copy of these comments, because what they did was blatant and rude, self serving, and frustrating. This season sucked because there will never be another season to top last year, with such a fantastic top 10 with many going on to be successful. Taylor is a people guy, and should have been interviewed last night and had a part in the “passing of the torch”, it would have been very nice, but AI wouldn’t even do that much. No wonder Jennifer Hudson doesn’t want to acknowledge AI much. What a slap in the face to all the faithful AI watchers last year who loved Taylor. What AI and Clive did stinks.

60. Jay Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 2:38 am

I don’t think Clive intended it to sound negative toward Taylor or Katherine at all. I think he was trying to point out that DAUGHTRY is currently the #1 selling album of 2007 and wanted to acknowledge the two of them also. Chris’ success came from a lot of hard work on his part and that shouldn’t be discounted in any way. What else could Clive say about Tay and Kat?? Not much on their lists of accomplishments…yet

61. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 5:51 am

How about a mostly sold out 53 city tour…oh yeah, that money does not line Clive’s pockets…it is a shame that all of Chris’s “hard work” CD sales are going in Clive’s pockets and not Chris’s. Chris’s 50 minute show is not going to sustain his popularity….good thing he is fronting Nickelback this summer…I guess he has to.

62. Cass Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 6:34 am

I found AI’s finale to be extremely boring as was the entire last season. No one really stood out, no great personalities, except Sanjayia’s (sp?) hair?
    Clive’s ‘speech’ brought the entire show to a screeching halt. Carrie did not seem impressed by yet another award? It was hard for Taylor to get the crowd warmed up after all the negativity. The only good thing that may come of this show….. Taylor’s sales should go up! A little reverse psychology? :)
    As for Chris…. his performance the other night… hmm.. great eyeliner? I cant remember the song and he did not look like he wanted to be there.
    all in all…. hohum…
    Dont think I will tune in next year!

63. Sarah Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 8:15 am

Why are people so upset by this? Clive Davis didn’t say anything that wasn’t true. He wasn’t being rude, he was being encouraging, saying that he felt the new singles could push Taylor and Kat to bigger success. He mentioned Taylors’ platinum album status. The fact is, they haven’t even come close to selling out the records, singles OR the concerts that Chris has. Whether the success is based on talent or not is purely opinion, and Clive wasn’t giving his. All he was doing was reporting the statistics, and he didn’t say one thing that wasn’t true. Chris has worked hard to achieve what he got. Taylor obviously did too, but the fact is, Chris IS the biggest selling artist of the year, straight across the board. He WAS the breakout artist from the show last year. Not acknowledging that would have been ridiculous. Clive only said that while Chris had already achieved it, Taylor and Kat could STILL go on to achieve it. How is that an insult?

64. Maxine Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 8:49 am

What Clive Davis did was so low- class and unnecessary. As a Taylor Hicks fan it was insulting and rude. Just shows how slimy American Idol really is. “If the one THEY want does not win, the pick and push THEIR choice.” To Hell with the American public on what they think. Chris Daughtry was voted off because he had less votes. However, his genre is more conducive to filling AI’s pockets. How difficult would it have been for the classless, money-hungry Clive Davis to give some respect to the Season 5 winner? Taylor Hicks is not dead, he is alive and touring the entire country. Couldn’t he mention Taylor’s CD? What goes around comes around. I only pray that the dishonesty of American Idol and any crookedness with the sales numbers if there is any, will eventually be exposed. Taylor Hicks brought life, dignity and class to AI. They don’t like his type of music. Soulful, from the heart, does not fit well and could not be spoken in the same sentence with AI and Clive Davis, they don’t have a heart. It’s only about the ratings and money.

65. Maxine Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 8:51 am

66. Buck W Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 9:11 am

The biggest snub of all was that KATHERINE was the only one NOT invited to appear on Idol!

She would have enjoyed a big sales boost from singing one of the ballads from her CD, like “Ordinary World”

67. Buck W Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 9:12 am

68. MPee Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 10:30 am

I somehow find this all very interesting. Does AI not realize that by smashing Hicks they’re actually promoting him? Who says negative advertising doesn’t sell? To top it all off, Hick’s gracefullness towards all this makes him come out the better person everytime! AI is losing credibility and certainly not by the doing of others. When even non-Taylor Hicks fans are disgusted by the mistreatment of him I think it’s time AI opened it’s eyes.

69. Janice Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 10:42 am

Glad to see other’s were as taken back by Clive’s comments as I was. Not the time or place for a “report card”, especially one that only grades based upon how much money Clive get. I think Carrie was also embarrassed saying something to the effect of “Thanks but let’s get back to what’s important tonight”. Daughtry is definitly favored. Taylor is definitely dissed beginning with the auditions this year and Simon’s comments there and on various talk shows.
    I’ve seen both Taylor and Chris in concert. Was dissapointed in Chris’s – very short and straight from his CD which I think is good especially if you’re a Nickleback fan. Saw 3 of Taylor’s concert – each one different and high energy with the audience standing and dancing along. Ages varied from children to the elderly.
    Re: what else Clive could have said: Headlining his first national tour and filling concert halls to near capacity, invited to sing for the President twice, multiple appearances on The Tonight Show, doing great work for charity including an upcoming event for Kids One Transport in which he will be reading from his new book to be out in July “Heart Full of Soul”, invited to golf in various tournment for charity with recent donations of $7500 each to two of Taylor’s favorite charities – Kids One Transport and Studio by the Tracks and on and on.

70. Anonymous Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 10:45 am

If Taylor had any accomplishments to talk about, then maybe Clive would have said more about him, but he doesn’t. His fans need to realize that it’s been a year since the season ended, and the idols are in the real world now, and both Clive and AI should NOT have to recognise Taylor just because of where he finished on the show. All of his fans are just jealous of Daughtry’s success, and it obviously eats them up inside that they talked about how Taylor would outsell everyone, but guess what? They were WRONG. Daughtry deserves the recognition that Clive gave him because he has been the most successful season 5 idol, and it wouldn’t be fair not to single him out when he’s accomplished so much, and worked hard for this. MAYBE Clive should have recognised Taylor as being the LOWEST SELLING IDOL IN AI HISTORY, or for being the BIGGEST FAILURE THE SHOW HAS SEEN, but he chose not to. Maybe he should have, since the audience could have used a good laugh, but then again, they got one when Taylor performed.

71. vicky Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 10:56 am

the season finale was the second time ive noticed that ryan seacreast did not even care to introduce taylor hicks,the first was during the idol give back presentation when he mentioned and introduced those who game message but gave no introductory spiel when it was time for hicks to give his statement,if they are having problems with hicks ,why not go ahead and say it publicly,bec blatanty ignoring hicks presence will not earn them the respect n admiration of the public

72. CGDUNNE Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 11:42 am

You Daughtry fans are something else. You just don’t get it, do you? Still mad after the fact that you were complacent last year in him winning the whole thing. Who cares? He is doing fine and so is Taylor. But to sit there and cut on Taylor’s fans the way you have and have done in the last year is really stupid. You sound totally ridiculous. Venom, nothing but venom in your comments. Taylor’s fans don’t do that. Clive Davis is all about money, thats all he cares about. Someday Clive will no longer be with us and hopefully someone with a heart will be the next big mogul in the music industry and care a little more about heart than money. Hey Soul Patrol, our man is at least genuine. He doesn’t have to wear eyeliner and eyeshadow to hype up his image. What is with that anyway, the eye makeup? Yikes! Scary!

73. rosemary hofherr Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 12:38 pm

I did cringe when Davis made his comments,as it wasn’t the proper time or place. They already bragged about Chris and Kerry earlier in the season. This was the finale, the night for Season’s 5 winner to pass the tourch to the 6th AI. Every past winner has been welcolmed and introduced by Seacrest. I expected the same for Taylor, and for him to be promoted by AI, loved and respected as the Idol winner. No intro, no special billing, praise, performance time,or position over past winners was shocking. Last year Kerry was introduced, sang her single , and sang with the final 12,decked out in white. Clive Davis, you did come off as only caring about money. You owe an apology to Taylor, big time. An American Idol boycott by Taylor’s fans, may get your attention. Taylor was so entertaining season 5 and the finale week viewership was 7,000,000 ahead of season 6. You praised the judges yet Clay and Jordon were screened out in their first cities and Simon passed on both Chris and Taylor.

74. rosemary hofherr Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 12:40 pm

75. Karen Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 1:52 pm

For me Clive Davis has done nothing but hurt American Idol. Firs off something they have never done before on Idol was to allow runner-ups to sign contracts let alone release a CD before the First and Second place winners. If this type of behavior continues on the part of Ai and Clive Davis they will be messing up a good thing for sure.

Clive pretend that Chris has done so well. I just wonder how good he would have done if his CD have been release around the same time Elliott was???? I wonder how much push Clive gave the radio stations to play Chris CD?? Just to make his point.

This is America’s Show and if they continue along the lines they have American will stop watching and buying. Everyone knows that AI has given the record industry a shot in the arm increasing very slow sales. Clive should appolized to both Taylor and Katherine.

Clive is an old man with a lot of money and very little manners.

76. jb Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Clive should know better. It was rude, but then not surprising Best to
    all the idols, I for one did not miss Fantasia. She did not have the talent of several others that year.
    Taylor will prove his staying power long after some of the others.
    Reuban was also dished beacause he has not sold the large amt of records but boy did he sound good!
    Simon, well just won’t go there!
    cosider the source.

77. Joanne Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 5:33 pm

The reason Daughtry only does 50 min. shows is because he can’t hit the notes and his voice cannot sustain anything longer than that. When he sang “Home” the other night, it didn’t even sound like the recorded version at all! I must say, I was very bored with his performance. One thing that Clive seems to miss is that concerts selling out are just as important if not more important than CD sales. Take the Stones, for example. Their CDs have done horribly since 1981, but when they go on tour, it is sold out concerts left & right. They are making money hand over fist with their live performances which are much, much better than the recorded product.

To quote Taylor from People magazine: “If I can take #1 on Idol, I can take #2 on the charts. I don’t care about numbers, I care about music.” Quite contrary to Daughtry who basically just talked about the money and made it seem that’s all he cares about.

One thing that bothers me about Daughtry fans is they are always throwing this crud in Hicks’ fans faces. They love to gloat and it is sickening. I had a voice mail message from a Daughtry fan who was laughing their butt off after Clive’s speech knowing full well how much I love Taylor.

If I could turn back time, I would have made a huge campaign on the Internet to let Taylor come in 3rd or 4th so we wouldn’t be dealing with all of this nonsense right now. But, then again, that doesn’t mean Daughtry would have won – it probably would have been Kat or Elliott anyway and Daughtry fans would be sticking the knife in the fans of those two talents. Sickening.

78. Beth Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Man, it’s amazing to me how the people that dislike Taylor really trash him. Also, it’s real easy to talk trash when you won’t even put your name on your comments.It’s also a shame that people feel the need to take pot shots at Taylor when all he has ever done is live his dream. Although, I have seen a few comments that have dished Chris, the majority of Taylor fans really do respect the talent that Chris is. Chris has done well, and rightfully so, but it’s alot easier to sell records when one of your songs is being played every week on the #1 show. Look what AI did for Daniel Powder’s Bad Day. Now that’s not to take anything away from the song, but when millions and millions of people hear it every week, it will definately become a hit. In my part of the country, I have never heard any of Taylor’s songs except for Do I Make You Proud, and believe me it took calling the stations many, many times to get that. I was told stations won’t play a song unless it is top 40, but to be in the top 40, the stations have to play the song. Of course that is bull. The stations play what the record companies want them to play.

As for someone saying that Taylor didn’t write any of the songs on his CD, that isn’t true, and of course if you had heard any of his previous CD’s, you would know he is an amazing songwriter.

Bottom line is, if you don’t like Taylor, why are you even reading comments about him, and making your own comments? Go follow whoever you like and leave Taylor alone. Like I’ve said before, all Taylor is doing is living his dream. If he sells millions of CD’s or 700,000, that doesn’t mark his career. There have been great singers over the years that never had hits, but they are still great singers. It takes all kinds of artist and all kinds of music to make history great. If Taylor’s not your bag, that’s OK, but he is someone’s. Let’s stop the bashing of people we don’t even know. Whether it be Chris or Taylor, neither deserves some of the remarks that have been made.If we could all be as fortunate as Taylor or Chris to be doing what we love, the world would be a much better place.

79. Cara Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 9:38 pm

I am so incredibly tired of all the “Chris shoud’ve won” crap. He didn’t. Not even close…not second, not third, but FOURTH! And here’s why…the EGO far outweighs his talent. Doesn’t anyone remember last year when he sang “I Walk the Line” and ohhh, it was so original and he was sooo talented…and you better believe he stood up there like an idiot, grinning the whole time. Only, he wasn’t smiling so much the next week when Ryan Seacrest had to accompany him in his sad attempt at an apology for taking credit for “Lives” rendention of the song. And who has the audacity to audition his own friends for his new “famous” band, and then rejects them because the studio band was better? But, yeah, rock music is all about the camaraderie, right? Whatever Chris.

I am also so sick of money hungry vultures like Clive Davis trying to tell me what music I should enjoy…when I think of all the decent musicians out there, trying there best to make a living, but never quite make it because they don’t look as attractive as the stupid blonde or hot guy that can’t sing a note in tune, I feel incredibly ripped off. I hate manufactured CRAP! I can’t even listen to the radio anymore because the freakin’ record labels dictate their every move, thus providing us with CRAP!

As for Taylor…yeah, I’m a huge fan. I enjoy his music, probably because when I see him in concert or wherever, I can tell he loves what he does…he loves to perform, he loves to sing, and he isn’t willing to kiss that old geiser’s behind to get him anywhere. If this album is the last one the man ever puts out, which isn’t going to happen, but if it did, I know that he would be perfectly happy going back to playing in bars and weddings, because for him, it’s not about the money or the numbers…it’s about doing what he loves. As far as him contributing to his album…some people have been terrible misinformed, or perhaps, choose to be ignorant. Taylor actually wrote two of the songs on his CD, three if you bought the CD at WalMart. Not only that, this is actually his third CD and if you go to his concerts, you will see that the majority of his concert revolves around his own work and ideas. Furthermore…he was able to recreate classic songs by Ray Charles and Marvin Gaye on his album. (Some of you may want to do some research to see who these legends are and if they sold enough albums to impress you.) Not only that, he had the honor of recording “The Right Place” written by Ryan Adams with Ray Charles in mind, but it never got recorded. I believe he was told upon entering the recording studio of Ray Charles (his idol) that “Ray would’ve loved you”. So, for someone who “can’t sing”, “act’s gay” and “looks like someone’s grandpa”, it seems he does have the respect of many a person in the recording industry. (I wish my Grandpa looked like that by the way!)

Now, I would like to say that I appreciate American Idol…because of them I now know who Taylor Hicks is and at least I can find some relief when all I get is CRAP on my radio station. I think Clive Davis is a selfish, money hungry, ignorant, old weisel who gobbles up the money of working class America and preys on their ignorance and or trusting nature. I thought about boycotting Idol next year, but I don’t think I will and here’s why. Idol is OUR chance to tell THEM what we WANT and not the other way around. Chances are that there will never be another Taylor, although I have to hand it to Blake this year. However, if there is, I will be proudly voting him/her to the finish line. And also, I believe that if I were Taylor, carrying that Harp around in my pocket, I might temted to shove it where the sun doesn’t shine the next time I saw good ol’ Clive. But then again, I am not nearly as classy as he is.

80. Helen Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 9:39 am

I thank AI for giving use Taylor Hicks,with that said i am now done with that show.

81. Joanne Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 11:41 am

I’m done with AI too. I only watched it for Taylor. The only time I will put it on again is if I know Taylor is making an appearance. I just pray that my favorite band of all time never makes an appearance on there.

82. tina Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 1:28 pm

You Taylor fans need to calm down and cool yourselves off. You are ready to fight over the LEAST comment made about Taylor that you don’t happen to like. The music business is very competitive and in all businesses, MONEY is the bottom line. Taylor isn’t upset..He is doing what he loves to do.performing for his fans..He and Chris are good friends, as well, and are saddened over their fans butting heads. If you enjoy Taylor’s music..with his stage entertainment..then enjoy it..He does…Taylor fans report Taylor is truly happy with his music arrangements..and gives a great show.. PLUS..Chris and Taylor are 2 different styles of music. IF TAYLOR WANTS IT DIFFERENT..HE WILL CHANGE IT…RELAX PEACE:-)

83. Mary Lou Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Clive Davis is an ass and American Idol should be called Simon and Clive’s Favorites!

I for one believe that Clive has been sabotoging Taylor’s career. First we have to wait forever for a single to be released from his CD and then no one seems to be doing any PR work for him. While we saw Daughtry all over the air waves we saw nothing of Taylor.

And the last straw came for me when they use a Daughtry song on AI! Give me a freaking break.

I’m so through with that show and any other that Clive or Simon have anything to do with.

84. Barb Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 3:26 pm

Very interesting commentary. I had to google Clive Davis Taylor Hicks to find this article and commentary. I couldn’t figure out why they didn’t introduce Taylor….and that Katherine didn’t even sing at all. Come on she brought down the house with “over the rainbow” last season. When artists and promoters start talking about “selling units” and numbers – I turn them off. Michael Buble started doing that in some of his articles and I was preturbed and thought – come on we don’t care about how much money you want – we just want to see you love what you do and be great at it!!!! They start talking money and albums sold and I tune out – and move on to the next artist. So in closing – I want to say the reason Chris lost is because he screamed through the last episode he was in – and American didn’t like it and they voted against it. Taylor was the underdog or “cinderella” and come on Americans love an underdog! He is an original and a class act. I like most of the singers that have come out of this competition but Sanjaya almost turned me off permanently so I might stick around for next season – we’ll see. It’s American Idol – so manipulating who is going to win? Chris lost fair and square and he doesn’t care so let them all be successful and the fans will enjoy who they like to enjoy!
    -barb

85. Arne Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 3:56 pm

I ignored Clive Davis comment. Taylor Hicks rocks and he is the best thing in the music industry. I am waiting for Taylor to explode and come into his own, when he does that. Chris can kiss his record goodbye. Clive well be up there bragging about Taylor then. I want to see Taylor sing in the level he does best. I agree with the person who saw Taylor in concert. If you see Taylor in concert is a whole diffrent ballgame.

Thanks for your article, you said what needed to be said.

Taylor will reign supreme and nothing anyone says will be able to stop him. We will see Taylor around for decades.

86. Mary Lou Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 4:07 pm

That message that has my name on it was not written by me and I have no idea how the name Tina is on MY post LOL.

But the comment that Taylor was the underdog is crazy. He was never in the bottom 3 as far as I can remember so how was he the underdog?

Taylor has an old soul and a voice that not everyone is going to like. I don’t like rock unless it’s the 60′s rock and even then I don’t like some if it.

Taylor will be around a long, long time.

87. JessicaS Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 6:55 pm

PattyCee as much as we’d like to come back to you in 2010 we wont be able to reach you because Taylor will have faded so much that his fans will no longer be around ;)

88. DAUGHTRY FAN Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 10:30 pm

OK I’ve been scrolling these comments and some are diplomatic and some are just plain hateful.
    I am not a Taylor fan but hey my Mom is. I think the real difference with Daughtry is that not only do I love them but so does my husband and my teenager. It’s just a broader audience and the cd buying ones at that. I wanted Chris to win and was very upset that he didn’t but I’m way over it now! He’s so much better off. I saw DAUGHTRY 2x once in Orlando with 40,000 screaming fans and once in St. Pete where Chris performed even though he was sick and running a fever. DAUGHTRY still ROCKED! They definately put on a fantastic live show. I can’t wait to see them with Nickleback and Staind =)

89. Stephanie Says:
    May 26th, 2007 at 11:14 pm

Clive simply showed his ass to the entire world. From what I’ve read about him he’s always been this way.

Taylor and Katharine have received the short end of the stick even though they won first and second place. If American Idol wants to figure out why their ratings plummeted over the season I will tell you why. When the producers slap the viewers in the face by disrespecting the winner and the runner up they watch something else.

The record industry can’t figure out why sales are plummeting it’s not because of piracy but because they refuse to listen to what the public is telling them.

Google Clive Davis and Payola. There will be days worth of reading. Things haven’t changed.

90. Andy Says:
    May 27th, 2007 at 8:57 am

It’s a TV Show people! Just remember that. It’s not going to change the history of the world. I didn’t watch, but not suprised Katherine was not invited – they probably thought she’d forget the lyrics again. Taylor isn’t making the money Clive wanted him to make. Daughtry is. He’s a business man – not a humanitarian.

91. Jewels R Says:
    May 27th, 2007 at 9:10 am

Last season I finally acknowledged the facts about this show; it’s largely manipulation. Sometimes subtle, other times blatant. Everything happens for a reason and the preconceived goal- with the exception of season 5 when Hicks blasted through all efforts being made by the show to shut him out. This season confirmed once and for all for me, perceptions began last year. I’m no longer an innocent Idol watcher with eyes wide shut.

Clive Davis’ blatant disregard for anything resembling art and adoration of anything that is money, the focus.

(For those readers confused by who is posting what – the name of the person for each post is found underneath the line of division between the posts.) ~ Jewels

92. Lynn Says:
    May 27th, 2007 at 11:40 am

I agree with most of you Taylor fans. I was a little ticked off to say the least about the way Taylor was treated on the finale and as for that matter all year long. I am so sick of seeing other idols this past season, and not one mention of Taylor Hicks the entire AI Season 6. This is totally unacceptable to me as a Taylor Hicks fan.

I think Clive Davis’s remarks were totally uncalled for. I think if I had to hear Chris Daughtry’s Home one more time on the AI Season 6, I would have been tempted to call the show. I think they should have let Taylor sing when each person went home, not Chris. After all, Taylor is the American Idol, not Chris. Chris is great, but enough already.

I think Clive Davis should offer up a public apology to Taylor. He should have also been introduced before his songs. That is total disrespect. The other idols were all introduced.

If anyone else has a response to my comments, please feel free. I think if enough of us Taylor fans gripe, maybe something will be done.

Taylor I love you, you deserve the utmost of respect. I look forward to seeing you in concert.

Love ya
    Lynn

93. Karen Says:
    May 27th, 2007 at 11:56 am

I hope American Idol wises up and met this Clive thing head on. Don’t let this old man ruin a good thing for all of us. Wonder why your ratings are down. Simple it’s because of the way you have treated your Winner and Second place finisher. If AI had promoted these two you would have your viewers returning in larger numbers and bring their friends. As it this shameless promotion of Chris as the winner has left a bad taste in a lot of fans mouth.

94. Carolle Says:
    May 27th, 2007 at 9:15 pm

Just to refresh everyone’s memory – Taylor is simply,
    “THE BEST.” End of discussion…..

95. cynthia Says:
    May 28th, 2007 at 8:09 am

I thought Clive’s comments were misplaced. This season was a snoozefest and it was almost like he was trying to justify the franchise. “hey, look at all the talent we find”.

And as for Taylor…I suspect he is well pleased NOT to be too heavily associated with American Idol, as appreciative as he is for the platform it provided to a national audience. I love Taylor but he is not one of ‘them’ and never will be.

I imagine Melinda has already figured out that NOT winning is a blessing. Jordin is young and they will be able to mold her into whatever they want her to be. That may not have been so easy with M who, like Taylor, is a seasoned performer who already knows who she is. The Idol machinery, combined with a mature talent, is like oil & water.

96. Lynn Says:
    May 28th, 2007 at 8:11 am

I am back! I did a post yesterday, but I also wanted to say that I am a little ticked about the way Taylor Hicks CD is being displayed. IT’S NOT BEING DISPLAYED!!!!!!! I bought Taylor’s CD when it first came out, but when I went in the other day to buy one for a friend, Taylor’s CDs were no where to be found. The stores dont even display his CD anymore that I can find. This is wrong! But, Chris Daughtry’s were right up there on top for the whole world to see and find. How is Taylor’s CD going to sell if no one can find it? Here is a message to all you stores out there, put Taylor’s CD where people can find it!!!! I know he is not the only person selling CD’s right now, but he is an American Idol. I saw Kelly Clarkson’s out for years on the top of the display. Why is Taylor’s not up there too?????

All you fans, please spread the word about this, and have any of you noticed this in your stores?

Thanks
    Lynn

97. Diane Says:
    May 28th, 2007 at 9:20 am

You’re damn straight Taylor’s fans are upset. Clive Davis is disrespectful, ignorant and greedy. It’s all about the dollar in his pocket. Of course Chris Daughtry is selling cd’s; he has blatently stolen his style and sound from Nickelback, one of the biggest selling artists out there today. Let’s see him come up with something original, like Taylor Hicks has. I am so done with Clive Davis and Chris Daughtry. Taylor Hicks is phenomenal in concert and a nice guy to boot. He has more class in his harmonica playing pinky than Clive Davis will ever have. Go Taylor.

98. Cheryl Says:
    May 29th, 2007 at 2:54 pm

Excuse me Andy – Taylor is not making money???? Taylor is making plenty money…$750,000 for his book, sold out concerts, 700,000 cd’s sold, venue’s at his concerts go completely to him – I bought 2 t-shirts and 2 coffe mugs
    $90, just from me – I’m sure a part of Chris’s money goes to good ole Clive.

Everybody deserves to have an opinion, but deliberate non-respect of the winner of AI by AI
    exec’s…go figure that out!

America…Chris Daughtry DID NOT win…Taylor DID. Get over it!
    Chris is doing great and says he is relieved he didn’t win (I think everyone in this contest wants to win, c’mon).

Anyway – Thanks to AI for giving us Taylor Hicks. Now that Taylor’s time is over. I’m done with AI.

99. Apology in Order Says:
    May 31st, 2007 at 5:57 pm

At the very least, Clive and AI owe Taylor a huge apology,and then they owe one to America. Last year America voted and wanted Taylor. Clive and AI’s behavior is a slap in the face to Taylor fans, who apparently made up the majority of their viewing audience last year. I thought that’s what this show was all about was viewer participation, but if America votes wrong, Clive gets his revenge. Tell me, watching the finale, who really cared about numbers? We can get that any day off internet and not have to listen to the nasally voice of Clive. That alone was a penance. How classless to shun Taylor like that. Who did they think they were hurting, Taylor? Hardly, but try their viewing audience. This season was so lame and such a disappointment compared to last season. I’m beginning to feel the subliminal tricks AI plays, and I am losing faith fast. Taylor, you are so awesome, just a genuine nice guy who wouldn’t think of treating anyone the way you were treated. You have too much class. It wasn’t you that AI made to look bad, if that was their intent. I’m afraid that backfired right into their faces. Clive, AI, what about that apology before you lose even more fans, as if this season wasn’t bland enough. Apology, please. You morons made me very uncomfortable springing that garbage on me while I was trying to enjoy the finale. Dirty trick.

100. Kaycey Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 1:37 am

Thank-God I am not alone!!!

I feel better knowing that all of you are behind him and I feel very secure in saying that I will be going to Taylor concerts …well into my golden years…..he’s a true talent and will be singing for us when he is Tony Bennett’s age…..(but better)….

101. twilight zone Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 3:46 am

Do you people even realize how ridiculous you sound? You have all these conspiracy theories about why Taylor isn’t selling well. Did it ever occur to you that his CD is just not good? Stop making excuses and just face the truth. If you like him fine, but don’t act like everyone in the entertainment industry is out to sabotage his career.
    I’ve never seen such ridiculous comments in my life.
    And why does AI or Clive Davis owe him an apology? All Clive did was tell the truth. And they had Taylor on the show. What did you expect them to do, roll out the red carpet when Taylor came out?
    Get over yourselves , and stop trying to blame other people for Taylor’s low sales.

102. David Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 8:17 am

I don’t know if I’m shocked or what. All the hate I read hear for Chris from Taylor fans and vice versa. First. I could care less who won the silly show. It’s the past, and it means nothing now. Let’s look and the present and the future. Buy the CD YOU LIKE. I admire both Chris and Taylor for their efforts. I wish the best for both of them.

But I would like to say 1 think to all you Tyalor fans hating on Chris. Taylor had over what? 30 million votes? And is still no where close to selling 1 million records? Where are his fans? Are they all here on this board hating on Chris? If is is so good, why aren’t HIS FANS buying his album?

Oh, well. I still wish the best for Taylor and hope things pick up for him. But you Taylor fans are the ones letting him down and NOBODY else.

103. Smiley Miller Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 2:35 pm

Please leave the gay comments
    out of it as there are rumors
    that Clay is gay as well. No
    one is bashing him. IF Taylor
    is gay, I could care less. I
    still think he can sing and
    not only that, he plays a
    harmonica and a guitar well.
    And I really enjoy Clay’s voice
    as well.

104. Ann Says:
    June 1st, 2007 at 2:49 pm

Where should I start. When A1 got to the top 24 this year, during the show they showed a 3 or 4 second clip of Taylor singing followed by a 3 or 4 second clip of Kat singing followed by A BIG SCREEN SIZE PICTURE OF HER ALBUM followed by a 3 or 4 second clip of Cris singing followed by A BIG SCREEN SIZE PICTURE OF HIS ALBUM. What’s missing? There was no BIG SCREEN SIZE PICTURE OF TAYLOR”S ALBUM or mention of it. What’s that all about. Than Simon’s gum on Taylor’s face insult, then Simon on OPRAH saying that Taylor only won because he has gray hair. No single released until almost 6 weeks after the album, no video, no radio play. I would like to know how much money Clive paid the stations to play Chris constently and not to play Taylor. Come’on. out of all the stations in the country. We can’t get Taylor airplay. I am sorry, but his cd is just as good as Kelly’s, Kat’s, Elliott’s and Bucky’s. And yet, they can ALL get airplay but Taylor. Come on my mother didn’t raise no fool.

Now at the final he could have praised the winner first – Taylor Hicks your reigning idol’s cd is platinum and what a great achievement that is with NO RADIO PLAY. He is now on a almost sold out tour and will have a wonderful future! Kat’s album is also doing very good, we are sure she will be around for a long time. And I would also like to take a few seconds and mention Chris’s cd has sold over 2.5 million. The idols are all doing great!

That would have been much more professional but he was not trying to be professional he was trying to further promote his boy and diss Taylor and Kat.

I also think it was deliberate that Taylor performed right after the dissing from Clive. But as usual, Taylor was a pure professional.

American Idol was my favorite show. Would never miss it. After there treatment of last year’s winner, I began to think much differently.

Now let’s look at this year. After Clive and Idol’s favorite Chris (because he would put the most money in their pockets) did not win and I am sure because Taylor is an experienced performer that could not get him to jump every time they said jump, they were going to be sure that the same thing did not happen this year. That is why at the finale, instead of picking two songs from the song writing contest – 1 that suite each of the contestants they made them both sing the same song. One that was surely to give the victory to Jordon. Now they have a young, innocent 17 year old that they can say jump to and she will say “How High.”

American idol is now off my list of tv shows.

105. Sherry Says:
    June 8th, 2007 at 12:26 am

Most people don’t know about the Payola scandal that has been going on for years. Clive Davis has been fired from a major record label for this very reason. He pays off radio stations to play CHRIS and then pays them NOT to play TAYLOR.

Taylor’s CD’s are not selling well because NO ONE HEARS IT!!!

And CHRIS’ CD is being played 50 times in a day on just about every station everywhere,

OF COURSE people are going to know about Chris and his CD and buy it !!

And you can NOT say that Chris songs are being played more because people are requesting them to be played. Radio stations have a set list of what they are playing, they do NOT play what people request!!!

LOTS of Taylors fans have tried all they can to get the stations to play his music and they WON”T !!

Funny how they say they play what is wanted out there in America, well this proves THAT IS A LIE!

Taylor didn’t renew his contract with AI, or he got out of it or something like that. Clive didn’t like that so he did everything in his power to take revenge on Taylor.

This same thing happened to Kelly Clarkson.

I have read many many reviews of Taylors concerts being sold out, very good shows.

I have also read many reviews of Chris’ concerts being very bad.

In ATL Chris did a show and the AJC newspaper reported that only 28 people showed up, and they got their tickets FREE! And, MOST of those people LEFT before the show was OVER !!

A major radio station in ATL pushed Chris concert so much which by the way they play Chris songs about 50 times a day.
    This radio station Star94.1 is a sponsor of AI and will NOT play Taylor!

Now why is that, since Taylor WON AI! Only ONE answer, Clive paid them off to play CHRIS and to ignore TAYLOR !!!

All this crap will come out in the end and we will see who will last…..

106. melanie Says:
    June 22nd, 2007 at 11:04 am

It’s not like Clive doesn’t have a history of payola, so it’s not that far fetched to believe he has a LOT to do with the massive airplay of an artist who finished 4th on a reality talent show.Chris has a good voice, but come on, he isn’t any better than the other like sounding artists and they don’t get near the airplay or sales that Daughtry does.I think the Chris fans are the one’s that need to wake up to reality…there is a thing called common sense and being able to read between the lines.The obvious hatred towards Taylor cannot be denied.

Comments