America’s Got Talent Dallas Auditions – Sharon Osbourne Storms Off The Set

June 05, 2007 10:52 PM by Joe Blackmon

Sharonosbourne_stormsoffThe America’s Got Talent 2 Dallas auditions produced many unusual
moments, none more so than when judge Sharon Osbourne angrily stormed
off the set. It wasn’t a contestant that upset Sharon, but rather
fellow judge Piers Morgan. Piers proved to be a crueler version of
Simon Cowell during much of the show, but it was his viciousness toward
the younger competitors that really got to Sharon.

After twelve year old Erica Marks sang “And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going,” Piers said “Bianca Ryan looked a bit like you, about the same height, wore the same set of clothes when she came on for the first time, she was incredible charming, she was modest, she was super talented, which is why she won the competition, and you are everything she isn’t.” As Piers continued on calling Erica both charmless and a Bianca Ryan-wannabe, Sharon Osbourne shook her head in annoyance. After Erica left the stage, Sharon told Piers, “You don’t have to beat her up before you throw her off.”

However, it was Pier’s comments to a nine-year old girl named Breeze, who had just performed a cheerleading routine, that proved to be too much for Sharon. Piers told Breeze, “Here’s my problem. I see lots of kids come on this stage for this competition, and sometimes like I feel quite uncomfortable, because I feel it’s not so much about you, but what your mom wants, and that she’s pushed you onto doing this and that what your mom really wants is a million dollars and a new car. That’s how it makes me feel.” Sharon protested, “Piers, I’ve just got to say that’s a bit strong.” Sharon continued “I didn’t sign up for this, Piers. I don’t know.”

When Piers asked Breeze if her mom was there, Breeze responded “Yes, and she didn’t push me, she helped me.” Host Jerry Springer brought Breeze’s mom out to defend herself. After Breeze’s mom said that Breeze made her choices on her own, Piers interrupted “Well, you see, I just don’t believe a word of that. I’m sorry, I don’t. I take the responsibility of giving somebody a million dollars very seriously and it seems to me that you just don’t accept that your daughter is not actually that,” Before Piers could finish, Sharon started ripping up yellow note cards and throwing them up in the air. Host Jerry Springer interjected “She’s not on trial. She’s not on trial. What do you do to these people?”

Sharon Osbourne then yelled “But we’re putting her on trial. She is on trial. This is horrific, and I’m going.” Sharon then stormed off the set and screamed “I’ve had it” at the audience. Backstage, Sharon said “I’m not going back out there. I’m taking off my makeup, and I’m going home.” Piers also went backstage and said “I don’t know what Sharon thinks she’s doing. Storming off, shouting “horrific,” pathetic, absolutely pathetic, frankly.”

Through a closed dressing room door, Sharon Osbourne could be heard saying “It’s shameful. I’m going to end up firing myself by tomorrow.” When Sharon did finally come out, Piers told her, “I found it offensive.” Sharon responded “But I found what you said to her offensive.”

After a producer told Piers and Sharon that Breeze was still out there waiting for their official votes, both judges did return to the stage. Sharon apologized to Breeze for walking out and said it had nothing to do with her. Piers also seemed somewhat apologetic and said “I’m sorry if I upset you, ok. I don’t like upsetting young children. I’ve got three young children myself. Alright, but what I would say to my little nine year old, you’re nine, yeah, I’ve got a nine year old son. If he was up to your level at the moment, I would say to him you’re not quite ready to go on stage in front of millions of TV viewers yet. That’s what I would say. That’s the point I was making in my clumsy English way.”

Even though neither Erica Marks nor Breeze made it through to the next round, the judges did find some talent at the Dallas auditions. The contestants that made it through included The Duttons, Meghan Miller, Nicholas Marks, Southern Girl, Fallon, Jabbawockeez Crew, The Rascals, Jordan & Nasko, and Mr. Big “Who’s The Guy” Beal.

Reality TV Magazine is
your source for America’s Got Talent
news.
For other great America’s Got Talent news, please also check out SirLinksALot: America’s Got
Talent

Topics: America's Got Talent, Sharon Osbourne |

10 Responses to “America’s Got Talent Dallas Auditions – Sharon Osbourne Storms Off The Set”

1. Anonymous Says:
    June 6th, 2007 at 2:41 pm

Bad show … the editing was all over the place . The problems :

1. Not enough really good talent was showcased . No wow factor at all . The sax player at the end played good sax though .

2. The bad talent was not even remotely amusing . There was nothing entertaining there .

3. Sharon’s theatrics were not believable to me .

4. Piers predictably buzzes an X in the first 5 seconds of every act . Although he is correct , it was annoying .

Overall , the show left me tired and annoyed and I did not feel entertained . I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull the plug on this one before the season is over even . Anyone have comments ?

2. Anonymous Says:
    June 6th, 2007 at 5:28 pm

I agree with you totally. Last night left me robbed of time for the night. In my opinion, the producers mainly showed singers and dancers, which were quite boring. The unique talent, which is what the show should be about, only were played as a quick clip.

3. JO H Says:
    June 6th, 2007 at 8:02 pm

PLEASE replace Sharon Osbourne with a real judge. I really like the show but do not intend to watch it as long as she is on there. I started to watch it last night and turned the channel. Hasselhoff and Piers are great!

4. Dave Says:
    June 8th, 2007 at 11:15 am

Concerning Peirs’s comments to the cheerleader’s mother. I have a real problem with the fact that he called her a liar on national television. He does not know the woman or anything that occured prior to the girl’s appearance on stage. How can he get away with it. For the most part I agree with his ‘buzzing’, I just don’t appreciate his harsh words, especially to children.

He may kill the show before the end of the season if he doesn’t tone down his words.

5. John Cronin Says:
    June 13th, 2007 at 10:59 pm

Sharon Osborne is overly dramatic and annoying!
    Piers is a little abrupt but is a good judge.
    David has proven himself over the years he deserves to be on the panel.
    I would try and replace Sharon.

I’m not sure about Jerry. Are there not some guys or gals out there who might deserve a shot at hosting?

6. JILLIE VAN Says:
    July 11th, 2007 at 9:19 pm

I totally enjoyed the saxaphone player….where is he? I expected him to be in the finals

7. Anonymous Says:
    July 18th, 2007 at 11:35 am

What ever happen to “Mr. Big “Who’s The Guy” Beal”.
    How come he didn’t make the top twenty! The judge fell short on that one. Asleep at the wheel again. They let through the blonde female impersonator and the male dancer. What a joke. The sad part is we didn’t even get to see Mr Big at the last cut.

8. SOPRANO ON A DANCING HORSE Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 3:20 pm

I was one of the contestants (“Soprano On A Dancing Horse”)in L.A. and performed in May for an audience and the judges. We had a great performance and David and Sharon seemed to really enjoy us. They had very nice comments but said that they didn’t feel that we were the right kind of act to ‘send on’. I DID have the pleasure of meeting Jerry Springer (Very nice person!) and, the film crew even filmed him riding my horse, ‘Hy-Glori’ out in the theatre’s back lot. …On June 23rd, the date that we were to have our performance televised, only about 3 seconds of our performance was shown, AND it was a complete MISREPRESENTATION of the truth. They edited it showing David frowning and “Xing” us, which never happened!! This has been very injurious to our wonderful reputation which I’ve worked so hard to build. It’s such a shame that a show which COULD give REAL TALENT a wonderful opportunity for exposure, is so SLOPPY in so many ways and doesn’t even seem to really care much about who they slander or hurt….Dorothy Donell, SOPRANO ON A DANCING HORSE

9. ABoy Says:
    June 17th, 2008 at 9:36 pm

Tonite’s Season Premiere was AMAZING!

These two brothers are ridiculously talented and deserve to win. Thats why this show is so good, cause it gives rare talents like these two VIOLINISTS to showcase their skills.

Check it out-

10. deedin Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 1:01 am

I agree with dave’s comments. How can anyone judge someone whom he knows nothing about. Children can easily be scarred by incidents in their lives and traumatic events can shape and mold their character. A judge can be both objective and tactful. It is difficult enough for children to perform before a live audience. To muster enough courage to do that is talent enough for a child of tender years. Criticizing her mother is the height of insensitivity. Piers is a Cowell-wanna-be.

Comments