American Inventor Judges Reject Many In Chicago And New York Auditions

June 21, 2007 12:14 AM by Joe Blackmon

Black_cougarThe American Inventor judges didn’t seem to find many inventions that
they liked in the first round of Chicago and New York auditions.  The
tone was set right from the start when Carlo Giansanti showed off his
invention of a copper mesh that could be worn on the head.  Carlo
claimed that the copper kept people healthy, but the judges didn’t buy
it.

James Davis invented the dry swim trainer.  James said the invention would help people exercise like they were swimming without the water.  Tom Jermyn invented the body squeegee towel saver, which was a device to dry the body after a shower.  Sophia Kandelaki invented a jewelry box with a long list of features.  John Lorinz invented safe sex in a bottle, which was a small bottle with a condom inside that attached to a keychain.  All four inventors met with quick rejection from the judges.

One of the most heartbreaking rejections was nine year old Molly Balevre, who invented the musical sneaker.  The judges split with two judges voting yes and two judges voting no, so Molly did not make it through.  Molly started crying, and George Foreman gave her a hug.

The judges did approve a couple inventions.  Elmer George invented whiz ball, which was a two handed paddle ball.  Sandra Erickson invented the peel away shower curtain.  Christina Raitano invented the cart cure handle cover.  John & Henrietta Sparks invented the dog ball.  Wesley Caudill invented expert racers.  All five were put through as finalists by the judges.

However, the judges soon returned to rejecting inventions.  Howard Batterman invented finger tunes, which was a glove that played music.  Joe Sparks invented the easy run belt.  Dean Rose invented Ins-Tan-Abs.  Steven Fry invented the six tab.  Steve Imes invented the wee-pod.  David Le invented a helmet attached to shoulder pads.  Silvio DiSalvatore invented the Black Cougar, which was a superhero whose one goal was to protect children.  All seven inventors did not make it to the next round.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Inventor
news.  For other great American Inventor news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Inventor

Topics: American Inventor |

9 Responses to “American Inventor Judges Reject Many In Chicago And New York Auditions”

1. robovaus Says:
    June 21st, 2007 at 7:25 am

I want to buy a Whiz Ball exercisor

2. Demark Says:
    June 21st, 2007 at 7:33 am

I can’t find the black jaguar website – any help?

Carlo is at carlocopper.com, at least its got to be him.

3. Demark Says:
    June 21st, 2007 at 7:45 am

See:
    carlocopper.com
    busydogball.com
    blackcougar.com

4. Richard Ginn Says:
    June 21st, 2007 at 2:32 pm

I think Wesley Caudill created something similar to what hot wheels has on the marketplace:

If Stan Lee does not like Black Cougar then his idea really sucks, but if the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers can sell billions worth of crap I guess Black Cougar can as well.

5. Richard Ginn Says:
    June 21st, 2007 at 2:33 pm

6. Richard Ginn Says:
    June 21st, 2007 at 2:42 pm

And one more thing, why would Wesley Caudill need to spend 300 grand on his idea. It looked like to me his idea could have been created for only a 10 grand.

7. wes caudill Says:
    June 24th, 2007 at 4:04 pm

Hot Wheels has nothing at all even close to this on the market. What you did not see on TV was the electronic Christmas tree start. That was the main key behind my invention and you did not even get to see it. For those who do not know what a Christmas tree start is check out my web site http://www.expertracers.com. Also I have a patent and copy rights on all the electronics that had to be developed. Another thing is that you get the times for each car, not shown on TV. These were the big selling points behind the invention and you did not get to see them. To bad for that. Any way’s as far as the cost is concerned. I will try and make it easy for you to grasp. There are many plastic parts internal and external. Electronics software that requires circuit boards. Remotes, speaker for sound. OK now try and imagine how much money it would take to make tooling for all those injection molded parts? Nearly $100,000. Second thing is before you can even make tooling you have engineering cost to make all the design software and write all the programs you need. Would’nt you think an engineering firm is going to charge at least $100,000 to do all this. Yes. Rapid prototype $20,000. Krazy I now. Ok next is after all this, I still need to manufacture some race tracks. Say I make 3,500 to start. Theres a cost for each track set. This puts the investment way over $300,000. Not to mention Graphic design for the packaging, Patent attorneys etc.. What most people don’t know is I have done all this and Im selling race sets now. Small time but it’s growing. Mostly hobby shops. Thanks and I hope this will answer some of your questions. Wes Caudill http://www.expertracers.com. see video on youtube.

8. Wes Says:
    June 24th, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Hi Richard. I have seen that race track by Hot Wheels just released this past year. This is just a race track that folds out and you press the button and the cars go down the hill with a finish indicator. No electronics. Cheap. Expert Racers has a real electronic Fully functional christmas tree just like real drag racing that is independently opperated by each player. Plus digital finish line with time display for each car. I hope that will clearify the diffence between my track and the Hot Wheels track. One more thing is My track has been in Hobby shops for several years now so if any buddy was trying to make something similiar to one another it was them not me.

9. James Davis Says:
    July 4th, 2007 at 5:41 pm

Thank you for all the interest but I wanted to present my side of what went wrong from the show. First, I had to assemble the thing in the dark cause we needed to move it on to the stage. When I assembled it I did not make the length adjustment properly and I did not realize that until I was on the DrySwim Trainer and falling off of it BECAUSE I was not able to reach the foot stablizer stirups so it appears not to work. But as you can clearly see from my website it DOES WORK. http://www.dryswimtrainer.com/ and click here: http://www.dryswimtrainer.com/dryswimtrainer-video/ and double click on the arrow button. If you want to be the first one on your block to own a DrySwim Trainer click here: http://www.dryswimtrainer.com/Own-Your-DrySwm-Trainer/.

Comments