So You Think You Can Dance Results – Faina Savich & Jimmy Arguello Eliminated

June 21, 2007 09:14 PM by Joe Blackmon

Sytycd_jimmy_fainaFor the second So You Think You Can Dance results show, the eighteen
remaining dancers opened the show with a group dance to “It Was All In
Your Mind” by Wade Robson.  Host Cat Deeley wasted no time in calling
Lauren Gottlieb & Neil Haskell, Jessi Peralta & Pasha Kovalev,
and Jaimie Goodwin & Hok Konishi to center stage.  Cat revealed
that Lauren & Nei and Jaimie & Hok were safe, but Jessi &
Pasha were in the bottom three.

The second group called to center stage was Lacey Schwimmer & Kameron Bink, Anya Garnis & Danny Tidwell, and Sabra Johnson & Dominic Sandoval.  Cat revealed that all three couples were safe.  The third group called to center stage was Sara Von Gillern & JesÃs Solorio, Shauna Noland & Jimmy Arguello, and Faina Savich & Cedric Gardner.  Cat revealed that Sara & JesÃs were safe, but Shauna & Jimmy and Faina & Cedric were in the bottom three.

The bottom six dancers performed solo routines in front of the judges.  Jessi Peralta danced to “Hurts So Bad” by Kina.  Pasha Kovalev danced to “Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That” by Robert Randolph & The Family Band.  Shauna Noland danced to “Everything” by Lifehouse.  Jimmy Arguello danced to “Veins” by Charlotte Martin.  Faina Savich danced to “Do You Love Me” by The Contours.  Cedric Gardner danced to “Hide And Seek” by Imogen Heap.

While the judges deliberated, special guest Daddy Yankee performed “Impacto” from his new album “El Cartel: The Big Boss.”  On the girls’ side, the judges selected Faina Savich for elimination.  Faina said “I would like to say that this experience has been truly, truly by far the most like amazing I’ve ever had in my life.”  On the boys’ side, the judges selected Jimmy Arguello for elimination.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

8 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Results – Faina Savich & Jimmy Arguello Eliminated”

1. Nancy (Miami FL) Says:
    June 22nd, 2007 at 9:35 am

VERY VERY VERY VERY UPSET with
    last night’s decisions

CEDRIC – it was time for him to go

JESSI – should have gone tooooo

JIMMY/FAINA much talented dancers
    and follow all type of choreography

I AM VERY VERY VERY UPSET

2. Terri Wilson Says:
    June 22nd, 2007 at 2:24 pm

Last nights results were WRONG!!!!!
    I understand different, but different isn’t enough. You’ve removed people from the show who are trained dancers, capable of more than one type of genre. You’ve kept someone who is having a good time trying new things, and I understand the sentiment, but that’s not what this show is supposed to be about. This is a contest of dancing ability , as well as versatility. You’ve let sentiment overrule reality and fairness. There are other dancers to consider, not just the different one. They count too.

3. Wootch Says:
    June 22nd, 2007 at 4:30 pm

Definitely think they made the wrong call about Faina and Jimmy. Cedric, while amazing, is a one trick pony and while I had expected it to be Shauna that went home, she definitely pulled it out with her solo. If she could dance like that more often, she could go far and really surprised me. That left Faina and Jessi and I actually think it was Jessi, hotness aside, that dropped the ball. One can’t help but wonder if the judges are keeping in mind the appeal factor of Jessi and Cedric. Actually, we don’t have to wonder because that’s what they’re doing, obviously. They are trying to keep the appealing, unique people and one can’t really blame them. It’s TV. While I don’t always agree with it, their aim is top find America’s FAVORITE dancer, NOT America’s BEST dancer. Too bad we won’t get to see Jimmy and Faina, who barely scratched the surface of what they can REALLY do. As for Cedric, I think we’ve already seen the best that he can do.

4. HardDrive Says:
    June 23rd, 2007 at 8:54 pm

To Faina…dont feel bad. To me you are the best dancer. You’re pretty and talented. I beleive that YOU CAN DANCE better than them. I Love You…..and I always will.

5. Joanne Says:
    June 23rd, 2007 at 10:32 pm

My heart broke for Jimmy. I was so drawn to him as a dancer. He was so fun and energetic and I looked forward to watching him each week. I did not understand the judges reasons for eliminating him but if this is the direction the show is going, he is better off without the show. Nygel is a hypocrite, because his words contradicts his actions. I am most disappointed in Mia, because she praised Jimmy one night, and broke his heart the next…SHAME ON HER!!

6. Alison Says:
    June 25th, 2007 at 11:51 pm

I don’t think the judges did a good enough job of explaining why they decided to let Jimmy go. They did a lot of talking but not explaining. I think Jimmy is an amazing dancer and should have been allowed to stay – I really enjoyed watching him perform and will miss seeing him on the show. He made that broadway number to “The Wiz” come alive! And what everyone is saying is true that the dancers need to already be knowledgeable enough in various styles of dances and have many strengths to continue in the show. Jimmy definitely proved that he did and while I like Cedric and think he is an extremely talented dancer, he is not as well-rounded as Jimmy.

7. Anonymous Says:
    June 26th, 2007 at 2:29 am

Jessi and Pasha should not have been in the bottom three. Even the judges were shocked. They are both very talented and versatile dancers. Didn’t anyone notice how bad Hok and Jamie’s dance was? They should have been in the bottom three but Hok’s popularity will keep her in it every time. While I don’t think Hok was bad enough to go home Jamie should have been the female dancer to go. Her movements are stiff and choppy and she is not as good as Faina or any of the other girls.

8. jade Says:
    June 26th, 2007 at 2:34 am

Yep, Hok’s talent and that he’s popular will give Jamie who’s not that great a free ride. Not fair but these shows never are totally fair. My three favorite couples are Pasha and Jessi, Lacey and Kameron and Sara and Jesus. Poor Faina got robbed. Jamie should have been in the bottom three and gotten sent home.

Comments