A Dancer Can’t Perform On So You Think You Can Dance Because Of Heart Problems

June 27, 2007 09:16 PM by Joe Blackmon

Jessiperalti_ambulanceFor the top sixteen So You Think You Can Dance performance show, Debbie
Allen joined Mary Murphy and Nigel Lythgoe at the judges’ table.  The
first pair of Sara Von Gillern and JesÃs Solorio krumped to “It’s Okay
(One Blood)” by The Game featuring Junior Reid.  Debbie Allen said
“What a way to start the show.”  Mary Murphy told Jesus, “Man, you were
really hitting it hard the whole way through.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “I
thoroughly enjoyed it.”

The second pair of Shauna Noland and Cedric Gardner danced Contemporary to “I Thought We Had” by The Family Stand.  Debbie Allen said “Well, this is your first week dancing together, and I have to just say, Mia Michael, you delivered these children, darling.”  Mary Murphy said “I feel both of you were dancing your heart out, but for me it still wasn’t good enough.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “Tomorrow night I’m not sure if we’re going to be celebrating, but I think we might be saying goodbye.”

The third pair of Lacey Schwimmer and Kameron Bink danced Quickstep to “Big And Bad” by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.  Debbie Allen said “This shows your versatility once again.”  Mary Murphy said “Bravo to both of you right now.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “It was really entertaining.”

The fourth pair of Anya Garnis and Danny Tidwell danced Hip-Hop to “Oh Timbaland” by Timbaland.  Debbie Allen said “I think Anya and Danny are the dream team.”  Mary Murphy said “You guys are really sensational together.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “Out of everything I’ve seen you do, I think that could be your downfall in style.”

The fifth pair of Sabra Johnson and Dominic Sandoval danced the Rumba to Stickwitu by Pussycat Dolls.  Debbie Allen said “Call the fire department that was hot.”  Mary Murphy said “You guys just have such a wonderful partnership happening, don’t you?”  Nigel Lythgoe said “I’d love to know if you surprise yourselves every week, because you certainly surprise us when you come.”

The sixth pair of Lauren Gottlieb and Neil Haskell danced the Tango to “Tanguera” by Sexteto Mayor.  Debbie Allen said “There were moments where it was, just a note, it just wasn’t quite as smooth as I wanted it to be.”  Mary Murphy said “I was expecting a little bit more today, but it was ok.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “You look great together, the pair of you, terrific.”

The seventh pair of Jaimie Goodwin and Hok Konishi danced Jazz to “The Chairman’s Waltz” from the Memoirs of a Geisha soundtrack.  Debbie Allen said “It was brilliant.”  Mary Murphy said “This was definitely a step up from last week, I tell you.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “It was one of those routines that we will remember on this series for a very long time.”

The eighth pair of Jessi Peralta and Pasha Kovalev were supposed to dance the Cha Cha Cha.  However, Jessi Peralta had a pain in her chest and was taken away in an ambulance.  Instead of Jessi, Pasha Kovalev danced with choreography assistant Melanie to “Let’s Get Loud” by Jennifer Lopez.  Debbie Allen said “It was fabulous.”  Mary Murphy said “You brought the house down tonight.”  Nigel Lythgoe said “I think you’re through, and I think you were wonderful tonight.”

In regards to Jessi Peralta, Nigel Lythgoe said “Let’s just clear up what’s going to happen here.  Jessi is still in the hospital having tests.  It didn’t go well with the EKG.  There is something abnormal about her heart at the moment, and they are doing further tests.  Pasha if you’re voted in the bottom three tomorrow, you will be dancing for your life along with Jessi.  Whatever happens Jessi is going to be dancing for her life if she’s available.  If she’s unavailable, then I’m afraid she will be cut from the competition.”

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

9 Responses to “A Dancer Can’t Perform On So You Think You Can Dance Because Of Heart Problems”

1. pearl Says:
    June 27th, 2007 at 11:28 pm

OMG JESSIE BETTER NOT BE ELIMINATED….THAT WOULD BE SOO UNFAIR!!!!!!!AND I REALLY WANTED TO SEE HER DANCE THE CHA CHA CHA WITH PASHA!!!!! IT WOULD BEEN SUCH AN AMAZING DANCE IF JESSIE WAS DANCING!!!! GET WELL JESSIE!!!

2. Spencer Z Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 10:55 am

I wouldn’t be surprised if she has an atrial septal defect (ASD). In layman’s terms, it’s a small hole in the heart. My 9 year old had open heart surgery last year to repair his, that was discovered by a fluke. If untreated, it can lead to heart attacks, strokes, and lung problems. Usually people don’t find out about these until it’s too late. There are usually no symptoms, but lead to problems later in life, anywhere from teen years to early adulthood. If this is the case, it’s totally treatable, and she should be fine. Another celebrity that had one of these as a child and had the surgery, was Skeet Ulrich. If you look closely in some photos, you can see the scar on his chest, from when he had the surgery. Let’s hope that Jessie will be fine.

3. Eric Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 11:32 am

GO KAMERON and LACEY!!!! I feel so bad for Jessi though, to come all this way and have to leave now. I am really hoping she will be on the show tonight. I would have loved to see Pasha and Jessi do the Cha Cha Cha last night on the show, but Melanie was a good replacement.

4. Kris Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 1:15 pm

I think we should avoid trying to diagnose someone’s potential heart problems on a reality message board. Even if you are a doctor, you know nothing about her symptoms or history to proclaim that she could have ASD. There are multiple reason why an EKG could be abnormal, some serious and some not.

5. NJE Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 2:27 pm

Get well soon Jessi! It would be horrible if she had to drop out now, because she could easily make the Top 10. On a side note, another great episode!

This week’s ranking:
    Worst)Cedric & Shauna
    7)Neil & Lauren
    6)Danny & Anya (WHAT HAPPENED?!)
    5)Pasha (Melanie was a good replacement)
    4)Jesus & Sara
    3)Kameron & Lacey
    2)Dominic & Sabra
    Best)Hok & Jaimie (Wade Robson is amazing!)

6. Anonymous Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 6:38 pm

I have to say I was offended by how they just brushed aside a potentially very serious heart problem in favor of the motto “the show must go on.” How uncaring! They didn’t even with Jessi a quick recovery or anything. I’m sorry but I think someone’s life is A LOT more important than a competition. It really says a lot about our culture…

7. Las Vegas Girl Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:13 pm

I think Jessie was at the end of her journey the night she did poorly on her solo. It’s unfortunate that she was ill, but that is no excuse for her poor performance. She has lost the spark and did not bring it! I think the judges did her a favor. Now she can go home and rest and take care of her self.

8. Letisha Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 1:27 pm

The judges pre-determined kicking off Jessie, because she couldn’t perform on Wed, but she could last night and WE WOULD HAVE VOTED HER SAFE. I am no longer watching the show that states they are looking for America’s favorite dancer when they don’t even give us a chance to do so. They should re word their slogan to “the Judge’s favorite dancer” and to be hinest what the hell are they looking for this year anyways, its been one bad choice after another every week.

9. kaily Says:
    October 25th, 2007 at 11:41 am

jessie and pasha’s cha cha was amazing!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!! the song was great and jessi’s little blue and orange number was gorgeous!!! it was so sad to jessi go :( but i think sara and pasha are gonna be hot!!!

Comments