So You Think You Can Dance Results – Jessi Peralta And Jesús Solorio Eliminated

June 28, 2007 09:11 PM by Joe Blackmon

Sytyd_jessi_jesusTo kick of the third So You Think You Can Dance results show, the
sixteen remaining dancers performed a group dance to “The Lioness Hunt”
from The Lion King.  Host Cat Deeley called Lauren Gottlieb & Neil
Haskell and Lacey Schwimmer & Kameron Bink to center stage.  Cat
revealed that Lacey & Cameron were safe and that Lauren & Neil
were in the bottom three.

Next, Cat Deely called Jaimie Goodwin & Hok Konishi, Sabra Johnson & Dominic Sandoval, and Sara Von Gillern & JesÃs Solorio to center stage.  Cat revealed that Jaimie & Hok and Sabra & Dominic were safe and that Sara & Jesus were in the bottom three.

On the last So You Think You Can Dance performance show, Jessi Peralta couldn’t dance because of chest pains.  Cat Deeley revealed that she got cleared by her doctors to return, and she and Pasha Kovalev danced to “Let’s Get Loud” by Jennifer Lopez.  Jessi revealed that the abnormality in her EKG had been caused by dehydration.  Even though Jessi automatically had to dance for her life because of her inability to perform last night, Cat revealed that Pasha was not in the bottom three.

Next, Cat Deeley called Shauna Noland & Cedric Gardner and Anya Garnis & Danny Tidwell to center stage.  Cat revealed that Shauna & Cedric were safe and that Anya & Danny were in the bottom three.

The bottom six dancers and Jessi Peralta danced solo for their lives in the competition.  Lauren Gottlieb danced to Popozoa by Kevin Federline.  Neil Haskell danced to “Come On” by Ben Jelen.  Sara Von Gillern danced to “Ladies First” by Queen Latifah.  JesÃs Solorio danced to “What I Like About You” by The Romantics.  Jessi Peralti danced to “Ice Box” by Omarion.  Danny Tidwell danced to “A Song For You” by Elliott Yamin.  Anya Garnis danced to “Fields Of Gold” by Eva Cassidy.

While the judges deliberated, special guests Fergie and Ludacris performed “Glamorous.”  When the judges returned, Nigel Lythgoe revealed that the judges were not unanimous in their decision on the female dancers, and he also reprimanded all the dancers for not being good enough tonight.  Nigel asked Jessi Peralta to step forward and told her that they were going to lose her from the competition tonight.  Nigel revealed that the judges were unanimous in the decision on the male dancers.  Nigel told JesÃs Solorio that he had been outstanding throughout the season, but because of how well the other two guys did, they were going to have to say goodbye to him.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for So You Think You Can
Dance
news.  For other great So You Think You Can
Dance news, please also check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can
Dance

Topics: So You Think You Can Dance |

40 Responses to “So You Think You Can Dance Results – Jessi Peralta And Jesús Solorio Eliminated”

1. P.W. Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 9:46 pm

I must say I found it utterly appalling that after all she’s been through, Jessi was eliminated tonight. (By the way, Joe: her last name is Peralta, not Peralti. Check her bio here: http://www.fox.com/dance/bios/09-peralta.htm) While I wasn’t happy at the thought of seeing any of those girls go, the fact that it was Jessi is ridiculous! If Mary Murphy was one of the judges who voted against her, they should find a new judge posthaste!

2. Eddie Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 9:56 pm

Totally agree with P.W.

3. jane Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 10:27 pm

Jesus is one of my favorites and each week he has performed consistently well. I’m very disappointed that he was eliminated. Cedric totally got the sympathy vote, even though I admire his positive attitude at the judges’ critiques. The judges were clear last night that his techniques have fallen short and he has let down his partners.

4. laura Ditzel Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Jessi was the best out of all of the girls! Anya relied on a chessy revealing outfit and just walked across the stage. Lauren didn’t bring it either! Sara and Jessica are the best! We all know Mary Murphey loves Anya but judging from her solo she was bad. We all know Mary Murphey was the reason for Anya staying. If Jessica was voted on her routine with Posa she would not have been in the bottom three. And we all know Cedric sould have went home.

5. Emily Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 10:45 pm

My only real question is what are they going to do with Sarah as she has no partner (there are too many girls)?

6. Esther Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

I think it was a total slap in the face to Jessi – after she dances her heart out, twice. And out of the four girl dancers that danced tonight, she was not the worst. And Jesus was definitely not the worst guy dancer tonight either. This week’s vote was so wrong on many levels.

7. Anonymous Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 11:18 pm

laura ditzel-sara will dance with pasha, as pasha was jessi’s partner before she was eliminated.

8. ballroom dancer Says:
    June 28th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

I just want to know why they sent Jessi home? She ws the only girl that danced from her heart and with passion. Being a ballroom dancer myself, i think Anya is good but Jessi has something special about her. Didn’t the judges see that?

9. Anonymous Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:01 am

I was so upset that Jesus was eliminated!! Cedric was suppose to go!!

10. # Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:19 am

Did anyone else wonder if maybe Jessi’s heart problem wasn’t a 100% about dehydration? Chest pains and irregular heart beat can be a result of stimulant abuse. After all Nigel didn’t even comment on Jessi’s performance at all. I think Jessi did wonderfully tonight, and I doubt her getting eliminated had anything to do with her dancing abilities.

11. Jay Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:23 am

On the West Coast, when Jesus was saying his goodbyes they muted his microphone and cut away. What did he say?

12. cari Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:37 am

Jay… same thing happened on the East Coast too. I thought it was my shitty cable again.

About Jessi, stimulant use is perhaps a good guess… I’m also thinking possible eating disorder. the fact that they game no substantive reason for letting her go was strange. it seemed like they had “other” reasons.

Perhaps it came down to a liability issue for the show.

13. care Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:38 am

I’m really curious about what Jesus was saying that they cut out. They cut to a view of the audience mid-sentence, then when they cut back to him, he was obviously speakig, but they muted his words until he got to the part where he said he wanted to help other realize their dreams….. What could he possibly have said that was so worthy of blocking?? If anyone heard an unedited version, please inform your west coast friends….

14. Anonymous Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:38 am

He said s*** I’m going to cry!

15. care Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:42 am

Really? All they blocked out was a slip of the s word? It looked so like they blocked so much more. they should have just bleeped the word!

16. CA Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 12:42 am

I want to know why Nigel was so abrupt about cutting Jessi. He has always talked to, encouraged, and discussed why he was cutting everyone else on the program, but he didn’t do that with Jessi tonight. I mean, if they were concerned about her health, couldn’t they just say that?!! That would be easier to understand than just cutting her out so abruptly and without an explanation. I actually thought her solo was the most interesting tonight. The other girls solos were so lame! -at least I agree with Nigel that the solos were ‘not enough’ for the girls tonight. Cutting Jessi with no explanation though…that was HARSH Nigel. America wants to know what happened?

17. Anonymous Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 1:08 am

They didn’t beep out the words when I watched it. I was busy cooking so I wasn’t exactly glued to the TV but I’m pretty sure he said like the comment above stated S*** I think I’m going to cry and then in came S*** again or another bad word. He wasn’t mad, I think his reaction was please don’t cry…please don’t cry, but tears started coming out and so he accidently said a bad word. I’m so MAD that he got eliminated after his AWESOME performance with Sara! He didn’t even get to dance his style yet! That was pretty sad….the worst elimination in my book!

18. KLW Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 1:35 am

That is it. I am over this show after tonight. I’ll watch the finale to see who won but otherwise forget it!

No Jesus? what is the point?

19. Lisa Spradlin Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 2:09 am

THEY HAVE LOST THEIR MINDS!!!!!! Jesus gone!?!?There is nothing that boy can’t do.He was always the highlite of the show.Neil a better dancer than Jesus that’s a joke right?Last week when Posha did his solo they told him it wasn’t good enough but they kept him anyway.And then their willing to keep Cedric and give him another chance when that boy has done nothing but suck from day one!Jesus gone while Cedric is still there?That’s it.I’m done.I will never watch that show again.Obviously those judges don’t know their asses from holes in the ground and that comes from somebody with 15 years of tap,ballet,jazz,baton,toe shoe,and gymnastics.See Ya….

20. kiwicat Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 6:38 am

They were abrupt on the show because they were running out of time. Usually they talk about the new partnership etc. It is a crock that Cedric got to stay. If the judges hadn’t been so harsh, America might have voted him out but voted to spite the judges and so poor Jesus is gone! And Danny in the bottom 3?????? It sure is a different year. While the judges are doing their thing, I wish they wouldn’t have musicians on the show. Instead they should bring back previous dancers or show clips of where they are now and what they are doing.

21. vita Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 7:23 am

I’m sorry, but I think jessie was sent home due to her medical condition…..a dance show cannot be liable when performers fall out……Jessie is very talented. it appeared to me that mary and nigel were dissapointed in jessie not her performance….she may have done something wrong regarding her health and they had to let her go…when asked what happened jessie gave a vague answer……well there’s your answer….. very sad

22. Reba Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 8:09 am

I agree that there is more to the Jessi story. I was thinking more along the lines that she was not dependable or had a tendency to crumble in a crunch and they just did not want to deal with her. Nigel and Mary would have voted against her because they are the ones having to deal with her every week. But the substance abuse angle definitely fits the growing list of possibilities. If so, Nigel would have to be abrupt in “firing’ her. Giving reasons opens up the floor for debate and lawsuits.

23. Reba Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 8:24 am

By the way, imo Neil should have gone home instead of Jesus. The reason they gave was lame. Jesus has that illusive “it” factor that Neil lacks (at least for me). I think the “reality” is that they are setting up an ethnically diverse top 10, with a little bit of this and a little touch of that. Dominic is a shoe-in to “represent” and could, conceivably, win it all with his popularity. Maybe they wanted to get rid of some of his competition while they had the chance. What a shame! Jesus and Sara were one of my favorite couples.

24. marko Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 9:47 am

Jessi went to the hospital a few weeks ago after collapsing from ‘dehydration.’ If you look at earlier clips, it appears she started to lose some weight, if that is possible given her already thin figure. I do agree something more is afoot, and it is possible that anorexia/bulemia might be involved in tandem with sheer anxiety and exhaustion. But I have to think the powers-that-be, and even each partner, makes sure everyone is drinking their bottled water during those rigourous practice sessions. I doubt little that Jessi was seen as a possible liability and they didn’t want to take that chance.

25. Sara Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 10:38 am

I agree with the judges on the guys. Those three were all really awesome, but Danny and Neil’s solos were just better than Jesus’s that night. I thought that was spot-on. I also thought they were right about none of the girl’s solos being particularly good, but I thought Lauren’s was especially bad so she should have gone. I didn’t think Jessie’s was very good either though, considering she knew the furthest ahead of time she would have to dance that night.

26. John Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 11:49 am

Whether its stimulants, an eating disorder, or just plain dehiydration, the fact is Jessie wasn’t able to perform the night before, and even though she looked great doing the cha cha cha with Pasha last night, the only thing that counted was her individual dance, and it basically had to blow away the other dancers or she was toast. Another way to look at it is that even though the other girls were in the bottom of the vote totals, Jessie had 0 going into the individual dance and just didn’t do well enough to stay. The first words out of my mouth to my wife after Jessie was cut was the show didn’t want to take on the liability. Nigel was abrupt because it would have been just too hard to explain all that and not make a mess out of it. In the end, the odds were stacked against Jessie and she lost.

27. Rick Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 3:23 pm

Wow, this is a very talented group of dancers this year. I am sad to see Jesus go, and feel bad that Jessi was cut given the circumstances. I think Danny and Anya could be in a free fall now. Danny just looks outright arrogant and bored. Laughing while Nigel is talking, coming off as he is better than everyone else, and Anya put absolutely nothing into her solo, it was really pathetic. I’m really hoping Sara and Pascha hit it off and blow us away. I love Sara, I know she won’t win, but there is something about her that is just so compelling.

28. skeeder Says:
    June 29th, 2007 at 3:54 pm

jessie gone?! Talented, tight, focused and drop dead gorgeous…………something else is going on by the way she was sent off the show so quickly. She was the best dancer giving it her all. I’m very saddened by her absence. She was far too good to be voted off like that and I believe the people should vote them off NOT the judges. We’re the ones being ‘entertained’ by them and not judging them.

29. Tori Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 1:05 am

I was extremely disappointed in the results seeing as Jessi gave, without any sort of doubt, the best solo of the girls. It is, indeed, HIGHLY unusual for there to have not been some sort of explanation given as to why Jessi did not, theoretically, stack up to the other girls. Even in a time crunch, Jesus was given some words of explanation. While speculations point towards liability and eating disorders and stimulant abuse (which are all valid ideas), the first thought that popped into my mind was about Jessi and Pasha and their relationship. The contestants are not supposed to involve themselves in romantic relationships, and Jessi as good as admitted to being involved with Pasha. Maybe that’s reaching, but it was the first thought that came to mind for me. So sad to see Jessi go.

30. Anonymous Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 8:42 am

This week was a big joke.
    The girl who actually dances instead of walking on the stage and takin off her clothes, gets voted off?!!! Not to mention the judges alreadey sent home the most talented men contestants. Cedrick is a nervous mess…and of course he gets safe cause people feel bad for him. Lauren is terrible, and ana or whatever her name is supposed to be so good …shows america nothing as she dances for her life.
    This week was the most disapointing…bad deliberation

31. dancegirl Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 1:22 pm

I am so upset that jessi and jesus left!! Those two couples (plus kameron and lassie) were my favorites!!!! I think cedric should have gone home when faina left! Hopefully Sara and Pasha will be a great couple!!!!

32. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    June 30th, 2007 at 7:45 pm

It will be a girl who will win this competition on So You Think You Can Dance: either Lacey, Sabra (the judges’ wild-card in case Lacey goes), Sara (the Jordin Sparks of SYTYCD) or Shauna (if she keeps avioding the bottom 3).

33. Lisa Says:
    July 1st, 2007 at 5:39 am

I agree it should have been Laurn and Neil.WTF were they thinking?Neil a better dancer than Jesus that’s a joke right?there is nothing that boy can’t do.I have every show recorded including auditions.Not once at any given point in time did he receive anything other than praise.I always looked forward to watching him dance.No matter what he did it was entertaining and didn’t Nigel say to Dominic (1st elimination)that being intertaining is such a big part of dance having a personality and you have both and that was just proven by Benji(talking about Benji’s performance at the beginning of that show).Jesus most definately had both.Now let’s go back in time to the 2nd elimination.Posha had to dance for his life.He also has a great personality and he performs very well with a partner but alone he’s not so good.When it came time he was told his solo was not good enough and if he wanted to stay he uld have to step it up.He wasn’t as good as the other two so they said but they chose to keep him.Jesus was told his solo was not good enough,the other two were better so they said,the exact thing that was said to Posha yet they let Jesus go.If you compare Posha and Jesus(put personal feelings aside and focus only on the dancing)Jesus is better.so why was it okay to keep Posha and not Jesus if they were both told the same thing?Neil is good at what he does but if you go back and watch all the show’s every single time he came to be judged it was always in a negative way.Get past his looks and watch the dancing.He can’t bend his back or should I say arch his back.Now in his style of dance that’s fine but in others it makes him liik like he has a corncob or something shoved up his rear end(ther’s really just no other way to say it).Again,go back and review the show’s and you will hear Nigel give a speech about how it’s not about being good in your own style it’s about being good in every style.Jesus was very good in every style,Neil was not so again why is Jesus gone?
    I know the judges have a hard time deciding who’s going to go sometimes but if they want to judge then they need to pick one set of rules and not deviate from those rules.They seem to be just making them up as they go to suite their purposes.If your going to eliminate one dancer for whatever reason then stick to it.Don’t say it’s okay for one but not the other.they all deserve to be treated fairly.Wether their really good or not they have all worked very hard to get to where they are and they at least deserve that.Nigel has always said It’s your “dance for your life routine” that determins wether you stay or go.But so far it’s been:
    1.When we compare you to the other’s
    2.Your solo’s not good enough
    3.We have to base our decision on solo’s in the
    past
    4.We have to take into account all the dances
    you’ve done so far
    5.We have to base our decisions by how good the
    other dancers are
    6.We based our decision on talent
    7.We decided to support uniqueness
    8.????????(no reason given)
    9.You did not show us your full potiental(this
    was just a flat out lie)
    10.We had to let somebody go
    11.We don’t think you have the strenth
    12.We don’t think your capable
    13.The only style your really good at is your own
    14.You don’t have enough range
    15.You don’t have a personality
    16.Your not what we’re really looking for
    These are just a few reasons given on the actual show so far.Not auditions.If you’ll notice only 1 of those has anything to do with the actual dance performedso again why is Jesus gone when none of these reasons apply to him.I know Nigel doesn’t think he”s hot or sexy like Anya is(NOT MY WORDS go back and listen to the audition she did.You will hear Nigel say this more tham once and Dan agrees with him every time.We were not supposed to hear it but I did)but Cedric and Neil still being there just adds insult to injury and once the damage is done it’s done.You can’t make people forget,you can’t make it okay,you can’t make ie go away.I think some serious damage has been done to this show and it will take a lot to fix it if that’s even possible.I do have a suggestion though and if someone could pass this along to Nigel it might do some good.Since we are supposed to pick America’s favorite dancer then on elimination night let us pick who goes home.Have the bottem 3 couples do their thing then while the special guest is performing we can vote then at the end of the show give the results.And yes there is enough time for that.Computers keep the results and gives them to you immediately.All they would have to do is cut back on all the chit-chat at the beginng of the show.We don’t have to constantly be told everybody’s life story on every show.We decide and oh looky there problem solved.We can’t pick America’s favorite dancer if he or she is not there.I don’t think many people would agree with me but I’m not the one being judged.
    P.S.- They really messed up bad when they cut Jessi but it wasn’t like they were going to cut Wade’s assistant Lauren.OOOppps! I don’t think anyone was supposed to know that.My BADDDDD!

34. Anonymous Says:
    July 1st, 2007 at 4:08 pm

The reason they cut her was probably because of her heart problem. She shouldn’t be risking it knowing her heart is failing. Or yea, next time let her compete then she gets a heart attack in the middle of a routine and who would they blame? The show of course. And yes Jesus should’ve stayed! Nigel said the other two guys were better so that’s why they cut him off.

35. Anonymous Says:
    July 1st, 2007 at 11:09 pm

Cedric should have went home.
    I can’t believe he stayed he is horrible.
    Jesus was amazing and performed well each week and was one of my top favorites.
    Jessie out of all the girls shouldn’t have went home.
    Cedric better go home this week.

36. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) Says:
    July 2nd, 2007 at 6:27 pm

I don’t know if Fox is going to air SYTYCD’s Top 14 episode on Wednesday this week, maybe next week from my TV guide at my house.

37. Anonymous Says:
    July 3rd, 2007 at 11:10 pm

Jessie Peralta was my old dance teacher, I don’t think that me knowing her in the past has to do with my opinion on this but what they did was very strange on that elimination. I just thought it was really weird how they only talked to one girl and didn’t even criticize her on anything. I mean give the girl a break, she just got out of the hospital!

38. ann Says:
    July 6th, 2007 at 1:22 am

what is the reason jessi was let go. i thought you were in the final bottom if either partner got elimanted. but in the case of jessi . sash was not eliminated and amercia vote”s did not put jessi in the bottom. SO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ?WHY WAS JESSI ELEMINATED FROM THE DANCE COMPETION

39. john Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 6:53 am

Ok here it is. She was let go because of her two comments about Pasha. 1. when asked about the greatest expierence on the show, answer – “Pasha”. 2. then the wantabee boy friend comment. I think most contestants on the show have there head in another place. I wasn,t supprised at all they cut her without giving a reason.

40. amber Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 2:41 am

John i think you are TOTALLY right!!!! she seemed like little miss needy.

Comments