American Inventor Houston And Tampa Auditions

July 11, 2007 10:21 PM by Joe Blackmon

Carlos_reidThe American Inventor Houston and Tampa auditions didn’t start off very
well.  The American Inventor judges turned away Charles Amyx who
invented the Cooler Top, Evan Balasuriya who invented the Double Chin
Buster,  Jeff Miller who invented The Squirrel Circus, Marsia Tucci who
invented a mattress with support panels for women with large breasts,
Rodney Skinner who invented the Quickie Mouth Cleaner, and Benjamin
Hausbach who invented the Safe Tan.

Things did eventually improve in Houston and Tampa.  The American Inventor judges gave their votes of approval to Furney Eubanks who invented the Easy Mower, Mike Kelley who invented the Revolutions exercise machine, Glenda & Richard Jackson who invented the Dryer Shoe Holder, Richard McFee who invented the Pop-Up Party Table, and Mike and Joe Miller who invented Wrap Away.

However, things once again went south with a wave of rejected inventors.  The American Inventor judges said no to Michael Osayi who invented the Scramblers 10 game, Virginia Gentile who invented the Pet Jacuzzi, and Khaled Abusaif who invented the Car Zoogler.

The Houston and Tampa auditions did end on a high note with Carlos Reid who invented Reid Building Blocks.  While the idea of plastic building blocks for houses might seem like a longshot, Reid’s passionate plea to the judges got him through to the next round.  If Reid Building Blocks really can make a home flood, fire, and termite proof, then it could very well be an invention that changes the world as Reid claims.

Reality TV
Magazine
is your source for American Inventor
news.  For other great American Inventor news, please also check out
SirLinksALot: American
Inventor

Topics: American Inventor |

20 Responses to “American Inventor Houston And Tampa Auditions”

1. Jeff Miller Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 6:13 am

Yes, I am that Jeff Miller, the one who appeared with the Squirrel Circus and eventually got booted, but not before an adventure that started in New York and ended in Houston. The tragedy is that “my” segment of the July 11 broadcast was pre-empted in New York by a news bulletin. Quite a disappointment, but I’m glad the rest of the country got to see it. If by some chance you subscribe to Long Island Business News, you can read a brief version of the audition story at libn.com.

2. Virginia Boyd Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 8:02 am

Regarding Carlos Reid and the July 11, 2007 episode of American Inventor. I don’t think plastic building blocks that are fireproof is farfetched at all. Boeing just unveiled it’s new “Dreamliner” 787 that reportedly is made of plastic. Carlos you are a hero.

3. kate neville Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 8:28 am

Carlos Reid has the best idea yet to show on American Inventor. There are all kind of things now that can do with the new plastics. This is a workable idea. Carlos is a true visionary and head and shoulders above the crowd. We need more people like him.

4. Marty M. Fahncke Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 8:37 am

I agree with you about the Rebuilding Blocks.

They could be world-changing IF they are all the inventor claims them to be.

You can read more about that and more on my review of the episode here:

5. Mary Beth Boyd Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 10:29 am

After watching Carlos Reid on American Inventor last night, his building blocks idea is on track. I’m a fifth year architecture major at the University of Oregon and we study alternative building materials. Check out the book “Design Like You Give a Damn.” I’ve yet to come across an idea as promising as this one!

6. Lisa Floyd Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 10:53 am

After watching the American Inventor Tampa auditions, I was clearly impressed by the concept of Carlos Reid’s building blocks. Why not build a house out of something other than flammable materials. His idea IS revoluntary and defintely needs to be promoted.

7. Richard Ginn Says:
    July 12th, 2007 at 12:28 pm

I loved the building blocks idea.

Although he mainly shows wall bricks, what is going to do for roof bricks????

Will the rafters be made of bricks as well???

Has he tested how much weight these bricks can hold???

How well do the bricks insulate from the cold weather and from hot weather???

I would have passed him on, but have lots of questions to be answered on this though.

And one final thought on the Scramblers 10 game idea. Could he just sell us the tiles, the bag and instructions with a new name for the game???? That might get him away from lawsuit land.

8. Beverley Hoskins Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 4:42 pm

The QUICKIE MOUTH CLEANER Invention presented by RODNEY SKINNER is a fantastic idea. I could use a tin of the QMC in my purse, car, office, desk for cleaning my teeth after having lunch out, or having a cup of coffee.

In fact, my kids could use them in their school lunch box for cleaning their teeth after lunch, snack, candy treats to get the bacteria, film off of their teeth.

I would love to see this invention go to market. We would buy them. Everyone could use them.

Bev in North Carolina

9. rodney skinner Says:
    July 14th, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Thanks Bev thats right i could use them also and seems plenty of other visitors to my web site asking to purchase Quickies, designed for On-the-Go daily use not trying to replace the toothbrush, Check’m Out http://www.quickiemouthcleaner.com

10. Rayman Bernal Says:
    July 15th, 2007 at 3:33 pm

I would like to hear from Richard McFee on the Pop Up Party Table. EMAIL me.

11. diana Says:
    July 16th, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Hello would love to try those Quickies Mouth Cleaners out, what a do i have to do to get one Hello!…

12. jack Says:
    July 16th, 2007 at 10:30 pm

yeh! i love Quickies too he hee!

13. Theresa Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 10:08 am

was is Steve Wall who inventer the wallbuster machine?

14. Theresa Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 10:08 am

was is Steve Wall who invented the wallbuster machine?

15. Carl Says:
    July 21st, 2007 at 1:46 pm

I like the Scramblers 10 also. Still hope we see a return of the Black Cougar. But I am voting for Ricky and his HT Racers. That dude is an inventor and this remote control product is a winner. I own a few hobby shops and I tell you, they would sell!

16. Richard McFee Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 9:23 pm

Rodney, please contact me with any questions you’ve got about the Pop-Up Party Table. rmcfee@popuppartytable.com

17. Richard McFee Says:
    July 26th, 2007 at 9:24 pm

That’s Rayman, not Rodney, sorry.

18. frank albrecht Says:
    July 29th, 2007 at 10:00 pm

Novelty digital alram clock incorporates a rotating globe and flashing lights. this device could serve as a functional, decorative accessory for use in a bedroom, classroom or business

19. Gregory Siener Says:
    August 1st, 2007 at 9:11 pm

I think Carlos Reids idea was excellent. In fact, I have been working on getting this product patented for some time. I have worked with mold designers and plastics engineers for several years to finally get a patent pending status last year. Check out http://www.plastiblok.com to find out more information on this idea.

20. barbara willis Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 9:49 am

i can’t seem to find out if auditions for the 2008 season in new york has happened yet? does anybody know where i can get a list of cities, dates, times for 2008 season…

Comments