Don’t Forget The Lyrics Premieres Tonight

July 11, 2007 12:02 AM by Joe Blackmon

We all think we know the words to popular songs, but when there’s a
million dollars at stake, will contestants be able to keep singing when
the music stops? Or will they be at a loss for words? On this exciting
new game show, contestants will choose songs from different genres,
decades and musical artists.

Then they’ll take center stage to sing alongside the studio band as the lyrics are projected on screen – but suddenly the music will stop and the words will disappear. Will the contestants belt out the correct missing lyric, or freeze under pressure?

Wayne Brady hosts the new game show DON’T FORGET THE LYRICS! premiering Wednesday, July 11 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Topics: Don't Forget The Lyrics |

7 Responses to “Don’t Forget The Lyrics Premieres Tonight”

1. Tj Says:
    July 18th, 2007 at 3:21 pm

Man what a disapointment Don’t forget the Lyrics was. Don’t you hate it when they give a contestant 10 minutes to come up with and answer? Then worse than American Idol they hesitate for another 10 minutes to give the true answer. The first show the lady barely got through 5 songs. And it was the same format for every challenge. We got bored and didn’t even bother watching the next show. It’s just to slow and druged out.

2. Anonymous Says:
    July 19th, 2007 at 2:17 pm
  3. Dianne Martin Says:
    July 24th, 2007 at 2:13 pm

This show is so much better than the Singing Bee…At least it has a format..oh and Wayne is so much better than Joey again NBC cannot get it right. But they do try to be first as if that would make the show last.

4. Dianne Martin Says:
    July 24th, 2007 at 2:13 pm

5. Pamela Middleton Says:
    September 28th, 2007 at 8:02 am

I just want to know how do you get on the show. I watched the show for the first time and I was able to sing almost every song that was played. I think I have a good chance at winning on the show, since I listen to almost all type of music.

Pamela Middleton

6. clara Boyer Says:
    October 21st, 2007 at 11:32 am

I am sorry. I really like Wayne, but the quests are obnoxious and showoffs. Gag!!! Maybe the PTB want that kind of contestant but I can’t stand looking at- or listening to them. Hopefully they will get some genuinely nice and humble people on there that an audience would be able to “root” for. I am just about ready to turn it off completely. I have gotten to the point where I “mute” everything except Wayne.

7. melody davis Says:
    November 10th, 2007 at 10:32 am

I think the show is absolutely fantastic, wayne is great I would like to know how to attend. How can I become a contestant on The dont forget the lyrics show hosted by the wonderful wayne brady, please contact me at the above address if it is possible for me to get tickets to attend. Keep up the good work Wayne Brady!!!!!!!

Comments